FOSOO APEX Electric Toothbrush also called Pink Electric Toothbrush is a cutting-edge rechargeable toothbrush that operates on the Sonic revolutions technology to brush your teeth. Following raving reviews on the FOSOO website, I recently took the toothbrush to test. My initial impression of it is very good. This toothbrush is the real deal. Here is why:
- Thanks to the li-ion battery and magnetic charging, the toothbrush can last up to six months (180 days) without recharging. This is the kind of brush you need when travelling. I haven’t recharged my brush ever since I bought it three months ago.
- The brush bristles make 42000 revolutions per minute which provides adequate scrubbing of your teeth to remove any plaque on your teeth and under the gums.
- You get two brush heads: Clean and Sensitive. The clean brush head provides standard brushing to remove plaque and stains while the sensitive is used whenever you have sensitive gums that need gentle brushing.
- The brush head is well contoured to ensure that you reach every zone of your mouth irrespective of your dental structure.
- The brush has four cleaning modes (Clean, gum care/sensitive, whitening and polish) which gives you options to adjust the settings to your liking and of course to tackle every dental need regarding to you.
- You also get adjustable settings such that you can choose to ramp up the revolutions of the bristles or slow them down in order to increase or reduce the intensity to suit your needs. There are three variable settings: high, medium and low)
- Fosoo toothbrush is waterproof, you can use it in the shower which is always handy when you are trying to multi-task.
- This eco-friendly electric toothbrush comes in three stylish colours pink, silver and green to choose from to match your preferred style and colour combinations.
- It is also quite ergonomic with a good grip. The metallic handle fits firmly in the hand and feels quite comfortable in hold.
- The back of the brush has an embossed texture that can be used as a tongue scrapper.
- Here is the kicker. Despite all the thousands of revolutions the toothbrush is rather quiet when in use, all you hear is a gentle buzzing sound in the distance.
- Thanks to the Sonic technology the Fosoo toothbrush removes more plaque than a manual brush. Frankly having used it for two months now (by the time of writing), I always get that feeling of having left the dentist’s chair every time I brush my teeth. The teeth feel clean and smooth after every session. Brushing is also quite deceptively gentle, but the results are great.
Specifications of the Pink Toothbrush (Apex Rechargeable Sonic brush)
You get the standard operation manual that shows you how to use the brush, one toothbrush handle made of Zinc alloy metal, two brush heads (sensitive and Clean). The sensitive brush heads are made of Pedex PBT Filaments that are very gentle to the gums while the clean brush head has Pedex Nylon Filaments that are equipped to remove plaque due to their triangular structure.
The toothbrush head is made up of contoured bristles that are designed to reach every zone of your teeth structure in spite of the dental configuration.
As explained above the toothbrush has three intensities that enable you to vary the intensity of the brush head. It has four cleaning modes (White, Clean, Polish and Gum Care). High speeds that hit 42000 vibrations per minute. Contoured brush heads and long battery charge retention of up to 180 days after only 12 hours of recharging thanks to the Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery 2500mAh.
The IPX7 is waterproof and can operate between negative 20 degrees centigrade to over 40 degrees centigrade.
It has a decent motor power of 2 Watts with a voltage of 3,7 volts that sustains the high vibrations. The cute thing about the Apex is that once you press the power button, the brush does not come on immediately but rather it gives you a moment to toggle between the brushing modes to choose your preferred cleaning mode. Once you do this, then you press the ‘on’ button to get it started.
The Fosoo sonic clean toothbrush is generally lightweight, it weighs only 170 grams.
General review of the Fosoo eco-friendly electric toothbrush
One key thing that struck me with this toothbrush is how quiet it is when in use, it reportedly only has less than 50 decibels when in use. The handle feels quite durable, it has less plastic (eco-friendly) and more metal and it is also waterproof, which of course is quite a handy feature to have.
The magnetic wireless charging is hassle-free and travel friendly, you can easily plug it into any USB port like a laptop to recharge it. You only need to recharge it twice a year because the charge can hold up to 6 months on one 12 hour recharging.
The package in which the toothbrush come is quite compact and handy, it can be used as a travel case. The brush heads have storage cases and protector plugs to keep the brush tidy and secure when travelling.
It has an auto-stop feature and standard quad-pacer that alerts you every 30 seconds to move to the next section of your mouth so as to brush as recommended by dentists.
The Fosoo Apex toothbrush is a reliable and effective toothbrush that gives you options to customise it to suit your needs. It has ergonomic features, stylish and is waterproof. It has the longest battery charge retention ability of most electric toothbrushes in the market (lasts 180 days on a single charge) and is quite effective in removing plaque. It is ten times more effective than a manual toothbrush. It always gives you that feeling of having been to the dentist for a cleaning every time you brush your teeth with it. Give it a go, you will love it.
- Oral B 1500 vs 3000 Electric Toothbrush (Differences and Specs Comparison)
- Oral B IO Gentle Care vs Ultimate Clean Toothbrush Head: Key Differences and Specs Review
Dr. Tom Bell has a PhD in Medical Anthropology. He has a keen interest in oral health topics and is the founder of dentalrave. He has been an oral health researcher and electric toothbrush enthusiast for over 10 years. Tom works with Awin and others in his research. When not talking about dental hygiene and gadgets, Tom likes spending time outdoors hiking.