What is the best electric toothbrush 2022? It depends on what you want it for: Is it for receding gum to help you stop receded gums from receding further? Is it for braces to keep them free from bacteria while being able to clean your teeth and gums comfortably? for sensitive teeth to help gently brush painful areas? for gingivitis gum disease to help clean red, swollen, bleeding gums and getting and improve your gum health? Or the one with UV sanitizer? Are you on budget and want the best but cheap, affordable electric toothbrush? Is it under $50 or under $100? or best kids electric toothbrush?
Here are our top 9 overall best electric toothbrushes 2022.
Best Electric Toothbrush 2022
1. Best Oral B Electric Toothbrush
Last update on 2021-10-24 at 21:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush With 3 Oral-B Replacement Brush Heads & Toothbrush Case, Black is currently our number one best Oral B electric toothbrush 2021. It is also the number best Oral B electric toothbrush so far. Basically, the genius x is an improved version of the best selling Oral B Genius 8000 power rechargeable battery electric toothbrush. This toothbrush took the hassle of brushing with the 8000 model, front-facing the phone camera to make the position detection technology work effectively.
Basically, In 2016 Oral B introduced Oral B 8000 with position detection feature included. What this technology does is that it tracks where you are brushing at the moment, where you have missed and where you have brushed too hard. For it to work, you have to video yourself brushing throughout the cleaning cycle. To help you with this you are given a suction cup as a phone holder that can be attached on the mirror or tiles.
Now Oral B Genius X comes with a ‘Built-in Artificial Intelligence’. It is a result of research done studying many people brushing habits in which the moment you start brushing it recognize your brushing style and offer you suggestion on how to improve it. No need of facing the camera any more, though, you still need a phone with you if you want to see the real-time feedback.
Apart from that improvement, all other 8000 model key
features are also included in Genius X to give you a thorough fully cleaning
experience. You get:
- 2-minute timer with Quadrapacer to help you brush evenly at two minutes recommended dental professional brushing time.
- A Customized 3D SmartRing visible pressure sensor that flashes red when you brush hard. You can change the colour from red to any other out of the 12 colours provided.
- A built-in pressure sensor that slows down the toothbrush to alert you to ease and brush your teeth gently
- Bluetooth connectivity that enables you to connect your brush with the Oral B app to get feedback on how well you are brushing your teeth and gums, where you have missed and where you have applied too much pressure.
- 6 cleaning modes (sensitive, gum care, daily clean, whitening, deep clean and tongue care) to cater for all your cleaning needs
- 3 brush heads compared to 7 brush heads of Oral B Genius X 10000 Luxe with the same features but more brush heads.
- 14 days long-lasting Lithium-ion battery on a full charge, brushing twice a day
- The Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush With 3 Oral-B Replacement Brush Heads & Toothbrush Case, Black smart travel case that charges both your phone and the brush simultaneously. The case has a USB port for charging your phone, a phone holder and a space for a handle and 2 brush heads.
2. Best Selling, Top Rated Electric Toothbrush
No products found.The Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush is one of the best selling, top rated electric toothbrushes in the market today, competing well with the top end Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart
As its latest version Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush, 3 Brush Heads, Rose Gold, Powered by Braun and Genius X, this electric toothbrush too comes with premium features to keep your mouth clean:
With it you get:
- 2 minutes timer with quadrapacer to help you brush at recommended 2 minutes time, twice a day.
- 6 cleaning modes (daily clean, sensitive, gum care, whitening, deep clean and tongue cleaning) with 3 brushing heads (whitening, CrossAction and Sensitive) to help you brush according to your needs
- An inbuilt pressure sensor that slows down the speed of the brush when detects that you are brushing too hard until you reduce the pressure
- 3D LED light SmartRing visible pressure sensor at the top end of the brush handle that flashes red when detecting that you are over-brushing to alert you to be gentle to your teeth and just guide the toothbrush and lets it do its work. You can customize the colour from red to any colour of your choice via the Oral B app from its 12 provided colours.
- Bluetooth Enabled to help you get real-time feedback on how you brush, where you have applied too much pressure, and tutorial on how to do it better. The Bluetooth is there to help you connect your brush with an Oral B app where you get access to real-time feedback
- Position detection technology capable of detecting where you have brushes and where you have missed and show you graphically using an Oral B app. You need to download the Oral app on Google play store and connect it with the 8000 via Bluetooth. And for detection to work, you need to video yourself brushing, simply front face your phone camera and start brushing. If you do not have time for this hassle go for Oral B Genius X that uses Artificial Intelligence to detect where you are brushing and where you have missed without the need of standing still facing the camera.
- Smart USB travel case for convenience when travelling holding a brush handle and two brush heads. The case has a USB port and a phone holder to hold a phone and charge it at the same time with charging the toothbrush. For international travel, you need to buy a global adapter or go for Oral B Genius 9600 that includes one.
- Suction cup to hold a phone while using the app.
- Round small brush heads to offer a tooth to tooth cleaning effect and effective cleaning along the gum line.
- The lithium-ion battery that lasts in two weeks time on full charger compared to Nitrogen Hydride battery of the Oral B pro 7000 that last in one week to 10 days mainly. To maintain Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush battery performance, you are advised to finish all the charger in the battery after every six months before charging it again
Last update on 2021-10-24 at 21:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Philips Sonicare ExpertClean 7500 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is less the same as the Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300 but at a cheaper price. It is one of our best travel electric toothbrushes 2022
With it you get:
- 4 cleaning modes (daily clean, gum care, deep clean and whitening) with 3 cleaning intensities to customize your brushing experience.
- A built-in pressure sensor that pulsates when noticed that you are brushing too hard to alert you
- 2 brush heads
- Brush Sync mode pairing technology that pairs up appropriate cleaning mode with the placed brush head automatically. You just need to insert the brush head and the brush set the appropriate mode automatically
- Brush Sync replacement reminder technology- this technology studies your brush head usage and reminds you when it is time to change it. Basically you need to change the brush head after every three months to keep it effective and your mouth free from accumulated germs on the brush head
- 2 weeks battery life of regular use, brushing twice a day
- A USB travel case that hold a brush handle and two brush heads per time. You can charger the brush while on its case using a USB cable or a standard charger provided
- You can use Philips Sonicare ExpertClean 7500 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush with braces, veneers, fillings and crowns
- 2 years warranty
- You, however, do not get a glass charger or visible pressure sensor when compared to the Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300
Last update on 2021-10-24 at 22:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Black Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush is quite a good toothbrush to have apart from one limiting factor, the battery life. This Oral B electric toothbrush uses the Nickel Metal Hydride battery that lasts 10 days or less, mainly one week compared to Oral B 7500, 8000, 9600 and Genius X that use long-lasting Lithium-ion battery which can go up to 2 weeks brushing twice a day.
Apart from the battery, the Pro 7000 is one of our best electric toothbrush for braces; it comes with all necessary features to help you fight against plaque buildup and gum disease for a healthy mouth. With it you get:
- 2 minutes built-in timer with quadrapacer in addition to a digital timer to help you brush at two minutes, recommended dentist brushing time, twice daily. The beauty of it is on its digital timer, this watch shows you how many minutes have you spent brushing and the end of the cleaning cycle shows how good you did it. You get a star rating with a happy or sad face.
- 6 cleaning modes same as Oral B Genius 8000, 9600 and X, to cater for all your cleaning needs (sensitive, gum care, deep clean, whitening, daily clean and tongue care)
- A visible pressure sensor that flashes red when you brush hard to alert you to be gentle to your teeth
- 5 brush heads (2CrossAction, 1FlossAction, 1Sensitive, 1 whitening) for pairing them up with the cleaning modes for better results. You pair sensitive brush head with sensitive mode and so forth
- A standard travel case that can hold a brush handle and 2 brush heads
- Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Bluetooth connectivity to help you connect your brush with Oral B app to get timely feedback on how you brush and tutorials on how to improve it
Last update on 2021-10-24 at 21:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is the number one most recommended best cheap electric toothbrush under $50 on the market today. It is simple and cheap offering basic features needed for a health mouth. With it you get:
- 2 minutes timer with quadrapacer to help you brush your teeth and gums evenly at 2 minutes recommended dentist time
- A built-in pressure sensor that stops you from brushing your teeth too hard by slowing down the toothbrush speed until you reduce the pressure
- One cleaning mode: the daily clean for daily usage. No sensitive, gum care, whitening even tongue cleaning modes as found in Oral B Genius models.
- 7-day battery life, for 14 days go for Oral B Pro 1500 that uses Lithium-ion battery. The 1500 model also comes with a visible pressure sensor that lights up when you brush hard
- Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is quite cheap like its competitor Philips Sonicare Protectiveclean 4100 but you miss some interesting features such as position detection that track brush head location as you brush to show you where you have brushed, missed or brushed aggressively. You also miss Bluetooth connectivity to help you track your brushing habits and get coaching how to improve it, digital watch (SmartGuide) as one seen on Oral B 7000 , travel case and or multi voltage global charger as one found on the 9600 model
6. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Last update on 2021-10-24 at 21:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is one of the newest Philips Sonicare toothbrushes, an improved version of the once best selling Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health rechargeable electric toothbrush. Whereas Sonicare series 3 came with one clean mode and 3 cleaning intensities to customize your cleaning experience, the 5100 model comes with 3 cleaning modes (clean, gum care and whitening) but no speed control settings, with it you also get BrushSync replacement reminder technology that studies your toothbrush usage and recommends when to change it.
The Sonicare 5100 also like Philips Sonicare essence includes an ‘easy start feature’ that increase the speed of the brush slowly to allow you to get used to using an electric toothbrush.
Both Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health and Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush come with:
- 2 minutes timer with brushing pacer to encourage you to brush at two minutes recommended time, twice a day
- 3 cleaning modes (gum care, clean and whitening). You use gum care mode with a sensitive brush head to brush sensitive
- 1 brush head
- The travel case that can hold a handle and 2 brush
- Battery status indicator that flashed red when the battery is low, indicating the need to recharge it
- 14 days battery life
- 2 years guarantee for peace of mind
Do Dentists Recommend Oral B Or Sonicare?
Dentists recommend both Oral and Sonicare electric toothbrushes because of the many studies done on both Oral B and Sonicare showing that they are capable of removing plaque and improving gum health better than the manual toothbrushes. It is only the design and the cleaning mechanism that differentiate them but both aim at delivering clean, healthy mouth
Both have 2 minutes timers with a pacer, pressure sensor, more cleaning modes and brush heads to cater for every cleaning need and some other add-ons such as Bluetooth connectivity, position detection and UV Sanitizer depending on which model you end up choosing
Read more about Oral B vs Sonicare.
Otherwise, which is your best electric toothbrush so far?