What is the Oral-B Pro 3 3000 electric toothbrush, its key features and how does it differ from other Oral B electric toothbrushes? Let us find out.
The Oral B Pro 3 3000 rechargeable electric toothbrush is one of the best value Oral B electric toothbrushes in the market today. It is an improved version of the Oral B Pro 3000 with an upgrade of the battery life from Nickel Hydride to Lithium-Ion.
With the Lithium-ion battery, you get two weeks battery life compared to 7 days of the old Nickel Hydride battery. The battery flashes red when needs charging, green when it is charging and no flash when it full charged.
Apart from that, the carry case is also included with this new Oral B 3 3000 electric toothbrushes.
Its Key Features
- 2 Cleaning modes: daily clean and sensitive
- In-built quad pacer two-minute timer
- Visible pressure sensor
- 3D cleaning action
- 2 brush heads: 1 CrossAction and 1 3D White
- 2 weeks battery life
- A charging station that comes with 2 pin plug, (You need a 2 to 3 pin adaptor or a shaving socket to connect it), works on 220-240 volts
- Travel Case
- Waterproof meaning you can use it on the shower
- 2 years warranty that can be extended to three by registering it online
- No Bluetooth connectivity, if you like this feature check the Oral B Smart 4 4000
- Like other Oral-B's, this brush also does not switch off itself automatically after 2 minutes brushing time. You need to switch it off manually
2 Cleaning Modes
Compared to the Oral B 4 4000 smart that comes with 3 modes, with this pro 3, you get only 2 cleaning modes: the daily clean and the sensitive mode. The daily clean mode can be used with any brush head mainly the CrossAction to remove dental plaque on a daily basis. The sensitive mode, on the other hand, is to be used with the sensitive brush head for cleaning sensitive teeth and gums.
In-Built Quadpacer Two Minute Timer
The Oral B Pro 3 like all other Oral B toothbrushes comes also with a built-in timer with a pacer that buzzes after every 30 seconds and double buzz when 2 minutes recommended brushing time is over.
The 30 seconds buzz alerts you to move from the area you are brushing to another area. Basically our mouth is divided into 4 quadrants, you spend 30 seconds brushing each area with the help of the buzzing quad pacer.
Visible Pressure Sensor
The Pro 3 3000 also includes a visible pressure sensor located at the rear side of the handle. The sensor is there to help you not to over brush your teeth. Every time you press too firmly, it flashes red.
It is advised that you avoid brushing your teeth too hard as doing so may lead to wearing out of tooth enamel and hence tooth cavities, gums recession and sensitivity. The red flash on the pressure sensor will help achieve that by alerting you every time you brush too hard.
3D Cleaning Action
As you might have heard or read, the Oral B brushes employ rotary technology: oscillating, rotating and pulsating. It is claimed that this technology cleans better than Philips Sonicare motion (https://www.cochrane.org/CD002281/ORAL_poweredelectric-toothbrushes-compared-to-manual-toothbrushes-for-maintaining-oral-health).
What you get with the Oral B Pro 3 3000 like all other mid to high-end Oral B toothbrushes is a proper tooth to tooth cleaning. You guide the brush for a few seconds each to clean each tooth individually removing up to 100% plaque.
2 CrossAction Brush Head
You get two brush heads compared to the one that you get with the best selling Oral B Smart 2 2500 electric toothbrush.
- CrossAction brush head: This is the small round head with angled bristles for cleaning both teeth and along the gum line. And the
- 3D White brush head: This brush head is for
teeth whitening. It has a whitening cup on it for scrubbing teeth surface
stains giving your teeth a whiter look compared to using the CrossAction head only
Oral B Pro 3 3000 vs. Pro 2 2500
- The Pro 3 comes in only one colour blue/white while the pro 2 comes in both white/black and pink/white
- Another difference is that while the Oral B pro 3 3000 comes with 2 brush heads (CrossAction and 3D white), the pro 2 2500, on the other hand, comes with only brush head, the CrossAction brush head
- The Oral-B Pro 2 2500 is cheaper than the Oral-B Pro 3 3000 electric toothbrush.
- Both have a 2-minute timer with a pacer, 2 cleaning modes, a travel case, charging station with 2 pin plug, 2-year warranty that can be extended to 3 by registering it on Oral B website. And they are both waterproof meaning can be used on the shower but avoid submerging them on water.
Oral B Pro 3 3000 Review, For deals, check our dedicated Oral B electric toothbrush Cyber Monday deals 2019.