Oral B Genius 8000 vs 10000 (Genius X)
The Oral B Genius X also called Oral B 10000 is an improved version of the best selling Oral B Genius 8000.
Notice: In 2016, Oral B introduces the 8000 model with position detection feature as its selling point. By connecting your Oral B 8000 with Oral B app via Bluetooth you can easily see graphically on your phone which area you are brushing and where you have missed or brushed too hard.
And for the 8000's position detection feature to work, you are asked to brush your teeth while front-facing your phone camera. To aid this the 8000 come with a phone holder that can be attached to the bathroom tiles or mirror.
Now with the Oral B Genius X, you do not have to video yourself brushing. Genius X uses an artificial intelligence system to detect where you are brushing and where you have missed without you recording yourself.
However, in case you want to see the feedback instantly you have to have your phone with you right there. Otherwise, the brush will continue recording and keeping data for up to 30 days for you to view them at your own convenience time.
Apart from that, other key defining differences include:
- 5 vs 6 modes: Whereas Oral B 10000 comes with 6 cleaning modes, the 8000 model comes with 5. They both come with (sensitive, gum care, daily clean, deep clean and whitening). The 10000 includes one more mode, a tongue cleaning in which the 8000 lacks it.
- Brush heads: Whilst the Genius 8000 comes with 3 brush heads, the Oral B Genius X, 10000 comes with only one brush head. However, there is a genius x luxe that comes with 4 brush heads
- Check the Oral-B Genius X Luxe Edition with Artificial Intelligence Rose Gold Electric Toothbrush, 4 Toothbrush Heads, Gum Pressure Sensor, Luxury USB Charging Travel Case, UK 2 Pin Plug
- Oral B 8000 is cheaper than the 10000 model.
Otherwise, both Oral B Genius X and 8000 come with a built-in timer with pacer to help you brush at recommended dentists two minutes time, twice a day.
- Both have a 3D LED SmartRing visible pressure sensor to alerts you when brushing hard
- They both use a lithium-ion battery that stays up to 2 weeks time when fully charged before a need to recharge it again
- They are both Bluetooth connect to help you connect your brush to the Oral B app for real-time coaching and tracking
- They both employ 3D cleaning action (rotates, vibrates and pulsates) to remove up to 100% dental plaque when compared to using a manual toothbrush
- Both come with a USB travel case that can charge your brush and your smartphone at the same time
- Check the Oral-B Genius X with Artificial Intelligence Black Electric Toothbrush, 1 Toothbrush Head, 6 Cleaning Modes, Gum Pressure Sensor, USB Charging Travel Case, UK 2 Pin Plug.
Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9000 Differences
In summary, the Oral B Genius 9000 is a slight improvement on the Genius 8000. This improvement comes in the form of an extra cleaning mode (tongue cleaner). The core functionality of the two models is more or less the same. Below is the point to point differences between Oral B Genius 8000 and 9000.
- The Oral B Genius 8000 was first of the Oral B premium models that featured the cutting edge position detection technology, a feature that cuts across all genius models. However, unlike the 9000, it does not have tongue cleaner functionality.
- The Genius 9000 has a more prestigious travel case that can also be used as a USB charger for your toothbrush. 8000 has a travel case but it is modest compared to the 9000 and it doesn’t have USB charging capability via the travel case.
- While the 9000 comes in five distinct colours (Rose-gold, Silver, Orchid, Black and white), the 8000 comes in white colour only.
- You get 4 brushes (Cross-action, FlossAction, Sensitive and 3D White) accessorized in the box when you grab a new 9000 model while the 8000 comes with only 3 brush heads (CrossAction, 3DWhite and Sensitive) included in the box.
- Check, Oral B 9000 vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart
Oral B Genius 8000 vs 8900
On the outset, these two are more or less the same toothbrush in terms of functionalities and features. The Oral B Genius 8000 was introduced to curtail the limitation 8000 experienced when two or more people used the same brush handle with different brush heads to record brushing data via the Bluetooth connectivity.
While Genius 8000 comes with one brush handle through which you record brushing data, the Oral B Genius 8900 comes accessorised with two brush handles. The Oral B Genius 8900 is especially useful for couples or if you are going to share the toothbrush with a partner or family members. This is because the two brush handles generate and store brushing data for each respective user. This helps you to have accurate data that you can use to analyse as you seek to improve your brushing technique.
Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9900
- The Oral B Genius 9900 has an extra cleaning mode; the tongue. The Genius 8000 does not have a tongue cleaner.
- The 8000 comes with three brush heads (Sensitive,3D White and CrossAction)
- The Genius 9900 has a high-end premium travelling case in comparison to the 8000 that is made of modest plastic material.
- The Genius 9900 comes in two colours (Black and Rose-gold) while Oral B 8000 comes only in white colour.
Oral B Genius 8900 vs 9900
- The Oral B Genius 8900 does not come with a tongue cleaning feature while the 9900 model has a tongue cleaning feature.
- The Oral B Genius 9900 comes with a prestigious travel case that enables you to charge your toothbrush using smart devices like Android phone or Ipad. This is achieved by the use of USB charging.
Oral B Genius 8900 vs. 9000
- As pointed above, the Oral B Genius 8900 is sold with two brush handles in the box. This feature was introduced to help people sharing brush handles to get accurate brushing data because two handles enable you to get two respective data for two people who want to track their teeth brushing data. The 9000 Genius only comes with one brush handle.
- The Genius 8900 does not come with a tongue cleaner feature while the Oral B Genius 9000 has a tongue cleaning mode.
- The 8900 Genius is accessorized with three brush heads ( Sensitive, CrossAction and 3D White) compared to Genius 9000 that comes with 4 brush heads (FlossAction, Sensitive, CrossAction and 3D White)
- While the Genius 8900 comes with a standard basic travelling case for the toothbrush, the Genius 9000 has a high-spec travel case that enables you to charge your toothbrush using a USB port using any smart device like an Android phone or directly to a USB power socket.
- Though the 8900 Genius is only available in white colour only, the Genius 9000 comes in 5 different colours (Rose-gold, Silver, White, Orchid Purple, and Black).
Oral B 9000 vs 9900: What Differentiates them?
Just like the 8900, Oral-B Genius 9900 is a linear progression of the 8000 Genius. It comes with two brush handles. However, the mechanism of the 9900 brush handle is the same as that of Oral-B Genius 9000 .
The 9900 was introduced to cater for couples or families. It comes with two handles as opposed to one. The handles are usually in two separate colours (black and rose-gold). You also get 4 brush heads (2 CrossAction, 1 3D White and 1 Sensitive) when you buy the 9900 Genius. All the brush heads are white in colour.
The 9900 comes in two distinct colours: Black and Rose-gold while the 9000 comes in 5 colours (Rose-gold, White, Black, Orchid purple and silver).
Though the 9900 comes with 4 brush heads just like the 9000 but the brush heads that come with each respective model are different. In the 9000 the four brush heads compose of CrossAction, FlossActions, 3D White and Sensitive). On the other hand, the 9900 is accessorised with 2 CrossAction brush heads, one 3D White and one Sensitive (note that the 9900 doesn’t come with a FlossAction brush head).
Oral B 9000 vs 10000 (Genius X)
The thing that sets the Oral-B 10000 also called Oral B Genius X apart is the fact that it comes with built-in artificial intelligence technology that tracks the different location in your mouth to highlight areas you have brushed and where you have missed same as the 9000 model that uses 'position detection feature'.
But, the difference is while for the 9000 position detection feature to work you have to have your phone with you (video yourself brushing). Meanwhile, with this new genius x you do not need to have the phone with you all the time unless you want to see graphics on how you are brushing on real-time.
- The gum guard is another defining difference between 9000 and 10000 . If you brush hard, it reduces the brush speed as a means to alert you not to harm your teeth and gums
- It comes with premium travel that has an embossed textured case and a bag for the travel case.
- The other difference is that the Oral-B Genius X comes : Anthracite Grey, blush pink, rose gold, and midnight black colours. Meanwhile, the 9000 comes in : Rose-gold, White, Black, Orchid purple and silver) .
- Through Bluetooth connectivity, Genius X connects to an Android app to track your brushing using a mobile phone camera. As you watch yourself brushing the app gives you information on any zone you have missed.
- In terms of the price, the Oral B 9000 is cheaper than genius x.
Apart from the differences, they both Use lithium-ion battery that when fully charged can last up to two weeks time before a need to recharge it again.
- Both have 6 cleaning modes to cater for all your cleaning needs (daily clean, sensitive, gum care, tongue care, deep clean and whitening)
- Uses round brush for a tooth to tooth cleaning effect and employs 3D cleaning action capable of removing up to 100% plaque than a manual toothbrushes.
Similarities between Oral B Genius 8000, 8900, 9000 Vs 9900 and Genius X, 10,000
It is worth pointing out that all models compared here are in the top range Genius premium toothbrushes by Oral B. At the core of the Genius models is the position detection functionality that helps you get feedback as you brush your teeth so as not to miss a zone in course of your brushing.
Position detection is achieved by using Bluetooth connectivity to pair the toothbrush with a smart device, mainly smartphones. The Bluetooth connectivity enables you to not only see how you are brushing by using the front-facing phone camera, but it also transfers data to an app that can be used to improve our tooth cleaning.
All the Genius models have Lithium battery which lasts long, 48 straight hours after a full charge. This translates to 12 days of brushing twice a day.
All the Genius models have a smartphone holder that you can mount on the wall to enable you to visualise your brushing.
They also all have a smart ring and a pressure sensor to alert you when you are brushing too hard. All the Genius models are compatible with all Oral B brush heads.
Check the Oral-B Genius 8000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush, 1 Silver App Connected Handle, 5 Modes with Sensitive and Gum Care, Pressure Sensor, 3 Toothbrush Heads, Standard Travel Case, 2 Pin UK Plug.