The key difference between Oral B Pro 2 2000, 2500 and 2900 is that the Pro 2 2000 and 2500 come with one brush handle but the Oral B Pro 2 2900 comes with 2 set of electric toothbrushes. Additionally, the Pro 2 2500 comes with a travel case while the Pro 2 2000 and 2900 do not.
And in terms of colour choice differences, the Pro 2 2000 electric toothbrush comes in blue colour only, while the Pro 2500 and 2900 comes in black and pink.
|Oral B Pro 2 2000||Oral B Pro 2 2500||Oral B Pro 2 2900|
|Check it out!||Check it out!||Check it out!|
Table of Contents
Oral B Pro 2 2500 vs 2900
The key difference between Oral B Pro 2 2500 and 2900 is that Pro 2 2500 comes with one brush handle plus a travelling case but the Oral B Pro 2 2900 has 2 brush handles but no travel case.
In case you want a travelling case for the 2900 model, you can buy it as a separate unit for under £10.
For couples, Oral B Pro 2 2900 is the best electric toothbrush to go for. You get one pink and one black brush handle, 2 brush heads and one 2 UK pin charger to share between the two. But, for individuals, Oral B Pro 2 2500 is more than enough.
Oral B Pro 2 2000 vs 2500
The main difference between Oral B Pro 2 2000 and 2500 is that the Pro 2 2000 lacks travelling case but the Oral B Pro 2 2500 includes a basic clear plastic carry case that is capable of holding one brush handle and 2 brush heads.
Pro 2 2500 brush handle is coloured pink or black at the front also contrasted by white at the back but Pro 2 2000’s handle is blue or pink at the front contrasted by white color at the back
And in terms of colour differences, the Oral B 2000 model comes in pink/white and blue/white while the Oral B 2500 comes in black/white and pink/white.
Oral B Pro 2 2000 vs 2900
The key difference between Oral B Pro 2 2000 and 2900 is that the Pro 2 2000 comes with one brush handle but the Oral B Pro 2 2900 comes with 2 sets of electric toothbrushes.
They both however, lack a travelling case.
Another difference is on colour choice whereas Oral B Pro 2 2900 comes in black and pink colour but the Pro 2 2000 come in blue colour only
And in term of price differences, the Pro 2 2000 is cheaper than 2 2900.
- Brush head: They both come with Oral B brush head (s) either the CrossAction, 3D white or Sensitive brush head. And the brush head is the one that differentiate the naming one brush from the other. For instance, the Oral B 2000 CrossAction electric toothbrush or 2 2500 or 2 2900 CrossAction implies each of the two comes with a CrossAction brush head and so forth.
- They both has a built-in 2-minute timer with pacer and pressure sensor
- Each includes two cleaning modes: daily clean and gum care
- The 2000 and 2500 handles are both waterproof meaning they can be used in the shower but avoid submerging them on water.
- They both offer with 2 year warranty that can be extended to three years freely by remembering to register the brush on Oral B website
- Both include a charging station with 2 pin plug that can be connected to most UK 2 pin sockets found in the bathrooms. If you don’t have on, you can buy a 2 to 3 pin adaptor available in Amazon and
- They both use a Lithium-ion battery that when fully charged can stay up to 2 weeks time before recharging.
- Price: Pro 2 2500 is more cheaper than 2 2000 and 2900 models. The 2900 model is more pricey because you get 2 electric toothbrushes versus one of the 2000 and 2500 Oral B electric toothbrushes.
Oral B Pro 2 2500 Review
Oral B Pro 2 2500 is more or less the same as the 2 2000 with only a few differences related to a travel case and different colour handle. It is quite basic and cheap when compared to the premium Oral B electric toothbrushes like Genius 9000 with more features and a lot of bells and whistles.
- 2 cleaning modes: daily clean and gum care making it one of the best electric toothbrush for sensitive teeth and gums
- Built-in 2 minute timer with pacer
- Built-in pressure sensor
- Blue bristles that fade with time
- 1 brush head
- 3D cleaning action: rotates, vibrates and pulsates
- Travel case
- 2 weeks battery life (Lithium-ion battery) with a battery indicator that flashed red when charger runs off, green when it is charging and none when it is full.
- 2-year warranty that can be extended to three by registering it
- No Bluetooth Connectivity
- Lacks whitening and tongue cleaning mode in case you want to use it for whitening your teeth by removing surface stains or cleaning your tongue respectively.
2 Cleaning Modes
The Oral B electric toothbrush Pro 2 2500 same as the 2000 model comes with two cleaning modes: the daily clean mode for regular use to remove dental plaque on your teeth and the gum care for gently cleaning and massaging your gums especially when they are sensitive to cold or hot food/drinks.
Basically these are two main features that most people consider as worth paying for. However, if you want other cool features like the whitening, deep clean, sensitive and tongue clean modes. You have to go for premium models like the 8000 or 9000 with triple the price of the 2500 with triple the price of 2500.
When brushing, remember not only to brush your teeth but also the gums by placing the toothbrush at 45 degrees. This is because bacteria not only accumulate in the teeth but also along the gum line causing gum disease.
You change from the daily cleaning mode to gum care by pressing the on and off button twice.
Built-In 2 Minute Timer with Pacer
This is the most important feature available in all electric toothbrushes ranging from low entry to premium modes. It helps you clean at the recommended 2 minutes dentist recommended time for healthy teeth and gums.
The pacer buzzes after every 30 seconds of brushing to alert you to move on from where you are brushing to brushing another mouth area until all 4 mouth area is cleaned. And the timer alerts you when 2 minutes cleaning time is complete; you will hear the pacer buzzes twice.
When the time is over, you have to switch the brush off manually. This is quite different from the Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes that switch themselves off automatically when the 2 minute brushing time is over.
Built-In Visible Pressure Sensor
This is also another important feature found in most Oral B toothbrushes except in the basic entry like the vitality plus and 600 models.
What this feature does is that it alerts you when you brush your teeth too hard. You will hear dental professional recommending the use of soft bristles toothbrushes and not putting too much when brushing your teeth. This is because doing so does not remove more plaque-like most people think but rather it wear out your tooth enamel and gums leading to tooth sensitivity, decay and receding gums.
Every time you brush hard, the sensor located at the rear end of your brush handle will flash red to remind you to reduce to be gentle.
Basically, with an electric toothbrush, you are not allowed not even to scrub your teeth as we do with manual toothbrushes rather guide the electric brush to do its work.
Blue Bristles That Fades With Time
Like all Oral B models, this toothbrush has blue bristle indicators that fade with time as you use the brush from blue to pale blue. This is to alert you to change your brush head. Essentially, you need to change the brush head every three months time.
The brush head accumulates bacteria with time and sometimes its bristles wear out. Continue using it in this condition cause more harm to your teeth than good. Therefore changing the brush head on time is always a good idea.
1 Brush Head
The pro 2 2500 comes with one brush head. This can be either the CrossAction, 3D white or. Otherwise, the brush is compatible with all Oral B brush heads in case you want to try a different head next time. And its handle is waterproof meaning that you can use it in the shower but remember not to soak it on water.
3D Cleaning Action
The Oral B 2500 offers the 3D cleaning action which is considered to be the best cleaning movement in removing up to 100% tooth plaque. This is compared to the 2D cleaning movement found in Vitality Plus rechargeable electric toothbrush.
The travel case is what mainly differentiates the 2 2500 from the 2000. The brush includes the standard clear plastic travelling case that is capable of holding one brush handle and two brush heads.
You also get a charging station with 2 pin plug that can be connected in most UK bathroom socket or on a 2 to 3 pin adaptor if you have one.
Oral B Pro 2 2000 Review
Oral B Pro 2 2000 is one of the mid-range electric toothbrushes. It is an upgrade of the 2000 toothbrush. With the 2 2000, they have improved the battery life to last a bit longer.
- 2 cleaning modes: the daily clean mode and the gum care mode.
- A ‘visible pressure sensor’
- A 2-minute timer
- 16 days battery life and
- 3D oscillation movement
- 3-year warranty. To get three years warranty, you will need to remember to register it
- It does not include a travel case when compared to the 2500
- It comes with only one brush head, the crossAction. However, this toothbrush is compatible with all Oral B electric toothbrush heads. You can always buy a new brush head as you feel necessary.
2 Cleaning Modes
Like all the Oral B 2000 models like the 2500; the 2000 electric toothbrush also comes with 2 cleaning modes. The daily clean mode and the gum care mode. This is different from the 600, 650 and the vitality plus models that comes with only one cleaning mode, the daily clean.
- You use the daily clean mode regularly to remove plaque on your teeth and
- The gum care mode is for cleaning your gums (Read more about cleaning modes here).
Visible Pressure Sensor
At the back of its handle is where you find the ‘visible pressure sensor’. Its aim is to help you keep control of how you brush your teeth. Every time you guide the brush head to brush your teeth too hard by pressing the head too hard, the pressure sensor flashes red. This is to remind you that brushing too hard is not good for your teeth; It wears out your enamel causing teeth sensitivity in the long run.
2 Minute Timer
This toothbrush features a 2-minute timer that helps you to brush your teeth at the recommended 2 minutes time. It buzzes after every 30 seconds of brushing to help you move the brush head from one mouth quadrant to another. The timer is located on the toothbrush handle.
14 Days Battery Life
The 2000 just like the premium toothbrush 9000 Genius comes with a lithium-ion battery. It works on 220-240 volts. This battery has the ability to last up to 16 days when fully charged compared to the 7 days of the old 2000 toothbrush battery.
Its charging station comes with a 2 pin plug where you can easily fit it into a shaving socket to charge it. Alternatively, you can decide to buy a 2 pin adaptor which you will see it added as an add-on at the time of buying the toothbrush on Amazon.
Otherwise, it takes about 8 hours to fully charge the battery.
3D Oscillation Movement
The Pro 2000 cleans teeth in 3D motion: oscillation, rotation and pulsation. This action of cleaning teeth in 3D motion is considered to be the best technology in removing plaque than the 2D motion toothbrushes (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/292833774_Clinical_efficacy_comparison_of_oscillationrotationpulsation_and_sonic_electric_toothbrushes_-_Metaanalysis).
The only thing that differentiates Oral-B Pro 2 2000 from 2900 is the number of toothbrushes you get.
Whereas with the Pro 2 2900, you get 2 sets of toothbrushes, with the 2000 you get only one toothbrush.
You get 2 the 2900 electric toothbrush at almost double the price of the 2000.
And the main differences between the Oral B Pro 2 2000 and 2500N is the travel case.
While pro 2500 comes with a travelling case but 2000 , on the other hand, does not include a travel case.
|Oral B Pro 2 2000||Oral B Pro 2 2500||Oral B Pro 2 2900|
|Check it out!||Check it out!||Check it out!|
If you are looking for the best on budget electric toothbrush for couples then the Oral B Pro 2 2900 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush is the best. If you travel a lot and want only one brush for yourself or just a gift for your dear one, then, Pro 2 2500 is the best. The Oral B 2500 has more features than the 2000 model and on top of that it is often cheaper than the pro 2 2000 Oral B electric toothbrush.
Otherwise, all of these toothbrushes are waterproof meaning you can use them on the shower. And they are all, less in the same price range.
- Oral B Pro 1 600 vs Pro 2 2000 vs Pro 3 3000 (Differences & Comparison)
- Oral B Pro 600 vs 650 vs 670 vs 680 (Differences & Comparison)
Dr. Tom Bell holds a doctorate in Medical Anthropology and is passionate about oral health. He is the creator of dentalrave and has dedicated over a decade to researching and promoting oral health. His goal is to offer trustworthy and free expert guidance on a diverse range of dental products, tips, methods, and topics, with the aim of making it easily accessible to everyone. It is hoped that this blog will assist you in identifying the appropriate methods and oral care products to enhance and maintain your dental health.