Waterpik Sonic-Fusion Professional has three key models so far; the Waterpik Sonic Fusion SF-01 vs SF-02 vs SF-04. All these water flossers are different versions of the Sonic Fusion which is a combo in which one device is used both as a flosser and an electric toothbrush.
Table of Contents
The water flosser nozzle is located on the brush head and can be used either as a flosser, an electric toothbrush or both as a flosser and a toothbrush simultaneously. The name Sonic Fusion is drawn from the ability of these models to combine flossing and brushing at the same time.
What distinguishes between the versions?
Key Differences: Waterpik Sonic Fusion SF-01 , SF-02 and SF-04
Both SF-01, SF-02, SF-03 and the SF-04 come in two colours (black and white). The first noticeable difference between the three is in the types of accents in their design, (specifically the black one). While the white coloured model has white and chrome touches in its finishing in both SF-01, SF-02, SF-03 and SF-04, the black one has copper accents or a green knob in the SF-02, SF-03 and SF-04 versions. Other key differences are:
- Waterpik SF-01 comes with one brush head included in the package while the SF-02 and SF-04 comes with two brush heads.
- The SF-01 has a slightly bigger tank than the SF-02. It is bigger by 20 ml. While the SF-01 has a 440 ml capacity, the SF-02 has 420ml tank.
- The SF-01 has no LED indicator function unlike the SF-02 and the SF-04 which has one.
- The SF-01 is slightly heavier than the SF-02 and SF-04. The SF-01 weighs 840 grams while the SF-02 weighs 800 grams and the SF-94 weighs 734.82 Grams
- The SF-02 , SF-03 and SF-04 have two times improved speed in bristle tip movement in comparison to the SF-01
- The SF-02 and SF-04 design tends towards being like a square at the bottom of the tank while the SF-01 has a curvy design at the bottom of the water tank.
- There is also a price difference where at the time of writing the SF-01 was cheaper than the SF-02 /SF-04. (Price is subject to change especially in the face of discounts and promotions offered by different shopping portals).
Last update on 2023-02-08 at 00:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Both come with a toothbrush travel case
- All the models have global voltage charging capability which enables you to charge and use the device when away from North America.
- They all have a standard three years warranty from the manufacturer.
- They all have advanced ten pressure controls to give you the maximum flexibility in regard to customizing the pressure to suit your needs.
- They both have three modes: Brush, Floss and Brush and floss at the same time.
- They all have a 30 seconds pacer and two minutes timer.
Waterpik SF-02 vs SF-04: What are the Key Differences
To be honest, at the core function, Waterpik SF-02 and SF-04 are more or less the same. The later models have added a few cosmetic touches like chrome, green or copper accents for aesthetics or enhanced ergonomic features.
In 2018 Waterpik recalled around 3800 SF-02 devices which were taught to have a risk of overheating. This was quickly resolved but it led to the introduction of the SF-04 model while also maintaining the improved SF-02 mode (B07MNBN34G).
However, when you land on the SF-02 sales page, you are advised that there is a newer version which turns out to be the SF-04 model.
Waterpik SF-01 vs SF-02 Sonic Fusion
These two were the first of the Sonic Fusion generation. So what’s the big difference between Waterpik Sonic Fusion SF 01 vs SF 02? The two models discuss exactly the same important characteristics but the costlier SF-02 has a number of ergonomic upgrades like a smaller water tank which has made it lighter than the SF-01 by 100 grams. The SF-02 also has motion-activated lights across the buttons, and it comes with two brush heads, not only one like the SF-01 .
Waterpik SF-03 vs SF-02/SF-04 Sonic Fusion
Once again these are more or less similar, the only difference is that the SF-03 is mainly sold in the UK market. Otherwise, most of the features are similar.
What’s the Waterpik Sonic Fusion?
The Sonic Fusion is actually a toothbrush as well as a flosser combined into one item, a flossing toothbrush.
After ten years of innovation, the Sonic Fusion hit the market in 2018. Nevertheless, Waterpik voluntarily recalled premature batches of the products to address some safety concerns. Today, it’s again on the racks. It’s created to be a far more convenient and practical choice for you to help take proper care of your gums and teeth.
The Sonic Fusion is like a normal toothbrush, and this may be used as such. Nevertheless, it’s a detachable hose that feeds water up through the handle and out through a tiny idea within the brush head.
The brush has three modes, brush, floss or even brush and floss.
When in flossing mode, it draws water from a refillable tank/reservoir installed on the starting system. The pump inside the device takes that water and feeds it out (at pressure) through the brush head on the handle of the Sonic Fusion.
Powered by mains energy, in case you would like to make use of the flosser, it’s to be hooked up to the power at all times when in use. Nevertheless, the toothbrush comes with an integrated battery and doesn’t have to be hooked up to the energy source for frequent tooth brushing.
Unlike the majority of other Waterpik water flossers, the Sonic Fusion doesn’t work with various other tips/nozzles specifically created for specific conditions.
Clinical trials by Waterpik indicate that this particular flossing toothbrush could be as much as 2x as helpful as regular brushing as well as flossing, up to fifty % more successful for boosting gum wellness in comparison to typical string floss. It can also easily eliminate as much as 99.9 % of plaque from treated places.
Waterpik is actually the brand that first invented the dental irrigator in dentistry in 1962. Since that time, Waterpik has turned into a typical household name for an oral irrigator.
The positives of Sonic Fusion Water Flossing
- Waterpik dental irrigator accomplishes its goal by making use of water pressure to sweep away bacteria and plaque. Numerous models include multiple different tips to connect to the flosser which perform various functions.
- There are actually up to ten different water pressure options which are created to clean away plaque as well as offer the optimum comfort for the user. The application of water allows for deeper cleaning than ordinary flossing because the water pressure completely cleans teeth & reaches locations that ordinary flossing could not.
- If a person doesn’t keep up all over their dental hygiene, they quickly discover they’ve other health problems and cavities. The Waterpik Water Flossers are actually amazing dental hygiene aids that use water pressure to eliminate bacteria and plaque, providing a great cleaning experience.
- Lots of people turn to these items for the comfort of theirs, cleaning skill and adaptability and like the point that they are able to get an incredibly thorough cleaning and never have to resort to conventional, painful methods.
How does the Waterpik Sonic Fusion work?
The Waterpik Sonic Fusion operates in 2 parallel ways:
- First of all, as a Waterpik water flosser, removes clutter and plaque with a pulsating stream of pressurized water.
- Second, as a sonic toothbrush, cleaning teeth completely with 30000 strokes per second.
You are able to use these functions individually, or perhaps together for an all-in-one brushing as well as flossing.
Just how does it work? The Sonic Fusion has a distinctive toothbrush mind which features the flossing inside the toothbrush. Pulsating and pressurized water is actually ejected through the flossing tip to dislodge hidden food debris & bacteria build-up. The Sonic Fusion enables you to save space and time as they not merely use exactly the same device, but the same head for flossing and brushing.
Nevertheless, there are actually a few drawbacks to this. Because of the distinctive style, additional Waterpik flossing ideas aren’t compatible with the Sonic Fusion. This means the tailored choices such as for instance strategies for gingivitis or maybe orthodontics aren’t offered. While the Sonic Fusion may be utilized for these circumstances, you might not have the ability to obtain the maximum result as with a regular Waterpik.
The best way to make use of the Sonic Fusion
There are a number of key steps to using Sonic Fusion.
The actual process for you use it does also rely on whether you wish to simply brush the teeth, floss or even brush and floss.
Let us assume you would like to brush and floss, individually, not at exactly the same time, which happens to be an option.
The very first time you make use of the item, you are going to need to go along with the instructions/quick start manual to discover how you can assemble and prime the product, thereafter you are able to follow these steps.
- Step one: Fill the bath tank/reservoir with lukewarm water (tank may be lifted out and replaced).
- Step two: Attach or perhaps disconnect the hose pipe from the base of the toothbrush handle (depending on your preference)
- Step three: Adjust the strain of the water flossing, making use of the rotatable dial on the left of the device. Set to a low pressure environment. This may be modified during use.
- Step four: Apply toothpaste to the brush head of yours and press the brush button.
- Step five: Brush the tooth for two minutes. Follow the built in timer and pacer for direction. Remember holding the brush head at a forty five degree angle to the teeth as well as gums.
- Step six: Reattach the hose to the base of the handle in case you disconnected it earlier.
- Step seven: Lean over the wash basin and put the brush head into the jaws. Close the lip area enough to stop splashing while still allowing water to run from the mouth into the wash basin.
- Step eight: Press the floss button and start flossing the teeth. Aim normal water at the gumline at a ninety degree angle. Follow the gumline as well as pause briefly between teeth. Set the strain by revolving the dial, if needed.
- Step nine: When complete, press the floss button and change the handle on the starting system.
Main Features of the Waterpik Sonic Fusion
- Three cleaning modes
- Two minute timer and quadpacer
- Automatic switch off
- 420ml reservoir for 60+ secs of flossing
- Ten pressure settings
- Toothbrush travel case
Pro & Cons Allow me to share what I think about to be the advantages and disadvantages of this particular water flosser.
The Positives of Waterpik Sonic Fusion
- Toothbrush as well as flosser – Combines 2 products that are excellent into one device to avoid wasting space and be a handy choice.
- Built-in timer – Encourages an even two minute tooth brushing session.
- Ten pressure options – Various settings to get the perfect and most comfortable h2o flossing practical experience for you.
Does not give much flexibility – Just one brush head/tip design – The brush head flossing suggestion is not actually suited extremely effectively for those with periodontal pockets and much more complicated dental health issues.
The water flosser isn’t portable – The starting unit isn’t created to move around and travelling.
The Waterpik Sonic fusion is a quality water flosser toothbrush combo that has a bit in timer, ten pressure settings to give you the ability to customise the pressure to your liking. It has a decent water tank that can last over a minute and it saves you time because you don’t have to change devices when you transition from brushing with a toothbrush to using a water flosser. The Sonic Fusion has versions, the Waterpik Sonic Fusion SF-01 vs SF-02 vs SF-03 and SF-04. The SF-01 and SF-02 are like the original model which has since been improved and upgraded to improve on safety to come up with the most recent SF-04 model. The SF-03 is predominantly sold in the UK market but its core function is similar to the SF-04.
Last update on 2023-02-08 at 00:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You could get a huge discount during the Cyber Monday promotion and Black Friday sales.
Dr. Tom Bell has a PhD in Medical Anthropology. He has a keen interest in oral health topics and is the founder of dentalrave. He has been an oral health researcher and electric toothbrush enthusiast for over 10 years. When not talking about dental hygiene and gadgets, Tom likes spending time outdoors hiking.