Feeling bad because some or all your teeth are rotting no matter what you do to prevent them?
Don’t worry, take it easy and see which plan to go for after reading this article to the end.
It is possible to get your smile back …don’t give up and that is why you are here. Let us get first started first with this topic.
Causes of rotting teeth
Rotting teeth are caused by a sticky film that forms over the teeth also called plaque. The plaque contains bacteria that feeds on the food we eat mainly starch and sugary foods. The bacteria then produce acid that cause small holes also called cavity in teeth (https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/health-info/tooth-decay). If left unattended decay teeth continue to decay and infect other nearby teeth until all teeth are rotten. The infection goes down to the gums and other part of the body such as our hearts.
Other causes of teeth decay includes:
- Poor dental hygiene: It is advised to brush your teeth daily after eating: Brush them daily with fluoride toothpaste and interdental brush or floss. If you eat twice a day, brush them twice a day and so forth and floss daily. This will help remove plaque that store bad bacteria. You are also advised to visit the dentist for general check and professional cleaning (https://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/d/decay).
- Poor dietary: eating food high in starch and sugar without brushing your teeth then after is bad. The food you eat feed bacteria, which produce acid that cause your teeth to rote. Also drinking a lot of acidic drinks such as soda is not advisable as acid contained in these drinks cause the teeth to decay. Remember to drink water immediately after drinking juice or acid drink to flush out the acid out of your teeth enamel.
- Excessive dry mouth due to dehydration cause saliva glands not to produce enough saliva to wash away plaque increasing the risk of tooth decay. Try to drink as much water as possible at least 2 liters a day. Notice that 60% of our bodies are made up of water; hence, you need water for health functioning of many organs in the body including keeping your teeth healthy. Need plain water alternatives, check this (https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/19-hydrating-foods#section20).
- Other included drugs, fluoride deficiency and baby bottle (read detail info here https://www.healthline.com/health/rotten-teeth )
It is better to start taking good care of your teeth the moment you discover early signs of tooth decay such as sensitivity to cold or hot food, toothache, teeth stain, bad breath, and swollen gums .
How to stop teeth from rotting further
The way in which to stop teeth from decaying further depends on how far are your teeth decayed.
If they have only holes but teeth still there; you can just do the oil pulling, swishing coconut oil for twenty minutes twice daily. The oil pulling is the tested method that has been proved to have excellent result in reversing teeth cavities. After the oil pulling; you have to rinse your mouth with warm salt water for 3 minutes to help getting rid of even more bacteria.
Apart from oil pulling; you have also to follow the usual dentist recommend brushing teeth and flossing within 20 minutes of finishing eating. In most cases you will hear them saying twice daily, at the bare minimum but basically you are supposed to clean your teeth after every meal.
If you are teeth are real rotten, in a way that they cannot be filled or restored to normal; then the best way is get them removed and replaced with a bridge, denture, or an implant. It is expensive depending on whether the whole mouth is rotten or only few teeth, but all in all you have to see the dentist to get a restoration plan.
It might be teeth implant in which all your teeth or some of them get removed and replaced by new set of fake teeth. Dentist calls it ‘teeth implant’. It is a way of replacing missing teeth. (Read more about implants here https://www.dentalhealth.org/dental-implants and here https://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/dental-oral-health/dental-implants)
Don’t be scared as implants are a safe way of replacing badly decayed teeth. These fake teeth can stay with you as long as you take care of them following good oral hygiene just as you do with normal teeth. You also need to go for regular maintenance, quite annoying if you don’t like the dentist. But at least you love yourself then go for it if needed.
And the best part is that it is claimed that putting the teeth implants is less painful as compared to taking the teeth out. But all in all they need to take rotten teeth out before replacing them.
You must have taken some teeth out before, you know the pain, but it is not as much as the one we experienced daily when having decayed teeth on our mouth. This means you can tolerate the pain for few hours or days and have your smile back with a new set of teeth.
Always remember to ask for how everything is going to be done, the cost, if the dentist in place has any experience, the alternatives and if there is any guarantee.
- Maintain healthy balanced food not too high in sugar and starch food.
- Avoid snacking all day long
- Do the oil pulling
- Drink enough water and
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily with fluoride toothpaste, interdental cleaner or floss and regular visit to your dentist will help you get rid of rotting teeth and while keep remains teeth or implants healthy.