Join us as we review our top 10 best electric toothbrush 2018. When it comes to top rated electric toothbrushes for 2018 the race is really a contest between Oral B vs Sonicare. Almost every electric toothbrush reviews say that.
However, there are a number of best rated brands that use sonic and rotary brushing technique to deliver great results. A top quality electric toothbrush should have soft but yet sturdy bristles, be versatile enough to remove plaque in hidden areas and enhance the health of your gums.
For adults here is the bottom line.
Much about choosing the best rechargeable, automatic electric toothbrush trickles down to your individual needs. Do you have braces, sensitive teeth or receding gums? are you keen to whiten your teeth? or you just want to stop plaque from building up? After extensive research, we have assembled top 10 electric toothbrushes across all budget range (detailed reviews below).
Best Electric Toothbrush 2018
1. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Series 9700
The Philips Sonicare 9700 also called, Lunar Blue – HX9957/51 has three intensities (high, mid, low) you can vary the intensity of the brush strokes depending on your needs. The three intensity settings allow you to boost the brushing intensity as and when required.
- It provides personalized coaching and progress data on how well you are cleaning your teeth.
- It has a smart sensor brush head (a microchip fitted in the brush head) that recognizes the brush head you are using and syncs the cleaning mode compatible with that brush head for best results. For instance, if you have the adaptive brush head, it will sync your brush to deep clean. If you have the Intercare brush head, you will be synced with the sensitive mode and so forth.
- The Brush heads automatically align with the best cleaning mode and intensity for optimal results.
- It provides real-time tracking of your brushing.
- It guides you to be more effective and gentle with your brushing
- It has a pressure sensor and a scrubbing sensor that gently reminds you to reduce scrubbing if you are brushing so hard. A ring of light at the bottom of the handle flashes to alert you that you are brushing too hard.
- The app provides a 3D map of the mouth that identifies your trouble areas and reminds you to pay more attention to them.
- The app tracker reminds you when to replace the brush heads
- It has a tongue cleaner that removes odors from your mouth.
- Like all DiamondClean brushes, it has 5 cleaning modes that cover all your brushing needs (clean, whitening, sensitive, deep clean and gum care).
- Removes ten times more plaque than a manual brush
- It provides you up to seven times healthier gums in only two weeks
- It is clinically proven to reduce up to 100% reduced inflammation on gums.
- It removes 100% more stains in a span of three days thanks to densely packed centre bristles.
- The App has a “Touch-up” functionality that takes you back to areas you might not have brushed well to ensure that every brushing session is 100% effective.
- Like the normal DiamondClean, you get a sleek wireless charging glass charger and the deluxe USB travel case that also doubles up as a charger.
- It has Bluetooth 4.0 enabled tablets and is compatible with IOS; Ipad third generation and higher; iPhone 4S or higher and IOS7+(higher). It has slim custom ergonomic handles just like other DiamondClean brushes that have no app functionality.
What’s in the Box of the Philips Sonicare 9700
- One DiamondClean Smart Handle
- Three Plaque Control brush heads (Premium)
- Two top quality Gum Care brush heads
- 2 high-end White brush heads
- one tongue cleaner
- One Glass charger and Travel case with USB
- Smart Brush Head Recognition
The manufactures of the DiamondClean, have not only introduced the Sonicare 9700 lunar blue, they have also improved the efficiency and functionally of their high priced toothbrush, the DiamondClean. They have introduced a new brush head called the Adaptive Clean. The Smart series is mainly marketed for adults, in case you want to buy your young ones a decent toothbrush then see our list.
2. Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity
The Oral B Genius 8000 is the newest toothbrush to come out from trusted brush manufacturer Oral B. This toothbrush is one of the best electric toothbrushes on the market. It’s called Genius because it is pairing with an interactive smartphone app just like the new Smart Series Diamond-clean.
The app allows it to smartly tell you how to brush along with a number of other features that will likely make it very attractive to consumers and brush fanatics alike! It has relatively more features than comparable Philips Sonicare models.
This brush is a smart model that comes in all-black and white with a great design and the features to back it up. A premium electric toothbrush, the Oral B genius 8000 delivers 3D cleaning action through its rotating, oscillating, and pulsating movements. It can be used with restorative devices like braces.
With pressure sensors and six different modes, including one for whitening your teeth, it’s easy to see the appeal of this sleek new brush from Oral-B.
While it is in the higher price range, this premium brush is well worth the purchase. It is a solid all-around brush and even connects to an app.
Use SmartRing technology to coach you on how to brush the right way as recommended by dentists!
The SmartRing changes colors depending on how you’re brushing so you can actually be alerted that you are brushing too hard with a red light, which is really cool.
The Genius tracks your brushing sessions and will tell you how long you brushed as well as how much time you spent where you applied too much pressure. It will also tell you how often you rinsed, cleaned your tongue, and flossed.
View your data in your choice of daily, weekly, or even monthly, or just as long as you have used it! You can also get badges for getting streaks in good habits. The guided routines will help you create good brushing patterns and you can select the mode that you want, such as Fresh Breath or teeth whitening.
Keep track of your appointments with ‘My Dental Office’ and get reminders of your appointments and use the timer to brush for two minutes. You can customize all settings, including colors.
Use Position Detection to find out how you are brushing and how long with the app’s facial recognition! The app will coordinate using the front camera on your phone and you can prop up your phone using the included smartphone holder—which suctions onto the surface!
It also lasts about twelve days fully charged, which is less than Phillips brushes but still decent.
Takes twelve hours to charge to full extent, not that bad—you can plug it in and have it recharged by the time it’s morning.
Oral B 8000 Accessories
The box includes the
- Oral-B 8000, a Sensitive Brush Head,
- a CrossAction Brush Head, a 3D White Brush Head,
- a travel case,
- a smartphone holder, and
- a charging base that has four slots for storing brush heads.
Key Benefits of the Oral B 8000
- 6 modes allow you to choose the setting to fit what you need
- You can charge your smartphone and toothbrush at the same time with the Smart Travel Case
- Pressure sensor technology will protect gums from over-brushing
- SmartRing coaches you on how to brush to brush as is recommended by dentists
- Pairs with smartphone and uses facial recognition with its Position Detection feature to help you know where you have already brushed
- Comes with three different brush heads
- 16 degree angled brushing
- Bluetooth technology and app Product Description
- Buttons can be difficult to press
- More expensive than your average electric toothbrush
- Brush heads might not be as fancy as rest of brush
Oral B Genius 8000 Cleaning Modes
The 8000 comes with a great six cleaning modes that include:
- Gum Care,
- Daily Clean,
- Pro-Clean Mode, and
- Tongue Cleaning,
All these modes give you the flexibility to choose which mode works best for you.
The design of this brush is also a little funky. It’s a flashy design that is very cool and futuristic, with flashy buttons and symbols.
Design, Looks, and Feel of Oral B 8000
The SmartRing plays into this futuristic design. Easy to hold and use, this toothbrush is functional and even fun to brush with thanks to a comfortable rubber hold.It comes only in black, but the color is likely to appeal to anyone as it is quite popular and looks cool. It’s also made of tough plastic that will prevent mold and bacteria from accumulating due to a poor design.
Your phone screen will light up the same color as the brush if you are using both at the same time.
The smart case also looks very cool and serves the function of charging your phone and your brush at the same time if that’s what you want!
It comes in black and is a simple plastic box that does its job of transporting and carrying the charge and brush heads.
It’s also 110 to 240 volt-supportive, so you can take it anywhere in the world and use it.
Should You Buy the Oral B Genius 8000 Electric Toothbrush?
At the end of the day, the Oral B genius 8000 electric toothbrush can deliver a great clean and enough features and options for customization, and who doesn’t love that?Some brushes are all show and no go, but this premium brush lives up to the hype. If you’re a tech person that loves linking your phone to random high-tech things, you will love this! Great for people who want better brushing habits or just a lot of options for a great and high-quality clean.
Check it out for yourself and see what you think!
- Six different modes of cleaning
- Lasts about twelve days when fully charged
- Will help maintain gum health
- Has a long battery life
- Smart monitoring app uses Bluetooth and facial recognition for your best brush with Position Detection
- Comes with a 16-degree angle of brushing for better plaque removal
Three different brush heads included– try all the brush heads and use the best one for you
Smart Travel Case charges toothbrush and phone simultaneously X Bristles surround tooth for effective clean everywhere.
Position Detection lets you know when you have brushed the same spot too long.
3. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
The Philips Sonicare flexcare platinum connected features 3 cleaning modes: the daily clean, the deep clean and whitening modes. However, It lacks the polish, gum care and the sensitive modes when compared to the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean.
The FlexCare Platinum comes with a travel charger in addition to the Travel case . It also comes with the UV Sanitizer helps keep bacteria far from your brush-head.
Additionally, a lot of clients who have reviewed this Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum with uv sanitizer have positively praised it saying that their dental health has greatly improved, they have gotten rid of more plaque from their teeth and more so their teeth have whitened.
And here is what makes this Philips sonicare electric toothbrush great: The Philips Sonicare flexcare platinum connected features nine brushing options that allow you to choose from white, gum care or clean cleaning modes or even high, medium or low-intensity modes that ensure a comfortable brushing experience.
- The HX9110/02 delivers 31000 brush strokes in one minute by using the Sonicare’s patented technology that also drives fluids deep along the gum line and also the tight spaces that are between your teeth.
- It has a recharge indicator that reminds you when the toothbrush needs to be charged.-Since you may not need to recharge it for three weeks, you may not need its charger for a while. However, it comes with a travel case, a hygienic travel cap, a multi-voltage charger for convenience.
- it features a quad pacer, a timing feature, that tells you when the time comes to move to another quadrant of your mouth.
- it also has a smart timer, its automated inbuilt timer that helps you to reach that dentist-recommended time of two minutes as you brush your teeth.
- it features a pressure sensor alert that warns you when you are brushing too hard.
- It features long bristles that reach in between your teeth and a head that removes up to 7 times more plaque between the teeth than most manual toothbrushes.
- Its reminder bristles usually fade from blue to white to remind you that it is time to change the brush heads.
After you charge it for 24 hours, the HX9110/02 will allow you a 3-week continuous use, after two minutes of brushing, twice in a day.
Disadvantages of the flexcare platinum:
A few customers who have bought the Philips Sonicare flexcare platinum toothbrush have complained that:-The hx9112/02 is relatively expensive and it has a bit low battery life of 13 months.
4. Philips Sonicare Healthywhite Plus Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
While researching best electric toothbrush, you might have come across the Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite Plus Electric Toothbrush.
There are 5 of them with more less the same features but differ in terms of packages and hence prices. There are some that with UV sanitizer, some with 2 packs, bonus pack and more.
The difference also between these 5 healthy white toothbrush lies in the type of toothbrush head you get: You can either get ProResults Brush, Hydroclean brush head or just a standard toothbrush head.
Philips Sonicare Healthy White Plus HX8911 Review
The Philips Sonicare healthy white plus features 2 cleaning modes: the daily clean and whitening modes. However, the HealthyWhite lacks the polish, sensitive and gum care modes when compared to the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean.
The Sonicare HealthyWhite hx8911 also lacks the UV Sanitizer when compared to the Philips Sonicare HX6733/70 HealthyWhite 3 Mode Premium Edition with UV Sanitizer.
Apart from this, the Sonicare Healthy White toothbrush comes with a travel charger and a travel case.
How does the Sonicare Healthy White compare with comparable Oral B models? find out here.
This Philips Sonicare is the most highly recommended best electric toothbrush by US dental professional’s.
The range of capabilities it offers will ensure a healthy and efficient regime for your teeth. It will also give you whitened teeth to improve your confidence.
A lot of people have also praised the brush claiming that it is gentle when it comes to brushing your teeth and that it makes their teeth whiter and healthier.
Most have claimed that once they started using the toothbrush, they have gotten rid of 7 times much plaque than they used to with their manual brushes.
Here is what this Philips Sonicare Healthy White offers:
- The healthy white Sonicare toothbrush is clinically proven, to remove stains left by coffee, red wine or even tea.
- Has a unique dynamic cleaning action that efficiently and gently reaches deep between your teeth and along your gum lines to give you the ultimate brushing experience.
- Features a slim angled neck, an ultra high bristle speed, and contoured fit bristles.
- It comes with an embedded smart timer that will ensure that you brush according to dentists recommendations.
- The Philips Sonicare healthy white toothbrush ProResults brush head has a contoured fit and wider bristle ranges. It also has a unique angled neck that not only gives you a wide tooth coverage.
- All these features will give you a greater power to remove plaques easily in the tough to reach areas of the mouth.
Key Benefits of the Healthy White Plus HX8911
The Philips Sonicare HX8911/04 HealthyWhite rechargeable sonic toothbrush comes with a quadpacer for an all round and effective complete cleaning of your dental.
- It has a reminder bristles feature for complete control.
- It is very easy to hold due to its small neck design.
- This Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush has an easy to open packaging.
- Its brushes can last a very long time; approximately 3 to 6 months.
- Its travel case and charged that wraps quickly make it convenient to move around with
- Its motor gives it strong vibrations that make it brush better
Some of the customers have expressed dissatisfaction with this Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush claiming that: The HX6733/80 HealthyWhite is relatively expensive.
The trademark patented healthy white plus comes with two flexible cleaning modes. These include:
Daily Clean: a cleaning mode that will give you a two-minute standard cleaning which gives you an exceptional mouth cleaning experience every day.
White: The white cleaning mode that gives you 2 minutes of whitening brushing time that allows you to remove stains on the surface and an extra 30 seconds that will allow you to polish your front teeth.
It has three cleaning intensities: Low, medium and high. This caters for sensitive teeth, control the intensity to what you are comfortable with.
5. Electric Toothbrush, Oral-B black 7000 SmartSeries Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity
The Oral B 7000 black electric toothbrush with smartguide is the latest, most advanced top rated, best selling Oral B Electric Toothbrushes .
The 7000 comes in both black and white clinically proven to have superior 3D cleaning that pulsates and sweeps side to side breaking up and removing up to 100% more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
Whitens your teeth in two weeks.
So what is in it for you?
Well, the Oral B Pro 7000 electric toothbrush is obviously an improvement of the Oral B 5000. It features 6 cleaning modes; the daily cleaning mode, gum care mode, sensitive mode, whitening mode, and deep clean mode.
- The 7000 gives you real-time feedback with its smart phone application.
- It comes with a premium charger that uses magnetic charge to close, a plastic holder and adhesive taped foam that you can use to mount the monitor to a surface.
- The Oral b black 7000 electric toothbrush is 100% waterproof.
- It notifies you whenever you brush too hard using its pressure sensor.
- Comes with a timer that goes on every 30 seconds to indicate to you that you should move to the next quadrant in your cleaning regime or you have already brushed for the recommended two minutes brushing.
- Features a pressure sensor that illuminates whenever you brush too hard thus protecting your teeth.
- It also features a constant communication between the brush and your compatible smartphone.
- ThIS best selling Oral b electric toothbrush is powered by NiMH batteries. When fully charged the battery lasts for at least ten days brushing two times a day.
- Comes with a compact travel charger that closes with magnetic charge/tension.
- Comes with a dedicated tongue cleaner
- It is compatible with any Oral B replacement head (Power Tip, Ortho, Deep Sweep, CrossAction, Floss Action, Prowhite, Precision clean, Sensitive and Dual Clean).
The 7000 Brush Head
The ORAL B features a cross action brush head that has bristles angled at 16 degrees such that it surrounds each tooth for a thorough brushing. The brush head has rubber paddles that complement the soft bristles that work gently with the rotary cleaning mechanism that improve the effectiveness of your cleaning. This also ensures that your teeth are cleaned thoroughly because the soft bristles clean the gum area without scraping the tissues around the gums. It is light and not bulky at all. It actually feels nice when holding it.
Oral B 7000 Cleaning Modes
Besides the Bluetooth app, the Oral B 7000 comes with 6 cleaning modes. These are:
- Daily Clean plus Triple Pressure Sensor: this intuitively reduces the speed of the brush to guard against brushing too hard. The daily clean mode enables the toothbrush to pulsate and sweep back and forth allowing you to clean your teeth better.
- Gum Care Mode: massages the gums and gently stimulates your gums for total cleaning.
- Sensitive Mode: for sensitive teeth-will regulate the rotation to cater for sensitivity
- Whitening Mode: whiten your teeth
Wireless SmartGuide: this aids your brushing-will tell which quadrant needs more brushing so that you brush evenly and effectively. Deep Clean Mode: helps you to brush longer. Tongue Cleaner Mode: for cleaning your tongue. Of course, you get trademark 3D motion that rotates, pulsates and oscillates for detailed deep cleaning from tooth to tooth. Its Deep Sweep brush head allows you to sweep side to side so that you can brush as you would have with a regular toothbrush, but of course with the superior benefits of power.
Cons: Unlike the 5000, the timer on the 7000 does not go off after the two minutes.
After you are done brushing, you will have to manually switch it off. It does not auto-off. The battery lasts only 10 days compared to Sonicare’s 21 days. The blue light when charging can be a bit annoying because it is sharp and bright especially at night.
Oral B 7000 Accessories:
- 1 Oral-B SmartSeries Handle
- 1 CrossAction Brush Head
- 1 ProWhite Brush Head
- 1 Sensitive Brush Head
- 1 Premium Charger with Refill Head Storage
- 1 Premium Travel Case
- 1 SmartGuide
Smartphone is not included Instructions: The Oral B Black batteries need to be charged for at least 14-24 hours when the charge is depleted. You are advised to run down the battery at least three times in a year and then recharge it to fully charged. This elongates the lifespan of the battery.
- The Oral B toothbrush supports American 110v only. In case you make international trips, you can always buy a voltage converter that will convert it into 240v that are mostly used internationally. The black electric toothbrush battery is 50-60 hertz
- When charging a blue flickering light will come on. Once the charge is full the flickering light will stop flashing.
- The average battery life of most Braun brushes is between 4-8 years depending on how you maintain your brush. Charging too often is said to reduce the lifespan of the battery.
The smooth rotary mechanism and the soft bristles coupled with the flagship 3D technology ensures that your oral care is complete.Your teeth and gums will be thoroughly cleaned without scraping the gums. This brush will reverse gingivitis and also keep your teeth sparkling white.
The angled bristles enhance tooth to tooth cleaning while the smart guide motivates you to brush better by giving you smiles once you accomplish a milestone.
The best part of the Oral-B toothbrushes is that there is no more guess-work or doubt as to how effective your oral care regime is progressing. You get real-time data on your progress and data tracked back to 20 days.
You will certainly know and notice the improvement on your teeth. This toothbrush has received an average customer star rating of 86% out of over 700 customer reviews. With such high levels of customer satisfaction, it is certainly a contender for the top electric toothbrush in the market today.
The toothbrush has also featured among the top in the Amazon rechargeable toothbrushes.
6. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The best selling Oral B Pro 5000 smartseries electric toothbrush with Bluetooth connectivity is one of the Oral-B’s most technologically advanced electric toothbrushes.
This toothbrush has three action pressure alert system that has sensory signals, visual and auditory indicators to notify you when you are brushing too hard so that you can adjust the way you are brushing. With the Oral B 5000, your teeth will start to whiten, a shed or two in just three weeks.
How does this toothbrush stack up when compared to Sonicare? Oral B 5000 is comparable to Sonicare’s Flexcare plus. However, I think the 5000 has a slight edge because it has a whitening mode that the Flexcare doesn’t have.
The SmartSeries 5000 electric toothbrush features a 3D cleaning action that rotates, oscillates and pulsates to remove and break up 100% more plaque than the manual toothbrushes
- It has Professional Healthy Clean + Floss Action with SmartGuide for ultimate plaque removal. The 5000 electric toothbrush with smartguide features a round head. This is specially designed to do tooth by tooth cleaning.
- This brush has a revamped smart guide that motivates you to brush better by giving you rewards.
- The electric toothbrush pulsates 40,000 times per minute and oscillates 8800 times per minute to dismantle all plaque in your gums.
- It has a LED screen on the handle and a tongue cleaner. All these are secured by a two-year guarantee for peace of mind.
- It removes 99.7% more plaque than a manual toothbrush; it will reverse any development of gingivitis.
The Oral B 5000 Electric Toothbrush with the SmartGuide features Bluetooth technology. This enables the toothbrush to communicate with your smartphone to give you insights on how you are cleaning. This real-time feedback from its app focuses on your most important areas: the four quadrants of your teeth. It features a wireless SmartGuide. The smart guide will tell you where you need to brush more in case you haven’t brushed to the dentist recommendation standard. Oral B 5000 criss-cross bristles are set at an angle of 16 degrees in order to reach deep between the teeth. This makes it possible for the Oral B Braun electric toothbrush to lift and power away more than close to 100% (99.7%) plaque. Giving you a superior clean wash. The angular criss-cross bristles are also able to reach the back of your tooth where manual brushing does not reach.
- It is gentle on your gums and teeth. It also alerts when you are brushing too hard so that you can adjust.
- On average the battery of 5000 Oral-B electric toothbrush lasts between 2-10 years depending on how your use. A number of people who own the oral-b pro 5000 smartseries say that for the battery to last more than 3 years, you only need to charge when the battery has run out.
Cons: Some of the complaints by clients who bought this toothbrush include: The battery does not last long. However as we have already pointed out above, you need to only charge when your charger runs out and then give a long 14-20 hour charge. This should be able to last you for two weeks.
The problem is that many people keep their brush on the charger all the time. This shortens the lifespan. If you only charge when the battery runs out your smartseries should be able to last at least 2weeks. Click to download the 5000 instruction manual:
According to the user manual; you are asked not to leave your oral b electric toothbrush 5000 on the charge at all times; the battery will not last longer than 3 years. However, if you want your brush to last for over 5 year, then only re-charge when it has run down. With good care, you can have this for the long haul. You only need to change brush heads after every three months.
The Oral B Pro 5000 Smartseries Brush Heads
This Oral B Electric Toothbrush, like most other Oral-B brushes, enables you the ability to use a variety of brush head replacements. This toothbrush is compatible with a broad range of heads thus it would not be a problem to identify that which suits you. You can choose any replacement that will fit your oral hygiene needs ranging from: (Prowhite, Power Tip, Dual Clean, CrossAction, Ortho, Floss Action, Precision clean, and Deep Sweep to Sensitive). Whenever you change your toothbrush head (after every three months), you can always choose a new head and try it out.
Oral B 5000 Cleaning Modes:
The pro 5000 comes with five cleaning modes:
- Daily clean,
- Sensitive mode: that operates at lower speeds to gently clean your teeth and gums,
- Whitening mode: that gently polishes the teeth to remove surface stains,
- Deep clean mode: that extends your brushing time to enhance the results.
- Gum care mode: that gently stimulates your gums.
So what makes this toothbrush one of the top electric toothbrushes on the market today? Well, although this toothbrush is meant for home, use it is modeled after the most professional dental cleaning tools. It includes a lot of advanced features and also incorporates advanced technology that lets you communicate with your smartphone.
Here is what you will get in your brand new Oral B 5000:
- 3 brush heads: 1 CrossAction, 1 Sensitive, 1 3D White.
- Charging station with brush head storage
- Wireless SmartGuide
- Rechargeable toothbrush handle,
- Standard Travel Case.
The Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush comes packed with a number of features that will greatly enhance your teeth cleaning regime.
- It has 3d cleaning functionality that cleans tooth to tooth for a complete and total brushing experience.
- It has a two minute timer and it oscillates, rotates and pulsates to total cleaning and plaque removal.
- The application feature syncs up perfectly with the smartphone thus allowing you to monitor your current brushing progress. It is easy to set up the blue-tooth app and get going.
- The 5000 motivates you with other helpful oral hygiene tips, tracks your brushing habits over time and can also detect when you are brushing your teeth too hard.
- It comes with five modes including deep clean, sensitive mode, massage, whitening and daily clean.
- It also gives you entertainment news and weather forecast that are helpful to your oral hygiene to keep you entertained.
- Can detect whenever you brush your teeth too hard with its pressure sensor and alerts you to prevent over brushing.
- It is much lighter than other electric toothbrushes.
- Setting up the 5000 is rather straightforward.
As you can see, this Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth offers a lot and will definitely provide value for money. A number of people who have used are quite happy with their purchase.
7. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare flexcare plus sonic electric rechargeable toothbrush has been clinically demonstrated the ability to improve the health of your gums in just two weeks. This is because it washes along the gum lines stimulating the gums while removing plaque.
We have reviewed over 1200 customer reviews and here is what we came up with.
- Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 Flexcare Plus Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush uses a sonic technology that works by driving fluids to stimulate your gums to fight plaque.
- It can clean with up to 31,000 brush strokes in one minute. These multiple strokes drive fluids into the compact spaces of your teeth and the gum line making your teeth to have less inflammation, cleaner, and healthier.
- It has a UV sanitizer that effortlessly cleans the toothbrush to eliminate all the bacteria in 10 minutes. The UV sanitizer is affixed to the main stand in a way that enables easy cleaning and organization of your toothbrush. The HX6972/10 sanitizers that can eliminate up to 99% of viruses and bacteria away from the brush peak and out of the mouth.
- The FlexCare Plus Li-ion battery can last up to three weeks after a 24-hour charge.
- The HX6972/10 comes with a sturdy travel case, a travel charger, and two travel caps.
- It has a refresh mode that you can use for touch-up cleaning and quick cleaning in between regular teeth brushings.
- It features a sensitive mode that is extra mild for those individuals with sensitive teeth or even new users.-it features an illuminated display that lets you know which mode you are on, when it is turned off, its display becomes invisible too, giving the brush a sleek, clean look.
- ThePhilips Sonicare flexcare rechargeable design gives you up to 3 weeks of power just on one charge.
- The Sonicare toothbrush flexcare has a stylish new look that is quite appealing.
- You get one year guarantee.
Some of the few things customers who have used the Sonicare Flexcare+ have claimed that Philips sonicare flexcare plus has a low battery life of up to 18 months.
5 Cleaning Modes
The Sonicare toothbrush flexcare has five modes of brushing that should cater for your dental needs and style. They range from:
- Clean mode: the Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus HX6972/10 clean mode is the one most commonly used. This ensures that you regularly brush for 2 minutes as recommended by dentists. The Philips Sonicare hx6972/10 clean cleaning mode is ideal for complete full mouth cleaning
- The Philips flexcare plus Gum Care mode: this is mostly recommended for people with gum sensitivity. In addition to the dentist recommended 2 minutes cleaning, you get an extra 1 minute for gentle cleaning along the gumline. The flexcare plus features a gum care mode that is suitable for enhancing the health of your gums. This is the case because it gives you two minutes of complete full mouth cleaning followed by one-minute gentle cleaning the gum and other problem areas. This model promotes the gum health by decreasing recession, inflammation and even bleeding.
- Refresh Mode: This is for those on the go. In case you have no time to complete the dentist recommended 2 minutes cleaning, you can hit the refresh mode and you teeth cleaning will be over in just a minute.
- Sensitive Mode: This is tailored for those with sensitive teeth. You gentle brush strokes with this.
- Massage mode: This gives you gentle round motions that massage your mouth. The Philips Flexcare features a massage mode that improves your gum health by driving fluids into the teeth to stimulate the gums and fight plaque.
As you can see, the Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 Flexcare Plus is packed with unmistakable qualities that will no doubt increase the general health of your teeth and also whiten your teeth. You will not only save on reduced dentist appointments but your confidence will get a boost due to the whitened radiant teeth. It should, therefore, come as no surprise that I recommend the flexcare Sonicare.
8. Oral B Pro 6000 Smartseries Electronic Toothbrush
The Oral B Pro 6000 smartseries electric rechargeable toothbrush with wireless bluetooth is one of the high-end Braun electric toothbrushes. It is more superior to the Oral B 2000, 4000 and 5000.This pro 6000 features 5 cleaning modes: the daily clean, deep clean, gum care, sensitive mode, and the whitening mode.
It also features SmartGuide, Bluetooth and travel accessory.
Oral B Pro 6000 Review
The Oral B Pro 6000 is designed to not only clean your teeth but also to monitor and record your overall dental hygiene.
- It comes with three additional brush heads (one with cross action bristles, one with 3D white technology and the other with bristles designed for sensitive teeth) and a nifty travel case!
- It comes with a digital Smart Guide Unit which is a base station and can be placed around the bathroom sink which doubles up as a charging station as well. The base station wirelessly connects with the brush and provides you with feedback ensuring you get a thorough cleaning.
- The battery life is reasonable coming close to about 6 days falling short of the promised 10 days, but it is surely not a deal breaker. At the current price point, I think it is still one of the best smart toothbrushes out there.
- It is accompanied with the smartphone app that is loaded with a brushing timer, a pressure alert to alert you when excessive force is used and a quadrant prompt which tells you to switch the quadrants after the prescribed 30-second interval.
- Features the professional criss-cross bristles design angled at 16 degrees along with the 3D cleaning action that together ensures the removal of up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush.
For further information, click to download the Oral B 6000 user manual here.
The pro 6000 accompanying smartphone app is elegantly designed and is available for both iOS and Android operating systems.
- The app communicates wirelessly via Bluetooth technology with the Braun 6000 to sync data.
- The main aspect of the app is the timer option which maintains time and guides you through each quadrant.
- The timer also logs the duration of forced brushing.
- The timer is fully customizable and the time spent on any quadrant can be increased if that area needs special attention.
- The app just like its kids electric toothbrush version also has a reward program and awards you with trophies on completion of a regimen to keep you motivated.
- The app can also be customized to display local weather or news while you brush, another nifty little thing!
- Also, the app will let you in on some tips and tricks for a healthy cleaning and believe it or not also has a feature to locate your nearest dentist!
The Oral B Pro 6000 electric rechargeable toothbrush records your statistics and it is encouraged that you share them with your hygienist. The merit of which in my opinion is debatable. The 6000 records the total time you spent on brushing and not the time you spent on each quadrant, which might be a more powerful statistic.
A little more investment goes a long way when you pit it against the pain and money spent on a visit to the dentist.This smartseries electric toothbrush with wireless bluetooth is a great and its capability to sing data wirelessly via Bluetooth with your smartphone makes it unique. With the 6000 by your side you can be assured that you give the required time to your dental care keep a track of your regimen.
I would recommend it to anyone who takes his/her dental hygiene seriously!
9. Philips Sonicare Plaque Control Plus 2-Pack HX6254/81
The Philips Sonicare 2 series plaque control Plus sonic electric rechargeable toothbrush is features only one cleaning mode-the daily cleaning mode. It comes in a pack of 4 brush heads, 2 rechargeable toothbrushes, 2 ProResults brush heads. It mainly meant for twins or husband and wife or family members. It lacks other cleaning modes like the deep clean, whitening, polish, gum care and sensitive modes when compared to the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean.
Apart from that the Plaque Control comes with the travel case but lacks UV Sanitizer
Comes also with a two-year warranty and a 90-day money back guarantee.
Philips Sonicare Plaque Control Plus 2-Pack HX6254/81 Reviews
- Like other best electric toothbrush; The Philips Sonicare plaque control also has an integrated “Smart-Timer,” which is a two-minute timer with audible notification when you have brushed for the complete two minutes. The purpose of the “Smart-Timer” is to promote a full two minutes of brushing to the user.
- The “Smart-Timer” is not the only feature to encourage healthy brushing habits; Philips also designed into this rechargeable toothbrush: the “Quadpacer,” a feature that provides a 30-second timer for each of the four quadrants of your mouth.
- It produces a staggering 31,000 strokes per minute using a patented sonic technology. This is enough strokes as recommended by dentists for dismantling plaque to give you a total cleaning out of your teeth and gums.
- The unique brush head and the patented sonic technology are the two technological features that make the hx6254/81 capable of removing up to six times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
Has a battery life indicator with two different colors to indicate when it is charged and when it needs to be recharged.
- Comes in a twin pack of rechargeable toothbrushes, four Plaque Control brush heads (each brush head is marked with a different color so the user can differentiate the two brushes), two chargers, and two travel cases.
- Features an ergonomic grip that makes holding the hx6254/81 easy and comfortable and
- The “Easy-Start” mode, which gently increases the brush head speed as you become accustomed to the Sonicare experience.
A few reviewers noted they would like to the next Philips Sonicare version to have two different speed modes so the user can slow the brush down for sensitive areas in their mouth.
Reviews are overwhelmingly positive. On Amazon, the Philips Sonicare 2 series plaque control rechargeable electric toothbrush has 36 reviews and an aggregate score of 4.8 out of 5 stars at the time this article was written.
As the high score indicates, users are very satisfied with its performance and ease of use. Here are some of the key points made by reviewers:
- The Easy-Start mode provides the user with a way to comfortably adjust to this rechargeable toothbrush over the course of the first fourteen uses.
- Easy to use at home or when traveling, thanks to the provided travel cases.
Reviewers repeatedly noted that their teeth feel vastly cleaner than when using a manual toothbrush or even competing power toothbrushes, such as Oral-B.
One thing about the most affordable cheap electric toothbrushes under 50 dollars are that they do not have advanced features but still offer basic level features on a budget.
- They are as well accompanied by a pressure sensor, and a quad timer
- They are rechargeable as well.
- Although the cost is far more than a manual toothbrush, you will enjoy the results of your investment.
10. Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Best selling Electric Toothbrush
The Oral B Pro 1000 electric rechargeable toothbrush is the #1 most recommended, top rated, best selling, cheap electric toothbrush. It comes in two distinct colors-black and white. There is no difference in the mechanism of the Oral B black pro 1000 and Oral B pro 1000 3d white, they are essentially the same toothbrush in different colors. If you just need to clean your teeth and not worry about other add-ons this is the toothbrush to have.
Just like the other Oral B Electric Toothbrushes; the Oral B pro 1000 electric toothbrush has superior cleaning power than the manual toothbrush.
- The 1000 comes fitted professionally cross-action design: CrossAction simply means the brush bristles are angled in such a way that they easily reach all the hard to reach areas in your mouth.
- It is compatible with almost all Oral-B electric rechargeable brush-heads except the battery refills and the pulmonic. This means you can use any brush head including those by high-end brushes like those of 7000 or 5000smart series.
- It comes with a helpful timer that buzzes every thirty seconds to alert you when it comes to focusing on brushing off the next quadrant of the mouth.
- Has a pressure sensor that allows you to a better and a more gentle clean. This is because every other time you brush too hard you harm your teeth. The sensor is necessary to allow you to brush your teeth gently. The sensor detects whenever you are brushing too hard and stops the pulsating. This helps to protect your gums.
- When fully charged, this Oral B professional care can last up to seven days while being regularly used
Disadvantages: A few customers have complained that: The battery does not last long as other high-end Philips Sonicare toothbrushes.
Key Features and Specifications
Here is what you get when you buy the Oral B pro 1000 electric toothbrush:
- A 2-minute timer pulse that alerts you every 30 seconds to move to the next quadrant of your mouth, thus prompting you to clean effectively all-round. This ensures the best mouth cleaning results.
- You get 3D cleaning function that rotates, sweeps side to side and also pulsates to remove and break up to 100% more plaque that the normal manual toothbrushes.
- It has a triple cleaning action with three bristle zones on its head but still looks like a standard manual toothbrush. This is meant to clean better than one due to its powerful sweeping motion.
- Its 3D cleaning action rotates, pulsates and oscillates allowing it to remove and break up to 100% more plaque than most manual toothbrushes.
The 1000 is compatible with the following Braun oral b brush-heads (Cross action, Ortho, Power tip, Dual Clean, Sensitive, Precision clean, Pro-white, Floss action and Deep+ sweep) This means that with one Braun professional care electric toothbrush, you can use the 9 different functionalities offered by the different types of brush-head. These are the same brush heads that even high products like the Oral B 5000 have. It is because of these different brush-heads that can fit into any Oral B electric toothbrush. You can download the 1000 user manual here
Would I recommend you buy it!
Yes, Why. This Oral B electric toothbrush will no doubt improve your oral hygiene. You get to use compatible brush head that is also used in high-end products.
Here is the Oral B 1000 vs 3000.
Best Electric Toothbrushes : Buying Guide
You may be sitting on the fence while deciding whether to opt for an electric toothbrush or not. If you have made up your mind to choose one, you still have hundreds of options to choose from which complicates things.
There is no doubt that an electric toothbrush is capable of offering a cleaning activity similar to that experienced at your local dentist. But, choosing such a brush with the right features is important to have complete oral health care.
You can find the electric toothbrush which would enable you to do twice the cleaning than a regular brush.
This way you will be able to retain healthy gums and teeth. Moreover, you can find electric toothbrushes which are able to offer more than just cleaning. Let’s take a look at some of the features that can be quite helpful in giving you better results.
Rechargeable vs Battery operated electric toothbrush:
You might buy an electric toothbrush which requires batteries or you can simply go for a rechargeable one. The latter would enable you to keep using it by just recharging it from time to time.
Plus point – you would not need to buy batteries anymore. Such a feature can really be helpful. So, keep that in mind.
Electric Toothbrush with Pressure Sensor:
Sometimes, users might press a brush too hard on the teeth which can damage the enamel and gums. To avoid that, you can opt for an electric toothbrush which has pressure indicators. These will light up or beep as soon as they feel too much pressure being applied to them. A great mechanism to help the user keep it light and simple while moving the tooth brush’s head around in the mouth.
Electric Toothbrush with Timer:
Quad timers have been installed in toothbrushes so that users may know how much time they should brush their teeth. Teeth cleaning session usually takes around 3 minutes (30 seconds for each quadrant in your mouth). This is why the quad timer will buzz or beep after every 30 seconds letting the user know that it is time to change the position of the head.
Toothbrushes with this feature have greatly improved the way people brush their teeth. In addition, it has also made cleaning the teeth much more interesting.
Cleaning Modes for the Mouth:
Electric toothbrushes also capable of deep cleaning, massaging, and polishing the teeth keeping in mind the sensitivity of the teeth. The processes are carried out through vibrations, pulsations, and rotations in a skillful manner.
Types of Electric Toothbrushes
Electric toothbrushes have been around for quite some time and have proven to be efficient and effective since they’re
motor-powered. But just like smartphone technology which keeps evolving, electric toothbrush manufacturers are getting more creative day by day in a bid to create products that suits the ever changing consumer needs and demands.
Here are the main types of electric toothbrushes, which are classified based on design and mechanism:
1. Oscillating Toothbrush
This is a type of toothbrush that spins the head around a tooth in a clockwise and/or anticlockwise rotation when cleaning.
One of the leading manufacturers of oscillating toothbrushes in the market right now is Oral-B. And while their designs and technology are top-notch, they keep inventing new models that can help users clean teeth more effectively.
How It Works
Once the toothbrush in turned on, the brush head starts to oscillate automatically and the bristle rotation is triggered. A
typical oscillating toothbrush can produce 3000 to 7500 rotations per minute. This is way too efficient compared to a manual toothbrush that only does 400 or so strokes per minute. For even deeper and thorough cleaning, most oscillating toothbrushes usually incorporate pulsating features.
2. Sonic Toothbrush
A sonic toothbrush is designed to clean teeth by producing high vibration that run from side-to-side. Sonic technology has
evolved significantly over the past few years, with the current models showing tremendous improvement in design and teeth cleaning. Sonic toothbrushes basically move back and forth over the user’s teeth exterior to scrub away any possible plaque
and/or food debris.
How It Works
A typical sonic toothbrush operates at 260 cycles per second, with each vibration creating 2 brush strokes. That amounts
to about 31,000 brush strokes per minute, which is close to 10 times faster than a regular electric toothbrush. Some Phillips models can even produce up to 62,000 strokes per minute.
A sonic toothbrush is deliberately designed with high speed to help create waves of turbulence, which allows for deep cleaning of areas that a regular toothbrush could not have otherwise reached. High vibration turbulence also pushes the bubbles created from toothpaste and water in mouth to help remove additional plaque on teeth.
With sonic action, otherwise known as acoustic streaming, a toothbrush can create up to 40,000 brush strokes per minute. First
introduced in 1983, this technology can go up 4mm deeper than regular bristles. That technically means it can reach beneath the gum line to remove the stubborn plaque.
Oscillating Versus Sonic: Which Is The Better Option?
Well, both toothbrushes are great in their own design and can help you effectively brush your teeth twice a day as recommended. A 2-3 minute brushing session with any of these two toothbrushes can produce amazing results in a week’s time or so. There are numerous studies that can back up this claim.
If you’re looking for fast movement and extensive coverage in a toothbrush, then the sonic toothbrush might just be what you
need. A 12-week randomized clinical trial showed that a sonic toothbrush can go up to 1/8 deeper when cleaning
teeth than a typical rotary brush. Hence, we can roughly say the sonic beats the oscillating toothbrush in terms of performance.
Do You Need Flossing When Using An Electric Toothbrush?
Brushing is meant to clean the tooth’s exterior while flossing is done to remove debris lying deep in-between teeth. Nonetheless, the two are aimed at improving oral hygiene.
A sizable number of electric toothbrush manufacturers claim that their
brushes can reach between tightly squeezed parts of teeth during brushing. But that’s far from the truth. While the electric toothbrushes can do a greater job in cleaning teeth compared to manual toothbrushes, they can really reach the
very deep and dark parts of one’s teeth.
A flossing cord can be a great option if you want to clean tight spaces between your teeth. But the string cords can really
be challenging to control while flossing. Not forgetting, they might just rip during the process and can prove difficult to clean the rear teeth. So, the use of electric toothbrushes and dental flossing can both work together for the oral
hygiene. But if you are looking for a rather cost-effective option, then flossing might just be a great choice.
Is It Worth Investing In An Electric Toothbrush?
Electric toothbrushes are way too expensive compared to manual toothbrushes. Though they bring some efficiency and effectiveness in tooth brushing, they can’t really make a great long-term investment. Bearing in mind the electricity they consume, the unpredictable lifespan and the need to replace brush heads on a regular basis, the use of electric toothbrushes can
be downright expensive.
But we don’t entirely dismiss the viability of having an electric toothbrush because a sonic can really do a great job in removing
plaque and food debris from your teeth. With good dental care, you’ll reduce the frequency at which you’re going for checkups, something that might also help you save more.
Does A More Expensive Toothbrush Translate To A Better Brushing Experience?
Well, electric toothbrushes are priced based on the number of features they posses. But if you look closely, a toothbrush costing $80 might have the same brush strokes per minutes as a toothbrush that costs $150 or so. It’s only that the latter might be having additional features like a timer, smartphone connectivity and/or UV sterilizer. These extra features might be cool but also unnecessary as they add no real value to the teeth cleaning experience.
However, when considering which brand or model to buy, there are some that can do great when cleaning teeth with braces
and sensitive or receding gums. So the idea is not really looking at the price. Rather you should consider what the brush can do in terms of cleaning plaque or debris, leaving your teeth sparkling clean and healthy.