Best Sonicare Toothbrush UK 2019: Sonicare is one of the dominant manufacturers of decent electric toothbrushes. However, with so many other comparative brands on offer, you might wonder whether buying Philips Sonicare is worth it. It’s no question that electric toothbrushes offer you better oral care than manual ones; the issue is which one should you go for? So let’s reviews Sonicare toothbrushes to find out if they are a good value for money.
Best Sonicare Toothbrush UK 2019
What Sets out Philips Sonicare Toothbrushes from others?
The defining feature about Sonicare is their patented sonic wave technology in which the toothbrush bristles vibrate and cycle 30 thousand timers per minute. This is unlike other brands that oscillate.
The multiple cycles create bibles of air that sweep into crevices to remove tartar and plaque around the base of the tooth. Tartar and plaque are largely responsible for most tooth defects like cavities and teeth recession.
Microwave ready food that is quite common in most of our diets are a major catalyst to the formation of tartar and plaque. To combat the plaque from thickening and hardening you need a brush that can keep the plaque at bay is super important.
Sonicare toothbrushes coupled with proper brushing technique are primed to break down plaque. The sweeping burbles that form during the swirling cycles by Sonicare brush bristles thanks to the sonic wave technology can reduce the chances of tartar accumulating to a level that will be damaging to the health of your teeth.
Comparison of Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Models
To win the game of market share, different brands make different models to cater for the different needs of individual customers. As a result, there are models that cater for high premium customers, those with teeth conditions like sensitive teeth and receding gums to budget and cheap models for customers in that range. Sonicare like other brands have a wide range of models which we explore below.
This is the flagship high premium Sonicare model. At the time of writing, there are two versions of the DiamondClean. All Diamondclean come with a charging glass, automatic power off and five cleaning modes.
1. DiamondClean Smart Series
2. DiamondClean Second and Third Generation.
The Diamond Clean Smart Series was unveiled in the market in May 2017. It was basically an upgrade from the 3rd generation. Unlike most Sonicare models, the Smart Series DiamondClean has six cleaning modes, Bluetooth configuration through an app that provides mouth mapping. This visually shows how you are brushing and also highlights areas you have missed so that you can re-do them for effective teeth cleaning. It also has a pressure sensor and a chip in the brush head that is used to give feedback on how you brush your teeth via an app.Philips Sonicare Series
There are two versions of the Series models: Series 2 and Series 3. The Series models are an upgrade to the Essence. They have two modes. Sonicare Series 2 has clean and plaque control modes. It is comes a brush-head more suited to remove plaque and has high intensity. The Series 3 has clean and gum control modes, the gum control has low intensity that is suitable to clean sensitive teeth and under the gum line.Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite
This is modelled alongside the Series 2. It has two modes, clean and White. The White mode as you would imagine is where the name HealthyWhite is drawn from. It gives you a clean polished look close to the one you get after visiting a dentist. The white mode lasts for 2 and a half minutes.
The HealthyWhite model is suitable for people with sensitive teeth and receding gums because it has 3 intensities, low, medium and high. It comes with a cap to cover the bristle head. This is especially handy when travelling. The only downside to this is that unlike competing brands like the Oral B 3000, it has no Bluetooth connectivity or pressure sensor.
This was basically a small upgrade from the 3rd generation. Small differences exist between them. The 2nd generation was launched in 2016 while the 3rd Generation was introduced in 2014. The charging base of the 3nd generation upgraded from plastic material to glass. In the 3rd generation the brush head charged while in a slanted position while in the 2nd generation, the brush head charges in an upright position. The supplied brush head changed, now all top end Sonicare models come with an adaptive clean brush head. The brush adaptive brush head is built on breakthrough technology that traces the contours of the teeth structure. This enables the brush head to brush every inch of your accessible teeth surface.
The 2nd Generation comes in 5 colours: (Black, White, Pink, Rose-gold and Amethyst). While the 3rd generation only has 4 colour variations (Black, White, Pink and Rose-gold). The naming of one of the cleaning modes has changed from polish to deep-clean. In the 3rd generation one of the cleaning mode was called polish and was meant to poish your teeth to give them a shiny sheen. This has been changed to deep clean in the 2nd generation.
However, with the introduction of Diamondclean Smart Series, the 2nd generation is being phased out
DiamondClean 3rd Generation is the Original DiamondClean that oozes class and style. It comes in five colours (Black, White, Pink and Rose-gold).
Advantages of using a Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush
- Sonicare brushes are suitable for people with receding gums because the many revolutions produce biofilm (plaque) breaking bubbles that reduce the accumulation of tartar.
- Its better than most brands when it comes to cleaning between teeth and crevices dues to its sweeping action resulting from multiple revolutions. The seeping action blasts any hidden food residue hidden under the gums. It also breaks plaque.
- They are appropriate for gums. They have specially designed modes to cater for people with gum related issues.
Sonicare brush heads are slightly more expensive than comparable brands.
It can seem to be quite aggressive when you first use it but atheist there is the easy start.
Which Sonicare Toothbrush is the Best
All this depends on your budget. At the high end we have Smart Series and Essense models.
Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Cyber Monday 2019
- Get 70% off on Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush, 2019 Edition, White (UK 2-pin Bathroom Plug with USB Travel Charger)
- Get 70 % off on Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush, 2019 Edition, Black (UK 2-pin Bathroom Plug with USB Travel Charger)
- Get 70% off Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush, 2019 Edition, Pink (UK 2-pin Bathroom Plug with USB Travel Charger)
- Get 70% off Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush, 2019 Edition, Rose Gold (UK 2-pin Bathroom Plug with USB Travel Charger)
- Get 22% off Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush Dual Handle Pack, Black - with USB Charging Travel Case and Charging Glass (UK 2-Pin Bathroom Plug) - HX9392/39
- Get 31% off Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4300 Electric Toothbrush with Travel Case, Dual Handle Pack, Pale Pink and Black (UK 2-Pin Bathroom Plug) - HX6807/34
Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Black Friday 2019 Deals UK
- Get 70% off Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush, 2019 Edition
- Get 22% Deal Price: £179.99 Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush Dual Handle Pack, Black - with USB Charging Travel Case and Charging Glass (UK 2-Pin Bathroom Plug) - HX9354/38'
- Get 31% off Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4300 Electric Toothbrush with Travel Case
- Get 37% off Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Electric Toothbrush and Philips AirFloss Pro Power Flosser
- Deal Price: £39.99 Philips Sonicare DailyClean 3500 Electric Toothbrush, Mint Green, with Travel Case and Optimal White Brush Head (UK 2-Pin Bathroom Plug) – HX6221/59
- Deal Price: £24.99 Philips Sonicare DailyClean 2100 Electric Toothbrush - Light Blue - HX3224/01
[amazon_link asins='B01M1OJNUU,B07B12TSX4,B07B11B6WQ,B004M1BO3U,B078MP1RV9,B07R9L3PYB' template='ProductGrid' store='dentaluk03-21' marketplace='UK' link_id='1cc06528-3fb3-49af-9843-99703daa50ec']