The difference between Oral B Pro 3 3000, 3500 and 3900 is the in the number of electric toothbrush, travel case, brush heads, and colour.
Last update on 2022-12-04 at 21:24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
Difference between Oral B Pro 3 3000 , 3500 and 3900
- Oral B Pro 3 3000 and 3500 come with one brush head but 3900 comes with 10
- Pro 3 3500 come with a travelling case while 3000 and 3900 do not
- Pro 3 3900 comes with two sets of electric toothbrushes but 3000 and 3500 have only one brush.
- Pro 3 3900 comes in black and pink whereas 3500 comes in black and white and, 3000 offers 4 colour choices (blue, pink, black and white) to choose from
- In terms of price as you already imagine, the Pro 3 3900 is more pricey.. You get it however under £100 compared to under £50 of the 3500 and 3000 models.
Oral B 3000 vs 3500 Pro
- Oral B Pro 3 3000 lacks a travel case while 3500 electric toothbrush has one.
- Pro 3 3000 offers 4 colour choices (blue, pink, black and white) but 3500 offers only 2 (black and white colour choice only)
- Pro 3 3500 is more expensive than 3000 electric toothbrush model.
Oral B 3000 vs 3900 Pro
- Oral B Pro 3 3000 comes with one brush handle while 3900 includes two sets of electric toothbrushes
- Pro 3 3000 comes with one brush head versus 3900 that comes with 10 crossAction brush heads to last you the whole year.
- Pro 3 3900 offers pink, black and white colour selection while 3000 model offers blue, pink, black and white
- Pro 3000 is cheaper than the 3900 electric toothbrush model
Oral B 3500 vs 3900 Pro
- Oral B Pro 3 3500 comes with one brush handle but 3900 comes with 2 set of electric toothbrushes
- Pro 3 3500 come with a travelling case but 3900 does not
- Pro 3 3900 comes with 10 crossAction brush heads while 3500 includes only one
- Pro 3500 comes in black and whit but 3900 comes in black and pink.
- You get Pro 3900 for under £100 whereas 3500 is sold under £50
Apart from the differences discussed below, these electric toothbrushes, all come with:
- a built-in two minute timer to help you brush at 2 minutes dentist recommended brushing time
- internal and a visible pressure sensor for alerting you when you brush your teeth hard to help you overcome receding gums and teeth
- Lithium battery that when full charged can stay on up to 14 days
- UK 2 pin shaver plug charger for charging your brush. You might need to buy an adapter if you want to charge your brush anywhere in your house apart from the bathroom
- 3 cleaning modes (sensitive, daily clean and whitening).
Oral B Pro 3 3000 Review
Pro 3 3000 rechargeable electric toothbrush is one of the best value Oral B electric toothbrushes in the market today. It is an improved version of the 3000 Pro with an upgrade of the battery life from Nickel Hydride to Lithium-Ion.
With the Lithium-ion battery, you get two weeks battery life compared to 7 days of the old Nickel Hydride battery. The battery flashes red when needs charging, green when it is charging and no flash when it full charged.
Apart from that, the carry case is also included with this new 3000 electric toothbrushes.
- 2 Cleaning modes: daily clean and sensitive
- In-built quad pacer two-minute timer
- Visible pressure sensor
- 3D cleaning action
- 2 brush heads: 1 CrossAction and 1 3D White
- 2 weeks battery life
- A charging station that comes with 2 pin plug, (You need a 2 to 3 pin adaptor or a shaving socket to connect it), works on 220-240 volts
- Travel Case
- Waterproof meaning you can use it on the shower
- 2 years warranty that can be extended to three by registering it online
2 Cleaning Modes
Compared to the Oral B 4 4000 smart that comes with 3 modes, with this toothbrush, you get only 2 cleaning modes: the daily clean and the sensitive mode. The daily clean mode can be used with any brush head mainly the CrossAction to remove dental plaque on a daily basis. The sensitive mode, on the other hand, is to be used with the sensitive brush head for cleaning sensitive teeth and gums.
In-Built Quadpacer Two Minute Timer
The 3 3000 like all other Oral B electric toothbrushes, this brush comes also with a built-in timer with a pacer that buzzes after every 30 seconds and double buzz when 2 minutes recommended brushing time is over.
The 30 seconds buzz alerts you to move from the area you are brushing to another area. Basically our mouth is divided into 4 quadrants, you spend 30 seconds brushing each area with the help of the buzzing quad pacer.
Visible Pressure Sensor
The 3 3000 Pro also includes a visible pressure sensor located at the rear side of the handle. The sensor is there to help you not to over brush your teeth. Every time you press too firmly, it flashes red.
It is advised that you avoid brushing your teeth too hard as doing so may lead to wearing out of tooth enamel and hence tooth cavities, gums recession and sensitivity. The red flash on the pressure sensor will help achieve that by alerting you every time you brush too hard.
3D Cleaning Action
As you might have heard or read, the Oral B brushes employ rotary technology: oscillating, rotating and pulsating. It is claimed that this technology cleans better than Philips Sonicare motion (https://www.cochrane.org/CD002281/ORAL_poweredelectric-toothbrushes-compared-to-manual-toothbrushes-for-maintaining-oral-health).
What you get with the 3 3000 like all other mid to high-end toothbrushes is a proper tooth to tooth cleaning. You guide the brush for a few seconds each to clean each tooth individually removing up to 100% plaque.
2 CrossAction Brush Head
You get two brush heads compared to the one that you get with the best selling 2 2500 electric toothbrush.
- CrossAction brush head: This is the small round head with angled bristles for cleaning both teeth and along the gum line. And the
- 3D White brush head: This brush head is for teeth whitening. It has a whitening cup on it for scrubbing teeth surface stains giving your teeth a whiter look compared to using the CrossAction head only
- No Bluetooth connectivity, if you like this feature check the Smart 4 4000
- Like other Oral-B’s, this brush also does not switch off itself automatically after 2 minutes brushing time. You need to switch it off manually
- For deals and offers on others models, check Best Black Friday Electric Toothbrush Deals UK .
Is the Oral-B 3000 Worth It?
The Oral B 3000 comes with all the key features one need to clean their teeth which makes it worth considering buying it. Like the 3500 and 3900 pro, with the 3000 model you also get a 2 minute timer, visible pressure sensor, long lasting battery with 14 day life, 3 cleaning modes and different colour choice to choose from. And you get all these for under £50.
Oral B Pro 3 3500 Review
The Oral B Pro 3 3500 electric toothbrush is more less the same as the 3000 . Like the 3000, this 3500 model includes:
- One CrossAction brush head – The 3500 Pro as all other Oral B electric toothbrushes is compatible with most Oral B’s brush heads except io, pulsonic and sonic brush heads. This means that you can always buy any other brush head such as the 3D White, FlossAction, and Senstive head
- 3 cleaning modes (whitening, sensitive and dailyclean). This helps not only to brush your teeth daily but also to polish them with the whitening mode and use sensitive mode when you are teeth or gums are in pain
- 2 minute timer – This is the most admired feature in most electric toothbrushes as it helps you to brush your teeth at recommended denstist 2 minutes brushing time
- 14 day battery life- Like the pro3 3000, the pro 3500 includes a Lithium battery which last up to 14 days after charging it. Avoid putting it on charger daily as it damages the battery making it not able to store the charge for long time. To charge it, the brush comes with the 2 pin UK shaver plug .
- 2 colour choice: white and black compared to 4 colour choice of 3000 Pro 3 (white, blue, pink and black)
- A travel case – This what makes the 3500 stand out from the 3000 model. A travelling case helps you to store your brush and 2 brush heads safe and free from bacteria while on journey.
Oral B Pro 3 3900 Review
If you looking for the best electric toothbrush for couples, Oral B Pro 3 3900 is one of the good option in the market today. Like The pro 2 2900, the 3900 pro 3 comes with 2 sets of electric toothbrushes.
And what makes it stand out from the rest is the fact that instead of getting only one or two brush heads, the 3 3900 comes with 10 crossAction brush heads. And you get all these for under 100 pounds.
In terms of colour choice is that you can either get it in 2 black brushes or black and white or black and pink.
What are the 3 Modes on Oral-B Pro 3?
The Oral-B Pro 3 features 3 cleaning modes namely dailyclean, sensitive and whitening. Sensitive mode is for people who have sensitive teeth and need less pressure to clean their teeth. Daily clean mode is for people who have normal teeth and need more pressure to clean their teeth. Whitening mode is for people who want to polish their teeth or remove more plaque from their teeth giving them a more bright appearance.
Which is Better, Oral B 3000 , 3500 or 3900?
- Oral B Pro 3 3500 comes with a travel case while 3900 and 3000 does not include one. This means if your work involves travelling then go for the 3500 model.
- Pro 3 3000 is cheaper than the 3500 and 3900 electric toothbrushes. This means that if you’re on a budget, the 3000 model may be a better option for you. However, if you want features such as multiple brush heads, then the 3900 model may be a better option for you.
- Since they both have key main features such as long lasting battery, timer and pressure sensor then go for the 3500 Pro 3 if you want the best value electric toothbrush.
- But if you 2 sets electric toothbrush then go for Pro 3 3900.
- Check also Oral B Smart 6000 vs 6500 vs Pro 3
Last update on 2022-12-04 at 21:24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API