- With over four million people wearing braces in the U.S. for up to three years, these types of brushes are a must-have to deal with the spaces between the teeth, braces, and wires.
- A good electric toothbrush can really help you get rid of all the food between your teeth and help you get the hygiene that you need when you have braces. Whether an adult or a teenager, you have to admit that it’s a good item to get.
- Without being brushed regularly your teeth could get permanent stains and even gum diseases, calcification, and peritonitis, and you don’t want that and
- Choosing the right brush for you with braces can be done with a little research. The right brush can effectively clean your teeth without getting caught up in your braces because it’s not designed for that.
Read on to find out more and see the top five electric toothbrushes for braces and see if any of them appeal to you!
Top 5 Best Electric Toothbrushes For Braces 2018
- Bluetooth communication
- Designed to work around brace wires and take out food and plaque
- Great for young people as they will love the design in black
- Waterproof handle
- Promotes good teeth cleaning habits
- Great for teens and adults
- Three sonic tech settings
- 2-minute timer
- Cleans teeth in a comfortable way for the tooth and gums
- Safe for people with braces to use
- Bristles can reach the wires and get rid of food and plaque from between the teeth
- Angle of the neck allows for reaching all parts of the mouth
- Brush head works well
- Brushes are effective but also gentle
- Works with all orthodontics
- Takes just two minutes of use a day to see the difference
- Removes twice the amount of plaque than other brushes
- Takes away stains from teeth for a prettier smile
– Gentle clean may mean that stain removal takes a while
#3: Waterpik WP-900 Complete Care Water Flosser Toothbrush
- Great brushing and flossing device
- Removes deep-seated plaque and debris
- Has a high volume reservoir that is capable of 90 or more seconds of water
- Sonic toothbrush tech means a 25% increase in bristle speed over other leading brushes
- Requires only one outlet thanks to efficient space saving design
- Rechargeable and works with the 120 VAC/60 Hz outlet
Can be used in North America only
- Gap between handle and brush allows the brush-head room to move
- Can remove up to six times the plaque of a manual toothbrush
- Comes with one ProResults brush head for plaque control
- Patented sonic technology allows for 31,000 brush strokes a minute
- Fluid action cleans along gum line and between the teeth
- Comes with a two-minute Smart Timer
- Features the Easy Start, which increases power steadily over the first 14 uses to allow user to adjust
- Two color indicates battery charge and signals you to recharge your brush
- High durability
- May be too powerful at the top setting for some people
- Expensive brush head replacements
- Get whiter teeth every day as the Oral-B Pro 3000 removes surface stains
- Bluetooth technology connects the Oral-B app to your electric brush to give you personalized daily monitoring and brushing routines
- Comes with a brushing timer in the handle that pulses every thirty seconds to let you know to switch quadrants
- Comes with three modes, the daily clean visible pressure sensor, gum care mode and massage mode, and sensitive mode, for a gentler routine
- The top recommended toothbrush brand by dentists
Electric Toothbrushes For Braces Bottom Line
You can clean your teeth and gums without irritating or messing up your braces, you just have to pick the right brand.
Keeping up oral health doesn’t have to be hard, and it won’t be even if you have braces with the help of these brushes.
We like the Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite+ electric rechargeable toothbrush, HX8911. It’s a good general electronic toothbrush for people with braces and gets in there to remove debris and remove stains as well, all while remaining gentle to someone’s smile. ThePhilips Sonicare 2 Series plaque control rechargeable electric toothbrush, Black, HX6211 Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush is also a good choice if you are looking for a good clean with a reasonable power behind it.