Best Kids Electric Toothbrush For 2 Year Old Toddlers to 12 Years Children? Find a detailed review of the top 10 electric toothbrushes for kids, toddlers and children ages 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 9, 10, 11 to 12-year-old. These kids electric toothbrushes come with the right size for a kid to handle. The handles are soft, nice and perfect for little hands. Their brush heads also are soft for the little ones.
- They also have appropriate bristles that will work well with the kids gums.
- These electric toothbrushes for kids with timer, for example, use musical tones rather than the harsh beeps. Music especially engages children which encourages them to brush longer.
- They start with a short timer and builds up the time to the recommended two minutes.
- Includes rechargeable handle, charger and sensitive...
- Round brush head with soft bristles rotates and...
- Removes more plaque than a manual toothbrush for...
- Electric toothbrush with timer in handle to help kids...
- Compatible with a variety of Oral-B Brush Heads for...
- 98 percent of parents say it's easier to get kids to...
- 91 percent of dental professional parents prefer...
- Interactive free app educates and gets kids excited...
- The kidpacer musically alerts when to move to the next...
- The kidtimer gradually increase to 2 minutes to help...
- MAKES BRUSHING FUN: Cute and colorful animal-themed set...
- PROMOTES GOOD BRUSHING HABITS: Fun 2-minute sand timer...
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE CLEANING: Battery-powered toothbrush...
- VERSATILE STAND: Great for sink countertop or easily...
- WHAT YOU GET: Battery-powered children’s toothbrush,...
- 70% better plaque removal than a manual toothbrush
- Oscillating brush head
- Soft bristles provide a gentle, thorough cleaning
- Battery powered (two AAA batteries included)
- For children age 4+
- ✅ 40,000 STROKES PER MIN WITH SONIC TECHNOLOGY & 5...
- ✅ 2 MINS SMART TIMER & A LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE -...
- ✅ 8 BRUSHING HEADS WITH DUPONT NYLON BRISTLES & 2...
- ✅ SLEEK LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN & IPX 7 WATERPROOF RATING...
- ✅ WHAT WILL YOU GET- 2 electric toothbrush handles, 8...
- 98 percent of parents say it's easier to get kids to...
- 91 percent of dental professional parents prefer...
- Interactive free app educates and gets kids excited...
- The kidpacer musically alerts when to move to the next...
- The kidtimer gradually increase to 2 minutes to help...
- EXCITED AND FUN BRUSHING TEETH: Cute animal theme...
- FOR MULTIPLE AGE KIDS: This power toothbrush has 3...
- EFFICIENT AND SAFE BRUSHING: Speed - Up to 31000 brush...
- ULTRA LONG-LASTING BATTERY LIFE: This rechargeable kids...
- AUTOMATIC TIMER: This electronic toothbrush has a...
Last update on 2020-10-29 at 11:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Electric Toothbrush for Kids
1. Philips Sonicare for Kids Bluetooth Connected Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush for 10, 11 and 12 Year Old
- It has fun and practical features packed in it that enhance the teeth brushing experience of children of all ages.
- It has a free interactive App that not only excites children but educates them too. Children get cool rewards for progress made in their brushing sessions.
- Unlike the Oral B app that inconveniently requires you to always scan it on a smart device before accessing it, the Philips Sonicare toothbrush app is complimentary and hassle-free to use.
- The Philips Sonicare for kids employs patented Sonic technology that is weighted to children’s needs. It is programmed to produce fewer vibrations at the beginning and increases the oscillations gradually as your young one gets used to using an electric toothbrush.
The Sonic movements make 500 strokes per second to effectively dislodge all plaque on the teeth and under the gum line. It is highly effective and removes 75%more plaque than a manual one. 91% of dentists who are parents prefer it for their young ones. This toothbrush is good and reliable for most age ranges. If you are looking for an electric toothbrush for 10 year old, then look no further.
Check the Philips Sonicare HX6321/02 on Amazon.
(Get 30 Day Free Trial) – Unlimited access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games.
2. Oral-B Kids Electric Toothbrush for 4, 5, 6 and 7 Year Old
- It comes fitted with a Disney themed magic timer app. The app is quite interactive and really helps in encouraging your loved ones to brush for longer up to the 2 minutes dentist recommendation.
- This oral b rechargeable toothbrush kids has a waterproof handle and can actually be used in a shower if you wanted to.
- It has soft bristles and can be used on sensitive teeth and even with braces
- The Oral-b kids’ power toothbrush is usually sold with Crest toothpaste which has a minty taste that appeals to children.
Regular brushing strengthens the enamel and protects the enamel and is an effective protection to the cavity.
Just like the adult one, it makes 40000 pulsations and 8600 oscillations, it employs the patented Oral B rotary technology. The battery lasts for one week. The bristles are soft, they are made of nylon.
It comes with a two-year warranty.
The key highlight in the Oral B pro-health is the Disney app which can be downloaded from Google Play, the app store or from Oral B after you scan the product.
The app is quite engaging and fun. As the child brushes a new fun image will be revealed. The longer they brush the more rewards they get for the progress made.
The app also allows you to track the progress of your child’s brushing progress over time by the help of a calendar. With this app, your children will love brushing their teeth. They will brush for longer.
Check the Oral B Kids electric toothbrush on Amazon.
3. Quip Kids Electric Toothbrush for 5+ Years Old
- The Quip Kids’ handle comes with an easy-to-hold rubberized grip that can help little hands
- Replacing brush heads cost five dollars apiece (in case you register and subscribe to get a brand new brush head every 3 months. They are more expensive if you are not subscribed).
- It comes fitted with a built-in two-minute timer is a very helpful function for encouraging children to clean for the time suggested by top dental associations.
- Quip Kids is available in simple, colours that are solid, that we believe make it broader appeal than brushes that are available only in character that is limited or maybe cartoon themes.
- The Quip Kids operates on AAA batteries rather than recharging on a starting unit.
- It is also lightweight, as well as aesthetically pleasing. The Quip is slim and small compared with nearly all electric toothbrushes for children.
- The Quip is silent with near-silent vibrating hum during usage.
- It’s s short handle and lighter weight is suitable for our 5- as well as 8-year-olds’ fine motor skills and hands.
- It has vibrating bristles and weakened vibrations appropriate for younger people and smaller mouths. The bristles on the brush head consist of 1,200 soft nylon bristles encompassed by a perimeter of fuller rubber.
- The rear of the brush head is built of textured rubber, which could be utilized for tongue cleaning.
- The Quip Kids was offered in four simple, solid colours which give users the flexibility of choice.
How the Quip kids electric toothbrush works:
The Quip Kids has a built-in timer: It goes silent every 30 seconds to alert the brusher to shift to the next section of the mouth. Although the quiet pause might be also subtle for young children to recognize, this may be very helpful when teaching several children how to pace their brushing.
After 2 minutes, the comb pulses to signal the brushing is over and then shuts itself off.
- The AAA batteries run out quickly and you need replacement when they run down thereby adding up running cost. This is unlike rechargeable toothbrushes.
- Replacement brush heads are just offered from quip which only offers them cheaply to subscribed clients. Unsubscribed clients are charged more for replacements/refills.
- The Quip kids electric toothbrush also doesn’t have a brush headcover.
4. Brusheez Children Electric Toothbrush for 3 Year Old Kids
It is actually a complete teeth brushing set complete with a fun cup for rinsing and a stand that is shaped as a pony for the toothbrush. The brush is called Prancy the Pony. It has soft bristles that rotate at 4000 rpm. (rotations per minutes).
For the two minutes timer, the Brusheez has a decorated mini hourglass that counts the two minutes recommended by dentists. It comes with two brush heads and an animal-themed decorated head cover.
It is powered by double AA batteries. It comes with accessories to enable mount the brushing unit on the wall. You also get brushing charts to track your child’s teeth cleaning progress.
- It has five-year warranty which is an indication of its durability. They have replacement heads to ensure your brush is always effective and hygienic.
- It is a complete set with the added bonus of animal-themed head covers that protects the brush head from dust and germs.
- The animal theme –Prancy the Pony is quite exciting and makes children associate brushing with fun.
- The fun miniature hourglass inspires good oral habits. Your children will learn to clean for at least two minutes and these are habits they will keep throughout their lives.
- The vibration could be too loud for some people.
- It does not have a quadrant to remind you when you brush each quarter of your mouth.
- The on/off button is a bit hard to push especially for kids below 3.
Check the Brusheez kids electric toothbrush on Amazon.
5. Lovely Dolphin Design Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrush for 3 to 9 Year Old
The Lovely Dolphin Design Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrush is marketed for 3-9-year-olds. It is currently unavailable on Amazon.
- It has soft DuPont nylon bristles that are just perfect for children’s tender gums.
- It is waterproof which is good for kids because most kids like playing with water.
- It comes with three replacement heads for maximum durability and flexibility.
- It has the three elements that excite kids most: vibrations, amber flashing lights, and music, it is the ultimate toothbrush that will get your kid love brushing their teeth.
Like most sonic toothbrushes, the Lovely Dolphin Design Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrush with Musical LED Light, 2m Timer and 30 seconds Reminder Features, Replaceable 2 Extra Heads.(Sky blue) makes 22000 brush strokes per minutes. These high-frequency movements are sure to dislodge any hidden food residue and plaque.
You are assured the dental health and hygiene of your children will be top notch. The thing with many children is that many of them do not easily warm up to the idea of brushing their teeth but the Lovely Dolphin Design Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrush makes this huddle a breeze.
It is packed with seven popular English kids songs that your kids will find fun listening to when brushing. This combined with a brush head that is lit with colorful shining LED lights is the ultimate plaything for your kids.
The two minutes timer and quadpacer teach your children good teeth cleaning habits from an early age. You can order replacement brush heads directly from the manufacturer’s website.
In case your children have grown up, you may want to check proper best kids electric toothbrushes here. They offer more functionality and customization that allows kids to express themselves and fall in love with cleaning their teeth.
- Operates on sonic technology that makes multiple movements to deeply clean your kids teeth
- It has all the fun features most children like and will make your child be interested in brushing their teeth.
- It is waterproof and can be used in the shower or when your child is playing with water.
- It comes with a stand which makes it easy to store.
It operates on triple AAA batteries which can be cumbersome to replace. Battery life is two months when brushing at least twice every day.
6. Haigerx Kids Electric Toothbrush For 2 Year Olds +
The Haigerx Sonic Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush for Kids is the best alternative to Philips Sonicare for kids. It is also called Sonicare rechargeable music timer. It is currently unavailable on Amazon.
Here below are the reasons why the Haigerx is considered the best electric toothbrush for 2 year old children and above.
- This child’s electric toothbrush age 2 is lightweight. It only weighs 0.084 kg.
- It has a smallish handle sizeable enough for young ones.
- It comes in two colors: Blue and pink and
- it is that it has continuous music throughout the two minutes recommended by ADA (American Dentist Association). The music is split into 4 popular rhymes like “Old Mac-Donald had a Farm Eeiha! Eeiha! Oohh!”.
The different rhymes act as quadrant signal to remind you to move from one section of the mouth to the next. This as you can imagine captures most children’s interest.
The bristles are made of soft, DuPont nylon bristles that are appropriate for tender gums.
As already mentioned, it has the ADA recommended two minutes timer and a 30 seconds interval signal (quadrant) that is signalled by a change of the music.
It is recommended that you charge it for 16-24 hours when you first use it. The charger lasts as long as two weeks plus for regular use. To operate, press for at least five seconds on the ON/OFF button.
Many parents report that Haigerx Sonicare encourages their young ones to learn timeless teeth cleaning habits like brushing for two minutes.
This singing toothbrush is a far improved version of Arm and Hammer tooth tunes that belts out modern music by established musicians like One Direction. This music brush only hit the market in early August 2016 but is already a best seller on Amazon. This alone is a testament to its quality. It is durable and effective. Oral-B Pro-Health For Me Kids Electric Toothbrush(Flash news- The Oral B pro For Me has been discontinued in favour of the Oral B Pro-Health JR)
The Oral B Pro-health For Me is marketed for tweens. However, it can actually be used by nontwins. It is more or less like the Oral B Pro-Health JR apart from the fact that the Pro-Health for me comes with two brush heads, hence it marketed for tweens.
7. Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 Electric Toothbrush for Kids with Braces
The Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 features a rubberized ultra-soft brush head that ensures a gentle and thoroughly clean and protects the teeth as they grow. This is ideal best electric toothbrush for kids with braces to go around and also in the brackets. It is no longer available on Amazon. Alternatively, go for Philips Sonicare for Kids Bluetooth Connected Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush.
Some of the features and specifications of the Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 that make it a perfect choice for your child’s oral hygiene include:
- The Philips Sonicare for kids Hx6311 07 electric toothbrush feature allows extension of the brushing time that ensures your child achieves the dentist recommended time of 2 minutes of brushing time.
- The brush also has been rubberized and with an extra soft brush head that is designed to protect your kid’s young teeth. Its kidpacer alerts your child to move to the next quadrant and thus ensuring that they clean their teeth thoroughly.
- It is gentle yet effective. It uses Sonicare’s patented technology that delivers 500 brushstrokes every second removing up to 75 percent plaque in most hard to reach areas than the manual ones.
- It delivers a kid-friendly low and high power modes that allow your kid to get a gentle yet very effective oral clean.
- The kids rechargeable toothbrush by Philips HX6311/07 is easy to use. it features an ergonomically originated handle that makes brushing a simple and a comfortable task on their own or even with their parents.
- Features a stabilized handpiece that allows your kids to apply toothpaste easily while it lays on the counter or a flat surface. This Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 is meant to make brushing the teeth fun for your young ones.
- It features the KidPacer Fun sounds that usually encourage kids to clean all the areas of the mouth, to add on this, the children can also customise it using the 8 possible interchangeable stickers.
- Has a kid timer feature that alerts your child to brush their teeth for the dentist-recommended time of 2 minutes.
- There also exists an application for the HX6311/07. This application is an educational application that teaches your kid how to brush properly in a unique and fun way. This application features two fictional characters, Vicky or Bjorn that help your kid achieve a good oral health.
Best Toddler & Baby Toothbrushes:
Best Toddler and Baby Toothbrushes 2020: The electric toothbrush for toddlers makes babies warm up to brushing their teeth. Toddlers like fun things to keep them engaged. Find also best electric toothbrush for kids ages 3 to 12 years old.
Here below, we have reviewed what we consider to be the best toothbrush for toddlers in 2019. Our reviews cast a wide age range that includes toddler finger toothbrushes that are suitable for 3-12 months old to best rated toothbrush for toddlers aged 15-18+ months. A common feature in our selection is the fact that most of the brushes have flashing lights, music, and cartoons to excite your tots.
It’s exciting to see your toddler grow teeth, however, to keep those teeth clean you will have to entice them into brushing. The best toddler toothbrush for your children will excite them into brushing.
The American Dental Association and American Academy for Pediatric Dentistry recommend that you should clean your baby’s gums shortly after birth in the first or second week. Clean by using a moist clean wiping gauze pad.
Clean in between teeth at least two times a day to ensure you remove any residue. Continue this until you feel confident your baby can brush by themselves. According to research, babies are 38% more likely to brush their teeth (with the supervision of an adult) when using a powered toothbrush than a manual one.
I struggled to get my baby put a brush into her mouth until I got an electric toothbrush that had melodies and flashing light. Then brushing baby teeth became fun.
Here is our recommended best toothbrush for toddlers that will turn your baby’s teeth brushing experience from being a chore to a fun activity.
8. Brush Baby BabySonic Infant and Toddler Electric Toothbrush for Ages 0-3 Years
- It has lights, vibrations, and a rhythmic pulse for 30 seconds reminder for each quadrant.
- The brush head has a small footprint and soft dentist inspired silicone bristles that do not splay easily.
- It is marketed as suitable for 0-3-year-olds.
In our opinion its the best toothbrush for 15-18 month old. It is quite a revelation because the brush baby complete package comes with teething chewable brushes ideal for toddlers with no teeth.
Brush Baby is the Best Toothbrush for 18 month old
It quite suitable for 18 months olds because it has soft sonic vibrations that are gentle enough for this age range. It also has a tiny brush head compatible with toddlers.
It is quite flexible in that you can choose to turn the vibrations and light on or off whenever you want.
The two minutes timer is marked by flashing lights while the quardpacer (30 seconds quartet/zone reminder) has a pulse reminder.
It is powered by rechargeable triple AAA batteries that last long; approximately 2-3 years.
Pros of the Brush-Baby- Best Toothbrush for Toddler:
- It has LED lighting on the brush head which makes it quite exciting for toddlers.
- It is quite durable and can withstand the rough and tumble children expose it to.
- It is easy to get replacement heads.
- It is lightweight, perfect for toddlers
The lighted head and vibrations easily hook children even those who are stubbornly reluctant to brush their teeth. You can choose to have only lights or light and vibrations which give you added flexibility.
The head comes off fairly easily and should be used with parental supervision.
Check the Brush Baby BabySonic Infant and Toddler Electric Toothbrush for Ages 0-3 Years on Amazon.
9. OJV Professional Toddler Electric Toothbrush for 2 Years Plus
OJV Professional Electric Toothbrush is for the age range 2 to 5 years. It is a decent electric toothbrush for 2 year old; however, it can be used by children beyond this age range.
- It comes in two colors: pink and blue.
- It comes with a sheet of fun cartoon pictures on the handle which babies find interesting.
- It has a USB charging port and the base and light that indicates the brushing mode in use.
- It has two minutes times and popular children melodies that will lure your kid to keep brushing for the recommended two minutes.
The two minutes time trains children early on to develop good oral cleaning habits of cleaning for at least two minutes as recommended by dentists.
The OJV operates on sonic brushing technology that makes 30000 brush strokes per minutes. These strokes make gentle vibrations that children find quite exciting.
Thanks to the multiple vibrations this toddler electric toothbrush removes 75% more plaque than a manual brush which means that your baby gets a head start in keeping their teeth clean and tartar free.
The OJV Professional Kids Electric Sonic Rechargeable Toothbrush with 2 Dental Care Modes 4 Songs and 2 Replaceable Brush Heads (Pink-Sonic Toothbrush) has music, light and it spins (well, vibrates) three things that toddlers love most for fun activity. Your baby will have fun using this brush.
Benefits of OJV Professional Electric Toothbrush:
It has a small size brush head fitted with soft bristles that are convenient for children’s small mouths. It has replacement brush heads which is ideal to keep the toothbrush in peak performance when the current bristles get frayed.
- The handle is ergonomic and skid-free; easy for babies to handle.
- It is waterproof which makes it easy to clean and maintain especially with kids who like playing with water. It can also be used in the shower
- It has an inbuilt USB charger which makes it convenient to charge using any of your smart devices (phone. Laptop Ipad etc).
- It has a music function that makes children brush for longer and makes teeth cleaning fun. Music played include “London Bridge is burning…” “if you are happy and you know it …”
- It has two modes, gentle and clean mode, this enables to vary the frequency of the brush strokes whenever needed.
- Buying replacement head every four to six months may add up in cost in the long run, but on the flip side, you get quality brush heads that will actually break down plaque and leave your baby with clean plaque-free teeth.
- Some parents find the music to be a bit loud but I bet you, your kids love the music.
Check the OJV Professional current price here on Amazon.
10. Colgate Toddler Electric Toothbrush Review
The Colgate Toddler Electric Toothbrush, Blaze and Monster Machines oscillates and has soft bristles suitable for kids. It operates on rechargeable triple AAA batteries.
It Oscillates and vibrates at 20,000 vibrations per minute. Oscillation is deemed better at removing food residue from your mouth.
The Colgate Blaze talks to your toddler using character voices as they brush their teeth.
It teaches and guides them as they progress through the different quarters of the mouth and congratulates them when they hit the recommended two minutes.
It has no replacement heads but usually lasts for 3-6 months. The Colgate Blaze comes in a package of 3 (Ninja, transformer and ) the Ninja one talks.
- It is a talking toothbrush that easily sparks interest in children
- It comes with cartoon and monster pictures that toddlers find exciting.
- They have no replacement heads
- The brush head may be slightly bigger for children under 3 years
Manual Baby Toothbrush for 3 month to 2 Old Year Toddler
Baby toothbrushes are the default starting point for your kid’s lifetime oral care journey. They are usually made from soft silicone and safe to use on your baby. They easily slot into an adults finger which the adult will use to clean the toddlers’ gums with pint-sized fluoride free toothpaste.
As your baby grows, you can slowly introduce, gum massagers, teethers and finally a toothbrush. Here below we have assembled a set of best baby finger toothbrushes you can get for your baby’s oral care needs.
Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether:
As the name suggests Baby Banana – Yellow Banana Toothbrush, Training Teether Tooth Brush for Infant, Baby, and Toddler is both a baby toothbrush and a teether. It is one of the best selling infant toothbrushes on the market.
- It has soft silicone bristles that massage baby’s teeth. It is safe to use on young ones because it doesn’t have anything made from chemical products. It is phthalate BPA and latex-free
- It comes in three colours: banana yellow, pink and blue which a good variety that enables you to pair your choice of a toothbrush with your kids preferences.
- It is suitable for one-year-old and even young ones, as young as 3 months.
- They have handles that are easy to grip to give your kid some form of independence.
- You can wash it in a dishwasher or even store it the fridge.
The Jordan Step 1 Baby Toothbrush, 0-2 Years, Soft Bristles, BPA Free (4 Pack) is specially designed to have a short neck to safeguard babies from swallowing the brush or being pricked by it. It is currently the best selling toothbrush for one-year-olds.
- It has two tufts of colored bristles to signify the amount of toothpaste to be used. Usually, rice sized fluoride toothpaste for one year olds.
- Oval/roundish shaped ergonomic handles that both parents and toddlers can easily grip.
- Ultra-small brush heads with very gentle and soft bristles appropriate for baby’s initial teeth.
- It comes in a set of 4 brushes with different bright colours that are attractive to young ones.
- It can also be used for teething.
Baby Buddy Finger Toothbrush Stage 2 for Babies/Toddlers, Kids:
Baby Buddy Finger Toothbrush Stage 2 is a small set of soft cleaning bristles worn on the fingertip. Most finger toothbrush bristles are made of the pliable and easy to clean material silicone.
Finger toothbrushes are often worn by people who are brushing teeth that are not their own (think parent-child) to achieve maximum control and avoid causing tooth or gum injury.
The finger toothbrush is fitted onto the finger of the user so the person is able to gently clean the teeth and massage the gumline at angles that no rigid toothbrush would be able to achieve.
Technicians in the healthcare industry often use disposable finger toothbrushes to clean effectively the teeth of their patients without spreading infections.What are the Benefits of Silicone Finger Toothbrushes for Children?
Silicone finger toothbrush is a toothbrush that delivers the unique benefits of soft silicone. This toothbrush is made up of safe and clean nontoxic silicone, contains silver nano and the negative ions released from bristles inhibit the bacteria, viruses and fungi.
The majority of finger toothbrushes are simply flexible silicone sheaths that are slid on to the end of the index finger and stop before the second joint.
A brush must fit snugly onto the fingertip to make sure it will not come off during use and become a choking hazard
- Helps teething by massaging sore gums
- Encourages your child to get used to their feeling of brushing
- Inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi
- Decrease the risk of bacterial and fungal infections
- Massages baby’s gums during teething
- Softer than nylon bristle
- Protects natural surface of the teeth from abrasion and the gums from recession
- Massages young children delicate gums while protecting the enamel layer on the surface of their teeth, strengthening the gums
- Provides interest in child to brush
- Silicone does not damage the skin rather it tends to develop a natural affinity with skin cells
- Ability to eliminate foreign substances and clean the scales
- Can be sterilized in boiling water or sterilizer
- Relieves sensitivity of teeth and tender gums
- A finger toothbrush made from thicker silicone protects the finger of the wearer from those who have a tendency to bight down during brushing
- Gives parents a more sensitive touch on their child’s tender gums
- Allows better access in hard to reach areas
- Very convenient to use
- hygienic and hypoallergic
- nontoxic and nitrosamine free
- free of BPA and PVC
Some varieties of finger toothbrushes come with carrying cases and ultraviolet sensitizing lights to kill bacteria during storage. How to Use Finger Toothbrush? Sterilize before use by immersing in boiling water 2-5 minutes.
- Wash your hands. Place finger toothbrush on the index finger. Make sure finger fit5s snugly inside once put on
- Place a small amount of toothpaste on bristles
- Use a small circular motion to gently brush your baby’s tiny teeth and gums
- After use, wash in hot water with mild soap and rinse thoroughly with clear water
Brush twice a day
- To prevent possible choking hazards inspect before and after each use and replace immediately if any signs of excessive wear appear.
- This toothbrush is not a toy so don’t allow your child to play with it. To be used by adults only
- Wash before initial use
Some finger toothbrush bristles are built into latex gloves so the brush stays on and the wearer and individual receiving the cleaning are both protected from contamination.
Once the finger toothbrush is in place, the user simply applies gentle pressure with the bristles to clean the teeth and gums using a tight circular motion. This type of finger toothbrush is commonly used in the healthcare department.
It is good to start your baby on the right path from the get-go. You might be wondering whether it is necessary to start cleaning your baby’s teeth so early. The truth is your baby can easily develop cavities once they start taking solid food.
Dentists recommend that you should start brushing your baby’s teeth (any teeth that have popped out) and gums when you start giving the baby solid food.
A regular toothbrush might be a challenge to introduce at this time that is why infant training toothbrush, massagers, and teethers are quite common at this stage to help steer your toddler into a lifetime of good oral and dental hygiene.
For young toddlers, ideally, you have the option of using a finger toothbrush or one with handles fit for babies. These look like gum massages and can also act as gum massage. It is also advisable to use fluoride-free toothpaste with fruit flavor which is ok even if they swallow it.
Cyber Monday Deals:
- Get 33% off Oral-B Kids Electric Toothbrush With Coaching Pressure Sensor and Timer, White, for Kids 6+
- Get 25% off Colgate 360 Optic White Platinum Electric toothbrush With 4 Replacement Heads
- Deal Price $13.17 Emerson Kids Battery Powered Musical Timer Toothbrush Replaceable Brush Head, ER109004, Pink
Coupon and Deals:
- Get $10 off coupon on Philips Sonicare for Kids Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Blue HX6321/02
- Get $10 Off coupon Philips Sonicare for Kids Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Pink HX6351/41
- Get $5 Off coupon on Oral-B Kids Electric Toothbrush featuring Disney’s Minnie Mouse, for Kids 6+
- Get $5 off coupon on Off Oral-B Kids Electric Toothbrush with Replacement Brush Heads, featuring Star Wars, for Kids 6+
- Get 5% off coupon on Brusheez Kid’s Electric Toothbrush Set (Safari Edition) – Snappy the Croc – Includes Battery-Powered Toothbrush, 2 Brush Heads, Cute Animal Cover, Sand Timer, Rinse Cup & Storage Base
- Get $5 off coupon on NeoCre Kids Rechargeable Sonic Electric Toothbrush Just-for-Kids Safest Material Lower Noise Dentists Recommended Vibration Cartoon Stickers 25 Days Duration Wireless Charging IPX7 100% Waterproof
- Get 10% off coupon on Kids Electric Toothbrush – 2 Modes with 2 Brush Head IPX6 Waterproof Children Battery Powered Travel Toothbrushes with 2-Min Timer for Age 6+ Boys Girls Pink.+
- For Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on budget stand mixers check here.
What Age Can Child Use Electric Toothbrush?
Research by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry advises that you should start cleaning your baby’s teeth when they start to erupt. Using the age of your kid is a good starting point. Although you do not have to follow it precisely, use a kid’s age set as a general guide.
Children grow up at differing rates so it’s fair to say you might veer from the age bracket of your child based on your assessment of their needs. It may be your child needs a smaller, much softer, toothbrush with an app for interaction to keep the kid interested or even bigger, firmer toothbrush. Below is a general age-group you can use to decide which kid’s toothbrush to buy for your children and toddlers.• Babies – basically wiping the gums with extremely delicate fabric is sufficient to have their teeth clean and start to get the infant used to daily teeth cleaning.
- Babies – basically wiping the gums with extremely delicate fabric is sufficient to have their teeth clean and start to get the infant used to daily teeth cleaning.
- Ages two to five – toddlers like being associated with the tooth cleaning ritual and will have their own kid ‘s toothbrush by this particular moment. They still rely on dad or mom to help you brush the teeth of theirs and cannot do it independently. A little kid ‘s toothbrush that is engaging and fun is perfect at this particular age.
- Ages five to eight – Moving on to much more adult-like toothbrushes and electric toothbrushes, these ages are able to clean their tooth themselves with supervision originating from a parent. Gentle electric toothbrushes with convenient brush heads are well.
- Ages eight upwards – at this stage, the kids are able to clean the teeth of theirs on their own, with very little to no assistance (though it is generally a wise decision to make sure of they are doing it right from the time to time).
Are Electric Toothbrush Good for Kids?
With the fact that the electric toothbrushes can remove up to 100 per cent plaque on teeth and along the gum lines; it is no doubt that electric toothbrushes are good for both adults and kids.
- Some are Bluetooth enabled to track how they brush and offer real-time feedback on how to brush properly
- Most of them have a two-minute timer and a quad pacer to help your child brush at recommended two minutes time and clean all mouth sections evenly
- Some have pressure sensors that alert your child not to brush hard
- Most have reward systems and music to entertain kids while brushing their teeth and
- Soft bristles for gentle and comfortable teeth and gums cleaning
How to choose best kids electric toothbrush:
Picking out the very best electrical toothbrush for children can help your children learn good oral hygiene habits. Here below are some things to consider when looking for children’s toothbrushes
Should you Choose A Kids Mechanical Toothbrush over a Rechargeable one?
All said and done, both manual and children’s electric toothbrushes are capable of properly cleaning your child’s teeth and remove plaque. However, Powered kids toothbrushes are precise in their application. For instance, you can achieve a stable brushing intensity using a rechargeable toothbrush unlike when using a mechanical one. It is also easier to brush for the recommended two minutes using a powered toothbrush,
An article posted in American dentistry magazine, RDH describes a study which discovered that kids that utilized a power toothbrush had considerably longer typical brushing times compared to people who used a mechanical one. This is likely because of the following:
- the ease of theirs of use,
- entertaining characteristics,
- along with built-in timers.
Though mechanical toothbrushes help develop motor abilities for brushing motion in your kid and are cheaper in comparison to rechargeable ones, powered kids toothbrushes offer more.
Benefits of using Kids Electric Toothbrush over a Mechanical One:
- Rechargeable toothbrushes are better at plaque removal than manual ones
- They encourage more brushing and are quite enjoyable to use because of things like timers, vibrations, songs/melodies fitted into the brush.
- Most importantly they help with acquiring very good brushing habits?? Good for children who are turned off by vibrations.
Other Factors to Look at When Choosing an electric toothbrush for kids:
Type of brush heads: small brush heads are preferable because they can easily enter into their small mouths.
- Ergonomic features: The handle should be easy and comfortable to handle.
- The toothbrush head should be small enough to fit into the children’s mouth effortlessly
- Bristles: should be soft and suitable for kids soft gums.
- Entertainment features: To improve children’s focus on cleaning their teeth. Gimmicky features like melodies/songs/stickers are the way to go.
Kids Electric Toothbrush with Timer
Unlike Manual toothbrushes, almost all rechargeable children’s electric toothbrush comes fitted with a timer. Dentists recommend that for effective teeth cleaning we need to clean for at least two minutes.
This applies also for toothbrushes for toddlers which need to have features like
- flashing lights;
- songs that play for the duration of the timer;
- familiar character voices to inspire much longer brushing.
In some cases some of the high-end toothbrushes especially those suited for teenagers have a pressure sensor fitted to warn you when you are brushing too hard.
Kids Electric Toothbrush with App: Children’s electric toothbrush 4 year old
By 4 years old the kids can speak and interact. This is the best time to get a kids electric toothbrush with App.
Some toothbrushes can be connected to an external device (laptop/phone/Ipad) via Bluetooth for more features like games, quizzes and a reward system that encourages the kid to brush for longer and generally enjoy the brushing experience.
This also applies to any electric toothbrush for 5 year old. A toothbrush which pairs with a mobile app also can supply extra inspiration and generate- Positive experience and make brushing enjoyable. It is also helpful to involve your children when choosing a toothbrush for them. This lets them feel much more accountable for the toothbrush of theirs and also, hopefully, for the brushing of theirs also.
Techniques For Using the Best Electric Toothbrush for Kids
Children will only acquire great brushing behaviour when they’re younger by imitating what their parents are doing and they’ll hopefully stick to them for life. As such your child is going to need supervision or help with tooth brushing until they’re seven or eight years of age.
Start when the first teeth of theirs come through and stick to these hints to help you ensure they are brushing properly. Good brushing behaviour and technique will help in minimizing the chances of them acquiring tooth cavities, gum disease along with other dental health complications.
- Children, like adults, should brush for two minutes twice a day, with one of those times being just before bed.
- Use toothpaste which has fluoride; no less than 1,000 ppm for kids up to age 6 as well as 1,350 + thereafter.
- Use only a smear of toothpaste until age 3 after 3 use a pea-sized blob.
- Take care to invest time on every surface of every tooth.
- Get your child used to the hand movement of brushing by holding their hand in yours as you help them brush.
- Use a mirror so they are able to determine what aspects of the mouth of theirs they’re going.
- Don’t wash with excessive water after brushing (this washes away from the fluoride).
- Replace the brush every 3 weeks (or quicker in case the child has a tendency to munch on it).
Best Electric Toothbrush For Teenagers
By the time your children hit teenage age, they should be very confident of their brushing technique and should be getting a toothbrush with higher frequency, Sonicare kids rechargeable toothbrush which is considered the best electric toothbrush for 12 year old can be a good starting point as you edge closer to buying them a more advanced toothbrush.
They will probably still be making use of a kid’s toothbrush, inevitably transitioning to adult dimensions with little, soft brush heads, and ultimately to an entirely adult electricity toothbrush sometime in the very first many years of high school. Below are some toothbrushes best suited for teenagers.
- Philips Sonicare for Kids Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Blue HX6321/02
- Sonic Electric Toothbrush for Kids and Teenagers, Cartoon Design, Proalpha Wireless USB Fast Charging Waterproof Toothbrush With 2 Reminder Heads, 3 Modes with Timer, Mode Memory(white)
- Electric Toothbrush Powerful Sonic Cleaning – ADA Accepted Toothbrush with Smart Timer 4 Hours Charge Minimum 30 Days Use 5 Optional Modes Whitening Toothbrushes for Adults with 3 Brush Heads Black
- Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, White HX6817/01 (Packaging may Vary)
Battery Powered Toothbrush for toddlers
Children’ rechargeable power toothbrushes come in two forms, battery operated and electrical rechargeable ones. Battery operated ones are usually cheaper. A battery-operated toothbrush takes AAA or AA batteries which should be changed once the old ones run low. The lower the energy gets, the less reliable they’re at cleaning teeth.
- Simply because these brushes are sold primarily with kids in mind, they generally feature familiar characters and eye-catching colours.
- Though they are not as great as rechargeable ones they are great for getting children used to experiencing the vibrations in the mouth of theirs. To start them off on a much stronger chargeable model might place them off of the concept totally.
- The reduced price of kids toothbrushes operated by the battery may end up being more expensive if the toothbrush you buy does not have replacement brush heads.
- Replacing the whole unit every three months are going to end up being a great deal more in the long haul.
- If you are unsure how the child of yours is going to react to an electrical brush, a battery-powered one is a relatively little investment to test the concept out. Lots of parents, previously happy that the child of theirs will put it to use correctly, might, therefore, spend in a costly (and effective) chargeable model.
Here below are some of the best battery operated kids toothbrushes
- Amazon Brand – Solimo Kids Battery Powered Toothbrush, 2 Count
- Colgate Kids Battery Powered Toothbrush, Branch
- Papablic BabyHandy 2-Stage Sonic Electric Toothbrush for Babies and Toddlers Ages 0-3 Years
- Oral-b Pro-health Sparkle Fun Battery Kids Toothbrush With Replaceable Sensitive Brush Head, for Kids 3+
- kids& Baby Toothbrush Electric Sonic Battery Powered With Smart Timer and Colorful LED, Baby &kids Electric Toothbrushes—Baby Sonic Toothbtush(BLUE) (Blue)
Which is your favourite best electric toothbrush for kids 2020?