Can I use an electric toothbrush with braces? Well yes. Electric toothbrushes have a good track record when it comes to being used for oral care. They are high powered and get rid of debris and plaque at a rate that is considered by many to be superior to manual toothbrushes. But what is the best electric toothbrush for braces 2019? There are some great electric, battery operated and manual brush options for people with braces.
- With over four million people wearing braces in the U.S. for up to three years, these types of brushes are a must-have to deal with the spaces between the teeth, braces, and wires.
- Are electric toothbrushes good for braces? A good electric toothbrush can really help you get rid of all the food between your teeth and help you get the hygiene that you need when you have braces. Whether an adult or a teenager, you have to admit that it’s a good item to get.
- Without being brushed regularly your teeth could get permanent stains and even gum diseases, calcification, and peritonitis, and you don’t want that and
- Choosing the right brush for you with braces can be done with a little research. The right brush can effectively clean your teeth without getting caught up in your braces because it’s not designed for that.
Read on to find out more and see the top five best electric toothbrushes for braces and see if any of them appeals to you!
Best Electric Toothbrush For Braces 2019
1. Oral B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush
Adults and teenagers alike love this sophisticated and sleek black electric toothbrush. Power rechargeable, this Oral B Pro 7000 SmartSeries toothbrush from Oral B is not to be passed by.
- Bluetooth communication
- Designed to work around brace wires and take out food and plaque
- Great for young people as they will love the design in black
- Waterproof handle
- Promotes good teeth cleaning habits
- Great for teens and adults
The 7000 is arguably the best oral b electric toothbrush for braces.
Check the Oral B 7000 latest price here on Amazon
2. Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite
Get rid of stains and food between the braces easily with this top of the line Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite Rechargeable.
- Three sonic tech settings
- 2-minute timer
- Cleans teeth in a comfortable way for the tooth and gums
- Safe for people with braces to use
- Bristles can reach the wires and get rid of food and plaque from between the teeth
- Angle of the neck allows for reaching all parts of the mouth
- Brush head works well
- Brushes are effective but also gentle
- Works with all orthodontics
- Takes just two minutes of use a day to see the difference
- Removes twice the amount of plaque than other brushes
- Takes away stains from teeth for a prettier smile
– Gentle clean may mean that stain removal takes a while
Check the latest healthywhite latest price here on Amazon
3. Oral-B Pro 3000 Electric Toothbrush for Braces
This high-quality Oral B pro 3000 electric toothbrush from Oral B lets you get the best smile possible as it gradually whitens. Uses Bluetooth and an app to give you feedback on your brushing and your daily routine. Pros
- Get whiter teeth every day as the Oral-B Pro 3000 removes surface stains
- Bluetooth technology connects the Oral-B app to your electric brush to give you personalized daily monitoring and brushing routines
- Comes with a brushing timer in the handle that pulses every thirty seconds to let you know to switch quadrants
- Comes with three modes, the daily clean visible pressure sensor, gum care mode and massage mode, and sensitive mode, for a gentler routine
- The top recommended toothbrush brand by dentists
4. Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control
Get a powerful clean with this Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control that uses patented sonic technology to get up to 31,000 brush strokes a minute that will remove plaque from your teeth like crazy. Pros
- Gap between handle and brush allows the brush-head room to move
- Can remove up to six times the plaque of a manual toothbrush
- Comes with one ProResults brush head for plaque control
- Patented sonic technology allows for 31,000 brush strokes a minute
- Fluid action cleans along gum line and between the teeth
- Comes with a two-minute Smart Timer
- Features the Easy Start, which increases power steadily over the first 14 uses to allow user to adjust
- Two color indicates battery charge and signals you to recharge your brush
- High durability
- May be too powerful at the top setting for some people
- Expensive brush head replacements
5. Waterpik WP-900 Complete Care Water Flosser Toothbrush
Get more effective brushing and flossing than you have ever experienced previously thanks to the Waterpik WP-900. This brush is the Cadillac of sonic toothbrush and flossers, it is one f the few orthodontic electric toothbrush for braces that works expertly to remove debris and plaque that are deep between teeth or below the gum line.
- Great brushing and flossing device
- Removes deep-seated plaque and debris
- Has a high volume reservoir that is capable of 90 or more seconds of water
- Sonic toothbrush tech means a 25% increase in bristle speed over other leading brushes
- Requires only one outlet thanks to efficient space saving design
- Rechargeable and works with the 120 VAC/60 Hz outlet
Can be used in North America only
Check the Waterpik Complete latest price here on Amazon
6. Philips Sonicare for Kids Bluetooth Connected
Quite a number of kids use braces to correct the way their teeth are aligned. The choice power toothbrush for kids with teeth enhancement is Philips Sonicare for Kids Bluetooth Connected Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, HX6321/02.
It runs on the same sonic technology as any other Sonicare toothbrush that makes thousands of revolutions. It also has the easy start where you can slow the sonic revolutions. The multiple revolutions send ripples through crevices including the space between braces and your teeth for an effective clean.
Check the Philips Sonicare for Kids on Amazon
Other Best Toothbrush For Braces 2019
1. Colgate Orthodontic Toothbrush
Although good electric toothbrush for braces are decidedly electric, there are some manual toothbrushes that work well with teeth support reinforcements. Dentists recommend that manual bushes with orthodontic heads are the most suitable.
The most recommended manual toothbrush teeth reinforcements is the Colgate Orthodontic toothbrush. It has a pyramid shaped bristle arrangement that will easily clean deep into the spaces between braces and your teeth.
The Colgate Orthodontic Toothbrush has soft bristles that remove building plaque under your gum line. orthodontic toothbrushes are recommended because they can access tight spaces that differently shaped brush head may not.
Check the Colgate Orthodontic Toothbrushon Amazon
2. Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Battery Powered Toothbrush
The Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Battery Powered Toothbrush is the best selling AA battery powered toothbrush in most online shops. It is compatible with all Oral B brush heads that are used by premium brushes.
- It cleans deep and can effectively clean braces to remove any plaque that might be building up.
- It comes with a precision brush that mirrors dentists tooth by tooth cleaning.
- It has a two minutes timer that will pause three times to remind you that you have cleaned for the dentist recommended two minutes.
- It is soft on your teeth and works well with braces.
There are plenty of great brushes out there when it comes to individuals who have braces. Just because a brush is electric does not mean that it can’t do a great job of being sensitive to the braces and metal.
You can clean your teeth and gums without irritating or messing up your braces, you just have to pick the right brand.
Keeping up oral health doesn’t have to be hard, and it won’t be even if you have braces with the help of these brushes.
We like the Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite+ electric rechargeable toothbrush, HX8911. It’s the best electric toothbrush for braces and gets in there to remove debris and remove stains as well, all while remaining gentle to someone’s smile. The Philips Sonicare 2 Series plaque control rechargeable electric toothbrush, Black, HX6211, is also a good choice if you are looking for a good braces electric toothbrush with a reasonable power behind it.
|1.||Oral B 8000|
|2.||Philips Sonicare Diamondclean|
|3.||Oral B Pro 6500|