Oral B Electric Toothbrush UK 2020 Reviews? Here is a detailed review of the top best Oral B electric toothbrushes ranging from the cheapest first entry, low end, mid-range to the premium models.
1. Oral B Genius X Review - Best Oral B Electric Toothbrush UK 2020
Oral-B Genius X is our number one best Oral B electric toothbrush UK 2020 that includes artificial intelligence (AI) which detects which area you have missed so that you can focus on it.
The AI technology will give you personalized feedback to enhance your brushing for a healthier and cleaner mouth.
Using the Oral B Genius X can reduce up to 100% more plague than the standard manual toothbrush. It is also charged by a lithium-ion battery that can last up to 2 weeks with a single charge.
75% of the users of the Oral B Genius X electric toothbrush has reported that they had gum and dental improvements after using it.
As , Oral B Genius X electric toothbrush includes one SensiUltrathin brush head, USB travelling case, and a 2 pin UK plug.
It features 6 different brushing modes specific for different dental care such as sensitive, deep cleaning, or daily cleaning.
It is a black electric toothbrush that can be connected to the Oral B App by Bluetooth.
Oral-B Genius X] is recommended by dentists from all around the world.
2. Oral B Genius 9000 Review
Oral-B Genius 9000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush is an electric toothbrush made in Germany with a claim that it can remove up to 100% more plaque than other toothbrushes.
It comes with 6 modes to choose from. It is a Bluetooth-connected handle, so it can detect the area that hasn't got clean yet. It also includes a gum-pressure sensor to give a sign if we brush too hard. One time charge can last for two weeks.
It also includes four brush heads, lithium-ion battery, USB charging travel case, and a smartphone holder. It is a month money-back guarantee and 2-year warranty. It comes with 6 colors.
3. Oral B Genius 8000 Review
The Oral-B Genius 8000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush features a premium silver handle that can be connected to their app by Bluetooth.
The Oral B Genius 8000 toothbrush includes the electric toothbrush, 3 extra replaceable brush heads, a standard travel case, and a 2 pin UK plug.
The Genius 8000 includes 5 different cleaning modes for sensitive teeth and gums. This electric toothbrush can remove up to 100% more plague than compared to the standard manual toothbrushes.
It includes a position detection so it can alert you to brush all areas of the teeth. The Oral B Genius 8000 brush can whiten you teeth by gently removing the stains from the surface of the teeth.
It is charged by a lithium ion battery that can last up to 2 weeks with a single charge. The Genius range of toothbrush is recommended by doctors all around the world.
4. Oral B 7000 Review
The Oral-B SmartSeries 7000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush is an electric toothbrush that comes with a premium quality handle that can be connected to the Oral B app. It comes with 4 extra toothbrush heads and a premium quality travel case to store the toothbrush in.
The Smart Series 7000 toothbrush can remove up to 100% more plague than the normal manual toothbrush. It features a dentist inspired brush head that can rotate and pulsate to remove plaque from the mouth.
The toothbrush features 6 different cleaning modes, including gum care, sensitive, daily care, tongue cleaning, deep clean, and whitening.
It features a Bluetooth connectivity handle and a smart gum pressure sensor that will alert you in case you are brushing your teeth too hard.
The brush head features a 3D rotating head for a deeper clean that will clean all the angles of the teeth. Oral B toothbrush is recommended by dentists worldwide.
5. Oral B 6500 Review
The Oral-B SmartSeries Black 6500 CrossAction Electric Toothbrushoffers us the best experience of electric brushing, with up to five different modes of dental cleaning: gum care, daily cleaning, whitening, deep cleaning and sensitive teeth. It also has a timer function, through which we will be able to control the brushing time and will notify us when we have reached the recommended minutes by the dentist.
Its Crossaction head is designed by dental professionals to completely surround each tooth at a 16-degree angle. It also has a 3D total cleaning function, in which the head swings, rotates and taps on the dental plate, eliminating up to 100 percent than manual brushing. In addition, to have a pressure sensor that will cause a red pilot to turn on if we are exerting too much force during brushing.
On the other hand, the Oral-B 6500 brush is one of the first electric brushes with Bluetooth connectivity, allowing the user to record in real time all the data of their daily brushing. This brush is compatible with the following replacement heads: 3D White, CrossAction, FlossAction, TriZone, Double Cleaning, Sensitive Cleaning and Precision Cleaning.
Without a doubt, one of the best options on the market to ensure satisfactory and professional finishing dental hygiene.
6. Oral B Smart Series 6000 Review
Oral-B SmartSeries 6000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush features a handle that can be connected to the Oral B app by Bluetooth.
It comes with 3 extra toothbrush heads, a premium travel case, and a 2 pin UK plug.
The Oral B Smart 6 6000 can remove up to 100% more plague than the standard manual brushes.
It features a pressure technology that alerts you when you are brushing too hard. It also includes 5 different brushing modes that can suit your specific needs ranging from sensitive care to a daily clean.
While brushing, it can you give a real time feedback, promoting a better brushing experience.
The Oral B Smart 6 6000 is charged by a lithium battery that can last up to 2 weeks within a single charge. It is recommended by dentists worldwide.
Check detailed, Oral B 6000 Review.
7. Oral B Smart 5 5000 Cross Action Electric Toothbrush Review
The Oral-B Smart 5 5000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush is a popular electric toothbrush that doesn’t go overboard with features. It’s designed for endurance, effective cleaning, and ease of use.
It has a round head that reaches all corners of your gums and leaves you with a super-clean smile. The polishing cup contains toothpaste and ensures it reaches surface stains for noticeably whiter teeth.
This toothbrush is convenient for those with sensitive teeth with its pressure control function that prevents you from brushing too hard and five cleaning modes that adapt to your needs. Further personalization is possible with three brush heads, each designed with dentists for a specific purpose. Also included are a USB cable and a matching travel case.
The only downside users report is that this toothbrush lasts 7 days, unlike marketed two weeks, and needs several hours for a full recharge. But with its impressive design and a compatible app that helps you build better habits - Oral-B 5 5000 is still a great pick for anyone looking for a no-frills toothbrush that does an incredibly good job at keeping your smile clean, white and healthy.
Oral B Smart 4 4000 Review
Oral-B Smart 4 4000N CrossAction Electric Toothbrush Rechargeable provides 3 cleaning modes: daily clean, sensitive, and gum care. It is equipped with Lithium-Ion battery, lasting over 2 weeks between charges so you don’t need to worry about bringing the charger on vacations.
It has a visible pressure sensor that flashes red every time you brush hard as means to alert you to reduce pressure while brushing.
It has ability to remove up to 100% stains and plaque on the surface and in your gum for a healthier and whiter smile compared to manual toothbrush.
The pack also includes 2 Pin and 2 toothbrush heads for you to change over time.
Oral-B Smart 4 4000N comes with Oral B App that can be downloaded on your phone, enabling the Smart Coaching feature. This App is designed by dentists and specialists for you to track your progress, analyze feedback, and improve your brushing habits.
Oral B Pro 3 3000 Review
Oral-B Pro 3 3000 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush is a revolutionary toothbrush which makes your teeth look fresh and clean all day long! It is designed in a unique way to create the best results! Teeth brushing never been such easy!
Oral-B Pro 3 3000 has the following features:
- 3D cleaning (pulses, oscillates and rotates) to remove up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush.
- Around 40 thousands pulsations and 8800 oscillations per minute
- Rechargeable with 3 custom cleaning modes: Daily Cleaning, Sensitive Mode and Whitening.
- Gently breaks the bacterial plaque and removes it.
- It has a visible pressure sensor. It lights up if you press too hard
- The timer indicates the cleaning period of 2 minutes recommended by dentists.
- Surrounds each tooth for deeper and more precise cleaning
Oral B Pro 2 2500 Review
Oral-B Pro 2 2500 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush Rechargeable is the number one best selling electric toothbrush UK. It is quite cheap and comes with all the basic features that one needs to fight against plaque buildup and dental decay.
- It has 2 cleaning modes, the daily clean for regular use and the gum care for cleaning sensitive teeth
- It employs 3D cleaning action (vibrates, rotates and pulsates) to remove up to 100% plaque compared to a manual toothbrush
- It comes with one brush head, a standard travel case (with space for a handle and 2 brush heads) and the 2pin UK plug
- Like all other Oral B toothbrushes; you also get two years warranty that can be extended to three if you register it on Oral B site
- And the best part, it uses lithium-ion battery that when fully charged can last up to 2 weeks time before recharging it once again
Oral B Pro 2 2000n Review
The Oral-B Pro 2 2000N CrossAction Electric Toothbrush Rechargeable is rechargeable and has 2 different modes; daily clean and gum care.
Not only does it remove 100 percent more plaque than a regular toothbrush, but it does so by also protecting the gums.
With its gum pressure sensor, the toothbrush will alert you if you are brushing too hard. It also has a 2-minute timer that lets you know when you have brushed your teeth for the recommended amount of time.
The brush head is round and it pulses, oscillates, and rotates for maximum cleaning potential. The Oral-B Pro 2 2000N will gently whiten your teeth as early as the first use by gently removing all the plaque and surface stains.
The package comes with one electric brush handle, one brush head, and the charger. The electric brush handle is also compatible with all genuine Oral-B toothbrush heads.
Oral B Pro 650 Review - Best Cheap Electric Toothbrush
Everyone likes to have clean and white teeth, and electric toothbrushes have become a pretty easy way to have that. Oral-B Pro 650 Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush is designed with the guidance of the dentists to assure your teeth are sparkling clean, removing up to 100% of plaque from your teeth.
- It has only one mode of cleaning, a daily cleaning mode, which makes it perfect if you're just switching from your manual toothbrush.
- The program lasts for two minutes with alerts every 30 seconds, so you know exactly when to switch to another area of your mouth.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty, so in case you need extra help, you're covered, and it's affordable, as well.
- Battery life is impressive - it takes around 16 hours to charge fully, and it lasts for ten days if you're using it twice a day.
Oral-B Pro 650 is a great best cheap electric toothbrush, but it can be a little noisy like all Oral B toothbrushes, so if you want to be quiet when you're brushing your teeth, check Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes.
Oral B Vitality Cross Action Toothbrush Review
The Oral-B Vitality Plus Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrushmodel is a handy, 2D Cleaning Action electric toothbrush whose price varies from 18 to 25 pounds.
- The toothbrush has 1 handle, 1 head with a UK 2-pin plug.
- It comes in four colors: white, pink, black, and blue. The prices of the corresponding colors may be different as they represent different ranges of the product.
- The bristles are angled at 16 degrees and the head has a round shape.
- A convenient in-handle timer helps to notify you of the 2-minute brush that is recommended by dentists.
- The replacement heads come in a variety, which you should change every three or four months.
Compared to other Oral-B electric toothbrushes, the Oral-B Vitality Plus has Cleaning Action of 2D, not 3D, does not have pressure sensor and its mode is Daily Clean only, not for Gum Care or Whitening.
Oral B Kids Electric Toothbrush Reviews
Oral B has a good range of rechargeable electric toothbrushes for kids. They have electric toothbrushes for 3 to 6, 6 to 12 and 13 to 18-year-old children.
- Oral-B Power Stages for 3 to 6-year-old children is characterized by bold colours, entertaining features and apps to make the kids brush long for at least 2 minutes recommended time
- The Oral-B Junior for 6 to 12 includes bold colours but lack other entertaining features like stickers and Disney characters while the
- The Oral-B Teen for 13 to 18 year old is less the same as the adult version but more though on the brush head. It includes 2 brush heads, one for cleaning braces and another one with soft bristles for normal use
Now you understand the difference between the 5 Oral B models, let us now move to the pros and cons of these rechargeable toothbrushes by Oral B.
Pros and Cons of Oral B Electric Toothbrushes
Like anything else in the market today, Oral B electric toothbrushes also have their advantages and disadvantages. In most case, the pros of Oral B outweigh the cons.
Let’s take a look:
Oral B Pros
- Better at a tooth to tooth cleaning: Oral B has small, a round brush made that designed to offer perfect individual tooth cleaning. You clean one tooth after the other by concentrating a few seconds on each.
- Plaque Remove: Using 3D cleaning action, Oral Brushes are capable of removing up to 100% plaque than the manual toothbrushes. This help prevents the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Affordable: Most of the Oral B rechargeable electric toothbrushes are affordable to many. You can get the basic model for as cheap as 20 pound and the premium ones for under 150 pounds. And what is the best part than buying it during Amazon Prime Day Oral B deals, Black Friday or Even Christmas or grab it on ongoing electric toothbrush deals which can grant you up to 70% off the price.
- Advanced tracking tools and timers that alert you when you brush too hard, when to start cleaning another mouth area and if you are doing it properly.
Cons of Oral B Toothbrushes
Poor battery life
When compared to other brands like Philips Sonicare, Oral B toothbrushes performs poorly when comes to the battery life. In most cases, their battery once fully can last from 5 to 16 days compared to 14 to 21 days of Philips Sonicare. This is because over time Oral B has been using ‘Nickel Hydride battery’ that performs poorly but from 2017 they started upgrading their toothbrushes to using ‘Lithium-Ion battery’ that proved to last long.
Therefore, when buying the oral B rechargeable toothbrush be careful to know what kind of battery your brush comes with so you do not end up cursing over time.
See how Oral B compares with other Best Electric Toothbrush UK.
Who Should Buy An Oral B Electric Toothbrush?
Anyone can use the Oral B toothbrush ranging from adults to kids. Oral B is one of the best and most recommended brand by dentists throughout the UK .
The brand has specialized electric toothbrushes for both kids and adults. It has brushes for 3 to 6, 6 to 12, for 13 to 18-year teens, and for adults with specialized brush heads and cleaning modes for people with sensitive teeth and gums, and for people with braces.
Their toothbrushes are affordable to many and that is why most people love Oral B.
What Makes Oral B Different From Other Electric Toothbrushes?
The main thing that differentiates Braun Oral B electric toothbrushes from other brands is in their
While other brands use sonic, the Oral B use rotary movement (vibrating, rotating and pulsating). Its technology is regarded as the most advanced technology in removing more plaque and gingivitis than other brushes.
Apart from that, the Oral B is the first toothbrush to be accepted by the American Dental Association, ADA
Shape and size of the their brush head
Whereas other brands offer brush heads that less like manual brush heads in size and shape; the Oral B on the other hands offers small, round-shaped brush heads that offers effective tooth to tooth brushing. You clean one tooth per time and not multiple as it happens when using Sonic toothbrushes
Where Are Oral B Electric Toothbrushes Made?
Oral B electric toothbrushes are made in Germany.
How Can I Recycle My Oral-B Electric Toothbrush?
You can recycle your Oral B electric toothbrush by simply sending to the Oral-B's service partners using the postal address below:
Olympic Shaver Centre,
FAO The Recycling Team
Units 19-20 Calverton Business Park,
Hoyle Rd, Calverton,
How to Register For the Oral-B Extended One More Year Warranty?
When you buy the Oral electric toothbrush from Amazon or other trusted sellers, you will get 2 years warranty automatically. Moreover, you can extend this warranty for one more year, free of charge by simply filling registering it on the Oral B website.
Alternatively, if you buy a Bluetooth enabled toothbrush, you can download the Oral B app on your Smartphone or tablet via Google play store or iTunes, install it.
After installation, sign up for Oral-B Me, you don’t need to fill any form as your brush handle will be automatically recognized by the app and grant you a three-year warranty.
If you struggle in anyhow, contact the Oral B customer service, they will be happy to help you.
Can You Replace Battery in Oral B Electric Toothbrush
Unfortunately, you cannot replace the Oral B electric Toothbrush battery once stopped working or got damaged. This is because the battery is contained within the electronic of the brush handle and sealed tightly.
The only thing you can do when the battery got damaged or stop working is to check if your warranty has not expired yet and hence contact the Oral B customer service.
By providing quality electric toothbrushes and modern brushing experience, Oral B is the number one electric toothbrush brand that is recommended by dentists all over the world.
Braun Oral B
Run by Braun and owned by the Procter and Gamble is the Oral B brand targeting at producing electric toothbrushes that are gently on teeth, reducing the risk of developing tooth decay and gum recession.
Braun Oral B has quality models for both adults and kids that are differentiated by key features and price range.
They have Oral-B:
- Genius series 8000, 9000, 10,000
- Smartseries 4000, 5000, 6500, 7000
- Pro series 600, 2 2000, 3 3000
- Vitality and Vitality plus
- Oral B Stages Kids electric toothbrush for 3 to 12 years old and
- Oral B teens electric toothbrush for teenagers
Owned by Philips is the Sonicare electric toothbrush brand aimed at producing toothbrushes that produce motion. You guide the brush and let it do its work.
Like Braun Oral B, Philips Sonicare also has models dedicated for both adults and kids differentiated by features and various price.
They have Sonicare:
- Diamondclean: Old generation and the New Smart Series (Check the Philips Sonicare 9300 vs 9500 vs 9700 Diamondclean Smart)
- Healthy white
- Series 2 and 3
- Plaque control
- Gum health
- Protectiveclean (Check the Philips Sonicare 4300 vs 5100 vs 6100 Protectiveclean)
- Easyclean and
- Brushing Technology
- Cleaning Modes
- Pressure Sensor
- Brush heads
- Fun Apps for Brushing
Oral B and Sonicare use different brushing technologies. While, Oral B uses rotary technology (oscillating, rotating and pulsating motion), the Philips Sonicare on the other hand uses sonic technology.
The Sonic technology by Philips Sonicare uses vibration and side to side cleaning action to remove dental plaque by scrubbing and sweeping away plaque just like the manual toothbrush. The only difference when compared to the manual toothbrush is that with Sonicare your job is to direct the brush to do its job. Not using your personal energy to scrub or brush your teeth. The shape and size of the brush head is more less the same as that of the manual toothbrush.
When the brush is vibrating, it stimulates fluids production that helps loses tooth plaque in hard to reach areas.
The rotary technology by the Oral B, on the other hand, uses either 2D (oscillating, rotating) or 3D cleaning action (oscillating, rotating and pulsating motion).
The Oral B electric toothbrush comes with a small, round brush heads that offer tooth to tooth cleaning effect. The brush moves left, right, up and down remove up to 100% plaque than the manual toothbrush.
When comes to cleaning modes (the methods in which your teeth and gums get cleaned); Oral-B offers more modes than Philips Sonicare even to the cheaper version.
With the Oral B you can get from one to four cleaning modes on cheaper models, and 5 to 6 modes on premium version (daily clean, gum care, whitening, sensitive, tongue cleaner, and deep clean). However, when comes to the Sonicare, you can find from 1 to 2 modes on most Philips Sonicare toothbrushes and five modes on premium models like the Sonicare Diamondclean.
Both mid to high end Sonicare and Oral B electric toothbrushes include a pressure sensor that alerts you when you brush your teeth too hard. This is to remind you not to apply any pressure while brushing your teeth, just guide the brush to do its work. Brushing your teeth too hard leads to tooth cavities and gum recession.
Recently, Sonicare also has incorporated this important feature in its new range Sonicare Diamondclean Smart and Philips Sonicare Protectiveclean toothbrushes
Another thing that also differentiates between Oral B and Philips Sonicare is the shape and size of their toothbrush heads.
- The Oral B brush heads
aresmall and round with soft bristles. The brushes include indicative blue bristles that fade away withtime to pale blue to remind you to buy/change brush head. Basically, you are advised to change a brush head after every three months of use.
- The Philips Sonicare brush heads, on the other hand, are like manual toothbrush heads in shape and size.
Fun App for Brushing
Fun apps for brushing are included in Both Oral B and Sonicare kids toothbrushes for children. Oral B has what they call ‘Magic timer app’, and Philips has ‘Sonicare for kids app’. The aim of these apps is to make kids
The apps offer tutorials on how to brush teeth and gums properly without scrubbing or applying too much pressure. The apps also track the brushing habit (how long and often they brush their teeth) and add it on
You basically download the app from Google store, install it on your Smartphone or tablet and connect with the toothbrush. This is where the difference occurs.
- You connect the Oral B magic timer app through your phone by scanning the toothbrush or the packaging that comes with it using Smartphone camera. While,
- You connect Sonicare for kids app via Bluetooth.
- With Bluetooth connectivity you get real time experience, brushing progress is being tracked how it occurs in real time. While with the Oral B, the moment you put the app on, it starts recording, sometimes a kid has not even started brushing their teeth or even switching the brush on.
Which Offers the Best Electric Toothbrush, Oral B or Sonicare?
We have analyzed the key difference that differentiate between the Oral B and Philips Sonicare toothbrushes to give you a clear idea on how these two brands differ from each other.
Now which one is the best electric toothbrush UK 2020 is
- Battery life: On
fullcharge, Sonicare battery last up to three weeks with the Oral B batteries goes up to 2 weeks time maximum. Making the Sonicare best option for travelers.
- Price: In terms of price, Oral B toothbrushes offer good value for money, they are quite cheap compared to the Sonicare brushes.
- Automatic power
off:Philips Sonicare toothbrushes stop automatically when the brushing cycle is complete, be it after 2 minutes or 3 depends on the cleaning mode selected, while the Oral B toothbrushes most of them continue brushing until you switch it off manually.
- Noise: Sonicare brushes are much quieter despite the fact that they produce strong vibrations than the Oral-B’s. Oral B brushes are a bit louder.
- UV Sanitizer: Some of the Sonicare models include a UV Sanitizer for sanitizing the brush head. Oral-B toothbrushes lack this feature even the premium ones.
- Charge from a USB port on your computer: With the premium Sonicare models like the Diamondclean, you have the ability to recharge your brush via a USB port on your computer. This is not possible with any of the Oral-B’s models.
- Warranty: While Philips Sonicare offers 2 years warranty,
the OralB, on the other hand, offers up to 3 years warranty. You just only need to remember to register your brush on the Oral B website immediately after buying it. The warranty covers a replacement for a broken toothbrush or the one that has stopped working
- Replacement heads: To replace the Oral B brush heads is much cheaper than replacing Sonicare brush heads. And, It is
dentist recommendationthat you have to replace your brush head after every three months to avoid the risk of getting teeth decay.
- Charging: Sonicare brushes offer more global support of 110 to 240 volts, while Oral B supports 220 to 240 which make it hard to travel with across the world. In either case, you still need a 2 to 3 pin adaptor to connect it to a power socket.
- Waterproof: All models from these 2 brands are waterproof meaning you can use your brush in
shower, and you can rinse it after using it. However, each brand advice against submerging your toothbrush on water
- Refund: If you are not happy with your toothbrush, you can get your money back within 30 days by Philips and 60 days by Oral-B. Just ask for a refund within this given time frame by each brand.
Which one appeals to you, Oral B or Sonicare? Follow your heart desire based on your budget, needs and wants.
Things to Consider When Using an Oral B or Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush!
Clean Both Your Teeth, Gums and Tongue:
When brushing our teeth, we often times find ourselves concentrating in cleaning the teeth and forget about the gums and our tongues. Bacteria don’t reside on teeth only; they also hide in gums and tongues causing gum disease (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gum-disease/) and bad breath (https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/bad-breath#1).
When brushing your teeth remember to also clean the gums and your tongue. This makes an important point as to whether you should consider investing in toothbrushes that offers gum and tongue cleaning mode or not. If because of the budget you failed to invest in these key modes, remember you can always buy a tongue cleaner sold separately by other brands at later times when budget allows.
Also you advised to hold your brush at 45 degree. This will help not only to clean the teeth properly but also to clean the gum line.
Brushing Is Not an Alternative to Flossing:
No doubt electric toothbrushes do a good job in removing plaque even in hard to reach areas than manual toothbrush. However, food particles sometimes get stuck in a way that a brush only cannot remove them. You need to invest in flossing sticks or a water flosser to help gets rid of all unwanted food particles stacked on your teeth.
Keep Your Brush Clean and Dry:
You will hear or read stories about electric toothbrushes and their handles getting mold. This happens often if you do not clean and keep your brush and its handle dry.
Brushes by Philips and Braun Oral B are all water proof. Make a habit of rinsing your brush and its handle on water immediately after finishing brushing your teeth but don’t submerge it on water.
After rinsing, wipe or dry the handle and brush with a clean towel or tissue.
Take Care of the Battery:
It is true that you can leave your brush to charge overnight and sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for a battery to be full charged.
Most battery will flash red when needs recharging, then green when charging and no flash when the battery is full. Make sure the battery is full charged if possible and use it until the charge run out.
Most of the brush stays with the charger between 5 and 16 days for Oral B and up to 21 days for Philips Sonicare. Read the product instructions manual to see what you are getting.
Do not fall into the habit of topping up the battery here and then. Charging the battery on daily basis or often is not a good idea. This will wear your battery very quickly and bad enough there is no replacement for worn out batteries.
Brushing Modes and Variant Brush Heads Are There For a Reason:
Whether you want to remove plaque, clean sensitive teeth, gums or tongue or just whiten your teeth, there is a cleaning mode for each and brush head to go with.
For instance to achieve best teeth whitening results; you are advised to use a whitening mode and 3D white brush head.
What this mean is that you need to assess your needs before deciding which toothbrush to go for. Do not decide basing on budget only as you get what you pay for. And you are going to stay with that brush for 3 to 5 years.
If budget is an issue, remember there is always good deals going on daily basis and especially on Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Christmas (Check these best Oral B lectric toothbrush deals UK 2020 .