What is the best electric toothbrush for couples? This is a question you are likely to have if you want to buy an electric toothbrush for the whole family or children in the family.
The answer to this question is looking for the best dual electric toothbrush bundles or 2-pack toothbrushes with a good set of spare brush heads. Though it is not advisable to share brush heads you can always use the same brush handle with different brush heads, preferably colour coded brush heads.
Alternatively, you can mark the brush heads to distinguish them from each other so that there is no risk of sharing a brush head.
Best selling couples electric toothbrushes:
Last update on 2023-06-02 at 19:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
There are numerous best duo electric toothbrushes in the market to go for that meet the criteria of a decent electric toothbrush. Here is a summary of what to look for in a good electric toothbrush:
(It should have a quad pacer,
a 2-minutes timer,
has a brush-head that oscillates (makes back and forth movements) to remove plaque,
has a range of settings for customization to specific individual needs,
has soft bristles and ergonomic features that enable one to easily handle the brush and possibly an app to track brushing progress).
Below are the best electric toothbrushes for multiple users following the criteria above:
Table of Contents
Best Rated Electric Toothbrush for Couples
Last update on 2023-06-03 at 12:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Oral B Genius 9900 same as Genius 8900 is a 2 set electric toothbrush. It has all the same features as the Genius 9000.
- 6 cleaning modes same as Genius 9000
- Visible 3D Smart Ring
- Two minute timer with pacer
- 3D cleaning action
- Brush head storage unit
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Phone holder
- travel case -you get one basic plastic case compared to the premium travelling case of the 9000 model
- one charger to be shared between 2 brushes
- 4 brush heads compared to two heads of Genius 9000
- Check how the 9900 models compares with other 8900 model in our Oral B Genius 8900 vs 9000 vs 9900 Review.
Best on Budget Electric Toothbrush for Couples
If you are looking for the best on budget electric toothbrush for couples then the Oral B Pro 2 2900 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush is the best.
Oral B Pro 2 2900 comes with 2 sets of electric toothbrushes. It comes in black and pink colour making it a better choice for couples.
- It comes with 2 Oral B brush heads
- 2-minute built-in timer with pacer and pressure sensor
- Two cleaning modes: daily clean and gum care
- Its handle is waterproof meaning it can be used in the shower but avoid submerging them on water.
- With it you get 2 year warranty that can be extended to three years freely by remembering to register the brush on Oral B website
- It includes a charging station with 2 pin plug that can be connected to most UK 2 pin sockets found in the bathrooms. If you don’t have on, you can buy a 2 to 3 pin adaptor available in Amazon and
- A Lithium-ion battery that when fully charged can stay up to 2 weeks time before recharging.
- See how the Oral B 2900 compares with other 2000 models in our Oral B Pro 2 2000 vs 2500 vs 2900 Review
Oral B Pro 3 3900 Review
Oral B Pro 3 3900 is one of the good couples electric toothbrush option in the market today. Like The pro 2 2900, the pro 3 3900 comes with 2 sets of electric toothbrushes.
Last update on 2023-06-02 at 23:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
And what makes it stand out from the rest is the fact that instead of getting only one or two brush heads, the Oral B 3900 comes with 10 crossAction brush heads. And you get all these for under 100 pounds.
In terms of colour choice is that you can either get it in 2 black brushes or black and white or black and pink.
Apart from this there no travel case included pro 3900 when compared to the one set 3500 model.
Oral-B Smart Clean 360 Rechargeable Toothbrush
Last update on 2023-06-01 at 09:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Oral-B Smart Clean 360 Rechargeable Toothbrushes, two Pack for loved ones. It replaces an older Oral B rechargeable toothbrush which lasted several (10+) yrs.
This brand new toothbrush has 3 brushing modes , dailyclean, sensitive, and also whitening cleaning and a 30-second timer to inform you when you should begin brushing another quadrant.
It displays a red-coloured light when brushing too much.
The Oral-B Smart Clean 360 Rechargeable Toothbrushes, 2 Pack set come with 3 Oral B toothbrush heads, travel cases, and also 2 recharging stations.
Sonic Electric Toothbrush for Adults Two Pack
Last update on 2023-06-01 at 09:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With the Sonic Electric Toothbrush for Adults you get a long-lasting battery that can last as much as sixty days of use on one charge: This electric toothbrush two Pack for adults and children is ideal for couples and families.
- It has W shaped bristles that fit the form of the tooth and drive the toothpaste to hard-to-reach places with 40,000 vibrations per minute, reducing staining, removing plaque, and also freshening the breath.
- You can personalize it with five Cleaning Modes: Choose Sensitive Mode to safeguard your vulnerable gums, Cleaning Mode for the everyday dentistry hygiene of yours, Whitening Mode for weekly use, Polishing Mode for better teeth, or maybe Massage Mode for fortifying your teeth.
- The PHYLIAN electric-powered toothbrush two Pack comes with ten toothbrush heads which are perfect for couples and families.
- You get it in black and pink colour.
There is also Oral B 4900 duo pack, check it in our Oral B Smart 4 4000 vs 4500 vs 4900 Review.
Why Look For Electric Toothbrush for Multiple Users
- Reduced expense (Lower price/cost of the toothbrush): When you analyse the price of ownership of an electric powered toothbrush to be utilized by 2 individuals instead of one, the price comes down. In many cases, this’s almost half because the price is currently split 2 ways. This results in a lower price – Reduce the ownership expense when shared with increased users.
- It provides travelling convenience if travelling as couples – Carry less luggage when travelling, by packing one brush handle with two brush-heads.
- Less clutter/shelf space – one brush shared between four is going to take up less room and lead to less clutter than four individual brushes.
Drawbacks when sharing an electric powered toothbrush
- Probably the most important being battery life. The advertised 2 3 week battery life is dependent on a single individual two times one day for two minutes. Add another user and this also the battery life will be halved, add several individuals as well as the battery life is diminished much more. So more regular charging is going to be essential.
- Wear and tear is an additional likely issue. The greater use it gets the greater usage the components are put through. Share between a family of four and it’s likely that the greater use will make the brush wear out in less than two years, but no problems, it’ll be fixed and replaced under the guarantee. And so in a weird way you really achieve much better value from it.
Oral-B Electric Toothbrush Family Set
Oral B models include brush top storage chambers which will support as many as four brush heads; the Genius Pro 8000 and Pro 5000 are only two examples. The coloured rings also ensure it is simpler to set aside various brush heads to folks that are different and also tell whose mind is whose, to stay away from the existing concern of posting a brush!
Typically speaking, the price of Oral B products is less costly too. What this means is the expense of ownership, the replacement heads etc is able to exercise much better worth in the end for many, especially families.
Electric Toothbrush For Couples (FAQs)
The answer is yes if they use different brush heads that are stored in their separate cases. However, sharing brush heads is not advisable because there is the risk of blood contamination that is riskier than just swapping saliva as in when couples kiss. There are scores of thousands of different bacteria and viruses in the mouths that may be spread when sharing a toothbrush head.
Yes, so long as different heads that are distinguished from each other are used. Most of the Philips brushes accompany coloured rings to differentiate between brush heads to differentiate them
Yes if you buy the that comes with different handles and brush heads. Essentially what it just means would be that 2 or maybe perhaps more individuals might use the Bluetooth connectivity plus monitoring of the private phone, so very long as they have the cell phone within Bluetooth range to enable the rapid syncing of the tooth brushing info for the phone of theirs.
Though toothbrush sharing may not be so different to kissing, however, if there is a viral illness, the shared toothbrush is to blame for the transmission of the illness, that is why it is better to use different brush heads.
Yes if you buy different colour-coded brush heads or use different marks to differentiate them so that you don’t share brush heads but only share the handle. When you are publishing the brush with someone also and else you each ought to remember to have the app on the telephone before you start brushing, subsequently it’s likely to work OK and you’ll simply observe your own private details inside the app.
Yes but do not share toothbrush heads even with children. When you share a toothbrush, you introduce microorganisms and also bacteria into the mouth. Remember that microorganisms from the jaws might be transferred to the toothbrush. Hence, don’t share brush heads but it’s perfectly ok to share the handle and ensure that wherever you store them, there is ample space so the toothbrush heads won’t touch.
Dr. Tom Bell holds a doctorate in Medical Anthropology and is passionate about oral health. He is the creator of dentalrave and has dedicated over a decade to researching and promoting oral health. His goal is to offer trustworthy and free expert guidance on a diverse range of dental products, tips, methods, and topics, with the aim of making it easily accessible to everyone. It is hoped that this blog will assist you in identifying the appropriate methods and oral care products to enhance and maintain your dental health.