When it comes to the best electric toothbrush 2017 the race is really a contest between Braun Oral B and Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrushes. Almost every electric toothbrush reviews says the that.
Both of these companies have cutting edge patented technology that is quite effective in breaking plaque and preventing or reversing any effects of gingivitis. As to what separates these electric brushes squarely depends on the customer.
For the Oral B vs Sonicare. At present check the latest:
- $30.00 off coupon Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity Powered by Braun
- 55% off +$20.00 off coupon Oral-B Pro 6000
- $30.00 off coupon Oral-B Pro 7500
- 24% off + $30.00 coupon Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Electric, Rechargeable tooth brush for Complete Oral Care, with Charging Travel Case, 5 modes, and 8 Brush Heads
- 7% off + $30.00 off coupon on Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Non-Connected
- 12% off + $0.50 coupon Oral-B Stages Power Kids Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush (Pack of 6)
- And more click the link above to go to our dedicated Christmas electric toothbrush deals and coupons page
Compare Best Electric Toothbrushes 2017
The Best Electric Toothbrush 2017: Oral B vs Sonicare
In terms of sleek design and cleaning characteristics, every Electric Toothbrush Reviews site acknowledges that Philips Sonicare toothbrush is a forerunner. What makes it expensive is that it’s known for its sonic technology that easily dislodges plaque besides its its multiple features like UV that make it a high-end rechargeable tooth brush. You can be rest assured that the expense is all worth it because of its efficiency level. Almost all of the reviews are singing its praises. The Braun Oral B electric toothbrush range on the other hand is the only tooth brush endorsed by the British Dental association.
In an ideal situation the more advanced the electric toothbrush is the better. However there are other add-on that don’t really add to the effectiveness of your cleaning.
These gizmos of course have some value like the blue-tooth app that has a smart-guide to help you effectively and also store up your cleaning data For instance the Oral-B Black 7000 has a smart guide and a Bluetooth functionality that can be connected to an iphone but when you scratch deeper, these additions though helpful do not really differentiate the Oral B 7000 from the Oral-B Pro 5000 . Of course a number of the key features that will qualify a brush as good will depend on your needs and lifestyle. However for general analysis the top rated electric toothbrush often times turns out to be a good buy.
On the other hand Sonicare, which is essentially the same company as Philips sonicare diamondclean have a wide range of top electric toothbrushes. The different brushes are differentiated by their respective features. Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Black is of good value.
If you are looking for a starting model that is cheap , then the Oral-B Vitality might be a prudent choice for you. It offers features like a quad timer and is rechargeable as well. It does not have advanced features but still offers basic level features at a convenient price. Besides this, you can also try out the Oral-B Pro 1000. This one has all the features of the former accompanied with pressure sensor as well.
Best Electric Toothbrush Brands
Obviously, some electric toothbrush brands have greater features compared to the others. You should select a brush which has all the features that you need.
There are key things you need to consider. For instance, children electric toothbrushes should be the right size for a kid to handle; it should also have appropriate bristles that will work well with the gums of kids.
Braun Oral-B is not ready to be left behind either in the Sonicare vs Oral B contest. Braun Oral B Electric Toothbrushes vibrate, oscillate and pulsate efficiently to deliver really high speeds to keep your mouths clean.
It’s key features are:
- 3-dimensional cleaning technique: 3D has never been this better. And, getting a superb cleaning action through an electric toothbrush with such a technology is even better. The pulsating technology offered by this brand makes plaque vanish four times faster than a regular toothbrush. This might not be as fast as the ultrasonic technology, but nowhere can it be considered a sloth. Now, difficult places in your mouth will not be that difficult.
- Their top model is Precision Black 7000: if you want to avoid the ultrasonic technology then the Oral-B Black 7000 would be your most preferred choice. There is also a new brand that call Oral B Genius Pro 8000 that is superior to the Oral Black 7000. With this beauty, you get six different modes for cleaning – plus the 3D cleaning technology.
Philips Sonicare has been one of the most trusted toothbrush technologies used around the globe. Moreover,
Philips has structured its Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrushes globally making it a trusted name in this business. The very best of technologies have been applied to the Sonicare tooth brush series making it stand out among the top brushes. To support this claim. more than 50 universities recommend the usage of this tooth brush.
It’s key features:
- Ultrasonic Technology: Due to this technology, the Sonicare vibrates at ultra-fast frequencies. A more accurate number claimed is 30000 head strokes in one minute.
- Effective cleaning: With the Sonicare, you are able to get seven times faster plaque cleaning from your teeth. Customers are usually able to witness results after 2 weeks.
- Their Top Model: The Philips sonicare diamondclean: Now this is a model Philips Sonicare is proud of. The DiamondClean is considered to be the company’s best and most easy-to-use electric tooth brush to date.
#3: Waterpik WP-900 Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush.
The WP-900 sonic is a 2-in-1 product. Any dentist would be happy if they would see this product in your bathroom. The Waterpik WP-900 water flosser comes with an innovative water flossing device and an electric toothbrush to help you achieve overall oral hygiene. The sonic part of the brush uses a fast bristle speed to remove plaque from especially the hard to reach places on the teeth. This tooth brush has only one mode. However, it remains an effective tooth brush that is hard on bacteria and stains and soft on your gums. The WP-900 water flosser and sonic tooth brush uses a steady water stream that it uses to clean between your teeth. This makes it more efficient than the traditional flossing. It has a force that assists it in improving your gum health in two weeks and also combating gingivitis. Laboratory tests have been conducted with the brush and results have indicated that it can remove up to 99.9% of plaque from treated areas in just 3 seconds. These impressive results make the brush an all round oral care brush.
This is another expensive toothbrush just like the diamond clean. It features almost 30,000 brush strokes in a single minute.
The Colgate C600 polishes your teeth while removing plaque and surface stains.The Colgate team is well known for its toothpaste. However, the team recently coupled with the Omron team to create their range of three sonic tooth brushes. The Colgate ProClinical A1500 impressed us the most of the three models.
The Colgate ProClinical A1500 uses the same technology that is used on smart devices to change them from landscape to portrait or vice-versa, to know which part of the teeth you are brushing. The brush changes the pulsations/Speeds accordingly.
The Colgate ProClinical A1500 also has two separate timings that alert you whenever it is necessary to change quadrants and also alerts you whenever two minutes of brushing time are over. The brush has only one mode. However, it allows you to change the brushing action and speed of its head to suit your style.
This model has been creatively designed to provide you with a thorough tooth cleaning action on both the outer and inner teeth surfaces simultaneously. The brush has circular brushes on both its sides, these brushes rotate in an opposite fashion ensuring efficient tooth cleaning and complete plaque removal.
This Colgate proclinical used the “Bass ” method to brush your teeth. In this process, the brush flows away from your gums towards your teeth such that the plaque and other food debris are removed from the gingival margins and all the teeth surface. The concurrent contra-rotating circular brushes available on each side do not only remove plaque from the outer and inner surfaces of your teeth but also from your gums.
Some of the best features of the Colgate pro include:-
- -Battery operated- It does most work for the user.-Particularly useful for individuals with braces- since orthodontic patients are required to maintain an enhanced oral hygiene, this model can be the best for them since it provides through and efficient tooth cleaning.
- -Dual contra-rotating brushes-these brushes simultaneously clean the outer, and inner surfaces of both the gums and teeth.
- -The brush uses the bass brushing method. This method has been shown by many dentists to be superior in maintaining a great oral hygiene and also prevents tooth cavities compared to the manual toothbrushes.
This is because the tooth brush uses ultrasound to clean your teeth rather than manual action. This may seem a ludicrous way to brush your teeth. However, the makers of this ultrasonic believe that the ultrasound is on the cutting edge of the brushing innovation.
This ultrasound technology usually destroys germs and bacteria in the crannies and nooks in which the manual brushing or even flossing cannot reach. For the users that have sensitive teeth or have receding gums, this method is the ideal method.
The brush can oscillate up to 96 million times in a single minute. This makes the brush clean your teeth with very impressive results. For the stains like wine, tea coffee, etc., the brush can make them disappear within few days of use. This brush even comes with different heads for the individuals who use braces on their teeth.
#6: Panasonic compact battery powered brush.
Though the Panasonic compact is a travel tooth brush, it is still an excellent option. It has a low noise level of 37 decibels, this is a little more than just a whisper in a silent library. The Panasonic compact makes an average of around 16,000 brushstrokes in a single minute. It has a triple-edged brush head that makes the process of removing and cleaning plaque a breeze. The product itself is waterproof and completely washable.
This Panasonic model operates on just one AAA battery. It is so compact and can fit in miniature bags, your pocket or even purses that is, if you are on the go. This makes it a great inexpensive selection if all the whistles and the bells of other brushes are too much for you
#7: Health HP-STX Ultra High Powered Sonic
The Health HP-STX high power is our final selection. It has very familiar features. It uses the sonic wave technology that is excellent for removing plaque that is hidden deep in the teeth. It does an average of up to 30,000 strokes in one minute. The HP-STX comes in 3 different modes. They include the soft/gentle, the power/clean, and the massage mode. It comes with removable brush heads. It also has a charging dock station that has an enclosed brush head holder that ensures clean storage between the brushes.
The HP-STX is not the cheapest model around, but it does tout cheap head brushes replacements that go under $2. This allows you to save a lot of cash in the long-term and to avoid the need to acquire mandatory head upgrades.
#8: Supersmile Series II Sonic Pulse.
The 45-degrees bristles on thesuper smile Series II makes this model unique. These bristles can clean beneath your gum line while polishing and whitening your tooth enamel with up to 30,000 strokes in a single minute. The Men’s Health and a grooming awards winner has awarded the Supersmile II as one of the best electric toothbrushes.
#9: iBrush SonicWave Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
The iBrush has been developed by dentists, and it has a quadsence technology with a two-minute warning sensor too. The iBrush is the best for you if you are a germaphobe. The brush comes with a UV sanitizer; this sanitizer kills up to 99% of the harmful viruses and microbes that live in the brush. Amazingly, this iBrush can go for up to 6 weeks on just one charge.
#10: Pursonic Deluxe Plus.
A good case for traveling is important however an electric tooth brush requires power on vacation. The Pursonic deluxe plus boasts of a worldwide voltage of AC 120- 240. The brush comes with three operating modes. The clean mode, the massage mode and the sensitive mode. It does an average of 6500 oscillations in a single minute to remove plaque. The brush also comes with 12 other bonus brushes.
Best Electric Toothbrush For Kids – HX6321/02 Philips kids Sonicare
The HX6321/02 Philips kids Sonicare toothbrushis one of the best kid’s electric toothbrush. It has fun and practical features packed in it that enhance the teeth brushing experience of children of all ages.
It has a free interactive App that not only excites kids but educates them too. Children get cool rewards for progress made in their brushing sessions.
Unlike the Oral B app that inconveniently requires you to always scan your tooth brush on a smart device before accessing it, the Philips kids Sonicare tooth brush app is complimentary and hassle free to use.
The Philips kids’ tooth brush employs patented Sonic technology that is weighted to kids needs. The kids’ version is programmed to produce fewer vibrations at the beginning and increases the oscillations gradually as the kid gets used to using an electric tooth brush.
The Sonic movements make 500 strokes per second to effectively dislodge all plaque on the teeth and under the gum line.
It is highly effective and removes 75%more plaque than a manual toothbrush. 91% of dentists who are parents prefer it for their kids.
Best Electric Toothbrush With UV Sanitizer – Philips Sonicare Flexcare
The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Premium With UV Sanitizer employs that patented Sonicare technology that creates up to 31000 revolutions per minute.
This technique is scientifically proven to remove 7 times more plaque than a manual brush by filtrating fluids between teeth. The Sonic technology also aids you reduce gum disease because hidden food particles and germs that build up under the gums are effortlessly removed by the thousands of movements made by the toothbrush. It in general helps reduce chance of gingivitis infection.
TheFlexcare Premium comes with a UV Brush Sanitizer which keeps the brush germ free and disinfected. With the UV sanitizer your brush will rid of anything that could possible contain germs. You run the UV light sanitizer for 7 minutes for the best results.
Best Electric Toothbrush under $100 Reviews 2017.For most Americans having a lovely confident smile is crucial. It can at times make or break your confidence levels especially when social gathering. For a confident smile you need clean white teeth. This can mainly be achieved by cleaning them with dentists recommended toothbrushes. Dentists recommend electric tooth brush because they clean way better than manual ones. Click the link above to read the top rated dentist recommended electric toothbrushes that cost less than 100 dollars.
Best Cheap Electric Toothbrush Under $50 – Oral B 1000
The Oral B 1000 eliminates more plaque from under your gums and on the gum-line by 300% when compared to the ordinary manual toothbrush.
It employs the scientifically tested and proven Oral B 3D superior cleaning that rotates, pulsates and oscillates at an angle to remove more plaque than ordinary toothbrushes.
- It features one cleaning mode: Daily clean for regular cleaning
- It has a pressure sensor to alert you when you are brushing too hard.
- It also has an inbuilt 2 minutes timer that buzzes in 30 seconds interval to ensure that you clean all sections of your mouth effectively
The Oral-B Pro 1000 has a dentist inspired CrossAction brush head that encircles each tooth with bristles positioned at a 16 degree angle while rotating pulsating and oscillating. The overall effect is that the 3D cleaning technique is very efficient at removing plaque even those hidden under crevices and under the gumline.
Best Travel Electric Toothbrush – Philips DiamondClean
The Philips DiamondClean employs revolutionary sonic cleaning technique. It claims to remove 100% of all plaque from your teeth using six different cleaning modes (daily clean, sensitive, Gum Care,tongue cleaner White and Polish). It comes in three different colours (Black, White and Pink) to cater for all tastes. Here is what makes the Sonicare DiamondClean quite suitable for travelling.
- It comes with a sleek travelling case to safeguard the toothbrush and all its parts from damage. It afford you hassle free storage when on the road.
- It has a USB charging port for convenient charging by connecting the USB cord to your laptop or phone.
- It has a long lasting battery that can last for up to three weeks of continuous use after only one charge.
- It has double charging functionality. You can effortlessly charge it on standard American sockets that run on 110 volts and also charge it on international sockets that operate on 240 volts charge.
Best Electric Toothbrush For Braces 2017 – Oral-B Black 7000
Adults and teenagers alike will love this sophisticated and sleek black electric toothbrush. Power rechargeable, this
Oral-B Black 7000 SmartSeries Power-Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush in Black from Oral B is not to be passed by.
– Bluetooth communication
– Designed to work around brace wires and take out food and plaque
– Great for young people as they will love the design in black
– Waterproof handle
– Promotes good teeth cleaning habits
– Great for teens and adults
What to Look for in Buying an Electric Toothbrush?
Most of you might have a confusion in deciding whether to opt for an electric toothbrush or not. And, if you have made up your mind to choose one, you still have hundreds of options to choose from.
This certainly gets a little complicated for beginners. There is no doubt that an electric tooth brush is capable of offering a cleaning activity similar to that experienced at your local dentist. But, choosing such a brush with the right features is important to have complete oral health care
You can find the electric toothbrush which would enable you to do twice the cleaning than a regular brush. This way you will be able to retain healthy gums and teeth. Moreover, you can find electric toothbrushes which are able to offer more than just cleaning. Let’s take a look at some of the features that can be quite helpful in giving you better results.
You might buy an electric toothbrush which requires batteries or you can simply go for a rechargeable one. The latter would enable you to keep using it by just recharging it from time to time. Plus point – you would not need to buy batteries anymore. Such a feature can really be helpful. So, keep that in mind.
Pressure indicators being visible:
Sometimes, users might press a brush too hard on the teeth which can damage the enamel and gums. To avoid that, you can opt for an electric toothbrush which has pressure indicators. These will light up or beep as soon as they feel too much pressure being applied on them. A great mechanism to help the user keep it light and simple while moving the tooth brush’s head around in the mouth.
Oscillating technology:This is a researched technique which ensures that rotating bristles are capable of removing plaque 11% more than a manual toothbrush featuring back and forth motion. Another benefit of a rotating head is that it is small compared to other bristle heads, letting it go in the mouth and work upon the tightest corners.
The sonic technology uses a manual looking head which is more capable of removing plaque colonies because of the high vibration speeds it is capable of achieving. If you have a bigger budget for an electric toothbrush, then a sonic brush should be your choice.
Quad timers have been installed in toothbrushes so that users may know for how much time they should brush their teeth. A teeth cleaning session usually takes around 3 minutes (30 seconds for each quadrant in your mouth). This is why, the quad timer will buzz or beep after every 30 seconds letting the user know that it is time to change the position of the head. Toothbrushes with this feature have greatly improved the way people brush their teeth. In addition, it has also made cleaning the teeth much more interesting.
Cleaning Modes for the Mouth:
Electric toothbrushes also capable of deep cleaning, massaging, and polishing the teeth keeping in mind the sensitivity of the teeth. The processes are carried out through vibrations, pulsations and rotations in a skillful manner.
Which is your best electric toothbrush so far?
- 1 Christmas Electric Toothbrush Deals 2017
- 2 Compare Best Electric Toothbrushes 2017
- 3 The Best Electric Toothbrush 2017: Oral B vs Sonicare
- 4 Best Electric Toothbrush Brands
- 5 #1: Best Oral B Electric Toothbrush
- 6 #2: Best Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush
- 7 #3: Waterpik WP-900 Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush.
- 8 #4: Colgate C600 ProClinical toothbrush
- 9 #5: Emmi-dent’s ultrasonic toothbrush
- 10 #6: Panasonic compact battery powered brush.
- 11 #7: Health HP-STX Ultra High Powered Sonic
- 12 #8: Supersmile Series II Sonic Pulse.
- 13 #9: iBrush SonicWave Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
- 14 #10: Pursonic Deluxe Plus.
- 15 Best Electric Toothbrush For Kids – HX6321/02 Philips kids Sonicare
- 16 Best Electric Toothbrush With UV Sanitizer – Philips Sonicare Flexcare
- 17 Best Electric Toothbrush Under 100 Dollars
- 18 Best Cheap Electric Toothbrush Under $50 – Oral B 1000
- 19 Best Travel Electric Toothbrush – Philips DiamondClean
- 20 Best Electric Toothbrush For Braces 2017 – Oral-B Black 7000
- 21 What to Look for in Buying an Electric Toothbrush?