Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600 Review: The only major difference between the Oral B Genius 9600 and the Genius 8000 is in the brush heads they come packaged with. The Oral B Genius 9600 comes with one 3D White brush head, 1 CrossAction and 1 Pro Gum Care. The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes with 1 for whitening (3D White), one angled one for precise cleaning (CrossAction) and a soft one for sensitive teeth. Check also, Oral B Genius X vs 9600 Review.
Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600
- Both Oral B Genius 8000 and 9600 have 6 brushing modes.
- Both have smart capabilities that allow you to sync the device with your smartphone via Bluetooth for dentist recommendations, position detection, real-time feedback and more personalized routines.
- Both toothbrushes have inbuilt 2-minute timers and pressure sensors to prevent over-brushing
- Both have the customizable 12-color SmartRing feature for visual feedback that ensures appropriate brushing pressure and brushing time.
- Both come packaged with 3 genuine brush heads from Oral B.
- Both come with an accompanying travel case that lets you charge your toothbrush, and your phone on the go, at the same time.
- Both have superior cleaning power and rechargeable batteries that can last up to two weeks on a single full charge.
The Oral B Genius 8000 is cheaper than the 9600 electric toothbrush.
Oral B Genius 9600 Review
The Oral B Genius 9600 is undoubtedly the most technologically advanced electric toothbrush from Oral B. It comes with groundbreaking Position Detection and Gum Protection technologies, which use your smartphone, Bluetooth and facial recognition technology to give you real-time feedback to help you clean effectively, personalize your dental care routine, and improve your brushing habits. Simply pair the Oral B Genius 9600 with your smartphone using the Oral-B app, and you are a few steps closer to optimal oral health.
The Oral-B Genius 9600 electric toothbrush comes in four colors:
- Rose Gold
- Sakura Pink
- Orchid Purple
It comes with 3 Oral B replacement brush head refills – 3D White, 1 Cross Action and 1 Pro Gum Care. The 3D White is specialized for teeth whitening while the CrossAction has angled bristles that are highly efficient in breaking up plaque and brushing away debris. The Pro Gum Care has ultrathin bristles for gentle but precision cleaning, for gums that will be two times healthier than if one was using a manual toothbrush.
The Genius 9600 also features 6 different cleaning modes to choose from based on your needs or your oral care goals.
Appearance & Design:
The Oral B Genius 9600 features a 360 SmartRing that has LED lights. The SmartRing works with the brush’s pressure sensor and integrated timer to give you visual feedback on your brushing pressure and brushing time. It does this by lighting up to warn you when you are brushing too hard or for longer than the dentist-recommended 2 minutes.
The SmartRing is also customizable, as you can choose one of 12 colours, to make your brushing experience even more personalized.
Its charger has a new, sleek, convex-shaped design that ensures it stays clean. It is also global-voltage enabled for the utmost convenience while travelling.
It comes with a Smart Travel Case that allows you to charge your smartphone and your brush simultaneously, using one outlet.
- Position Detection technology uses motion sensor technology and video recognition via the phone’s front camera to track brush positions inside the mouth, to ensure all the areas have been brushed evenly and equally.
- Pro Gum Care cleans the gum line gently without irritation.
- Gum Protection Technology phone app provides real-time feedback to help you improve your brushing techniques and habits.
- Comes with 3 authentic Oral B replacement brush heads.
- Features 6 cleaning modes to pick from, depending on your oral care goals or needs.
- Position Detection, facial recognition, and the integrated timer technology help you brush each quadrant of your mouth for the recommended length of time.
- New charger design that ensures it stays clean and is global-voltage enabled for convenience.
- Customizable SmartRing gives visual feedback on time taken and pressure being used while brushing.
- Smart Travel Case can is designed to charge both your brush and your smartphone simultaneously.
- Check Oral B Genius X vs 9600 or how Oral B 9600 compares with top Sonicare toothbrushes in our Oral B Genius 9600 vs Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700.
Position Detection feature isn’t very reliable, often indicating a different section from the one you are brushing at the time
Oral B 8000 Review
The Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 is the newest electric toothbrush to come out from trusted brush manufacturer Oral B. This Oral B electric toothbrush is one of the best electric toothbrushes on the market. It’s called Genius because it is pairing with an interactive smartphone app allows it to smartly tell you how to brush along with a number of other features that will likely make it very attractive to consumers and brush fanatics alike!
This brush is a smart model that comes in all-black and white with a great design and the features to back it up.
A premium electric toothbrush, the Oral B genius 8000 delivers 3D cleaning action through its rotating, oscillating, and pulsating movements. With pressure sensors and six different modes, including one for whitening your teeth, it’s easy to see the appeal of this sleek new brush from Oral-B. While it is in the higher price range, this premium brush is well worth the purchase. It is a solid all-around brush and even connects to an app.
Use SmartRing technology to coach you on how to brush the right way as recommended by dentists! The SmartRing changes colors depending on how you’re brushing so you can actually be alerted that you are brushing too hard with a red light, which is really cool.
The Genius tracks your brushing sessions and will tell you how long you brushed as well as how much time you spent where you applied too much pressure. It will also tell you how often you rinsed, cleaned your tongue, and
View your data in your choice of daily, weekly, or even monthly, or just as long as you have used it! You can also get badges for getting streaks in good habits. The guided routines will help you create good brushing patterns and you can select the mode that you want, such as Fresh Breath or teeth whitening
Keep track of your appointments with ‘My Dental Office’ and get reminders of your appointments and use the
Use Position Detection to find out how you are brushing and how long with the app’s facial recognition! The app will coordinate using the front camera on your phone and you can prop up your phone using the included smartphone holder—which suctions onto the surface
The box includes the
- Oral-B 8000, a Sensitive Brush Head,
- a CrossAction Brush Head, a 3D White Brush Head,
- a travel case,
- a smartphone holder, and
- a charging base that has four slots for storing brush heads.
- 6 modes allow you to choose the setting to fit what you need
- You can charge your smartphone and toothbrush at the same time with the Smart Travel Case
- Pressure sensor technology will protect gums from over-brushing
- SmartRing coaches you on how to brush to brush as is recommended by dentists
- Pairs with smartphone and uses facial recognition with its Position Detection feature to help you know where you have already brushed
- Comes with three different brush heads
- 16 degree angled brushing
- Bluetooth technology and app Product Description
- Check how 8000 compares with Sonicare in our Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart.
- Buttons can be difficult to press
- More expensive than your average electric toothbrush
- Brush heads might not be as fancy as rest of brush
The 8000 comes with a great six cleaning modes that include:
- Gum Care,
- Daily Clean,
- Pro-Clean Mode, and
- Tongue Cleaning,
All these modes give you the flexibility to choose which mode works best for you.The design of this brush is also a little funky. It’s a flashy design that is very cool and futuristic, with flashy buttons and symbols.
Design, Looks and Feel :
The SmartRing plays into this futuristic design. Easy to hold and use, this toothbrush is functional and even fun to brush with thanks to a comfortable rubber hold
It comes only in black, but the color is likely to appeal to anyone as it is quite popular and looks cool. It’s also made of tough plastic that will prevent mold and bacteria from accumulating due to a poor design
Your phone screen will light up the same color as the brush if you are using both at the same time
Should You Buy It?
At the end of the day, the Oral B Genius 8000 electric toothbrush can deliver a great clean and enough features and options for customization, and who doesn’t love that?
Some brushes are all show and no go, but this premium brush lives up to the hype. If you’re a tech person that loves linking your phone to random high-tech things, you will love this!
Great for people who want better brushing habits or just a lot of options for a great and high-quality clean
- Six different modes of cleaning
- Lasts about twelve days when fully charged
- Will help maintain gum health
- Has a long battery life
Smart monitoring app uses Bluetooth and facial recognition for your best brush with Position DetectionComes with a
Three different brush heads included– try all the brush heads and use the best one for
Position Detection lets you know when you have brushed the same spot too long .
Which is Better: Oral B 8000 or 9600?
The Genius 9600 is an intelligent brushing system that does a lot to help you clean your teeth more effectively within the recommended amount of time. It is great for users who want to a reliable, personalized, efficient and mobile helper to help achieve their oral care goals.
While some users see its smart capabilities as overkill and an unnecessary layer of complication if it is for your optimal dental health within visits to your dentist, doesn’t that make it worth it?
Check this Oral B Genius 9600 Toothbrush price on Amazon