Find best electric toothbrush for kids reviews 2018: Introducing kids electric toothbrush can have a big impact in the way your children perceive teeth cleaning. The fun features kick up excitement in them and make it much easier to encourage kids to brush their teeth.
Anyone who has tried teaching a young one to brush their teeth knows that at the initial stages, it can be a battle to get them to brush their pearls.
After rigorous research, we have selected top electric toothbrush for kids age 1 year, 2, 3, 4, 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 to 20 years old with the right size for a kid to handle. The handles are soft, nice and perfect for little hands. Their brush heads also are soft for the little ones.
- They also have appropriate bristles that will work well with the kids gums.
- These electric toothbrushes for kids with timer, for example, use musical tones rather than the harsh beeps. Music especially engages children which encourages them to brush longer.
- They start with a short timer and builds up the time to the recommended two minutes.
Best Electric Toothbrush For Kids 2018
1. Philips Sonicare Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Best For 10, 11 and 12 Year Old Child
The Philips Sonicare Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush For Kids Hx6311 07 with timer feature allows extension of the brushing time that ensures your child achieves the dentist recommended time of 2 minutes of brushing time.
The brush also has been rubberized and with an extra soft brush head that is designed to protect your kid’s young teeth. Its kidpacer alerts your child to move to the next quadrant and thus ensuring that they clean their teeth thoroughly.
Some of the features and specifications of the Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 that make it a perfect choice for your child’s oral hygiene include:
- The Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 is gentle yet effective. It uses Sonicare’s patented technology that delivers 500 brushstrokes every second removing up to 75 percent plaque in most hard to reach areas than the manual ones.
- It delivers a kid-friendly low and high power modes that allow your kid to get a gentle yet very effective oral clean.
- The kids rechargeable toothbrush by Philips HX6311/07 is easy to use. it features an ergonomically originated handle that makes brushing a simple and a comfortable task on their own or even with their parents.
- Features a rubberized ultra-soft brush head that ensures a gentle and thoroughly clean and protects the teeth as they grow. This is ideal best electric toothbrush for kids with braces to go around and also in the brackets.
- Features a stabilized handpiece that allows your kids to apply toothpaste easily while it lays on the counter or a flat surface. This Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 is meant to make brushing the teeth fun for your young ones.
- It features the KidPacer Fun sounds that usually encourage kids to clean all the areas of the mouth, to add on this, the children can also customise it using the 8 possible interchangeable stickers.
- Has a kid timer feature that alerts your child to brush their teeth for the dentist-recommended time of 2 minutes.
- There also exists an application for the HX6311/07. This application is an educational application that teaches your kid how to brush properly in a unique and fun way. This application features two fictional characters, Vicky or Bjorn that help your kid achieve a good oral health.
2. Oral B Electric Toothbrush For Kids, Pro-Health
The Oral B Electric Toothbrush For Kids, is also referred to as Crest Kid’s Toothpaste featuring Disney’s Frozen, 4.2 oz Oral B. In some cases it is called Oral-B Frozen. It is arguably the best electric toothbrush for kids aged 6+. However, parents have reported using it on 2-year-olds with parental guidance (they hold the brush for the kid and control pressure exerted on the teeth).
- It comes fitted with a Disney themed magic timer app. The app is quite interactive and really helps in encouraging your loved ones to brush for longer up to the 2 minutes dentist recommendation.
- It has a waterproof handle and can actually be used in a shower if you wanted to.
- It has soft bristles and can be used on sensitive teeth and even with braces
- It is usually sold with Crest toothpaste which has a minty taste that appeals to children.
Regular brushing strengthens the enamel and protects the enamel and is an effective protection to the cavity.
Just like the adult one, it makes 40000 pulsations and 8600 oscillations, it employs the patented Oral B rotary technology. The battery lasts for one week. The bristles are soft, they are made of nylon.
It comes with a two-year warranty.
The key highlight in the Oral B pro-health is the Disney app which can be downloaded from Google Play, the app store or from Oral B after you scan the product.
The app is quite engaging and fun. As the child brushes a new fun image will be revealed. The longer they brush the more rewards they get for the progress made.
The app also allows you to track the progress of your child’s brushing progress over time by the help of a calendar. With this app, your children will love brushing their teeth. They will brush for longer.
3. Sonicare For Kids Bluetooth Connected Best for 4, 5, 6 and 7 Year Old Child
The PhilipsSonicare For Kids Bluetooth Connected Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush, hx6321/02 is arguably the best kids electric toothbrush.
- It has fun and practical features packed in it that enhance the teeth brushing experience of children of all ages.
- It has a free interactive App that not only excites children but educates them too. Children get cool rewards for progress made in their brushing sessions.
- Unlike the Oral B app that inconveniently requires you to always scan it on a smart device before accessing it, the Philips Sonicare toothbrush app is complimentary and hassle-free to use.
- The Philips Sonicare for kids employs patented Sonic technology that is weighted to children’s needs. It is programmed to produce fewer vibrations at the beginning and increases the oscillations gradually as your young one gets used to using an electric toothbrush.
The Sonic movements make 500 strokes per second to effectively dislodge all plaque on the teeth and under the gum line. It is highly effective and removes 75%more plaque than a manual one. 91% of dentists who are parents prefer it for their young ones.
3. Brusheez Children Electric Toothbrush
The Brusheez is an animal-themed children’s toothbrush. It is marketed for children aged 3 years and above.
It is actually a complete teeth brushing set complete with a fun cup for rinsing and a stand that is shaped as a pony for the toothbrush. The brush is called Prancy the Pony. It has soft bristles that rotate at 4000 rpm. (rotations per minutes).
For the two minutes timer, the Brusheez has a decorated mini hourglass that counts the two minutes recommended by dentists. It comes with two brush heads and an animal-themed decorated head cover.
It is powered by double AA batteries. It comes with accessories to enable mount the brushing unit on the wall. You also get brushing charts to track your child’s teeth cleaning progress.
- It has five-year warranty which is an indication of its durability. They have replacement heads to ensure your brush is always effective and hygienic.
- It is a complete set with the added bonus of animal-themed head covers that protects the brush head from dust and germs.
- The animal theme –Prancy the Pony is quite exciting and makes children associate brushing with fun.
- The fun miniature hourglass inspires good oral habits. Your children will learn to clean for at least two minutes and these are habits they will keep throughout their lives.
- The vibration could be too loud for some people.
- It does not have a quadrant to remind you when you brush each quarter of your mouth.
- The on/off button is a bit hard to push especially for kids below 3.
4. Lovely Dolphin Design Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrush
The Lovely Dolphin Design Kids Sonic is marketed for 3-9-year-olds.
- It has soft DuPont nylon bristles that are just perfect for children’s tender gums.
- It is waterproof which is good for kids because most kids like playing with water.
- It comes with three replacement heads for maximum durability and flexibility.
- It has the three elements that excite kids most: vibrations, amber flashing lights, and music, it is the ultimate toothbrush that will get your kid love brushing their teeth.
Like most sonic toothbrushes, the Lovely Dolphin Design Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrush with Musical LED Light, 2m Timer and 30s Reminder Features, Replaceable 2 Extra Heads.(Sky blue) makes 22000 brush strokes per minutes. These high-frequency movements are sure to dislodge any hidden food residue and plaque.
You are assured the dental health and hygiene of your children will be top notch. The thing with many children is that many of them do not easily warm up to the idea of brushing their teeth but the Lovely Dolphin Design Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrush makes this huddle a breeze.
It is packed with seven popular English kids songs that your kids will find fun listening to when brushing. This combined with a brush head that is lit with colorful shining LED lights is the ultimate plaything for your kids.
The two minutes timer and quadpacer teach your children good teeth cleaning habits from an early age. You can order replacement brush heads directly from the manufacturer’s website.
In case your children have grown up, you may want to check proper best kids electric toothbrushes here. They offer more functionality and customization that allows kids to express themselves and fall in love with cleaning their teeth.
- Operates on sonic technology that makes multiple movements to deeply clean your kids teeth
- It has all the fun features most children like and will make your child be interested in brushing their teeth.
- It is waterproof and can be used in the shower or when your child is playing with water.
- It comes with a stand which makes it easy to store.
It operates on triple AAA batteries which can be cumbersome to replace. Battery life is two months when brushing at least twice every day.
5. Oral B Pro Health Battery Power Electric Toothbrush
The Oral B Pro Health Battery Powered Electric Toothbrush For Kids is specially designed for kids aged 3 years and above.
It is themed with fun things like Disney Pixar’s ‘Finding Dory’. Like most Oral B brushes, it operates on the scientifically proven Oral B technique of rotation and oscillations that removes more plaque from teeth and under the gum line than manual ones in spite of children’s’ imperfect tooth cleaning skills.
The Pro Health stages Oral B rechargeable electric toothbrush features really soft bristles that will be gentle for 3-year-olds gum tissues. The brush head and general design is ‘smallish’, just the right size for children.
- The Health stages Pro child electric toothbrush with timer sings fun melodies to alert the child when they have brushed for the dentist recommended time of 2 minutes.
- It operates on rechargeable batteries that can last up to five days on a full charge. The charger is only compatible with America’s standard volts of 110 volts.
- It has a quadrant timer that alerts the child when to move from one section of the mouth (quadrant) to the other. The 30 seconds timer is loaded with 16 melodies which play one at a time in every signal.
- Thanks to the Oral B patented rotary cleaning technique, this power brush cleans on a tooth by tooth basis. It encircles each tooth in multiple rotations to dislodge all plaque. It is equally great for kids when they are losing their baby teeth.
It features the Oral B Disney Magic Timer App. This app is fully packed with Disney characters that young ones love. All you need to do is scan your power brush on the App on your smart device (Ipad, smartphone etc) once you have downloaded it from the App store or Google Play. After your brush is scanned, Disney characters will show up. More Disney images will reveal themselves inch by inch as the kid continues to brush. The more they brush the more the Disney (Finding Dory), star wars and Marvel characters reveal themselves.
The progress made by children in their brushing experience can be tracked via a helpful calendar in the app.
This groundbreaking technique helps kids engage in brushing their teeth and brush longer. They brush long because the whole teeth cleaning exercise is fun filled with Disney characters.
Best Electric Toothbrush for 2 Year Old Child
Children’s electric toothbrush makes babies warm up to brushing their teeth. Toddlers like fun stuff to keep them engaged. Here below, we have reviewed what we consider to be the best toothbrush for kids under 2 years old. Our reviews cast a wide age range that includes finger toothbrushes that are suitable for 3-12 months old to best toothbrushes for children aged 15-18+ months.
A common feature in our selection is the fact that most of the brushes have flashing lights, music, and cartoons to excite your tots.
Dentists recommend that you start brushing your child’s when the baby is first introduced to solid food. At this stage, the main objective is to get the kid into the experience of brushing their teeth and developing a routine. 2 year old’s have a very low attention span, to keep them interested in brushing; your best bet is to go for a child’s electric toothbrush age 2. Some electric toothbrushes for kids come fitted with popular songs, flashing lights and cartoon characters. These are the ones that are best suited to keep your toddler engaged until they develop the habit of brushing their teeth as recommended by dentists.
It has been said that electric toothbrushes remove way more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Most children easily connect with an electric toothbrush. This is because of the vibrations; music tones are captivating for kids. Below is our list of top of electric toothbrush for a 2 year old.
7. Haigerx Kids Electric Toothbrush
The Haigerx electric toothbrush Sonicare is the best alternative to Philips Sonicare for kids. It is also called Sonicare rechargeable music timer.
- It is lightweight. It only weighs 0.084 kg.
- It has a smallish handle sizeable enough for young ones.
- It comes in two colors: Blue and pink and
- it is that it has continuous music throughout the two minutes recommended by ADA (American Dentist Association). The music is split into 4 popular rhymes like “Old Mac-Donald had a Farm Eeiha! Eeiha! Oohh!”.
The different rhymes act as quadrant signal to remind you to move from one section of the mouth to the next. This as you can imagine captures most children’s interest.
The bristles are made of soft, DuPont nylon bristles that are appropriate for tender gums.
As already mentioned, it has the ADA recommended two minutes timer and a 30 seconds interval signal (quadrant) that is signaled by a change of the music.
It is recommended that you charge it for 16-24 hours when you first use it. The charger lasts as long as two weeks plus for regular use. To operate, press for at least five seconds on the ON/OFF button.
Many parents report that Haigerx Sonicare encourages their young ones to learn timeless teeth cleaning habits like brushing for two minutes.
This singing toothbrush is a far improved version of Arm and Hammer tooth tunes that belts out modern music by established musicians like One Direction. This music brush only hit the market in early August 2016 but is already a best seller on Amazon. This alone is a testament to its quality. It is durable and effective.Oral-B Pro-Health For Me Kids Electric Toothbrush(Flash news- The Oral B pro For Me has been discontinued in favor of the Oral B Pro-Health JR)
The Oral B Pro-health For Me is marketed for tweens. However, it can actually be used by nontwins. It is more or less like the Oral B Pro-Health JR apart from the fact that the Pro-Health for me comes with two brush heads, hence it marketed for tweens.
8. OJV Professional Electric Toothbrush for 2 Year Old
The OJV professional is for the age range 2 to 5 years. It is a decent electric toothbrush for 2 year old; however, it can be used by children beyond this age range.
- It comes in two colors: pink and blue.
- It comes with a sheet of fun cartoon pictures on the handle which babies find interesting.
- It has a USB charging port and the base and light that indicates the brushing mode in use.
- It has two minutes times and popular children melodies that will lure your kid to keep brushing for the recommended two minutes.
The two minutes time trains children early on to develop good oral cleaning habits of cleaning for at least two minutes as recommended by dentists.
The OJV operates on sonic brushing technology that makes 30000 brush strokes per minutes. These strokes make gentle vibrations that children find quite exciting.
Thanks to the multiple vibrations this toddler electric toothbrush removes 75% more plaque than a manual brush which means that your baby gets a head start in keeping their teeth clean and tartar free.
The [easyazon_link identifier=”B01KC6SYYA” locale=”US” tag=”the-best01-20″]OJV Professional Kids Electric Sonic Rechargeable Toothbrush with 2 Dental Care Modes 4 Songs and 2 Replaceable Brush Heads (Pink-Sonic Toothbrush)[/easyazon_link] has music, light and it spins (well, vibrates) three things that toddlers love most for fun activity. Your baby will have fun using this brush.
Benefits of OJV Toddler Electric Toothbrush
It has a small size brush head fitted with soft bristles that are convenient for children’s small mouths. It has replacement brush heads which is ideal to keep the toothbrush in peak performance when the current bristles get frayed.
- The handle is ergonomic and skid free; easy for babies to handle.
- It is waterproof which makes it easy to clean and maintain especially with kids who like playing with water. It can also be used in the shower
- It has an inbuilt USB charger which makes it convenient to charge using any of your smart devices (phone. Laptop Ipad etc).
- It has a music function that makes children brush for longer and makes teeth cleaning fun. Music played include “London Bridge is burning…” “if you are happy and you know it …”
- It has two modes, gentle and clean mode, this enables to vary the frequency of the brush strokes whenever needed.
- Buying replacement head every four to six months may add up in cost in the long run, but on the flip side, you get quality brush heads that will actually break down plaque and leave your baby with clean plaque-free teeth.
- Some parents find the music to be a bit loud but I bet you, your kids love the music.
9. Oral-B Pro-Health for Me Rechargeable Power Toothbrush
- Waterproof handle with kid-inspired details. The brush head is compatible with most Oral B models.
- Two 2 Oral-B refill brush heads (sensitive clean) – soft enough for children’s tender gums.
- A handy charging station
- It has a 2 minutes timer that encourages children to brush for the recommended two minutes.
- The brush alerts you every 30 seconds that you should move to the next section of your mouth for effective cleaning.
This kids power toothbrush is ideal for 4 to 8 years old. However, the minimum age for use is 2 years. Children below 4 years should get assistance from parents until they get used to the brushing experience of using an electric toothbrush.
Like most other Oral B brushes, you need an adapter if you are traveling to Europe. It only supports America’s standard 110 voltages.
- There is no indicator to notify you that it is fully charged. The battery runs out after only 5 days.
- It employs same speed as that found in adult brushes. I would have loved at least two speeds one high and the other low. This would at least give new users the chance to adjust to using electric toothbrushes. However, it has full approval by America’s Dentist Association to be used by people of a young age.
Best Electric Toothbrush For Toddlers
The electric toothbrush for toddlers makes babies warm up to brushing their teeth. Toddlers like fun things to keep them engaged. Here below, we have reviewed what we consider to be the best electric toothbrush for toddlers. Our reviews cast a wide age range that includes toddler finger toothbrushes that are suitable for 3-12 months old to best rated toothbrush for toddlers aged 15-18+ months. A common feature in our selection is the fact that most of the brushes have flashing lights, music, and cartoons to excite your tots.
Toddler toothbrush: It’s exciting to see your toddler grow teeth, however, to keep those teeth clean you will have to entice them into brushing.
The best toddler toothbrush for your children will excite them into brushing.
The American Dental Association and American Academy for Pediatric Dentistry recommend that you should clean your baby’s gums shortly after birth in the first or second week. Clean by using a moist clean wiping gauze pad.
After the first baby teeth come out at around 6 months brush your child’s teeth with a tiny sized toothpaste to prevent decay.
Clean in between teeth at least two times a day to ensure you remove any residue. Continue this until you feel confident your baby can brush by themselves. According to research, babies are 38% more likely to brush their teeth (with the supervision of an adult) when using a powered toothbrush than a manual one.
I struggled to get my baby put a brush into her mouth until I got an electric toothbrush that had melodies and flashing light. Then brushing baby teeth became fun.
Here is our recommended best toothbrush for toddlers that will turn your baby’s teeth brushing experience from being a chore to a fun activity
10. Brush-Baby BabySonic Best Electric Toothbrush For 1 Year Old Child
The Brush-Baby BabySonic Electric Toothbrush comes with two brush heads, one for toddlers and the other for babies.
- It has lights, vibrations, and a rhythmic pulse for 30 seconds reminder for each quadrant.
- The brush head has a small footprint and soft dentist inspired silicone bristles that do not splay easily.
- It is marketed as suitable for 0-3-year-olds.
In our opinion its the best toothbrush for 15-18 month old. It is quite a revelation because the brush baby complete package comes with teething chewable brushes ideal for toddlers with no teeth.
Brush Baby is the Best Toothbrush for 18 month old
It quite suitable for 18 months olds because it has soft sonic vibrations that are gentle enough for this age range. It also has a tiny brush head compatible with toddlers.
It is quite flexible in that you can choose to turn the vibrations and light on or off whenever you want.
The two minutes timer is marked by flashing lights while the quadpacer (30 seconds quartet/zone reminder) has a pulse reminder.
It is powered by rechargeable triple AAA batteries that last long; approximately 2-3 years.
Pros of the Brush-Baby- Best Toothbrush for Toddler
- It has LED lighting on the brush head which makes it quite exciting for toddlers.
- It is quite durable and can withstand the rough and tumble children expose it to.
- It is easy to get replacement heads.
- It is lightweight, perfect for toddlers
The lighted head and vibrations easily hook children even those who are stubbornly reluctant to brush their teeth. You can choose to have only lights or light and vibrations which give you added flexibility.
The head comes off fairly easily and should be used with parental supervision.
11. Colgate Toddler Electric Toothbrush
The Colgate Toddler Electric Toothbrush, Blaze and Monster Machines oscillates and has soft bristles suitable for kids. It operates on rechargeable triple AAA batteries.
It Oscillates and vibrates at 20,000 vibrations per minute. Oscillation is deemed better at removing food residue from your mouth.
The Colgate Blaze talks to your toddler using character voices as they brush their teeth.
It teaches and guides them as they progress through the different quarters of the mouth and congratulates them when they hit the recommended two minutes.
It has no replacement heads but usually lasts for 3-6 months. The Colgate Blaze comes in a package of 3 (Ninja, transformer and ) the Ninja one talks.
- It’s a talking toothbrush that easily sparks interest in children
- It comes with cartoon and monster pictures that toddlers find exciting.
- They have no replacement heads
- The brush head may be slightly bigger for children under 3 years
Manual Baby Toothbrush for 3 month to 2 Old Year Toddler
Baby toothbrushes are the default starting point for your kid’s lifetime oral care journey. They are usually made from soft silicone and safe to use on your baby. They easily slot into an adults finger which the adult will use to clean the toddlers’ gums with pint-sized fluoride free toothpaste.
As your baby grows, you can slowly introduce, gum massagers, teethers and finally a toothbrush. Here below we have assembled a set of best baby finger toothbrushes you can get for your baby’s oral care needs.
1. Baby Banana Infant Training Toothbrush and Teether, Yellow
As the name suggests this brush is both a baby toothbrush and a teether. It is one of the best selling infant toothbrushes on the market.
- It has soft silicone bristles that massage baby’s teeth. It is safe to use on young ones because it doesn’t have anything made from chemical products. It is phthalate BPA and latex free
- It comes in three colours: banana yellow, pink and blue which a good variety that enables you to pair your choice of toothbrush with your kids preferences.
- It is suitable for one year old and even young ones, as young as 3 months.
- They have handles that are easy to grip to give your kid some form of independence.
- You can wash it in a dish washer or even store it the fridge.
2. Jordan Step 1 Baby Soft Toothbrush For Toddlers, 0-2 Years
The Jordan step soft toothbrush for toddlers is specially designed to have a short neck to safeguard babies from swallowing the brush or being pricked by it. It is currently the best selling toothbrush for one-year-olds.
- It has two tufts of colored bristles to signify the amount of toothpaste to be used. Usually, rice sized fluoride toothpaste for one year olds.
- Oval/roundish shaped ergonomic handles that both parents and toddlers can easily grip.
- Ultra small brush heads with very gentle and soft bristles appropriate for baby’s initial teeth.
- It comes in a set of 4 brushes with different bright colors that are attractive to young ones.
- It can also be used for teething.
3. Baby Buddy Finger Toothbrush Stage 2 for Babies/Toddlers, Kids
A finger toothbrush is a small set of soft cleaning bristles worn on the fingertip. Most finger toothbrush bristles are made of the pliable and easy to clean material silicone.
Finger toothbrushes are often worn by people who are brushing teeth that are not their own (think parent-child) to achieve maximum control and avoid causing tooth or gum injury.
The finger toothbrush is fitted onto the finger of the user so the person is able to gently clean the teeth and massage the gumline at angles that no rigid toothbrush would be able to achieve.
Technicians in the healthcare industry often use disposable finger toothbrushes to clean effectively the teeth of their patients without spreading infections.What are the Benefits of Silicone Finger Toothbrushes for Children?
Silicone finger toothbrush is a toothbrush that delivers the unique benefits of soft silicone. This toothbrush is made up of safe and clean nontoxic silicone, contains silver nano and the negative ions released from bristles inhibit the bacteria, viruses and fungi.
The majority of finger toothbrushes are simply flexible silicone sheaths that are slid on to the end of the index finger and stop before the second joint.
A brush must fit snugly onto the fingertip to make sure it will not come off during use and become a choking hazard
- Helps teething by massaging sore gums
- Encourages your child to get used to their feeling of brushing
- Inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi
- Decrease the risk of bacterial and fungal infections
- Massages baby’s gums during teething
- Softer than nylon bristle
- Protects natural surface of the teeth from abrasion and the gums from recession
- Massages young children delicate gums while protecting the enamel layer on the surface of their teeth, strengthening the gums
- Provides interest in child to brush
- Silicone does not damage the skin rather it tends to develop a natural affinity with skin cells
- Ability to eliminate foreign substances and clean the scales
- Can be sterilized in boiling water or sterilizer
- Relieves sensitivity of teeth and tender gums
- A finger toothbrush made from thicker silicone protects the finger of the wearer from those who have a tendency to bight down during brushing
- Gives parents a more sensitive touch on their child’s tender gums
- Allows better access in hard to reach areas
- Very convenient to use
- hygienic and hypoallergic
- nontoxic and nitrosamine free
- free of BPA and PVC
Some varieties of finger toothbrushes come with carrying cases and ultraviolet sensitizing lights to kill bacteria during storage.How to Use Finger Toothbrush?Sterilize before use by immersing in boiling water 2-5 minutes.
- Wash your hands. Place finger toothbrush on index finger. Make sure finger fit5s snugly inside once put on
- Place small amount of toothpaste on bristles
- Use small circular motion to gently brush your baby’s tiny teeth and gums
- After use, wash in hot water with mild soap and rinse thoroughly with clear water
Brush twice a day
- To prevent possible choking hazards inspect before and after each use and replace immediately if any signs of excessive wear appear.
- This toothbrush is not a toy so don’t allow your child to play with it. To be used by adults only
- Wash before initial use
Some finger toothbrush bristles are built into latex gloves so the brush stays on and the wearer and individual receiving the cleaning are both protected from contamination.
Once the finger toothbrush is in place, the user simply applies gentle pressure with the bristles to clean the teeth and gums using a tight circular motion. This type of finger toothbrush is commonly used in healthcare department.
It is good to start your baby on the right path from the get-go. You might be wondering whether it is necessary to start cleaning your baby’s teeth so early. The truth is your baby can easily develop cavities once they start taking solid food.
Dentists recommend that you should start brushing your baby’s teeth (any teeth that have popped out) and gums when you start giving the baby solid food.
A regular toothbrush might be a challenge to introduce at this time that is why infant training toothbrush, massagers, and teethers are quite common at this stage to help steer your toddler into a lifetime of good oral and dental hygiene.
For young toddlers, ideally, you have the option of using a finger toothbrush or one with handles fit for babies. These look like gum massages and can also act as gum massage. It is also advisable to use fluoride-free toothpaste with fruit flavor which is ok even if they swallow it.