Difference between Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300, 9500 , 9700, 9750, and 9900 Prestige: These Sonicare electric toothbrushes differ in terms of a number of cleaning modes you get, a number of brush heads, color choice, cleaning intensity, and price as discussed below.
Table of Contents
Key Difference between Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300 , 9500 , 9700 , 9750 and 9900 Prestige
- Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 comes with 8 brush heads while, 9750 and 9500 comes with 4, and 9300 comes with 3. But, Sonicare 9900 Prestige comes with only one.
- What sets Philips Sonicare Prestige 9900 apart from the Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750, 9700,9500, and 9300 is the inclusion of SenseIQ technology that senses how you brush your teeth, adapts to it, and helps you clean better same of the Oral B Genius X.
- And what sets Philips Sonicare 9750 model apart from the others is the inclusion of the brush head storage unit.
- Both Diamondclean Smart 9750, 9700, 9500 and 9900 Prestige features 5 cleaning modes while 9300 model has 4.
- Prestige 9900 however, replaces the tongue cleaning mode with the sensitive mode
- Diamondclean Smart 9750,9700,9500 and 9300 have two physical buttons but 9900 Prestige features a seamless button layout.
- Diamondclean Smart 9300 modes lack a USB port, whereas the Philips Sonicare 9900 ,9750, 9700, and 9500 have.
- 9900 Prestige can be obtained in three colour choices (champagne, midnight blue as well as orange) while, Diamondclean Smart exist in five colour options (rose gold, black, white, silver and pink). These five colour choices are out there for the 9300 variant. The 9700 is a 9700 in lunar pink. And there’s the 9750 obtainable in lunar pink and rose gold.
- In terms of price Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300 is the cheapest of them all.
- Check also Philips Sonicare Diamondclean vs Protectiveclean 6100.
Last update on 2022-12-05 at 04:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Philips Sonicare 9300 vs 9500
- Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300 comes with three brush heads but 9500 has four
- Diamondclean Smart 9300 comes with a premium travel charger that does not have a USB port while, Smart 9500 has a USB charging port.
- Philips Sonicare 9500 comes in four distinct colors: (Pink, Black, Grey and Rose-gold/white) but, 9300 Diamondclean Smart 9300 comes in three colors: white, black and pink.
Philips Sonicare 9500 vs 9700
- Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9500 comes with four brush heads while, 9700 model has eight
- Diamondclean Smart 9500 comes in four distinct colours: (Pink, Black, Grey and Rose-gold/white) versus the 9700 model which comes in just one distinctive colour: Lunar.
- Philips Sonicare 9500 is cheaper than 9700 Diamondclean Smart electric toothbrush
Both Sonicare 9700 and 9500 feature 3 cleaning intensities, 5 cleaning modes, premius usb charging case, and automatic modes-brush heads pairing.
Which is Better, Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9500 or 9700?
The Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 is an effective and elegant toothbrush which will improve the way you clean your teeth. Your teeth are guaranteed to be a few shades whiter after just two weeks of usage. The many settings cater to all types of dental issues you might have. It is also good to use on any corrective dental supports like braces. This brush has scientifically been proven to remove 10 more plaque than a manual brush.
The adaptive brush heads absorb pressure so that you do not harm your gums when brushing too hard.
You should consider the new Diamondclean Smart 9500 because it has a tongue cleaning mode, a pressure sensor to stop you from brushing too hard and automatic syncing of brush heads with respective cleaning modes Although the brush is expensive you receive lifetime healthy teeth and gums. You get bags of value that outweigh the initial cost.
This toothbrush is elegant and impressive both in form and function. It is designed to provide you with the ultimate and complete dental hygiene and care. It has settings to cater for all periodontal needs.
Some of its impressive features include the patented Sonic technology that makes 31000 bristle strokes per minute. Every stroke makes two movements. This implies that you get 62000 brush movements on your teeth per minute. These movements sweep fluids in between your teeth to break down plaque even in the hard-to-reach areas.
Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 vs 9750
There is not much difference between Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 and 9750 apart from the addition of a brush head storage unit, and a number of the brush heads.
Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750 comes with 4 brush heads and a brush heads storage unit while, the 9700 model has 8 brush heads and no storing unit.
Philips Sonicare 9300 vs 9700
- Philips Sonicare 9300 comes with three brush heads compared to eight brush heads of the Sonicare 9700 Diamondclean Smart 9700
- Diamondclean Smart 9300 includes a premium travel charger that does not have a USB port compared to the 9700 series which comes a USB-compatible charger .
- On the bright side, Philips Sonicare 9300 comes in three colours (white, black, and pink) and is cheaper than the Philips Sonicare 9700 which comes in only one distinctive colour: Lunar.
Both Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300 and 9700 feature 3 cleaning intensities, and automatic mode-brush heads pairing.
Philips Sonicare 9900 Prestige vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700
Philips Sonicare Prestige 9900 was released in the Spring of 2021. The differences between these designs aren’t quite distinct but are subtle. In essence, it might seem like the Sonicare 9900 Prestige is an upgrade on the DiamondClean Smart range.
- Philips Sonicare 9900 Prestige is smaller and lightweight compared to the Diamondclean Smart 9700.
- Sonicare 9700 has different cleaning mode labelled on the brush handle but Prestige 9900 has no inscription of cleaning modes on the handle but rather its different cleaning modes are selected from the App.
- 9900 Prestige has five cleaning modes (clean, deep clean+, white+, sensitive) and gum health while, 9700 Diamondclean Smart has five cleaning modes (clean, deep clean+, white+, gum health & tongue clean).
- You will notice that the Prestige has no tongue clean mode but instead has a sensitive mode.
- Diamondclean 9700 cleaning modes will be toggled from the handle but that of Prestige 9900’s need to be changed via the app.
- 9700 Diamondclean comes with 8 brush heads while Sonicare 9900 has one brush head (one x A3 Premium All-in-One).
- 9700 brush heads are C3 Premium Plaque Control, G3 Premium Gum, Care, x W3 Premium White & and TongueCare+ tongue brush
- Both brushes possess a claimed two-week battery life. The Prestige can retain charge for up to four weeks while the Diamondclean can last up to around 3.5 weeks.
- The Prestige provides an exact portion (%) displayed in the smartphone app as you progress when cleaning your teeth.
- The Prestige tracks as well as logs a lot more details than the Smart brushes when not applied in real-time together with the app.
- Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 has BrushSync mode pairing but Prestige 9900 doesn’t.
- 9900 Prestige features a pressure sensor that alerts you in case you’re moving the brush a lot. The Prestige alters the cleaning mode intensity in case you’re using unnecessary pressure. This’s known as adaptive intensity.
- Prestige 9900 model’s traveling case is slimmer and fractionally much more fashionable than Diamondclean 9700.
- The 9900 traveling case charges via a removable USB Type C connector while 9700 has a built-in USB cable
- Diamondclean Smart 9700 travel case can hold two brush heads when compared with one of the Sonicare Prestige 9900.
- 9700 Diamondclean Smart features a premium cup charging stand whereas Prestige 9900 has a two-part plastic charging stand.
- The Diamondclean Smart takes as many as twenty-four many hours to charge fully when compared with the sixteen of the Prestige.
- Sonicare 9700 comes with 8 brush heads while Sonicare 9900 comes with one A3 premium brush head
- Clinical investigation showed the A3 Premium might eliminate 20x more plaque than a mechanical brush. Whereas the G3 and C3 provided with the DCS is able to remove only 10x. Thus the Prestige is much better.
- However, the A3 head is suitable for the DCS. Meaning this’s not really a benefit limited to the Prestige. The distinction is the A3 comes in the package with the Prestige rather than the DCS.
Following all these, you might argue that the Philips Sonicare Prestige 9900 encourages better oral hygiene habits due to the fact that it logs in more detailed and precise information about your brushing when compared to the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700. Also given that the cleaning modes are not switched on the handle but only changed via the app. This makes it more difficult to alter brush modes plus brush heads. By doing this you concentrate on brushing.
Philips Sonicare 9700 Review
|Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Electric, Rechargeable toothbrush for Complete Oral Care, with...||Check it out|
Last update on 2022-12-05 at 10:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 also called, Lunar Blue – HX9957/51 has three intensities (high, mid, low) you can vary the intensity of the brush strokes depending on your needs. The three intensity settings allow you to boost the brushing intensity as and when required.
- It provides personalized coaching and progress data on how well you are cleaning your teeth.
- It has a smart sensor brush head (a microchip fitted in the brush head) that recognizes the brush head you are using and syncs the cleaning mode compatible with that brush head for best results. For instance, if you have the adaptive brush head, it will sync your brush to deep clean. If you have the Intercare brush head, you will be synced with the sensitive mode and so forth.
- The Brush heads automatically align with the best cleaning mode and intensity for optimal results.
- It provides real-time tracking of your brushing.
- It guides you to be more effective and gentle with your brushing
- It has a pressure sensor and a scrubbing sensor that gently reminds you to reduce scrubbing if you are brushing so hard. A ring of light at the bottom of the handle flashes to alert you that you are brushing too hard.
- The app provides a 3D map of the mouth that identifies your trouble areas and reminds you to pay more attention to them.
- The app tracker reminds you when to replace the brush heads
- It has a tongue cleaner that removes odors from your mouth.
- Like all DiamondClean brushes, it has 5 cleaning modes that cover all your brushing needs (clean, whitening, sensitive, deep clean and gum care).
- Removes ten times more plaque than a manual brush
- It provides you up to seven times healthier gums in only two weeks
- It is clinically proven to reduce up to 100% reduced inflammation on gums.
- It removes 100% more stains in a span of three days thanks to densely packed centre bristles.
- The App has a “Touch-up” functionality that takes you back to areas you might not have brushed well to ensure that every brushing session is 100% effective.
- Like the normal DiamondClean, you get a sleek wireless charging glass charger and the deluxe USB travel case that also doubles up as a charger.
- It has Bluetooth 4.0 enabled tablets and is compatible with IOS; Ipad third generation and higher; iPhone 4S or higher and IOS7+(higher). It has slim custom ergonomic handles just like other DiamondClean brushes that have no app functionality.
What’s in the Box of the 9700 toothbrush?
- One DiamondClean Smart Handle
- Three Plaque Control brush heads (Premium)
- Two top quality Gum Care brush heads
- 2 high-end White brush heads
- one tongue cleaner
- One Glass charger and Travel case with USB
- Smart Brush Head Recognition
The manufacturers of the DiamondClean, have not only introduced Smart 9700 lunar blue, they have also improved the efficiency and functionality of their high-priced toothbrush, the DiamondClean. They have introduced a new brush head called Adaptive Clean. The Smart series is mainly marketed for adults, in case you want to buy your young ones a decent toothbrush then see our list.
Philips Sonicare 9500 Review
|Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Electric, Rechargeable toothbrush for Complete Oral Care, with...||Check it out|
Last update on 2022-12-05 at 06:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIIn May 2017 the manufacturer of this toothbrush introduced a new DiamondClean Smartphone called the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9500 electric toothbrush with Bluetooth and App. It comes in five colors (HX9903/21 PINK; HX9957/51 Amethyst; HX9903/11 GREY; H9924/11 BLACK; HX9903/01: Rose-Gold).
It has a 3D mind mapping app that tracks your teeth cleaning progress and coaches you to become better in the way you clean your teeth. We discuss the new Philips Diamondclean smart with app below in more detail.
This DiamondClean toothbrush is highly priced such that it prompts justification. Why should you buy it and not budget or mid-priced Sonicare toothbrushes like the 2 series plaque control?
Why You Need the 9500?
- The newer Smart 9500 removes ten times more plaque than an ordinary toothbrush. You get one month’s worth of brushing that you would have gotten using a manual toothbrush in only 2 minutes with the DiamondClean.
- It comes fitted with a smart chip fitted After rigorous clinical research, the key cause of almost all teeth problems is caused by areas/zones missed when brushing. The smart new diamond clean heads ensure you don’t miss any zone when brushing.
- It is good for your gums, especially with the adaptive clean brush head that flexes the contours of your teeth to ensure every inch of the surface is cleaned. The bristles gently massage your gums in a crisscross action to remove hidden plaque and improve the health of your gums. You get healthy gums after only two weeks of usage. The Diamond Clean and adaptive brush head help reverse the effects of gingivitis in your gums.
- It comes with three brush settings to cater to all your brushing needs: the adaptive brush head for deep cleaning; the DiamondClean for regular cleaning and the Intercare for sensitive teeth and receding gums.
- It has five different cleaning modes (Gum care; The Gum care brushing mode massages your gums to improve blood flow which in turn improves your immune system and protects the gums from infection. Gum massage is a cure for periodontal infection, Deep Clean, sensitive setting that has fewer vibrations and shorter brush strokes to cater to teeth sensitivity, Clean and White) that give you overall oral care for both your teeth and gums. Your dentist or hygienist will have little work to do.
- In the long run, it will save you the dental cost of regularly seeing a dentist because it is very effective at removing plaque and caring for your gums. This toothbrush is generally gentle with your gums.
- It has a long-lasting charger that can last for three weeks which is equivalent to 40 uses. This is unlike Oral B brushes that give you only 7 days of use after a full charge.
- It has an impressive modern look and elegant charging glasses that will not only make you feel good using it but will also enhance the look of your bathroom.
- You also get wireless charging. No messing up with wires. It comes with a high-spec deluxe traveling case that has a USB charging port. You can charge your brush directly using a USB plug or with your smart devices like your phone, laptop/computer etc.
- It whitens your teeth by at least two shades whiter after only two weeks use. There is a specific setting customised for whitening your teeth. For best results, you are advised to brush with the clean setting then fire up the whitening mode and really go for it. A number of studies done by dentists conclude that the DiamondClean whitens teeth in only two weeks. Dentists recommend it.
- It has timers, buzzers, and quadrants which are inbuilt mechanisms that keep you on track. They ensure that you clean your teeth to the dentist’s recommended two minutes.
- It employs patented Philips Sonicare sonic technology that makes 31000 bristles strokes per minute. These rapid multiple strokes sweep fluids around your teeth through crevices to effectively clean your teeth by removing plaque from hidden places.
- The brush heads are carefully designed in a rigorous mathematical arrangement of a tight density of bristles. This tighter density of bristles is clinically proven to thoroughly clean your teeth and dislodge plaque wherever it is hidden in your gums and teeth. The brush is rigorously tested by real human beings and their opinions are factored into the product.
As of June 2016, Sonicare diamond clean brushes now come packed with three brush heads. Previously a new pack of this brush only had two brush heads, the DiamondClean and clean.
The Smart 9500 comes loaded with four brushing heads: Adaptive (which flexes the contours of your teeth to ensure every inch of surface is cleaned).DiamondClean- designed to properly clean your teeth and give them a shiny sheen and the Intercare (which is designed for sensitive teeth). We shall get into these brush heads in more detail below.
Other 9500 Toothbrush Features Of Note Are:
- They introduced a new setting called deep clean and did away with the polish setting in favor of the deep clean mode. The deep clean works for a comprehensive three minutes while paying extra attention to your trouble spots. This gives those difficult-to-reach areas in your mouth a thorough deep clean.
- The polish setting in older versions of this brush was meant to polish your teeth and give them a shiny sheen. The new deep clean setting, thanks to the adaptive brush head removes 10 times more plaque compared to the former diamond clean brush head which only removes 7 times more plaque.
9500 and The Sonicare Brushing Technology
Philips Sonicare’s toothbrush range uses sonic technology in their toothbrushes. This involves rapid movements of the bristles. The sonic strokes sweep fluids between your teeth to break down any hidden food residue. Intensive research involving a lot of mathematical calculations indicates that 31000 bristles strokes provide the best result in removing plaque without damaging your teeth or gums. Two minutes of brushing ramps up these strokes to 62000 which is equivalent to two months of brushing with a manual toothbrush
What’s In the Diamondclean9500 Box?
- Three snap-on brushing heads (DiamondClean, Adaptive, and Intercare)
- Diamond Clean Sonicare slim ergonomic handle
- Deluxe traveling case charger
- Hygienic brush head covers
- glass stand charger
- Aluminum Induction charging base
- Charger Travel Case
- USB compatible wall adapter
- USB Cable
- Instruction Manual
- 2 Years Manufacturer’s guarantee
Different Types/ Colours of 9500
The Diamond Clean previously came in three colors Pink, Black, and White. However, on 22nd July 2015, the premium DiamondClean added a fashion-inspired colored DiamondClean to their high-end toothbrush called Amethyst.
Sonicare did not stop there; in June 2016 a more picturesque new DiamondClean called Rose Gold was added to the range.
In May 2017 a new DiamondClean compatible with Bluetooth that uses an app to track your toothbrush experience just hit the market by storm. This model mimics the latest Oral B 8000 Genius.
You can actually tell that this DiamondClean Smart Series Sonic 9500 with Bluetooth connectivity model is being introduced to the market to directly compete with Oral B Genius in the electric toothbrush with App market.
The 9500 comes in four distinct colors:
- BLACK – H9924/11;
- GREY – HX9903/11;
- PINK – HX9903/21;
- Rose-Gold – HX9903/01:
Philips Sonicare 9300 Review
|Philips HX9903/41 Sonic Toothbrush Black Purple Electric Toothbrush – Electric Toothbrush...||Check it out|
Last update on 2022-12-05 at 13:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe new just released Philips Sonicare 9300 DiamondClean series has a 3D mouth map that helps you track your brushing experience. It has a smart brush head that automatically syncs the brush head to the best cleaning mode for optimum performance.
- The DiamondClean range with an adaptive brush head removes ten times more plaque than ordinary manual brushes. You are assured of a brilliant clean for life when you use this brush.
- It whitens your teeth after only two weeks of continuous use
- It improves the health of your gums
- It has an ergonomic handle that makes it comfortable to use.
- Elegant design and a sleek finish.
- Deluxe USB travel case charger
- It doesn’t have a UV sanitizer even at the premium price it is currently going for.
- It is expensive compared to similar Oral-B models and most top toothbrushes.
This Smart 9300 is one of the most comfortable electric brushes in the industry. It is quite lightweight and packs a lot of features that will whiten your teeth and improve the health of your gums in just two weeks. Although it is highly priced, it has a reliable two years warranty and will give you access to a high-end tooth cleaning experience. For the price, it is definitely good value for money. The quality features will give you that feeling of stepping out of the dentist’s chair every time you brush your teeth with it.
Is Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Worth it?
Let us examine its key features to find out.
Philips Sonicare is so keen on research that will make their product as effective as can be. This is especially the case with their top flagship DiamondClean Smart Sonic Series 9750, 9700, 9500, and 9300. Sonicare has been described as testing its products with the rigor of a “mad scientist”. The sonic 31000 bristle strokes and brush density is a culmination of vigorous testing and calibration.
Every stroke makes two movements, so when you are brushing your teeth, the toothbrush makes 62000 movements per minute. This is the number that scientific findings show to be the most efficient in removing plaque.
Shape and Form of Bristles
The bristles are carefully formed into a diamond shape and crammed quite tightly to increase their density in comparison to the manual brush. The diamond-shaped brush head and high-density bristles have the right balance of pressure and depth that gives excellent results when cleaning your teeth. This toothbrush uses easy click-on brush heads that effortlessly snap onto the handle.
Arrangement of Bristles
The arrangement of the bristles is also backed by scientific research. The center bristles are relatively shorter. They are mainly used to dislodge plaque from the top surface of your teeth. The bristles at the front and back of the brush head are longer. They are designed to deal with the plaque on your gumline and in between your teeth. This toothbrush can be used on teeth with braces, crowns, periodontal pockets, and veneers.
At the base of the DiamondClean Smart, there is a luminous ring that flashes light when you are brushing too hard to alert you whenever you brush too hard. Brushing too hard is not recommended because they erode the gumline.
Like most Philips Sonicare brushes, this cleaner has easy start functionality. This functionality allows you to use a reduced number of vibrations that gradually increase for 14 days until you get used to the brushing experience and routine.
This toothbrush is surprisingly quite lightweight light and easy to use. The handle has a good grip and is finished in matte which is easier to maintain and clean than rubber.
Quadpacer, Buzzers, and Timers
This toothbrush like most electric toothbrushes has a quad pacer that buzzes every 30 seconds to give you a signal that you should move to the next section of your teeth. There is also a timer that automatically switches the toothbrush off when you have brushed for the dentist-recommended two minutes. The quad pacer and timer keep you on track for an exceptional cleaning experience.
The handles have an angled oblong shape which aids in reaching those hard-to-reach areas to clean like at the back of the molar.
The unique shape of your DiamondClean toothbrush handle combined with your brush heads means that even tricky spots like back teeth get a thorough clean.
As already pointed out this toothbrush comes with three new brush heads.
- The Intercare for sensitive teeth;
- The DiamondClean for regular cleaning ;
- Adaptive for comprehensive deep cleaning.
The new kid on the block is obviously the Adaptive brush head that makes 4 times more contact with the surface of your tooth that any other toothbrush head out there.
Regardless of the brush head you use, you can use all the brushing modes. The DiamondCleam has a chip on its brush heat that intuitively pairs the correct mode with the brush head of Your choice.
Blue Indicator Bristles and Protector Caps
The brush heads have blue indicator bristles that fade out when the bristles wear out. This alerts you that the brush head needs to be replaced.
The bristles have protective caps to hygienically store the brush heads.
We have already discussed this but will point out key features: The beauty of this toothbrush is that you don’t have to deal with messy wires or cables. Using the power of magnetic induction, a sleek and classy glass charges your brush. You can also use the glass to rinse your mouth. You also get a funky travel charger that has a USB charging port; you can charge it on any of your smart devices.
Feel and Look
- This brush does not have rubber strips but rather has a ceramic feel around it. It has a nice grip. Apart from the on/off button, the brush handle is seamless and quite lightweight.
- The brush head is somewhat elongated and the bristles are relatively soft.
Effectiveness and Customization
While using both brushes will no doubt enhance your teeth brushing regime and give you superior results compared to an average toothbrush. However, when it comes to effectiveness and customization, the DiamondClean Smart is Superior.
Not only does it automatically pair your brush head with the correct brushing mode via a chip that is fitted in the brush head, it also has 3D mouth mapping that tracks how effectively you brush each and every tooth.
Any tooth that does not receive adequate cleaning is flagged up in the app for repeat brushing. How good is that? After you re-do the missed zones, your teeth will have received a perfect clean that will keep you away from the dentist’s chair.
The new DiamondClean Smart’s exceptional results come at a cost though. It is relatively more expensive than the regular DiamondClean and is quite popular with celebrities like Beyonce and Oprah Winfrey who on record prefer the DiamondClean Smart.
In summary, if you just want a basic top-end brush that will do the job without bells and rings, then the regular DiamondClean is the one for you. However, if you want to notch things a bit higher, then the DiamondClean Smart is your baby. It will help you immensely improve your teeth cleaning skills and be much more effective in ensuring all zones in your mouth are adequately cleaned.
Made in China vs Germany
It is not easy to talk about a Sonicare toothbrush without the compulsion to wonder how it compares with a similar Oral-B model. All Philips Sonicare toothbrushes are made in China. This does not compromise the quality in any way because they have rigorous quality control measures in place. Compared to Oral B which manufactures its brushes in Germany, Sonicare brushes are just as durable as those of Oral B. It is all down to quality control parameters in place.
Support and Warranty
As with most high-end Sonicare models, you get two years warranty that covers you against defects and not wears and tear. Customer service is always on hand to help whenever you reach out to them.
Last update on 2022-12-05 at 04:59 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
For deals and sales, check Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Black Friday Cyber Monday Deals 2022.