Best travel electric toothbrush? Traveling and packing up for a trip can be a hassle, that is why you need an electric toothbrush with a travel case that will be stress-free, portable and convenient to carry along on your journeys.
Here are our top electric toothbrushes with travel case and some of the factors that you may want to consider when shopping around for the electric travel toothbrush .
Best Travel Electric Toothbrush 2018
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Electric, Rechargeable toothbrush employs revolutionary sonic cleaning technique. It claims to remove 100% of all plaque from your teeth using six different cleaning modes (daily clean, sensitive, Gum Care, tongue cleaner White, and Polish). It comes in three different colors (Black, White, and Pink) to cater for all tastes.
Here is what makes the Sonicare DiamondClean quite suitable for traveling.
- It comes with a sleek traveling case to safeguard the toothbrush and all its parts from damage. It affords you hassle-free storage when on the road.
- It has a USB charging port for convenient charging by connecting the USB cord to your laptop or phone.
- It has a long-lasting battery that can last for up to three weeks of continuous use after only one charge.
- It has double charging functionality. You can effortlessly charge it on standard American sockets that run on 110 volts and also charge it on international sockets that operate on 240 volts charge.
2. Oral B Electric Toothbrush with Travel Case – Genius Pro 8000
The Oral B Genius 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth blends smart technology and data to literally tell you how to clean your teeth like a dentist. Here is why this is a great oral care companion when traveling.
- It has a handy traveling case not only safeguards the toothbrush and its components but enables you compact easy storage of your toothbrush when on the go.
- Easy charging: the travel case enables you to charge the toothbrush right from the case. It also has a small charger in case you opt to carry the case on your journeys.
- USB Port: It has a USB port which means you can use any compatible USB cord to charge it effortlessly on your phone, tablet or laptop computer.
- Shape and size. It is quite lightweight and ergonomic that makes for comfortable and convenient use.
The Oral-B Pro 7000 is an innovative toothbrush that comes with lots for frills and bells (6 cleaning modes, bristle indicator, smart guide and quadpacer). It has Bluetooth functionality that connects with your Smartphone to give you data on your toothbrush cleaning.
The data is a sure way of aiding you to hit your targets quicker. Here is why the 7000 Oral B precision is our second pick of best electric toothbrush for traveling.
It comes with a lofty velvety traveling case that screams class and high-end fashion. The case not only makes a fashion statement about you but more importantly protects your toothbrush and its parts from damage. It makes storing your toothbrush an effortless task.
Battery Life. Although the Black 7000 battery lasts less than the DiamondClean, it can handle a decent 12 days of continuous use on the run before the charge runs out. That is good enough in my book.
Size and shape; It has an ergonomic shape that fits squarely in the case for maximum portability.
It is waterproof; this is convenient when traveling when you have to multi-task without caring too much about your toothbrush being damaged by water.
The Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus Sonic Electric Toothbrush, HX6972/10 is as top high end as can be. It operates on the scientifically proven technology that removes more plaque than manual ones.
You will never have to miss a section of your teeth because the Flexcare Plus HX6972 will let you know where you have missed.
It has a pressure sensor that automatically slows down whenever you brush too hard. This way beyond most top end electric toothbrushes that only alert you when brushing too hard, this one literally controls the way you brush your teeth. Here is why this toothbrush is great for traveling.
- It has a compact traveling case that easily stores the toothbrush and its parts for improved portability.
- It has a compact traveling case that easily stores the toothbrush and its parts for improved portability.
- It also comes with two hygienic travel caps to keep your toothbrush less messy and sanitized.
- It features dual voltage charging which means you can conveniently charge it on American standard electric sockets and international sockets that have a different voltage from that of the USA.
- It is quite portable and ergonomic to handle and use.
The Philips Sonicare plaque control plus hx6254/81 twin pack electric toothbrush is a mid-priced electric toothbrush. It operates on the patented Sonicare technology which is scientifically proven to remove 6 times more plaque than manual toothbrushes.
It features an ergonomic easy snap on the head with curves bristles that fully grasp your teeth. They are designed to match the profile of the tooth for maximum cleaning effect.
The plaque control is marketed in two ways. You can buy it is a single unit which cost less than hundred dollars or as a twin pack that goes for a few dollars over the hundred dollar mark.
In classical Sonicare vs Oral B debate, the Oral B model that could closely match the Sonicare Plaque control is the Oral B 3000, you can read the review here
Here are key features of the Plaque control Sonicare:
- It comes with a nifty travel case for easy and effortless handling when on the go.
- It has an easy central grip handle that is comfy to hold when brushing and also features easy start functionality. The easy start slows down the number of strokes the bristles make to help you get used to the Sonicare cleaning experience.
- It is compatible with high-end brush heads like those of DiamondClean.
- It has a long-lasting battery that dual color indicator to help you effortlessly monitor the battery charge of your toothbrush.
- It has a Smart-timer (lets you know when you have brushed for two minutes). It also has a quadpacer that aids you brush each section of your teeth effectively by sounding a buzzer every 30 seconds to signal you to move to the next section.
- It has a two years manufacturers guarantee for peace of mind. The 2 Series and 3 Series are specialized mid priced toothbrushes that are good for travelling. See how they compare with each other.
6. Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, HX6610-01
The Philips Sonicarethree series gum health electric toothbrush employs Sonicare cleaning technology that is scientifically proven to be more effective in removing more plaque than ordinary brushes. It claims to remove 100% plaque.
It has a hard travel case which is perfect for traveling. The case holds the toothbrush and its parts securely and protects it from damage.
It features three intensity cleaning modes, hence the name Sonicare 3 series gum health electric toothbrush. These settings include a ProResults gum health brush that gently scrapes plaque from your gums.
The profile of the brush head emulates the shape of a cup which is said to not only clean both your gums and teeth but does so gently to remove plaque.
- It has dual colored battery charge display to help you monitor the level of charge.
- It sizable and easy to slip into any traveling bag without fuss. It has a handy snap-on easy grip handle and a blue bristle that remind you when then the brush head is due for a change.
- It employs the sonic cleaning technology that produces up to 31000 bristle strokes per minute is scientifically proven to remove 6 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- It greatly reduces gingivitis by improving the health of your gums.
- It has a Smart-timer (alerts you when you have brushed for the dentist recommended two minutes) and a quadpacer (helps you clean each section of your mouth effectively by ensuring that you spend at least 30 seconds on each quarter of your mouth).
- It has an easy start feature that reduces the number of brush strokes per minute so as to give you time to adapt to the Sonicare cleaning technology.
- It comes with a solid two years guarantee for peace of mind.
Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health rechargeable toothbrush is excellent on your gums and teeth due to its ProResults gum health that is gentle and effective in removing plaque. It has the potential of reducing and even reversing gingivitis. You get two years guarantee which is an indication that this toothbrush is build to last.
7. Violife Stylish Slim Sonic Electric Travel Toothbrush[
The Violife Stylish Slim Sonic electric toothbrush is probably one of the cheapest traveling electric toothbrushes, yet it looks and feels quite classy. It comes in 4 different fashions which include a zebra stripped handle.
It employs sonic cleaning technology that makes 22000 strokes of the brush per minute. This is effecting in sweeping fluids between your teeth and under the gumline to remove plaque.
- It has long-lasting replaceable brush heads that last up to six months.
- It comes with a moisture releasing cap that has vents to safeguard the brush head. This is as close as you get to having a traveling case,
- It has a compartment for the battery and motor that is waterproof to secure your toothbrush from damage.
The Violife stylish slim sonic is perfect for traveling because it has a waterproof battery and motor and a cap for the brush head. This means you can easily slip it into your side pocket and hit the road on your travels effortlessly. It is very budget friendly and user-friendly. It is perfect for traveling.
8. Philips Sonicare Essence rechargeable electric toothbrush, HX5610/01-1 Handle
The Philips 5600 Essence uses the scientifically proven patented sonic technology to remove seven times more plaque than a manual toothbrush. The Sonicare HX5610/30 is also quite budget-friendly yet it gives you as good performance in cleaning your teeth as top rechargeable toothbrushes. Here is what makes the Philips Essence Sonicare HX5610/30 a compelling choice if you are looking for something basic but functional.
- It has a hygienic cap to safeguard the bristles and a soft travel case. This is a basic plastic case but still durable and does the job of safeguarding your toothbrush from damage.
- It operates one cleaning mode: daily that makes 31000 brush strokes per minute to remove plaque from your teeth.
- It has soft contoured bristles that are gentle on the gums. It actually removes plaque from your gumline.
- It has a long-lasting battery that can last for two weeks of one charge; perfect for traveling.
- It has a battery indicator signal that starts to blink when the battery is running down to alert you to recharge your toothbrush.
- It is clinically tested to be used with all kinds of dental restorations like braces, fillers, veneers and periodontal pockets.
- It has an angled neck that easily reaches hard to reach places like behind the molar teeth.
- It also features a Smart-timer that aids you to brush for the recommended two minutes.
The Philips Essence HX 5610/04 04 HX 5610/01 runs on the patented sonic technology of cleaning that is proven to remove seven times more plaque than a normal toothbrush. It has a decent enough travel case, gently contoured bristles that are gentle on your gums and a smart timer.
It has an angled neck that effectively cleans hard to reach areas and an ergonomic rubber grip design for comfort when handling it.
The Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, White is a quality toothbrush without frills and bells but still removes more plaque from your gumline and between teeth than the manual toothbrush. It easily cleans hard to reach areas and the gumline to reduce teeth sensitivity and looseness. It is the cheapest Philips Sonicare toothbrush at the time of writing.
9. Dentalski Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush (Under $50)
Though the Dentalski Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Plus USB Charging Travel Case with UV Sanitizer Built-in is a little-known brand, it receives stellar reviews by dentists. Some claim it is better than top range Sonicare toothbrush in removing plaque and improving your overall gum care. Here is why you should consider the Dentalski toothbrush as your travel companion:
This toothbrush is Currently unavailable on Amazon. (Comparable Alternative is the Oral B 1000)
It operates dual voltage system which is perfect for traveling. It can be charged on both standard American electric sockets that max on 110 voltage and on any international power point that usually operate on 240 voltage.
It not only comes with a travel charger but also with a UV sanitizer to keep your toothbrush germ free.
It operates on the sonic technology of cleaning teeth that involves multiple brush strokes per minutes.
Dentalski makes 35000 strokes per minutes (more than Sonicare’s 31000 strokes) and is very effective in removing plaque.
It comes with three modes of cleaning: C-clean, S-soft for sensitive teeth and M-massage for massaging your gums.
The Dentalski offers you complete total care of your teeth and gums: it whitens your teeth, removes five times more plaque and improves the health of your gums. Healthy gums fight against tooth decay and other incidental issues like gingivitis and receding gums.
In case you want to stick with one of the universal renown brands then Oral B Pro 1000 black that is going for slightly under 45 could suit you. However, if you do not place much emphasis on branding but on effectiveness, I would suggest you consider Dentalski.
Travel Electric Toothbrushes – Buyers Guide
When on the look out to buy an electric toothbrush for travel put these into consideration:
- Travelling case: a compact traveling case makes it easy to organize your toothbrush. The toothbrush easily slots into the case and keeps it dry. No need to travel with a messy wet toothbrush wrapped in a plastic bag. High-end toothbrushes have classy travel pouches made of special material meant to protect your toothbrush and its parts. They are quite sleek and readily make a fashion statement about you. Travelling cases can also be bought separately but at an extra cost.
- Long battery life: You want a battery that will last for at least more than one week so that in case you will be away for less than a week, you don’t have to carry a charger. However, if you plan to be away for more than two weeks you need a toothbrush that has a convenient portable charger like a USB charger.
USB chargers are great because they make charging effortless. All you need to do is to plug the USB charger into your laptop or phone and insert the other end to your rechargeable toothbrush and you are done.
- Voltage features: Standard American voltage capacity is set at 110 voltages. While most international sockets are set to work with 240 voltage capacity. For your convenience, you want to look for an electric toothbrush that offers double voltage charging option. This means that you can plug into both USA sockets that are calibrated to charge for up to 110 volts and European/worldwide electric sockets that can take up to 240 volts without the inconvenience of buying a converter.
- Size and shape: Rechargeable toothbrushes come in different forms, shapes, and sizes mainly due to the design of the charging port or other additions like UV sanitizer. You might want to shop for the one that will be the right size for your traveling lifestyle. Compact and small brushes are more preferable for traveling because they take less space and are quite portable.
There is an electric toothbrush for every price range. All the toothbrushes on this page have basic things one would consider when choosing a travel toothbrush. They have traveling cases, they handy in shape and form and are convenient to take on a journey. They have long-lasting batteries and most have dual charging system which is perfect for traveling.
If you are on the road you need a compact slim portable rechargeable electric toothbrush that you can slot on the side pocket of your bag on the go. Ideally one with a waterproof traveling case and caps for your brush heads. Having one that can keep a charge for weeks will be quite convenient because you don’t want to be traveling with dangling cable wires on your trips if you can avoid it.
That is why electric toothbrushes with traveling case like the Oral B 5000 are topping the best selling ranks in the portable toothbrush with containers category in most online shops.