The best mouthwash for toothache should be a soothing elixir, providing relief when your teeth are screaming in pain. Toothaches can strike at the most inconvenient times, and having a dependable mouthwash on hand can make a world of difference. In this article, we’ll explore the key attributes of an effective toothache mouthwash and recommend five best-selling products.
Top 5 Mouthwashes for Toothache on Amazon.com
1. Orajel Oral Pain Reliever Mouthwash
- Contains 0.125% benzocaine
- Alcohol-free formula
- Fast-acting relief
- Suitable for adults and children
- Provides quick pain relief
- Gentle on sensitive teeth
- Trusted brand
- Suitable for the whole family
- Temporary relief
- May require frequent reapplication
2. CloSYS Sensitive Antimicrobial Oral Rinse
|CloSYS Healthy Teeth Oral Rinse Mouthwash - 32 Fl Oz||$13||View deal|
- Contains patented Cloralstan formula
- Alcohol-free and sulfate-free
- Long-lasting relief
- Kills harmful bacteria
- Promotes oral health
- Gentle on sensitive gums
- A bit more expensive
- Takes some time to show results
3. Dental Herb Company Tooth & Gums Tonic
|Dental Herb Company - Tooth & Gums Tonic (18 oz.) Mouthwash||$38||View deal|
- Contains essential oils like clove, cinnamon, and myrrh
- Alcohol-free and chemical-free
- Promotes gum health
- Natural ingredients
- Effective against pain and inflammation
- Supports overall oral hygiene
- Strong herbal taste
- May take time to get used to
4. Uncle Harry’s Natural Alkalizing Miracle Mouthwash
- Contains baking soda and essential oils
- Alkalizes the mouth
- Aims to maintain pH balance
- Unique formula
- Addresses pain and acidity
- Suitable for those with sensitive teeth
- May taste unusual
- Not as fast-acting as benzocaine-based mouthwashes
5. TheraBreath Dentist Formulated Fresh Breath Oral Rinse
- Contains OXYD-8 formula
- Alcohol-free and sulfate-free
- Fights bad breath and toothache pain
- Multipurpose – addresses pain and bad breath
- Long-lasting effects
- Some users may find the taste strong
- Pricey compared to standard mouthwashes
What to Look for in the Best Mouthwash for Toothache
When shopping for a toothache-relief mouthwash, it’s essential to consider the following key attributes:
1. Pain Relief
The primary purpose of a toothache mouthwash is to alleviate pain. Look for a product that contains active ingredients like benzocaine or clove oil, known for their pain-relieving properties.
2. Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Toothaches are often accompanied by inflammation. An ideal mouthwash should have anti-inflammatory agents like aloe vera or chamomile to reduce swelling.
3. Antibacterial Action
Oral health is crucial when dealing with toothaches. A mouthwash with antibacterial properties, such as tea tree oil or hydrogen peroxide, can help prevent infections.
4. Alcohol-Free Formula
Alcohol can worsen tooth sensitivity. Opt for a mouthwash that is alcohol-free to avoid any discomfort.
A toothache can strike suddenly, so you need a mouthwash that works quickly. Look for a product that offers rapid relief within minutes.
When choosing the best mouthwash for toothache, keep in mind the specific attributes mentioned above. Additionally, consider your personal preferences, such as taste and texture. Always read product labels and consult with your dentist if you have any concerns about compatibility with your dental condition.
Finding the best mouthwash for toothache can bring much-needed relief when you’re suffering from dental discomfort. Each of the recommended products offers unique advantages, so choose the one that aligns with your needs and preferences. Remember to follow the instructions on the packaging for the best results.
FAQs About Toothache Mouthwash
1. How often can I use toothache mouthwash?
- You can generally use toothache mouthwash as often as needed for pain relief. However, it’s essential to follow the product’s instructions for dosage and frequency.
2. Can children use toothache mouthwash?
- Some mouthwashes are suitable for both adults and children. Be sure to choose a product that specifies it is safe for children if needed.
3. Are natural toothache mouthwashes as effective as those with benzocaine?
- Natural toothache mouthwashes can be effective, but they may take longer to provide relief compared to benzocaine-based products.
4. Can I use toothache mouthwash for other oral issues?
- Some toothache mouthwashes also address bad breath and other oral issues. Check the product description to see if it suits your needs.
5. Are there any side effects of using toothache mouthwash?
- While toothache mouthwashes are generally safe when used as directed, some people may experience mild irritation or a temporary numbing sensation. If you experience any adverse effects, discontinue use and consult a dentist.
Remember that the effectiveness of a toothache mouthwash may vary from person to person, so it’s a good idea to try different products until you find the one that works best for you.
Dr. Tom Bell has a PhD in Medical Anthropology. He has a keen interest in oral health topics and is the founder of dentalrave. He has been an oral health researcher and electric toothbrush enthusiast for over 10 years. Tom works with Awin and others in his research. When not talking about dental hygiene and gadgets, Tom likes spending time outdoors hiking.
Last update on 2023-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents