Oral B Pro 2 2500 vs 2900 vs Genius 9000: A detailed review of how does Oral-B Pro 2 2500 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush Rechargeable compares with Oral B Pro 2 2900, and Oral B Genius 9000.
Oral B Pro 2 2500 vs 2900
The difference between Oral B Pro 2 2500 and 2900 is on the number of electric toothbrushes you get and a travelling case. Whereas, Oral-B Pro 2 2900 comes with 2 brush handles but no travel case, Pro 2 2500 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush comes with one handle plus a travelling case.
In case you want a travelling case, you can buy a iLifeTech Electric Toothbrushes Travel Case Oral Care Box Set for Braun Oral-B D10 pro 600 700 2000 3000 as a separate unit for under £10
For couples, Pro 2 2900 is the best electric toothbrush to go for. You get one pink and one black brush handle, 2 brush heads and one 2 UK pin charger to share between the two.
But, for individuals, Oral-B Pro 2 2500 is more than enough.
Apart from those two differences, both Oral B 2500 and 2900 have:
- 2 minute timer with quadrapacer to help you brush at the recommend 2 minutes time, twice daily.
- 2 cleaning modes (daily clean for regular usage and gum care for sensitive teeth)
- A visible pressure sensor that flashes red every time you brush hard to alert you to be a bit gentle to your teeth
- 3D cleaning action (rotation, vibration and pulsation) capable of removing up to 100% more plaque than manual toothbrush
- 2 weeks battery life, using Lithium-ion battery
- charger with 2 pin UK plug, consider buying power adaptor if you don't have one.
- Both come in black and pink colours
Oral B Pro 2 2500 vs Genius 9000
There is a big difference between Oral B Pro 2 2500 and Genius 9000. The Oral-B Genius 9000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush is the top end Oral B electric toothbrush with a lot of bells and whistles compared to the simple pro 2 2500 electric toothbrush.
And here are the key differences between the two:
- While the Pro 2 2500 has 2 cleaning modes (daily clean and gum care), Oral-B Genius 9000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush comes with 6 modes (daily clean, deep clean, gum care, sensitive, whitening and tongue cleaning to cater for all your cleaning needs)
- They both come with a travel case, however, the genius 9000 travelling case is much better with incase charging and ability to charge usb device at the same time.
- Oral-B Genius 9000 can detect where your brushing and show you graphically on your smartphone using Bluetooth and Oral B app, pro 2 2500 does not include position detection feature.
- Both pro 2 2500 and genius 9000 include a visible pressure sensor to alert you when brushing hard, however, whereas that of pro 2500 is rear side, of the 9000 is 3D smartRing that can be customised to the colour of your choice out of 12 colours provided.
- The Oral-B Pro 2 2500 is cheapest by miles.
- Despite the many differences, both pro-2500 and genius 9000 have 2 minutes timer with a pacer, a travel case, and visible pressure sensor, 14 days batter life and 3 years waranty if you register it online. However, you get 4 brush heads and brush head storage unit with the Oral-B Genius 9000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush compared to one head and no storage unit with pro 2 2500
Oral B Pro 2 2500 Review
The Oral-B Pro 2 2500 is more or less the same as the Oral B Pro 2 2000 with only a few differences related to a travel case and different colour handle. It is quite basic and cheap when compared to the premium Oral B electric toothbrushes like Oral B Genius 9000 with more features and a lot of bells and whistles.
- 2 cleaning modes: daily clean and gum care making it one of the best electric toothbrush for sensitive teeth and gums
- Built-in 2 minute timer with pacer
- Built-in pressure sensor
- Blue bristles that fade with time
- 1 brush head
- 3D cleaning action: rotates, vibrates and pulsates
- Travel case
- 2 weeks battery life (Lithium-ion battery) with a battery indicator that flashed red when charger runs off, green when it is charging and none when it is full.
- 2-year warranty that can be extended to three by registering on the Oral B website.
- No Bluetooth Connectivity
- Lacks whitening and tongue cleaning mode in case you want to use it for whitening your teeth by removing surface stains or cleaning your tongue respectively.
2 Cleaning Modes
The Oral B electric toothbrush Pro 2 2500 same as the 2 2000 model comes with two cleaning modes: the daily clean mode for regular use to remove dental plaque on your teeth and the gum care for gently cleaning and massaging your gums especially when they are sensitive to cold or hot food/drinks.
Basically these are two main features that most people consider as worth paying for. However, if you want other cool features like the whitening, deep clean, sensitive and tongue clean modes. You have to go for premium Oral B models like the 8000 or 9000 with triple the price of the 2500 with triple the price of 2500.
When brushing, remember not only to brush your teeth but also the gums by placing the toothbrush at 45 degrees. This is because bacteria not only accumulate in the teeth but also along the gum line causing gum disease.
You change from the daily cleaning mode to gum care by pressing the on and off button twice.
Built-In 2 Minute Timer with Pacer
This is the most important feature available in all electric toothbrushes ranging from low entry to premium modes. It helps you clean at the recommended 2 minutes dentist recommended time for healthy teeth and gums.
The pacer buzzes after every 30 seconds of brushing to alert you to move on from where you are brushing to brushing another mouth area until all 4 mouth area is cleaned. And the timer alerts you when 2 minutes cleaning time is complete; you will hear the pacer buzzes twice.
When the time is over, you have to switch the brush off manually. This is quite different from the Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes that switch themselves off automatically when the 2 minute brushing time is over.
Built-In Visible Pressure Sensor
This is also another important feature found in most Oral B toothbrushes except in the basic entry like the Oral B vitality plus and pro 600 models.
What this feature does is that it alerts you when you brush your teeth too hard. You will hear dental professional recommending the use of soft bristles toothbrushes and not putting too much when brushing your teeth. This is because doing so does not remove more plaque-like most people think but rather it wear out your tooth enamel and gums leading to tooth sensitivity, decay and receding gums.
Every time you brush hard, the sensor located at the rear end of your brush handle will flash red to remind you to reduce to be gentle.
Basically, with an electric toothbrush, you are not allowed not even to scrub your teeth as we do with manual toothbrushes rather guide the electric brush to do its work.
Blue Bristles That Fades With Time
Like all Oral B models, this toothbrush has blue bristle indicators that fade with time as you use the brush from blue to pale blue. This is to alert you to change your brush head. Essentially, you need to change the brush head every three months time.
The brush head accumulates bacteria with time and sometimes its bristles wear out. Continue using it in this condition cause more harm to your teeth than good. Therefore changing the brush head on time is always a good idea.
1 Brush Head
The pro 2 2500 comes with one brush head. This can be either the CrossAction, 3D white or. Read more about Oral B electric toothbrush heads here. Otherwise, the brush is compatible with all Oral B brush heads in case you want to try a different head next time. And its handle is waterproof meaning that you can use it in the shower but remember not to soak it on water.
3D Cleaning Action
The Oral B Pro 2500 offers the 3D cleaning action which is considered to be the best cleaning movement in removing up to 100% tooth plaque. This is compared to the 2D cleaning movement found in Oral B Vitality Plus rechargeable electric toothbrush.
The travel case is what mainly differentiates the Pro 2 2500 from the pro 2 2000. The brush includes the standard clear plastic travelling case that is capable of holding one brush handle and two brush heads.
You also get a charging station with 2 pin plug that can be connected in most UK bathroom socket or on a 2 to 3 pin adaptor if you have one.
Check the Oral-B Pro 2 2500 on Amazon