Best Electric Toothbrush For Braces 2020? Can I use an electric toothbrush with braces? Well yes. Electric toothbrushes have a good track record when it comes to being used for oral care. They are high powered and get rid of debris and plaque at a rate that is considered by many to be superior to manual toothbrushes.
Last update on 2021-07-27 at 00:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- With over four million people wearing braces in the U.S. for up to three years, these types of brushes are a must-have to deal with the spaces between the teeth, braces, and wires.
- Are electric toothbrushes good for braces? A good electric toothbrush can really help you get rid of all the food between your teeth and help you get the hygiene that you need when you have braces. Whether an adult or a teenager, you have to admit that it’s a good item to get.
- Without being brushed regularly your teeth could get permanent stains and even gum diseases, calcification, and peritonitis, and you don’t want that and
- Choosing the right brush for you with braces can be done with a little research. The right brush can effectively clean your teeth without getting caught up in your braces because it’s not designed for that.
Read on to find out more and see the top five best electric toothbrushes for braces and see if any of them appeals to you!
Best Electric Toothbrush For Braces 2021
1. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush
- Real-time feedback with the Oral-B app focuses brushing on your most important areas, tracks habits over time, motivates with helpful oral care tips, and senses when you brush too hard. A full charge can take up to 24 hours
- Made of different high-tech materials like silicon. Cross Action round brush head with perfectly angled bristles for a precise clean
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
- Rechargeable with 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner
- Speed, Up to 800 brush movements per second , Features, Specially designed seals and gaskets keep the Oral-B 7000 water tolerant to 500 millibars of pressure and it removes 300% more plaque along the gum line than a regular manual brush
Last update on 2021-07-27 at 03:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIAdults and teenagers alike love this sophisticated and sleek black electric toothbrush. Power rechargeable, Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush from Oral B is not to be passed by.
- Bluetooth communication
- Designed to work around brace wires and take out food and plaque
- Great for young people as they will love the design in black
- Waterproof handle
- Promotes good teeth cleaning habits
- Great for teens and adults
The 7000 is arguably the best oral b electric toothbrush for braces.
Check the Oral B 7000 latest price here on Amazon
2. Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite+ Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- Safely brighten your smile by removing up to 100 percentage more stains in only 1 week vs a manual toothbrush
- Gently remove up to 7x more plaque from hard to reach areas better than a manual toothbrush for an optimal clean
- Personalize your brushing experience with 3 intensities and 2 modes: Clean and White proven to remove everyday stains such as coffee, tea, tobacco and red wine
- Our QuadPacer lets you know when you've spent just the right amount of time cleaning each part of your mouth, while our Smartimer tells you when you've brushed for the recommended 2 minutes
- Provides a superior clean through advanced sonic technology that gently creates microbubbles that reach deep between teeth and along the gumline
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 20:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGet rid of stains and food between the braces easily with this top of the line Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite+ electric rechargeable toothbrush .
- Three sonic tech settings
- 2-minute timer
- Cleans teeth in a comfortable way for the tooth and gums
- Safe for people with braces to use
- Bristles can reach the wires and get rid of food and plaque from between the teeth
- Angle of the neck allows for reaching all parts of the mouth
- Brush head works well
- Brushes are effective but also gentle
- Works with all orthodontics
- Takes just two minutes of use a day to see the difference
- Removes twice the amount of plaque than other brushes
- Takes away stains from teeth for a prettier smile
– Gentle clean may mean that stain removal takes a while
Check the latest healthywhite latest price here on Amazon
3. Waterpik WP-900 Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush
- More effective brushing and flossing in one convenient device
- Removes plaque and debris deep between teeth and below the gum line where brushing and traditional flossing can't reach
- High volume reservoir with 90+ seconds of water capacity and sonic toothbrush technology with 25 percent faster bristle speed than other leading sonic toothbrushes
- Space saving design requires only one outlet. 360 degree rotating tip. Water on or off switch on handle is a push button
- Rechargeable sonic toothbrush includes 2 speeds, timer/pacer, and premium travel case
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 13:24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGet more effective brushing and flossing than you have ever experienced previously thanks to the Waterpik WP-900 Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush . This brush is the Cadillac of sonic toothbrush and flossers, it is one f the few orthodontic electric toothbrush for braces that works expertly to remove debris and plaque that are deep between teeth or below the gum line.
- Great brushing and flossing device
- Removes deep-seated plaque and debris
- Has a high volume reservoir that is capable of 90 or more seconds of water
- Sonic toothbrush tech means a 25% increase in bristle speed over other leading brushes
- Requires only one outlet thanks to efficient space saving design
- Rechargeable and works with the 120 VAC/60 Hz outlet
Can be used in North America only
Check the Waterpik Complete latest price here on Amazon
4. Philips Sonicare for Kids Bluetooth Connected Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- 98% of parents say it’s easier to get kids to brush longer and better.
- 91% of dental professional parents prefer Sonicare for Kids for their own children.
- Interactive free app educates and gets kids excited about brushing. Exciting rewards for successful brushing sessions.
- Better check-ups guaranteed! Patented sonic technology. is 75% more effective than manual toothbrushes in hard to reach areas.
- The KidTimer gradually increase to two minutes to help train kids to brush the recommended time, and KidPacer musically alerts when to move to the next quadrant of the mouth to ensure a thorough cleaning.
Last update on 2021-07-27 at 00:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIQuite a number of kids use braces to correct the way their teeth are aligned. The choice power toothbrush for kids with teeth enhancement is Philips Sonicare for Kids Bluetooth Connected Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush .
It runs on the same sonic technology as any other Sonicare toothbrush that makes thousands of revolutions. It also has the easy start where you can slow the sonic revolutions. The multiple revolutions send ripples through crevices including the space between braces and your teeth for an effective clean.
Check the Philips Sonicare for Kids on Amazon
5. Colgate Orthodontic Non Electric Toothbrush for Braces
- Soft outer bristles-specifically designed to remove plaque from the gingival
- MarginCompact head - provides greater access to the posterior areas of the mouth
- 1 count
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 15:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIAlthough good electric toothbrush for braces are decidedly electric, there are some manual toothbrushes that work well with teeth support reinforcements. Dentists recommend that manual bushes with orthodontic heads are the most suitable.
The most recommended manual toothbrush teeth reinforcements is the Colgate Orthodontic Toothbrush . It has a pyramid shaped bristle arrangement that will easily clean deep into the spaces between braces and your teeth.
The Colgate Orthodontic Toothbrush has soft bristles that remove building plaque under your gum line. orthodontic toothbrushes are recommended because they can access tight spaces that differently shaped brush head may not.
Check the Colgate Orthodontic Toothbrushon Amazon
6. Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Battery Powered Toothbrush
No products found.The Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Battery Powered Toothbrush is the best selling AA battery powered toothbrush in most online shops. It is compatible with all Oral B brush heads that are used by premium brushes.
- It cleans deep and can effectively clean braces to remove any plaque that might be building up.
- It comes with a precision brush that mirrors dentists tooth by tooth cleaning.
- It has a two minutes timer that will pause three times to remind you that you have cleaned for the dentist recommended two minutes.
- It is soft on your teeth and works well with braces.
There are plenty of great brushes out there when it comes to individuals who have braces. Just because a brush is electric does not mean that it can’t do a great job of being sensitive to the braces and metal.
You can clean your teeth and gums without irritating or messing up your braces, you just have to pick the right brand.
Keeping up oral health doesn’t have to be hard, and it won’t be even if you have braces with the help of these brushes.
We like the Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite+ electric rechargeable toothbrush, HX8911. It’s the best electric toothbrush for braces and gets in there to remove debris and remove stains as well, all while remaining gentle to someone’s smile.
What to consider before purchasing a toothbrush for braces
We recommend you choose the electric toothbrush to clean under your braces since they give you a lot more like, timers, brush head replacement reminders, ability to track your cleaning habits via Bluetooth and Apps, pressure sensors, different cleaning intensities for your different needs, more brush strokes that sweep bubbles into crevices and are also effective in cleaning teeth. With an electric toothbrush, you will find more oscillations as well as vibrations than you would get with a mechanical toothbrush. Many powered toothbrushes are going to deliver a huge number of brush strokes that manual brushing cannot match. Applying more brush strokes to the teeth means you are getting a better scrubbing that will give you that fresh feeling. That is crucial when you’ve braces. Food debris and film has to be taken out of the cables and brackets. It is able to cause problems later on if the teeth aren’t cleaned properly.
Key Aspects for an Electric Toothbrush for Braces
Once you decide on an electric toothbrush, you also need to get one with different modes: Get the brush that has several and unique modes like tender gum care cleaning mode, whitening mode, regular mode, etc. This will allow you to tackle different aspects of cleaning needs that go hand in hand with cleaning braces. For instance the whitening could help you overcome and colouring on your teeth. The gum care will help clean your gums while the regular cleaning mode will keep your teeth clean while tackling plaque.
Battery charging time:
Battery charging time: Get yourself a brush that has a long lasting, powerful battery. This is to save the hassle of having to charge regularly.
Bristles: Consider strong bristles that will not fray or break easily when cleaning around the orthodontic frame. Bristles also ought to be strong and soft enough to thoroughly clean the braces easily. There are toothbrush brands like Oral B that have specific brush heads for braces: Oral B Ortho Care Essentials replacement brush heads. Others like the Sonicare Diamondclean Smart have concentration of bristles at the centre and some positioned at angles in away that that will help you effectively brush the surface of teeth under the wires that hold the braces. Most Electric toothbrushes also have pressure sensors which help you not to damage your gums. Tartar and plaque can lead to receding gums and even lose of teeth is its not checked.
Keeping Plaque at Bay with Braces On
Plaque is the film you get on your teeth as a result of gradual deposits of food residues that eventually form a hardened film around your gums. Food residues come from a number of sources. Bacteria, drinks, food, and sugars all leave a thin film of residues especially if you don’t regularly clean your teeth. Continual accumulation of plaque is able to lead to disease and cavities. Plaque is a real possibility with braces because the wires cover sections on your teeth surface which makes them harder to clean.
Plaque which is not removed can ultimately turn into tartar; a hardened film which collects under your gums. Electric toothbrushes eliminate plaque before it is able to turn into tartar.
Tips on Using A Sonicare Toothbrush on Orthodontic Braces
The patented Sonicare brushing technology that is based on Sonic movements produces sweeping movement as well as substantial vibrations that aide in cleaning places which typically would be difficult to reach. The vibrations work with water and toothpaste into a foaming action which is actually pushed between the tooth and behind wires and brackets.
When brushing place the brush at a 45 degree angle to sweep foamy liquid between the teeth, along the gumline, and around the brackets. Let the brush head to glide across the teeth and into the wires while going in a circular motion.
Be sure to place the brush head above as well as below the brackets to get all perspectives of the brace. Do not forget about the essential surfaces of the tooth.
How Oral B electrical toothbrush job for brackets?
The circular shape of Oral B brush heads are actually intended to encircle the tooth while rotating and oscillating in a way that completely cleans the tooth from all dimensions. This guarantees you do not miss some aspects of the teeth including areas between the tooth. The oscillating vibrations brush all of the plaque and film from your braces and teeth.
Add toothpaste to the circular brush head and put it against your back molar. It is best to begin at the back and move ahead, which means you get all the teeth. Angle the brush head to permit it to reach the gum line and the teeth. Angle below as well as above the brackets as well as cables to get behind these bits.
It is crucial you do not forget about the essential chewing surfaces portion of the teeth. These should not be ignored as you concentrate on cleaning the braces.
What would be considered the best Oral B toothbrush for Braces? Smart Oral B brushes that have the Ortho care essential brush heads. Any of the Smart Series or Genius models should work a treat. The high end Oral B toothbrushes give you more customization options for braces.
Choosing An Electric Toothbrush for Kids Braces
When you are choosing for a kid, make sure it has one that is going to keep them entertained. Think stickers, melodies and flashing lights. This will arrest the kids attention so that they can be able to brush for the recommended two minutes without being bored and discarding the tooth cleaning task.
Often Asked Questions on Toothbrush for Braces
Can you want a specific toothbrush for braces?
Yes, to brush under the braces you will need a toothbrush that has strong bristles that will not spray and snap when cleaning under the orthodontic brace. Particularly in case you’ve braces, it’s very likely that the braces will catch a great deal of food particles. And then it is going to become hard to cope with it. As the plaque will begin building up, it won’t be easy to eliminate it. Electric toothbrushes are scientifically proven to remove more plaque than manual ones. Gum diseases, sensitivity, along with other problems will start cropping up due to poor dental hygiene.
Tips on Using an Electric toothbrush to clean your braces
Using an electric toothbrush is actually simple. Apply a little toothpaste on the brush. Hold the toothbrush of yours at an angle of 45 degree, pressed up against your teeth gums to have the procedure. Turn the brush on, and start in this specific area, between the teeth and gums area. Do not ever start from the bottom as you’ll probably push bacteria and food particles up into your gum line by doing this, which just further irritates them. Try massaging into the small space between the teeth and the gums to remove some particles of food. Work your way down the whole gum line at the top. Move down every tooth vertically, and next clean the small space in between the tooth. Allow the brush to do the task. Your focus should mainly be on positioning.
When you complete cleaning the top row, work your way down to the bottom row. Firstly, work the teeth , moving in between each tooth, and then spit it out. Then, you are going to need to go back as well as get to the bottom gum line. Now, rinse, spit, and you’re done with the brushing.
Are Smart toothbrushes that pair with a smartphone suitable toothbrush for braces?
The brand new Oral B PRO 5000 electric toothbrush, in addition to the Oral B 7000 model, are actually groundbreaking toothbrushes with a first-of-its-kind Bluetooth technology. The Bluetooth technology has focused guidance, feedback and care throughout your oral care and hygiene journey All that you have to do after purchasing the toothbrush with a Bluetooth choice is usually to obtain the accompanying program (App) to get real time feedback while you clean for better brushing practices.
With the application, you are able to adjust your brushing routine based on the needs It allows you to select specific dental care journeys based on your dental health goals, like fresher breath or perhaps whiter teeth, to help the achievement of the best fresh. Utilize the Oral B application to share the progress you making with your dentist. This enables them to provide in-depth directions and suggestions for one to follow at home. Furthermore, the application stores your brushing data up for to 6 weeks, which enables you to share or even report the newest developments with the dentist.
How frequently do you change the toothbrush of yours with braces?
A traditional or perhaps a typical toothbrush is actually recommended to be changed every three months. Nevertheless, in the situation of individuals with braces, the entire scenario changes and this’s due to the toothbrush, whether it is electric or manual, it is available in connection with the brackets of braces that is the reason it becomes hard to modify the toothbrush with brackets. Whenever you think that the bristles are actually becoming torn as well as worn out, you ought to try using a unique toothbrush or perhaps a completely different toothbrush head. Furthermore, electrical toothbrushes, also have indicators or perhaps alerts that show you that the mind of the toothbrush needs replacement.
Are electric powered toothbrushes good for braces?
Many people might think that the electrical toothbrushes aren’t suitable for teeth since they could be harsh and they could cause bleeding but this is not the case.. The electric toothbrushes are actually great for individuals with braces since they’ve softer bristles. When placed in the best angle they comfortably reach places which are generally not easily reached by a regular toothbrush.
Just how do you brush the bottom of the teeth of yours with braces?
Brushing the bottom part of the brackets with the regular toothbrush is almost impossible, due to the large head , the brush is not able to reach the bottom part of the teeth. The building up of plaque due to hygiene that is bad starts stinking and ultimately your breath becomes truly nasty. To make certain you cleanse the bottom part of the braces, you have to get he hands of yours on a toothbrush that has a smaller head. With the tiny head of the toothbrush, you are going to be in a position to cover the bottom part of the tooth while with braces. Or else, reaching the areas that are difficult to reach is very hard without the correct tool. Ensure you remain gentle and use the proper pressure, putting on maximum strain is able to result in injuries in the jaws.
Is it possible to brush your teeth too much with braces?
There is a possibility that you might brush your teeth excessively. This’s because with braces, you may always feel that the food is actually building up and plaque will take over mouth. Thus, to stay away from this start brushing the teeth gently.
Can electric toothbrushes be transported easily?
Generally, electrical toothbrushes mostly come with a traveling case so you are able to use that case for going with the toothbrush.