Oral B 7000 vs 8000 vs 9600 reviews and comparisons to help you make a wise buying decision as to which is the best Oral B electric toothbrush to go for 2020
Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600
Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600 Review: The main difference between the Oral B Genius 9600 and the Genius 8000 is in the brush heads they come packaged with, charger, brush head storage unit, gum protection technology and the price tag. Oral B Genius 8000 Genius 8000 vs 9600 Review: The main difference between the Oral B Genius 9600 and the Genius 8000 is in the brush heads they come packaged with, charger, brush head storage unit, gum protection technology and the price tag.
- Oral B Genius 9600 includes a global voltage-enabled charger for international travel convenience, the 8000 model lack this
- The 9600 comes with a charger with detachable power cable while the 8000 power cord is hardwired into the charger
- They both come with 3 brush heads, 9600 comes with whitening, CrossAction and Pro Gum Care brush heads. The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes with sensitive, whitening and CrossAction .
- The 8000 includes a brush head storage unit that can hold up to 4 brush heads while the 9600 model lacks storage unit
- The 9600 includes ‘gum guard technology’ that shows you where you have brushed too hard to help you slow down and protect your gums from bleeding and receding. Gum guard is an app, you can get it on the 8000 model by installing the latest Oral B app
- The Oral-B 8000 is cheaper than the 9600 model
- Check also, Oral B Genius X vs 9600 Review.
- Both Oral B Genius 8000 and 9600 have 6 brushing modes.
- Both have smart capabilities that allow you to sync the device with your smartphone via Bluetooth for dentist recommendations, position detection, real-time feedback and more personalized routines.
- Both toothbrushes have inbuilt 2-minute timers and pressure sensors to prevent over-brushing
- Both have the customizable 12-color SmartRing feature for visual feedback that ensures appropriate brushing pressure and brushing time.
- Both come packaged with 3 genuine brush heads from Oral B.
- Both come with an accompanying travel case that lets you charge your toothbrush, and your phone on the go, at the same time.
- Both have superior cleaning power and rechargeable batteries that can last up to two weeks on a single full charge.
The Oral B Genius 8000 is cheaper than the 9600 electric toothbrush.
Oral B Genius 9600 Review
The Oral B Genius 9600 is undoubtedly the most technologically advanced electric toothbrush from Oral B. It comes with groundbreaking Position Detection and Gum Protection technologies, which use your smartphone, Bluetooth and facial recognition technology to give you real-time feedback to help you clean effectively, personalize your dental care routine, and improve your brushing habits. Simply pair the Oral B Genius 9600 with your smartphone using the Oral-B app, and you are a few steps closer to optimal oral health.
The Oral-B Genius 9600 electric toothbrush comes in four colors:
- Rose Gold
- Sakura Pink
- Orchid Purple
It comes with 3 Oral B replacement brush head refills – 3D White, 1 Cross Action and 1 Pro Gum Care. The 3D White is specialized for teeth whitening while the CrossAction has angled bristles that are highly efficient in breaking up plaque and brushing away debris. The Pro Gum Care has ultrathin bristles for gentle but precision cleaning, for gums that will be two times healthier than if one was using a manual toothbrush.
The Genius 9600 also features 6 different cleaning modes to choose from based on your needs or your oral care goals.
Appearance & Design:
The Oral B Genius 9600 features a 360 SmartRing that has LED lights. The SmartRing works with the brush’s pressure sensor and integrated timer to give you visual feedback on your brushing pressure and brushing time. It does this by lighting up to warn you when you are brushing too hard or for longer than the dentist-recommended 2 minutes.
The SmartRing is also customizable, as you can choose one of 12 colours, to make your brushing experience even more personalized.
Its charger has a new, sleek, convex-shaped design that ensures it stays clean. It is also global-voltage enabled for the utmost convenience while travelling.
It comes with a Smart Travel Case that allows you to charge your smartphone and your brush simultaneously, using one outlet.
- Position Detection technology uses motion sensor technology and video recognition via the phone’s front camera to track brush positions inside the mouth, to ensure all the areas have been brushed evenly and equally.
- Pro Gum Care cleans the gum line gently without irritation.
- Gum Protection Technology phone app provides real-time feedback to help you improve your brushing techniques and habits.
- Comes with 3 authentic Oral B replacement brush heads.
- Features 6 cleaning modes to pick from, depending on your oral care goals or needs.
- Position Detection, facial recognition, and the integrated timer technology help you brush each quadrant of your mouth for the recommended length of time.
- New charger design that ensures it stays clean and is global-voltage enabled for convenience.
- Customizable SmartRing gives visual feedback on time taken and pressure being used while brushing.
- Smart Travel Case can is designed to charge both your brush and your smartphone simultaneously.
- Check Oral B Genius X vs 9600 or how Oral B Genius 9600 compares with top Sonicare toothbrushes in our Oral B Genius 9600 vs Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700.
Position Detection feature isn’t very reliable, often indicating a different section from the one you are brushing at the time.
Oral B Genius Pro 8000 Review
Oral B Genius 8000 is the newest electric toothbrush to come out from trusted brush manufacturer Oral B. This Oral B electric toothbrush is one of the best electric toothbrushes on the market. It’s called Genius because it is pairing with an interactive smartphone app allows it to smartly tell you how to brush along with a number of other features that will likely make it very attractive to consumers and brush fanatics alike!
This brush is a smart model that comes in all-black and white with a great design and the features to back it up.
A premium electric toothbrush, the Oral B genius 8000 delivers 3D cleaning action through its rotating, oscillating, and pulsating movements. With pressure sensors and six different modes, including one for whitening your teeth, it’s easy to see the appeal of this sleek new brush from Oral-B. While it is in the higher price range, this premium brush is well worth the purchase. It is a solid all-around brush and even connects to an app.
Use SmartRing technology to coach you on how to brush the right way as recommended by dentists! The SmartRing changes colors depending on how you’re brushing so you can actually be alerted that you are brushing too hard with a red light, which is really cool.
The Genius tracks your brushing sessions and will tell you how long you brushed as well as how much time you spent where you applied too much pressure. It will also tell you how often you rinsed, cleaned your tongue, and
View your data in your choice of daily, weekly, or even monthly, or just as long as you have used it! You can also get badges for getting streaks in good habits. The guided routines will help you create good brushing patterns and you can select the mode that you want, such as Fresh Breath or teeth whitening
Keep track of your appointments with ‘My Dental Office’ and get reminders of your appointments and use the
Use Position Detection to find out how you are brushing and how long with the app’s facial recognition! The app will coordinate using the front camera on your phone and you can prop up your phone using the included smartphone holder—which suctions onto the surface
The box includes the
- Oral-B 8000, a Sensitive Brush Head,
- a CrossAction Brush Head, a 3D White Brush Head,
- a travel case,
- a smartphone holder, and
- a charging base that has four slots for storing brush heads.
- 6 modes allow you to choose the setting to fit what you need
- You can charge your smartphone and toothbrush at the same time with the Smart Travel Case
- Pressure sensor technology will protect gums from over-brushing
- SmartRing coaches you on how to brush to brush as is recommended by dentists
- Pairs with smartphone and uses facial recognition with its Position Detection feature to help you know where you have already brushed
- Comes with three different brush heads
- 16 degree angled brushing
- Bluetooth technology and app Product Description
- Check how Oral B Genius 8000 compares with Sonicare in our Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart.
- Buttons can be difficult to press
- More expensive than your average electric toothbrush
- Brush heads might not be as fancy as rest of brush
The 8000 comes with a great six cleaning modes that include:
- Gum Care,
- Daily Clean,
- Pro-Clean Mode, and
- Tongue Cleaning,
All these modes give you the flexibility to choose which mode works best for you.The design of this brush is also a little funky. It’s a flashy design that is very cool and futuristic, with flashy buttons and symbols.
Design, Looks and Feel :
The SmartRing plays into this futuristic design. Easy to hold and use, this toothbrush is functional and even fun to brush with thanks to a comfortable rubber hold
It comes only in black, but the color is likely to appeal to anyone as it is quite popular and looks cool. It’s also made of tough plastic that will prevent mold and bacteria from accumulating due to a poor design
Your phone screen will light up the same color as the brush if you are using both at the same time
Should You Buy It?
At the end of the day, the Oral B Genius 8000 electric toothbrush can deliver a great clean and enough features and options for customization, and who doesn’t love that?
Some brushes are all show and no go, but this premium brush lives up to the hype. If you’re a tech person that loves linking your phone to random high-tech things, you will love this!
Great for people who want better brushing habits or just a lot of options for a great and high-quality clean
- Six different modes of cleaning
- Lasts about twelve days when fully charged
- Will help maintain gum health
- Has a long battery life
Smart monitoring app uses Bluetooth and facial recognition for your best brush with Position DetectionComes with a
Three different brush heads included– try all the brush heads and use the best one for
Position Detection lets you know when you have brushed the same spot too long .
Which is Better: Oral B 8000 or 9600?
The Oral B Genius 9600 is an intelligent brushing system that does a lot to help you clean your teeth more effectively within the recommended amount of time. It is great for users who want to a reliable, personalized, efficient and mobile helper to help achieve their oral care goals.
While some users see its smart capabilities as overkill and an unnecessary layer of complication if it is for your optimal dental health within visits to your dentist, doesn’t that make it worth it?
Oral B 7000 Vs 9600
Oral B 7000 Vs 9600? The difference between Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrushand Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush is on the charger, battery life, travel case and some other key features such as smart guide, position detection, gum protection, pressure sensor, and colour options. Check also Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600.
The Oral B 7000 uses Nickel Metal Hydride battery that lasts up to 10 days, while 9600 same as Oral B Genius 8000 and Genius X uses a built-in lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 14 days, brushing for 2 minutes twice a day.
Apart from that, both pro 7000 and Genius 9600 come with a charging stand and all show battery status at the bottom of the brush that lights up red when the battery is very low.
And while the 7000 comes with a standard charger with plugin hardwired into, the 9600 comes with an international multi-voltage charger (100-240v) with detachable cable. You will just need to buy a plugin adapter if travelling abroad.
And whereas, you can be using your toothbrush and put it back to the charger, you are advice however, after every 6 months to discharged full your brush and then charge it for performance reasons.
For travelling conveniences, the pro 7000 comes with a premium travel case (not USB) that can store the brush handle and 2 brushes heads, 96000 on the other hand like the Oral B Genius 8000 comes with USB Charging Travel Case that can charge both your brush and your smartphone. There is a USB port and phone holder built into the case to hold and charge your phone on the case at the same time with the brush. To full charge both brushes it takes up to 24 hours.
2 Minutes Timer and Smart Guide
To help you brush at the recommended two minutes brushing time Oral-B 7000 comes with built-in timer plus a digital timer while the Oral B 9600 comes only with the built-in timer just like the kids electric toothbrush. The 7000 digital portable clock and the timer shows you which cleaning mode (using an icon) has you selected and how long and well are you brushing your teeth. And at the end of the cleaning cycle, you get a star rating with a happy or sad face to show you how well have you done it.
The 7000 digital timer also has a quadrant guide which shows all 4 mouth quadrants and quadrants flashes after every 30 seconds to show you which one to clean next.
The 9600 cleaning modes icons are shown on the brush handle compared to the 7000 that shows on a digital clock provided.
Like the Genius 8000, the Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush also features position detection technology that lacks in Oral B 7000. What position detection technology does is, it tracks where your toothbrush is, where you are brushing and offer you real-time coaching how to do it better.
For this functionality to work, you need to front face your smartphone camera while brushing hence you are provided with a phone holder that can be attached on the mirror or tiles.
Oral B 9600 includes a ‘gum guard technology’ in which the 7000 model lacks this (can be obtained by upgrading your Oral B app to the latest version). The gum protection technology is an 8-week brushing journey to help you fight against gum disease: bleeding, swollen gums. it uses an Oral B app to show graphically where you have brushed too hard and where to focus next.
Pressure Sensor Location
It is advised to protect your teeth and gums by not brushing too hard. To help this, the Oral B Pro 7000 features a rear-mounted pressure sensor that illuminates red when you brush hard and a sad face appears on the digital clock provided and a red timer on the app also to alert you not to brush your teeth too hard. Additionally, the brush will also reduce speed until you reduce pressure. The Oral-B 9600, on the other hand, features a customizable LED SmartRing near its brush top that flashes red (default colour) when you brush hard. You can change which colour to show up from its 12 colours via the Oral B smartphone app.
The 3D SmartRing also lights up at the end of the cleaning cycle and after every 30 seconds to alert you to move from cleaning one mouth section to another.
In terms of colour choice, the 7000 model comes in two colours to choose from: black and white while 9600 comes in 5: rose gold, sakura pink, black, white and orchid purple.
Number of the brush head
When comes to brush head, both Oral B 9600 and 7000 features small round brush heads. And while Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush comes with 5 brush heads: 2 cross-action, one floss action, one 3D White, one sensitive and a brush head storage unit that can store up to 4 brush heads. The Genius 9600 comes with three: Sensi ultra-thin, CrossAction and 3D white with no storage case.
And as always, you need to change your brush head after every three months. The brush head bristles fade with time from bright colours to pale light indicating the need to change it and especially when they are frayed out.
- Both Oral B Genius 9600 and pro 7000 includes 6 cleaning modes to cater for all your cleaning needs: daily clean, sensitive, whitening, tongue cleaning, gum care and deep cleaning
- Both Oral B Pro 7000 and Genius 9600 features Bluetooth Connectivity that allows you to connect your phone with Oral B app to track your brushing habit. The app will track where you have cleaned, where you have brushed too hard and offer coaching on how to do it better
- Their brush heads are all small and round offering tooth to tooth cleaning action
- With both, you get 3D cleaning action: oscillating, rotating and pulsating capable of removing up to 100 per cent plaque along gum line compared to a manual toothbrush
- At the end of the cleaning cycle, you need to switch off both 7000 and 9600 brushes manually compared to Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart that goes off automatically.
- They are both waterproof but you advised against submerging them into the water. Always clean and dry your brush after use.
- There is 2 years warranty in both of them
Which is Better, Oral B Pro 7000 or Genius 9600?
If you have to go by the price, Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush is cheaper than the 9600 model. However, if you have to consider the add-ons, the Oral-B 9600 is the best electric toothbrush to go for. This is because, it has almost all the 7000 features apart from the digital watch and it all includes other interesting features such as USB charger, position detection, and gum protection and have a long-lasting battery than the 7000 model.
Oral B 7000 vs 8000
Oral B 7000 vs 8000? The difference between the Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Black Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush and Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush is mainly in their key features such as Smart Guide vs Position detection feature, focus areas, number of brush heads included, and more as discussed below.
Apart from that:
These two Oral B electric toothbrushes are pretty identically designed overall, but nothing fancy unless you count being able to change the pressure ring light on the 8000 to 12 colours. Check also Oral B 7000 vs 7500 and or Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600.
In terms of functionality, Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries focuses more on plaque removal while the Oral B Genius 8000 focuses on a comprehensive clean thanks to the Criss-Cross bristles.
Key Differences between Oral B 7000 and 8000
The Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries and Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrushes were both designed to give users a lot of specialized options for brushing. The handles are standard design and the brushes themselves come in a selection of black or white. Both brushes have a Pressure Ring to alert you when you are brushing too hard.
- Whereas the Oral B 8000 offers a thorough cleaning around the gum line safely, as does the 7000 to some extent. However, the 7000 does have great instant feedback on how you’re brushing in real-time thanks to its Smart Guide.
- The 8000 comes with three replacement brushes while the 7000 comes with four. The 8000, by contrast, offers Position Detection which will tell where you’re brushing and when to move on to a different section.
- The Oral-B Pro 7000 comes with a wireless smart guide that the 8000 doesn’t have. You can shift through settings on a button near the power icon for the 7000 while the 8000 has symbols for its six settings.
- The 8000 has a phone holder which the 7000 doesn’t. The 8000 has a cool feature where you can flash one of twelve different LED Smart Ring colors using the app and is also said to have better feedback when it comes to your brushing habits and tracking what you do.
- It also comes with a Smartphone Holder, so the 8000 can also charge your brush in the case and hold your phone and charge it at the same time. It also removes 500% more plaque than the 7000.
Features in Common
- Both Oral-B 7000 and 8000 get rid of plaque 3x more effectively than a manual
- Both use Bluetooth and apps with your phone
- Pressure Ring near head to handle
- Both share the same brushing options (which include daily clean, sensitive, whitening, gum care, tongue cleaning, pro-clean)
- More buttons and symbols than just the power button
- Same modes, similar accessories
- Both good at highly efficient cleaning
- 6 brushing modes
- Pressure sensing technology
- Charging stations come with both
- Complete set of Oral B brushing heads
Pros and Cons
- Great clean with either brush
- Lots of accessories and features and settings
- Great pressure sensors on both are gentle on teeth
- 8000 comes with a smartphone holder for accessories
You may find it more difficult to navigate than a standard electric brush with minimal features.
Oral B Pro 7000 Review
- Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Black Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush uses 3D technology for unrivaled cleaning action. Pulsations, rotations, and oscillations of the brush head work together with the angled bristles to break up and remove plaque from the teeth and along the gum line.
- The brush head is round to wrap around each individual tooth, with bristles angled at 16 degrees for precision cleaning.
- Has 6 modes; Daily Clean, Gum Care, Whitening, Sensitive, Deep Clean and Tongue Clean.
- Has a pressure sensor that lights up and stops pulsations when you brush too aggressively. This minimizes damage to the gums and teeth.
- Using Bluetooth technology and the Oral B app, your oral hygiene habits can be monitored over time and improved for the better as it provides real-time feedback. It also gives oral care tips and senses when you are brushing too hard.
- It comes with 3 different replacement brush heads; CrossAction, ProWhite and Sensitive. In addition, it is compatible with a wide range of Oral B Brush Head Refills.
- Comes with a SmartGuide timer that will let you know when your 2-minute brushing time is up.
- Provides superior, precision 3D cleaning that gives you real-time feedback on your teeth cleaning.
- Has 6 brushing modes that enable you to customize the cleaning session to your specification.
- Has Bluetooth capabilities and app support: you can sync your teeth cleaning data with your smart devices.
- Has a pressure sensor to eliminate over brushing, brushing too hard can damage your gums, so having a pressure sensor is quite helpful in controlling the pressure you exert when brushing.
- Comes with 3 replacement heads, for your convenience, some brush heads have unique feature that helo you customize your cleaning.
Like other Oral B electric toothbrushes, the 7000 model is also a bit noisy, however with continued use, you get used to it and does not become a bother.
The shorter battery life of 10-12 days after a single charge compared to the Diamondclean.
Which is Better, Oral B 7000 or 8000?
However, as a brusher that might not be particularly what you’re looking for. If you’re in it for the best brush possible, you’re going to have a great option in the Oral-B Pro 7000 or 8000. The Oral B 8000 is slightly more advanced than the 7000 and the edge on more features is what might give it the advantage over the 7000 as it has good pressure sensing and focuses on cleaning each tooth as effectively as possible for an overall cleaning experience that is superior to many other models outside the Oral-B Pro line.
Both models are worth a look. If you want a sophisticated electric toothbrush that works with your phone and has Bluetooth, you can’t go wrong with the Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Black Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush . However, if you want slightly more and don’t really care about plaque removal, the Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush might just be the one you want. It also has a comfortable handle, comes with a travelling case and smartphone holder, and has the longest battery life. If you already have a 7000 model it’s not worth the upgrade but if you are buying something new, want a lot of settings, neat accessories, have Bluetooth, and offer a great clean.
Oral B 7000 vs 8000 vs 9600, which one is your best choice so far?