The main difference between Oral B Genius X, 9000 and 8000 is that the Genius X has 6 cleaning modes but, the Genius 9000 and 8000 have 5 lacking the tongue cleaning mode. The Genius X modes are sensitive, gum care, daily clean, deep clean, whitening and tongue cleaning.
Another difference is in the number of brush heads you get in which Genius X comes with only one brush head but, the Oral B Genius 9000 comes with 4 and the Genius 8000 has 3.
|Oral B Genius X||Oral B Genius 9000||Oral B Genius 8000|
|£99.99||£204.89||Price not available|
|Check it out!||Check it out!||Check it out!|
More Differences between Oral B Genius X vs 9000 vs 8000
- At the core of the Genius models is the position detection functionality that helps you get feedback as you brush your teeth so as not to miss a zone in course of your brushing.
- Both Oral B Genius X, 9000 and 8000 include a position detection feature but for the Genius 9000 and 8000 position detection feature to work you have to have your phone with you (video yourself brushing).
- Meanwhile, with the Genius X 10000 you do not need to have the phone with you all the time unless you want to see graphics on how you are brushing in real-time.
- Position detection is achieved by using Bluetooth connectivity to pair the toothbrush with a smart device, mainly smartphones. The Bluetooth connectivity enables you to not only see how you are brushing by using the front-facing phone camera, but it also transfers data to an app that can be used to improve our tooth cleaning.
- Oral B 10000 Genius X comes in : Anthracite Grey, blush pink, rose gold, and midnight black colours; whereas the Genius 9000 comes in : Rose-gold, White, Black, Orchid purple and silver) colour to choose from compared to 8000 model that comes in white and black colour only.
- Oral B Genius 8000 is cheaper than Genius 9000 and 10000 Oral B electric toothbrushes.
Table of Contents
Oral B Genius 10000 vs 9000 Key Differences
- The main difference between Oral B Genius 10000 and 9000 is that Genius 10000 has 6 cleaning modes and one brush head but the Genius 9000 has 5 modes and 4 brush heads.
- Genius 10000 modes are sensitive, gum care, daily clean, deep clean, whitening and tongue cleaning. The Genius 9000 model too has all of the these modes except the tongue cleaning mode
- Both Oral B Genius 9000 and 10000 have the ability to detect which tooth you are brushing and which ones you have missed and show you graphically using the Oral B app. However:
- For the Genius 9000 position detection feature to work you have to have your phone with you (video yourself brushing). Meanwhile, with the Oral B 10000 you do not need to have the phone with you all the time unless you want to see graphics on how you are brushing in real-time.
- Through Bluetooth connectivity, Genius X 10000 connects to an Android app to track your brushing using a mobile phone camera. As you watch yourself brushing the app gives you information on any zone you have missed.
- Oral B Genius 9000 comes in : Rose-gold, White, Black, Orchid purple and silver) colour to choose from whereas Oral B 10000 Genius X comes in : Anthracite Grey, blush pink, rose gold, and midnight black colours
- Genius 9000 is cheaper than the 10000 , Genius X Limited version model.
Oral B Genius 10000 vs 8000 Difference
- Oral B Genius 10000 X electric toothbrush contains 6 brushing modes and one brush head but, Genius 8000 comes with 5 cleaning modes and three brush heads.
- They both come with (sensitive, gum care, daily clean, deep clean and whitening). However, Genius X 10000 includes one more mode, a tongue cleaning in which the Oral B 8000 lacks it.
- In 2016, Oral B introduces the Genius 8000 model with position detection feature as its selling point. By connecting your Genius 8000 with Oral B app via Bluetooth you can easily see graphically on your phone which area you are brushing and where you have missed or brushed too hard.
- And for the Genius 8000’s position detection feature to work, you are asked to brush your teeth while front-facing your phone camera. To aid this the Oral B Genius 8000 come with a phone holder that can be attached to the bathroom tiles or mirror. Now with the Oral B Genius X 10000, you do not have to video yourself brushing.
- However, in case you want to see the feedback instantly you have to have your phone with you right there. Otherwise, the brush will continue recording and keeping data for up to 30 days for you to view them at your own convenience time.
- Oral B 8000 Genius is cheaper than the 10000 Genius X Oral B electric toothbrush model.
Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9000
- The key difference between Oral B Genius 8000 and 9000 is that the Genius 8000 electric toothbrush has 5 modes plus 3 brush heads but Oral B Genius 9000 has 6 modes and 4 brush heads.
- Genius 9000 modes includes sensitive, gum care, daily clean, deep clean, whitening and tongue cleaning). The 8000 Genius lacks the tongue brushing mode.
- The 9000 toothbrush heads are Cross-action, FlossAction, Sensitive and 3D White compared to the 8000 brush heads (CrossAction, 3DWhite and Sensitive)
- Oral B 8000 Genius was first of the Oral B premium models that featured the cutting edge position detection technology, a feature that cuts across all genius models. However, unlike the 9000 Genius, it does not have tongue cleaner functionality.
- Oral B Genius 9000 has a more prestigious travel case that can also be used as a USB charger for your toothbrush but, the Genius 8000 has a travel case that doesn’t have USB charging capability via the travel case.
- Genius 9000 comes in five distinct colours (Rose-gold, Silver, Orchid, Black and white) whereas, the Oral B Genius 8000 Genius comes in white and black colour only.
- Oral B 8000 is cheaper than the 9000 Oral B Genius electric toothbrush
All the Genius models have Lithium battery which lasts long, 48 straight hours after a full charge. This translates to 12 days of brushing twice a day.
All the Genius models have a smartphone holder that you can mount on the wall to enable you to visualise your brushing.
They also all have a smart ring and a pressure sensor to alert you when you are brushing too hard. All the Genius models are compatible with all Oral B brush heads.
- They all come with a built-in timer with a pacer to help you brush at recommended dentists two minutes time, twice a day.
- Both have a 3D LED SmartRing visible pressure sensor to alerts you when brushing hard
- They both use a lithium-ion battery that stays up to 2 weeks time when fully charged before a need to recharge it again
- They are both Bluetooth connected to help you connect your brush to the Oral B app for real-time coaching and tracking
- Employ 3D cleaning action (rotates, vibrates and pulsates) to remove up to 100% dental plaque when compared to using a manual toothbrush
- Both come with a USB travel case that can charge your brush and your smartphone at the same time
- they both Use lithium-ion battery that when fully charged can last up to two weeks time before a need to recharge it again.
- Both have 6 cleaning modes to cater for all your cleaning needs (daily clean, sensitive, gum care, tongue care, deep clean and whitening)
- Uses round brush for a tooth to tooth cleaning effect and employs 3D cleaning action capable of removing up to 100% plaque than a manual toothbrushes.
Oral B Genius 9000 Review
Oral-B Genius 9000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush is a top of the range electric toothbrush that comes with cutting edge features that have taken teeth brushing to another level.
- It comes with six cleaning modes to help you address every aspect of your teeth cleaning. The modes are (Sensitive, Daily Clean, White, Pro-Clean, Gum-care and Tongue cleaner )
- The Braun Oral B 9000 comes in six colours which give you the choice to choose a colour befitting your style.
- It comes with a pressure sensor to keep your gums healthy and protect from them from hard brushing.
- It has three pressure controls to help you regulate the intensity. You can choose to clean more gently to protect your gums.
- It gives you feedback to help you brush better via smartphone Bluetooth connectivity with the Oral B app.
- It has the latest technology of position detection that visually tracks how you are brushing, It helps you to know the zones you have missed so that you can re-do them.
- Like most rechargeable toothbrushes the 9000 cross-action comes with an integrated timer and pacer to help you brush the way dentists recommend.
- It has six cleaning modes that cater to all your teeth cleaning needs.
- It has long-lasting Li-on batteries that can last up to 12 days on a single charge (brushing twice a day).
The toothbrush holder is a bit awkward to use.
It’s not very convenient using the position detection in the bathroom because water might spill on your smart android phone.
The Oral-B Genius 9000 Electric Toothbrush is a linear progression of the 8000 Genius. It hit the market in 2016. However, it is modelled from the 6000 or 6500 models that were introduced in 2014. These (6000/6500) were the first set of rechargeable toothbrushes to have Bluetooth technology pairing. They have more or less similar cleaning models apart from the tongue cleaner. For a detailed comparison of the 6000/6500 and 9000 check here.
Thanks to Bluetooth pairing, we now have position detection technology which is the breakthrough idea behind the Genius models.
Position Detection Technology
The Pro 9000 is the latest in the Genius range models that are really pushing the boundaries of technology to aid you have all-round teeth brushing experience. The key feature of this premium toothbrush is the position technology. This technology with the help of your phone by using the front-facing camera on your phone enables you to get a visual representation of how you are brushing. In so doing it highlights zones you have missed so that you can re-do them.
Research indicates that the major cause of most teeth problems is inadequate brushing due to missing different zones of your mouth in the course of brushing.
The positioning technology works hand in hand with the Oral B app, Bluetooth connectivity and a microchip that is integrated into the brush head. You will need to download the app from Google Play on your Android phone.
Oral B Smart Ring
Other features that pad this premium toothbrush is the multi-coloured smart ring. This feature is also in most premium models. The smart ring is right at the neck of the toothbrush handle. It an LED light that illuminates whenever triggered.
Brushing with too much pressure will trigger the pressure sensor to illuminate red LED light to alert you that you are brushing too hard.
The Smart ring is also triggered when the timers and pacers kick in. It can be customised to illuminate different colours of your choice.
There are six cleaning modes in this model. These are:
- Daily Clean
- Gum Care
- Tongue Cleaner
Contents of the Box (Accessories)
A brand new toothbrush comes with four brush heads (cross action, sensitive, Floss Action and 3D white). The Cross-action is the most battle-tested brush head and is suitable for daily clean. While sensitive alongside gum care mode are suitable for sensitive teeth. The 3D white is for whitening and Floss action flossing.
A Smart premium travel case that has a USB charging port through which you can recharge your toothbrush using a smart device like a tablet or Android phone.
Smart charger for your travel case
Holder for your smartphone
Storage compartment for your toothbrush
Main charging station
Braun Oral B Genius 9000 electric rechargeable toothbrush
The Different Variants/Colours
This toothbrush comes with a range of variations; some of the variations are merely on the basis of their colour.
As the name suggests this toothbrush is Rose Gold in colour with a blend of White on the handle. To give it an exquisite look; the brush head and the travelling case is white in colour. The box contents are the standard accessory described above.
This was introduced a year after the first 9000 hit the shelves. It has similar box contents with other 9000 variants. It has an orchid purple colour on the handle that is integrated with white strips that gives it a premium finish.
`This was one of those introduced in 2016. As you would expect, it has a white handle, brush heads and premium travel case.
As the name suggests, this has a black handle and travelling case. However, the brush heads are white in colour. It was introduced in 2016.
Midnight Black :
This is a more recent introduction and it breaks from the trend of having 4 different brush heads for the different cleaning modes. You get 4 brush heads but all of them are CrossAction brush heads.
Comes with standard box contents. It is Silver in colour blended with strands of white. The brush heads are white in colour. It was first introduced in 2016.
Genius 9000s (sensitive)
The s stands for sensitive. It comes with two sensitive brush heads and two CrossAction brush heads. The brush handle is Black in colour while the brush head and travelling case are black in colour
Where to Buy It?
At the time of writing, the 9000 was not available in most supermarkets but you could get it at Argos, eBay, Superdrug, Boots, Amazon, Chemist Direct and Curry’s PC World. You are likely to find a better price if you buy from Amazon.
Key Features that Set the 9000 Genius Apart (Advantages)
Oral-B Genius 9000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush because it has features that enhance your teeth cleaning. One of these features is:
- Triple pressure sensor which enables you to vary the intensity of the 3D movements (pulsations, oscillations and rotations)
- It has a Pro-clean mode that gives you 3000 more movements that the usual 3D movements.
- It has a 360 smart ring, pressure sensor, long battery life ( 2 days more than other Oral B toothbrush models),
- Other features include a premium travel case, USB charging and the breakthrough position detection technology.
- 2 years warrant that can be extended to three by registering it on Oral B site.
- The position detection technology though impressive but is a hassle to set up especially when you want to spend only a few minutes brushing your teeth.
- It’s a bit pricey
- It doesn’t come with a UK socket, which is a bit of a disappointment.
The Oral-B Genius 9000 is the most premium toothbrush at the time of writing, however, there is the talk of the Oral B 10,000 but it might not be very different from the 9000. It has the breakthrough position detection technology that gives you feedback when brushing. It has six cleaning modes and a 360 smart ring that all together give you enhanced teeth cleaning experience.
|Oral B Genius X||Oral B Genius 9000||Oral B Genius 8000|
|£99.99||£204.89||Price not available|
|Check it out!||Check it out!||Check it out!|
Check out the Black Friday Oral B Electric Toothbrush Deals
- Oral B Genius 8900 vs 9000 vs 9900 Review
- Oral B Pro 3 3000 vs Smart 4 4000 vs Smart 5 5000 Comparison
Dr. Tom Bell holds a doctorate in Medical Anthropology and is passionate about oral health. He is the creator of dentalrave and has dedicated over a decade to researching and promoting oral health. His goal is to offer trustworthy and free expert guidance on a diverse range of dental products, tips, methods, and topics, with the aim of making it easily accessible to everyone. It is hoped that this blog will assist you in identifying the appropriate methods and oral care products to enhance and maintain your dental health.