Oral B Pro 3000 vs 6000 vs Smart 5000 differences and similarities. See how the Oral B Pro 3 3000 electric toothbrush compares with Oral B Smart 6 6000, and smart 5 5000.
Oral B Pro 3000 vs 6000
The difference between Oral B Pro 3000 and 6000 is on the number of cleaning modes, brush heads, pressure sensor, Bluetooth, colour options and the price. travel case. Whereas the Oral B Smart 6 6000 (the latest version of Oral B Pro 6000) comes with 5 modes, the pro 3 3000 comes with only 2.
Both pro 3000 and 6000 include daily clean and sensitive modes. But smart 6 6000 comes also with the deep clean, gum care and whitening mode.
There is also a difference in visible pressor sensor, whilst that of pro 3000 is read side located and flashes red to alert you when brushing too hard; the smart 6 6000 sensor, on the other hand, is a 3D smartRing that can be customised into choice colour out of 12 colours given.
Additionally, there is a difference in the number of brush heads you get with each model. Whereas you get 3 brush heads with the smart 6 6000; you only get 2 with the pro 3000 electric toothbrush. You advised, replacing used brush heads after every three months of use to keep them effective.
Moreover, there are also colour options differences, whereas the 6000 model comes in blue and white colours, the Pro 3000 comes in blue colour only.
Not only that but also, there is a difference in the Bluetooth connectivity. Whereas the smart 6 6000 is Bluetooth enabled allowing you to connect your brush with the Oral B app for real-time feedback and tutorial; the pro 3000 does not include Bluetooth.
Lastly, there is also price difference, whereby as expected the Oral B Pro 3000 is cheaper than smart 6 6000.
Though apart from the differences:
- They both employ 3D cleaning action to remove up to 100% plaque,
- Both use lithium-ion battery than stays up to two weeks time before a need to recharge them again
- All come with 2 pin plug charger to be connected on your bathroom socket or can buy power adaptor if want to charge it somewhere else.
- Both come with 2 to 3 years warranty if you register it on Oral B and
- They both come with a travelling case, however, that of 6000 model is more premium compared to of the 3000 model plastic case. But on the bright side, both cases can store a handle and 2 brush heads.
Oral B Pro 3000 vs Smart 5000
As in the case of Oral B Pro 3000 vs 6000, the differences also between Oral B Pro 3000 and Smart 5000 is on the number of cleaning modes, brush heads, brush head storage unit, Bluetooth connectivity, phone holder and the price.
Whereby the Oral B Smart 5 5000 comes with 5 cleaning modes same the 6000 model; the pro 3000, on the other hand, comes with 2 modes only. They both come with daily clean and sensitive mode. The 5000 model has 3 more namely: deep clean, gum care and whitening modes.
Additionally, whereas the pro 3 3000 comes with 2 brush heads and no storage unit; the 5000 model, however, comes with 3 heads plus a storing unit with space for storing up to four brush heads per time.
Moreover. the Oral B Smart 5 5000 is Bluetooth enabled which gives you the ability to connect your brush with the brand app for getting real-time feedback and coaching. The pro 3 3000 model though does not include Bluetooth connectivity.
When it comes to price, the Pro 3000 is cheaper than the 5000 model. It comes in blue colour only compared the 5000 that comes in white and blue colour options to choose from.
Apart from the differences:
- Both pro 3 3000 and smart 5 5000 use lithium-ion battery can go up to 14 days when fully charged. A 2 pin plug charger is included in the box.
- They both employ 3D cleaning action (rotates, vibrates and pulsates) to remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush
- Like all other Oral B electric toothbrush, both pro 3000 and smart 5 5000 come with small round brush heads to offer tooth to tooth cleaning action and
- They both include a rear side visible pressure sensor to alert you when brushing hard and a 2-minute timer with quadrapacer to help you brush at 2 minutes recommended time, twice a day.
- You get 3 years warranty if you register it online.
Oral B Pro 3 3000 Review
The Oral B Pro 3 3000 rechargeable electric toothbrush is one of the best value Oral B electric toothbrushes in the market today. It is an improved version of the Oral B Pro 3000 with an upgrade of the battery life from Nickel Hydride to Lithium-Ion.
With the Lithium-ion battery, you get two weeks battery life compared to 7 days of the old Nickel Hydride battery. The battery flashes red when needs charging, green when it is charging and no flash when it full charged.
Apart from that, the carry case is also included with this new Oral B 3 3000 electric toothbrushes.
- 2 Cleaning modes: daily clean and sensitive
- In-built quad pacer two-minute timer
- Visible pressure sensor
- 3D cleaning action
- 2 brush heads: 1 CrossAction and 1 3D White
- 2 weeks battery life
- A charging station that comes with 2 pin plug, (You need a 2 to 3 pin adaptor or a shaving socket to connect it), works on 220-240 volts
- Travel Case
- Waterproof meaning you can use it on the shower
- 2 years warranty that can be extended to three by registering it online
2 Cleaning Modes
Compared to the Oral B 4 4000 smart that comes with 3 modes, with this pro 3, you get only 2 cleaning modes: the daily clean and the sensitive mode. The daily clean mode can be used with any brush head mainly the CrossAction to remove dental plaque on a daily basis. The sensitive mode, on the other hand, is to be used with the sensitive brush head for cleaning sensitive teeth and gums.
In-Built Quadpacer Two Minute Timer
The Oral B Pro 3 3000 like all other Oral B electric toothbrushes, this brush comes also with a built-in timer with a pacer that buzzes after every 30 seconds and double buzz when 2 minutes recommended brushing time is over.
The 30 seconds buzz alerts you to move from the area you are brushing to another area. Basically our mouth is divided into 4 quadrants, you spend 30 seconds brushing each area with the help of the buzzing quad pacer.
Visible Pressure Sensor
The Pro 3 3000 also includes a visible pressure sensor located at the rear side of the handle. The sensor is there to help you not to over brush your teeth. Every time you press too firmly, it flashes red.
It is advised that you avoid brushing your teeth too hard as doing so may lead to wearing out of tooth enamel and hence tooth cavities, gums recession and sensitivity. The red flash on the pressure sensor will help achieve that by alerting you every time you brush too hard.
3D Cleaning Action
As you might have heard or read, the Oral B brushes employ rotary technology: oscillating, rotating and pulsating. It is claimed that this technology cleans better than Philips Sonicare motion (https://www.cochrane.org/CD002281/ORAL_poweredelectric-toothbrushes-compared-to-manual-toothbrushes-for-maintaining-oral-health).
What you get with the Oral B Pro 3 3000 like all other mid to high-end Oral B toothbrushes is a proper tooth to tooth cleaning. You guide the brush for a few seconds each to clean each tooth individually removing up to 100% plaque.
2 CrossAction Brush Head
You get two brush heads compared to the one that you get with the best selling Oral B Smart 2 2500 electric toothbrush.
- CrossAction brush head: This is the small round head with angled bristles for cleaning both teeth and along the gum line. And the
- 3D White brush head: This brush head is for teeth whitening. It has a whitening cup on it for scrubbing teeth surface stains giving your teeth a whiter look compared to using the CrossAction head only
- No Bluetooth connectivity, if you like this feature check the Oral B Smart 4 4000
- Like other Oral-B's, this brush also does not switch off itself automatically after 2 minutes brushing time. You need to switch it off manually