Best Electric Toothbrush for Plaque Removal UK 2023: Most dentists recommend using an electric toothbrush when battling plaque. Some toothbrushes are better at cleaning teeth than others; though, no toothbrush can give you a 100% guarantee for plaque prevention.
This is why we should follow up our brushing with flossing. Together brushing and flossing will keep teeth looking their best. You can also opt for best electric toothbrush waterpik combo.
Best selling electric toothbrush for Plaque control:
Last update on 2023-06-03 at 11:56 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
Best Oral B Electric Toothbrush for Plaque Removal
Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush also known as the Oral B Genius 10000 employs the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI), the new buzz in technology. Following a string of experiments, the toothbrush is fitted with AI software that tracks how you brush your teeth. It will remind you where you have missed. Research shows that the main cause of tooth decays and most oral complications.
It also has gum guard technology which when combined with the Oral B app gives you feedback to enhance the oral health of your teeth and gums. This feedback is invaluable because it highlights areas you miss and where you need to focus on in your brushing.
- Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush was released on September 2019 and is primed to cost around $ 279 in the USA or £ 220 in the UK. However, you can get it on Amazon because they hit the shelves a few days before Prime Day.
- The X is Oral-B’s attempt to stay ahead of its competitors in regard to new features in their toothbrushes. They are the first to have pressure sensors on their models, a feature that is now also present in their main competitors, Sonicare.
- Bluetooth connectivity was also first mooted by Oral B to help users to brush better, then this was complemented with position detection. Position detection is the main feature that defines Genius models. Both Genius 8000, 9000, 9600 have position detection functionality. In this feature, ou mount your mobile phone on the wall then use the phone camera in conjunction with Bluetooth and the App as an intrinsic mirror to show you how well you are brushing.
- All this is well and good but the idea of mounting your phone and using its camera is quite honestly cumbersome and in most cases not practical. Most of us brush teeth as a quick morning routine and in most cases under pressure of time to get ready as quickly as you can to start your day. In such situations, there is no time to mount your phone on the wall. There is also the inconvenience of handling your phone with water which may damage your phone.
- This is the feedback the manufacturer factored in designing the X that has AI. With X, there is no need to use your phone camera or mount your phone on the wall but an algorithm is used to determine which areas you have missed.
The Genius X has four variants: The difference markers are mainly colour variations, accessories included in the box and the handles.
Oral B Genius X 10000 vs 9000 vs 8000 Review
Oral B Smart 5 5000
Last update on 2023-06-02 at 18:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIOral B Smart 5 5000 is the mid-range electric toothbrush between the Oral B Smart 4 4000 and Smart 6 6000. It is an improved version of the old Oral-B SmartSeries 5000 with battery life improvement from Nickel Hydride that lasts from 5 to 7 days to Lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 2 weeks time.
- 5 cleaning modes same as the Oral B Smart 6 6000: daily clean, gum care, sensitive, pro-clean, and whitening
- Visible pressure sensor
- 2-minute timer with quad pacer
- 3D cleaning motion
- Travel case compared to the Oral B Smart 4 4000 that comes with none
- A charging station that holds up to 4 brush heads
- Bluetooth technology
- Battery indicator
- Waterproof handle
- Phone holder
- 3 brush heads: CrossAction, 3D White and Sensitive
- 2 weeks of battery life (Lithium-ion battery)
- 2 years warranty that can be extended to 3 years free of charge by remembering to register your toothbrush on Oral-B site.
- Oral B Smart 4 4000 vs 5 5000 vs 6 6000 vs 7 7000
Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite
Last update on 2023-06-02 at 19:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite :This is one of the best Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes today. It features 2 cleaning modes: the daily clean and whitening modes. However, the HealthyWhite lacks the polish, sensitive and gum care modes when compared to the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean.
What It Offers Offers:
- The healthy white is clinically proven, to remove stains left by coffee, red wine or even tea.
- Has a unique dynamic cleaning action that efficiently and gently reaches deep between your teeth and along your gum lines to give you the ultimate brushing experience.
- Features a slim angled neck, an ultra high bristle speed, and contoured fit bristles.
- It comes with an embedded smart timer that will ensure that you brush according to dentists recommendations.
- Its ProResults brush head has a contoured fit and wider bristle ranges. It also has a unique angled neck that not only gives you a wide tooth coverage.
- All these features will give you a greater power to remove plaques easily in the tough to reach areas of the mouth.
- This, this toothbrush comes with a travel charger and a travel case.
- Comes with a quadpacer for an all round and effective complete cleaning of your dental.
- It has a reminder bristles feature for complete control.
- It is very easy to hold due to its small neck design.
- This Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush has an easy to open packaging.
- Its brushes can last a very long time; approximately 3 to 6 months.
- Its travel case and charged that wraps quickly make it convenient to move around with
- Its motor gives it strong vibrations that make it brush better
Some of the customers have expressed dissatisfaction with this Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush claiming that: The HealthyWhite is relatively expensive.
Check Philips Sonicare Healthywhite vs Protectiveclean Review
Best Budget Electric Toothbrush for Plaque Removal
Last update on 2023-06-02 at 22:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean includes a handy case for travel. It comes with a pressure sensor, two-week battery life and also brush head replacement alerts thanks to the Sonicare Proprietary Brushnsync. Additionally, the 4300 Protectiveclean includes a two-minute timer, split into thirty-second intervals.
- Smart brush head replacement alert
- Pressure sensor and brushing timers
- Handy travelling case for whenever you spend time from home
- Expensive replacement toothbrush heads
The Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4300 exists in 3 different colours. You are able to purchase it in white, light pink or even yellow. The brush is stylish and slim and surely looks the part. All 3 colours are going to look great on the bathroom shelf, although it’s worth noting that whichever colour you purchase the toothbrush heads which are provided are white.
The Philips Sonicare electric-powered toothbrush comes with a pressure sensor. Your toothbrush stops automatically in case you are applying excessive pressure.
A two-minute timer allows you to ensure that you clean as long as recommended by dentists. Split into thirty-second sections, additionally, it helps with brushing every quadrant of the mouth just for the correct amount of time.
The Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4300 is unquestionably better than cleaning with a mechanical brush The integrated timer and pacer are extremely welcomed as would be the instant power off and EasyStart solutions.
Simplicity is available in the form of only one cleaning function, with the choice of switching the cleaning intensity between low and high.
The BrushSync replacement reminder is useful and clever and a remarkable illustration of just how technology may be utilized in very simple but powerful methods to enhance dental health.
Check, Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4300 vs 5100 vs 6100.
Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Electric Toothbrush
Last update on 2023-06-03 at 06:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health electric toothbrush employs Sonicare cleaning technology that is scientifically proven to be more effective in removing more plaque than ordinary brushes. It claims to remove 100% plaque.
It has a hard travel case which is perfect for traveling. The case holds the toothbrush and its parts securely and protects it from damage.
It features three intensity cleaning modes, hence the name Sonicare 3 series gum health electric toothbrush. These settings include a ProResults gum health brush that gently scrapes plaque from your gums.
The profile of the brush head emulates the shape of a cup which is said to not only clean both your gums and teeth but does so gently to remove plaque.
- It has dual colored battery charge display to help you monitor the level of charge.
- It sizable and easy to slip into any traveling bag without fuss. It has a handy snap-on easy grip handle and a blue bristle that remind you when then the brush head is due for a change.
- It employs the sonic cleaning technology that produces up to 31000 bristle strokes per minute is scientifically proven to remove 6 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- It greatly reduces gingivitis by improving the health of your gums.
- It has a Smart-timer (alerts you when you have brushed for the dentist recommended two minutes) and a quadpacer (helps you clean each section of your mouth effectively by ensuring that you spend at least 30 seconds on each quarter of your mouth).
- It has an easy start feature that reduces the number of brush strokes per minute so as to give you time to adapt to the Sonicare cleaning technology.
- It comes with a solid two years guarantee for peace of mind.
Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health rechargeable toothbrush is excellent on your gums and teeth due to its ProResults gum health that is gentle and effective in removing plaque. It has the potential of reducing and even reversing gingivitis. You get two years guarantee which is an indication that this toothbrush is build to last.
Philips Sonicare 2 Series vs 3 Series Review
Philips Sonicare 2100
Last update on 2023-06-02 at 20:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Philips Sonicare 2100 Series is a good toothbrush. It’s lightweight and slim. It does a great job of removing plaque. 2100 serves those searching for a cheaper choice of effectively brushing teeth. It benefits from the minimal and slimmer deal with a design that makes it an attractive and lightweight item. The handle is grey in colour, accented by a mint green coloured power button.
- Two intensity options – choose between high and low power
- Timer and pacer encourage brush for the suggested time
- Slim handle design – easy and stylish to maintain clean
- USB charging stand helps it be much more convenient for some
- Unlike some models, it doesn’t have a pressure sensor to inform you when you brush too hard.
- Cleaning action not as effective as premium models – brush motor configured differently
- USB charger helps it be much less convenient for some
What you get in the Package
- It is packaged with one x White Sonicare 2100 brush handle
- One x White C1 Simply Clean brush top with travel cap
- One x White USB charging stand
- Sonic cleaning actions – 31,000 brush strokes per minute
- Two brushing intensities
- Two-minute timer and thirty-second pacer
- Automatic power-off It shares a similar chassis look to 1100, 3100 as well as 4100 Series.
- Philips Sonicare 1100 vs 2100 DailyClean Electric Toothbrush Review
Know How the Plague Enemy Works
If you examine your gum line you will notice that it is covered in a soft tacky film called plaque. Despite it’s benign appearance it is not innocuous. This substance is made up of bacteria. Bacteria hardens the soft film on your teeth and makes plaque removal difficult. When this substance hardens on the teeth you can experience tooth damage. You could also experience cavities or even tooth loss. Looking after your teeth on a daily basis results in less trips to the dentist.
Brush and Floss
To prevent the formation of plague you need to brush your teeth at minimum two times daily. Flossing needs to be completed at minimum once daily. To get the most out of these preventive measures you need to focus on your technique. Doing these cleaning activities the right way will ensure healthy teeth.
Brush Your Teeth
Are you brushing long enough? When it comes to brushing dentists suggest that you do the activity for at least two minutes. Every stroke of the brush must be made using a consistent speed for the duration of the activity. An electric toothbrush is able to complete this task better than a manual brush; however, you still need to make sure all areas of your mouth get brushed. Remember to brush the tongue in addition to the teeth because it retains plenty of bacteria,
Floss Your Teeth
When you floss your teeth you tackle the hidden spaces between the teeth where food can hide. You need to make three stroke with your dental floss between each tooth. Start at the bottom of the tooth and work your way to the top each time. This will help you remove any food stuck in between the teeth. Flossing helps keep plague from developing between teeth.
Note: Regular checkups with your dentist should be made. A dentist can head off any small issues you may have before they become much larger costly problems. This is especially important for anyone who suffers from regular dental issues.
Plague removal can be challenging. It can be expensive to visit the dentist every time you discover a new stain on your teeth. Fortunately there are things you are capable of doing to promote good oral health. Keep your gums and teeth in optimal health by minimizing the development of plague build up.
Prevent gingivitis by using a rotating motion instead of the typical side to side movement. This is the best way to get rid of plaque researchers have found. If you are serious about the health of your teeth you will want to pick up the best electric toothbrush for plaque control available; however, any toothbrush cannot do an effective cleaning job alone. Remember to floss in conjunction with brushing to keep your teeth healthy and avoid multiple trips to the dentist.
Dr. Tom Bell holds a doctorate in Medical Anthropology and is passionate about oral health. He is the creator of dentalrave and has dedicated over a decade to researching and promoting oral health. His goal is to offer trustworthy and free expert guidance on a diverse range of dental products, tips, methods, and topics, with the aim of making it easily accessible to everyone. It is hoped that this blog will assist you in identifying the appropriate methods and oral care products to enhance and maintain your dental health.