While in other basic entry Oral B electric toothbrushes people are crying about the battery life of their toothbrushes. This one, on the other hand, people are singing praises of long-lasting battery, that lasts in a span of 2 weeks time.
Oral B 6000 Key Features
- 5 cleaning modes: daily clean, gum care, sensitive, whitening and pro-clean
- Bluetooth Connectivity for tracking how often and long you brush your teeth
- 2 buttons: One for switching on and off and another one for changing cleaning modes.
- A visible pressure sensor that turns red to alert you not to brush your teeth too hard.
- A 2-minute timer that buzzes after every 30 seconds to alert you to move to another area. And buzzes twice when the 2 minutes dentist-recommended brushing time is over
- 3D cleaning action that is proven to remove 100% plaque than the manual toothbrush
- Battery indicator to alert you when the brush needs charging.
- Premium travel case made up of soft-touch plastic material.
- 3 brush heads
- 3 years warranty. To claim three years warranty, you need to register your toothbrush on the Oral B website immediately after buying it.
- Its handle is a bit heavy compared to the cheap Oral-B models.
- For charging it, you need to buy a 2 to 3 pin adaptor if you do not have a shaving socket in your bathroom.
5 Cleaning Modes
Compared to the entry-level Oral B toothbrush modes like the 650 or even the best selling Oral B pro 2 2500 that comes with one to two cleaning modes; this Oral-B Smart 6 6000 electric toothbrush, on the other hand, comes with 5 cleaning modes.
- Daily clean mode: For regular teeth brushing, removing dental plaque from your teeth and gum line.
- Gum Care mode: For cleaning the gums
- Sensitive mode: For cleaning sensitive teeth and gums gently
- Whitening mode: For whitening your teeth by scrubbing the ingrained surface stains
- Pro clean for deep cleaning
Basically, you need to use the daily clean mode on a daily basis, and other modes use them on-demand, once you feel necessary.
If you have ever used the low end, cheaper Oral B toothbrushes like 2500; you will appreciate this feature. The cheaper Oral B models have only one button, the on and off button. To change from one mode to another you have to keep pressing on and off several times until you reach the mode you want.
However, with the Oral B Smart 6000, no headache, you just need to press the second button with a downward arrow on it for changing modes. What a time-saving feature.
With the Oral B 6 6000 Smart series rechargeable electric toothbrush; you are enabled to use the Oral B-App via Bluetooth connectivity.
You can do a lot of things with the app including:
- Getting tips on how to brush your teeth and gums properly
- Customizing the way you brush your teeth and
- Setting it up to track how long and how often you brush your teeth
The best part, you get a Smartphone holder to keep your phone in place while brushing your teeth and letting the Oral B app track your general brushing habit.