Best Electric Toothbrush For Receding Gums UK 2022? These receding gums electric toothbrushes are the most recommended ones for stopping receding gums from deteriorating further. They can reverse bleeding, inflamed, swollen gums in just two weeks.
Best Selling Electric Toothbrush For Receding Gums:
Last update on 2022-09-24 at 14:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
However, if you have developed deep pockets, make up your mind to see your dentist for treatment. The condition can be reversed if you see the dentist for deep cleaning (root scaling and planing) and or gum graft surgery.
Apart from that the electric toothbrushes below will help you not only to stop receding gums from getting worse but also to maintain healthy gums after gum treatment. They have a good number of things in common:
- Pressure sensors to stop you from brushing your teeth and gums too hard as brushing aggressively is one of the main causes of gum recession.
- 2 minute timer to help you brush at recommended 2 minutes time
- Ability to remove more plaque than manual toothbrushes
- Gum massage and sensitive mode for gently brushing and stimulating gums to remove more plaque.
Table of Contents
1. Best Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums and Sensitive Teeth
Last update on 2022-09-24 at 21:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Philips Sonicare 7900 is a version of the ExpertClean that will come with two additional brush heads in the package and also another cleaning setting over the brush handle.
The ExpertClean Series 7900, likewise referred to as Series 7900 Advanced Whitening can be purchased in two colour options. It’s four cleaning modes (fresh, deep clean, grey and gum health).
The Sonicare HX6932/10 could be the top dentistry expert suggested sonic toothbrush brand in the environment which is able to enhance your dental health of yours in only two weeks*. The brush is Sync enabled meaning which it is able to auto-detect the kind of brush head that’s connected and alert you when it’s time to change it. You are able to choose from four modes (clean, gum health, white+, rich clean+) as well as three intensities for any personalised brushing experience. The charging travelling case is provided.
The Sonicare Toothbrush provides you with the choice to choose between three different intensity levels: high, medium, and low. According to the brush head, you attach, the intensity is selected automatically. In case you want to switch to another intensity, you are able to do this by pressing the mode/intensity button while brushing.
2. Oral B IO Series 6
Last update on 2022-09-24 at 14:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Oral B io6 comes fitted with five cleaning modes and a white and black display, just like the Series seven. It also has sensors and bluetooth connectivity for real-time tracking when you are brushing your teeth. Check Oral B IO Series 6 vs 7 vs 8 vs 9 Reviews.
The io series 6 retains the iO design in which only compatible iO particular brush heads work with the six Series. The two types of brush heads compatible with the Series six are actually the Ultimate Clean as well as Gentle Care heads.
The Series six is actually offered with two various coloured brush handles (Lava black and Opal grey).
The contents of the box are as follows:
- One x Oral B iO Series six brush handle
- Two x Ultimate Clean brush head
- One x Charging stand
You also get one travelling case (a tough plastic case) which is going to hold the brush handle and up to two brush heads. Unlike the Oral B io 9 Series the io6 travelling case does not have a USB charging port and therefore you cannot recharge the brush via the travelling case.
As stated earlier, the Oral B io6 is the cheapest of the io ranges partly due to the lack of auxiliary features like no magnetic charging or USB charging with the travelling case.
3. Best Oral B Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums
Last update on 2022-09-24 at 17:14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIOral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush also known as the Oral B Genius 10000 employs the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI), the new buzz in technology. Following a string of experiments, the toothbrush is fitted with AI software that tracks how you brush your teeth. It will remind you where you have missed. Research shows that the main cause of tooth decays and most oral complications.
It also has gum guard technology which when combined with the Oral B app gives you feedback to enhance the oral health of your teeth and gums. This feedback is invaluable because it highlights areas you miss and where you need to focus on in your brushing.
- Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush was released on September 2019 and is primed to cost around $ 279 in the USA or £ 220 in the UK. However, you can get it on Amazon because they hit the shelves a few days before Prime Day.
- The X is Oral-B’s attempt to stay ahead of its competitors in regard to new features in their toothbrushes. They are the first to have pressure sensors on their models, a feature that is now also present in their main competitors, Sonicare.
- Bluetooth connectivity was also first mooted by Oral B to help users to brush better, then this was complemented with position detection. Position detection is the main feature that defines Genius models. Both Genius 8000, 9000, 9600 have position detection functionality. In this feature, ou mount your mobile phone on the wall then use the phone camera in conjunction with Bluetooth and the App as an intrinsic mirror to show you how well you are brushing.
- All this is well and good but the idea of mounting your phone and using its camera is quite honestly cumbersome and in most cases not practical. Most of us brush teeth as a quick morning routine and in most cases under pressure of time to get ready as quickly as you can to start your day. In such situations, there is no time to mount your phone on the wall. There is also the inconvenience of handling your phone with water which may damage your phone.
- This is the feedback the manufacturer factored in designing the X that has AI. With X, there is no need to use your phone camera or mount your phone on the wall but an algorithm is used to determine which areas you have missed.
The Genius X has four variants: The difference markers are mainly colour variations, accessories included in the box and the handles.
4. Best Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums
Last update on 2022-09-24 at 12:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APITo stop receding gums from receding further, you need an electric toothbrush that can take care of plaque before turning up into tartar. And as you already know bacteria do not only develop on teeth but also on gums and on your tongue. This is where the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean 9000 Sonic electric toothbrush comes handy. It offers a complete oral care. It includes modes not only for cleaning teeth but also gums and your tongue.
- Sonicare DiamondClean employs the Phillips brand’s patented sonic vibration technology that uses 31,000 brush strokes-per-minute to break down and clean plaque from the teeth.
- The bristles on the brush head are shaped like diamonds, hence the name. The bristles effectively combat plaque to clean the teeth, remove stains and whiten them.
- It has 4 brushing modes. These include; white, clean, deep clean and gum care.
- Its body is smooth and curved, with one physical button that is both the power button and the mode-switching button. It has 5 indicator lights to indicate the current brushing mode.
- It comes with two replacement brush heads of the same model, with heads that are similar to those of manual toothbrushes. This helps users who are transitioning from a manual toothbrush to an electric one adapt better and faster.
- It also comes with a Phillips Quadpacer timer that will prompt you to move onto brushing the next quadrant of your mouth every 30 seconds.
- On a full battery, it can last for about 14 days in between charges, even with frequent use.
- The DiamondClean Smart comes with a charging glass that can double up as a rinsing glass and a USB charger.
- Check Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750 vs 9700 vs 9500 vs 9300 vs Prestige 9900.
5. Waterpik Complete Care 9.0 Sonic Electric Toothbrush + Water Flosser
Last update on 2022-09-24 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush combine the power of flossing and brushing with an electric toothbrush into one. The Waterpik toothbrush uses pulsations that easily break down plaque and hidden tartar from your teeth and gums.
Flossing removes plaque and food residue from hard to reach zones of your dental structure. The plaque is washed down through focused water pressure directed at your gumline in a flossing action. The pressurized water flowing through a tip massages the gums and removes hidden plaque that could be building up along your gumline.
- Flossing when done well reverse gingivitis in two weeks of continuous use
- It gives you dual cleaning by flossing and brushing with a power brush
- It removes plaque in hidden areas of your mouth where a brush may not reach
- The Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush is quite easy and straightforward to use.
- It comes with an orthodontic.
It is quite bulky when compared to most standard electric toothbrushes.
6. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Last update on 2022-09-24 at 14:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIPhilips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is one of the best toothbrushes for receding gums. Like others, it has a built-in pressure sensor for alerting you when your brush hard and 2 minute timer to help you brush at the recommended two minutes time.
Additionally, this 5100 gum health electric toothbrush includes a gum care cleaning mode which is quite handy for brushing sensitive gums and a whitening mode for cleaning teeth surface stains. When you choose this mode, you will be made to clean your gums for one more minute but at reduced speed to make the brushing less painful.
The 5100 will let you know when to change the brush head using its inbuilt-in Sonicare BrushSync technology. As you continue using the brush head, it accumulates bacteria with time, therefore it is recommended to change it on time (after 3 to 4 month of continuous use). The 5100 will you know when to change the head through a beep sound and a light on the handle.
Check Sonicare 5100 vs 6100.
Other add-ons that come with Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush include a nice travel case, a two week long lasting battery when fully charged and a fact that you can use it even with braces.
Is An Electric Toothbrush Better For Receding Gums?
When compared to manual toothbrushes, the electric toothbrushes are much better when dealing receding gums. This is because they have advanced features that are quite good when comes to keeping your gums healthy. These features include:
- Ability to remove more plaque than manual toothbrushes (https://www.cochrane.org/CD002281/ORAL_poweredelectric-toothbrushes-compared-to-manual-toothbrushes-for-maintaining-oral-health)
- Bluetooth capability to track and help improve your brushing habit
- Pressure sensor to stop you from brushing your teeth too hard. Your job is to guide the brush and let it do its work
- Advanced technology that enable brush heads to vibrate for help cleaning between teeth and along the gum line in additional to tooth to tooth cleaning capability
- 2 minutes timer to help you brush at the recommended dentist 2 minutes cleaning time
- Gum massage mode for gently brushing and stimulating blood and saliva flow to the affected area helping it for fight bacteria and to heal quickly
- Different brush heads to cater for different uses, for instance heads for sensitive teeth (soft bristles brush heads), and for teeth whitening
Can electric toothbrush irritate gums?
This depends on how you use it:
- You are advised against scrubbing or brushing your teeth and gums so hard as doing so will irritate them. You just need to guide the brush to do it work, no manual brushing effort is needed when using an electric toothbrush
- You need to change the brush heads after every three to four months use time. You can even change it earlier if the bristles are frayed or broken as using frayed brush head can irritate gums and make them more painful
Getting one of the best toothbrushes for receding gums discussed above is one of the best ways to getting rid of early gum disease and prevents receding gums from worsening. However, for complete oral care, you also need to floss and mouth rinse daily to get rid of buildup plaque.
Which is your best electric toothbrush for receding gums so far?
- Best Toothpaste For Receding Gums (Gingivitis) – Gum disease has become quite prevalent among us nowadays mainly due to inadequate dental hygiene. To reverse this trend good oral care of your teeth and gums is required by making use of the best toothpaste for receding gums. Such toothpaste is specially made to tackle gum disease along with other dental problems. Gingivitis is
- Best Mouthwash for Receding Gums Gingivitis -Based on the American Dental Association, gum disease affects almost half the population of the US. It is a worrying problem? but you will find things you are able to do to stop and treat it. Purchasing the best mouthwash for receding gums is actually one but just one way of controlling it. We have …
- Receding Gums: Symptoms and Causes – Receding Gums Receding gums is a condition that makes the edge of tissue/gums surrounding your teeth to wear off and exposing the tooth’s root. This makes the root of the tooth to be exposed and can cause all sorts of dental medical conditions raging from tooth sensitivity, pain and even loss of teeth if not …
- Gum Graft Surgery – Best Treatment for Receding Gums -A gum graft is one of the simple and quickest ways of fixing damaged gum, due to gum recession. It is one of the most recommended best treatments for receding gums out there. As gums recede, they expose the teeth and its roots underneath causing damage to the supporting bone, teeth sensitivity to cold and …
- How to Stop Receding Gums From Getting Worse? The receding gum is sign of gum disease. It occurs when a gap or pockets develop between the teeth and the gum line exposing the root of the tooth to infection, decay and loss. It is a common dental problem, it can occur to both children and adults of all ages. The problem of gum …
- Coconut Oil for Receding Gums – Coconut oil for receding gums is of the debatable topic in the oral care industry. The main arising questions tend to be ‘can coconut oil stop receding gums from receding further, can it fix the damaged part by helping gums grow back? Can it cure the periodontal disease, the main cause of receding gums? The …
- How to Detect oncoming receding gum disease – Have you ever found photos of late stage periodontal disease? If you’ve, you might connect the condition with old and dying gums, lost tooth, and also harm to the jaw bone. Periodontal disease is scary in case it is allowed to advance. But it probably the earliest phases of the illness, you are able to.