Oral B 650 pro vs 2500 vs 2000 vs 680 vs 670 vs 600 vs Vitality Plus differences and similarities. A detailed review of how does Oral-B Pro 650 Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush compares with Oral B Pro 2500, 2000, 680, 670, 600 and Oral B Vitality Plus.
Oral B Pro 650 Vs 2500
- While Oral B 650 pro comes with one cleaning mode, the daily clean, the Oral-B Pro 2500 comes with two (daily clean and gum care). The gum care is handy in times of sensitive teeth and gums
- Pro 2500 includes a visible pressure sensor to alert you when brushing hard,whereas the pro 650 lack this important feature. Brushing your teeth too hard can lead to tooth sensitivity and gum recession
- Also the Oral B Pro 2500 battery when full charged goes up to 14 days while that of Pro 650 lasts only 7 days. Pro 2500 uses Lithium-ion battery while pro 650 uses Nitrogen Hydride Metal
- The Pro 2500 also comes with a travel case that can store a brush handle and 2 brush heads compared to Oral Pro 650 that lacks a travelling case
- And whereas the Oral B 650 comes in black, blue and pink; pro 2500 comes in black and pink colours only.
- Otherwise, they both employ 3D cleaning action, comes with one brush head, and includes a built-in two minute timer
- By price, Oral B Pro 650 is the cheapest when compared to pro-2500
Oral B Pro 650 Vs Pro 2000
- Whereas the Oral B Pro 2000 includes a visible pressure sensor to alert you when brushing hard, the 650 lack this important feature
- And while the pro 2000 has 2 cleaning modes (daily clean and gum care) same as pro 2 2500; the Oral B Pro 650 has only one mode (daily clean). While the daily clean is more than enough mode for daily usage, in times of tooth sensitivity, the gum care mode is quite handy.
- Oral B Pro 2000 offer better battery life of up to 14 days usage on full charge, while pro 650 offers only 7 days usage before next charge
- On the other side, whereas the pro 650 comes with toothpaste, the pro 2000 does not include toothpaste on its box.
- Otherwise, they both come with a 2 minute timer with pacer to help you brush at recommended 2 minutes time, twice daily. Both offer 3D cleaning action and are compatible with all Oral B brush heads (crossAction, floss Action, 3D White, gum care and more).
- An intern of price, Oral B 650 pro is the cheapest when compared to pro 2000. Both are under £50 price tag.+
Oral B Pro 650 Vs Vitality Plus
- Whereas Oral B Pro 650 employs an advanced Oral B cleaning technology (3D action) to remove up to 100% plaque; vitality plus features 2D cleaning action, not great but still better than a manual toothbrush
- However, Oral B Vitality Plus comes with 2 brush heads compared to one of Pro 650
- And whereas, vitality plus comes in black, white, blue and pink colours; pro 650 comes in black, blue and pink only.
- Meanwhile, they both have 2 minute timer with no quadrapacer (30 seconds buzzer that produces sounds after every 30 seconds to alert you to move into cleaning another mouth section)
- They both also feature one cleaning mode (daily clean), 7 day battery life, and both lack a travelling case, Bluetooth connectivity and other advanced features as found in brushes like Oral-B Pro 6500, 8000 and Genius X.
- By price, Vitality Plus is a bit cheaper than the 650 by 5 quid. Better go for pro 650 in this case that offers 3D cleaning action
Oral B Pro 650 Vs 670
The only difference between the Oral B Pro 650 and 670 is on the number of brush heads: Whereas the Oral B Pro 670 comes with 2 crossAction brush heads, pro 650 comes with only one brush head.
Otherwise, they both pro 650 and 670 feature 3D cleaning action, includes one cleaning mode, 7 day battery life , A toothpaste and a pacer to alert you after every 30 seconds to move into cleaning another mouth section.
They are less of the same price, under £30.
Oral B Pro 650 Vs 600
The only difference between Oral B Pro 650 Vs 600 is on the add-ons. Whereas the Pro 650 comes with toothpaste; the Oral-B Pro 600 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush does not include toothpaste on its package. Otherwise, they both offer 3D cleaning action, one brush head, one cleaning mode (daily clean), same colour choice (black, blue and pink) and price difference is only 2 pounds.
Oral B Pro 670 vs 600 vs 650
The main difference between the Oral B Pro 600 and 650 is 2 twofold: one is the colour range: Where the Oral-B Pro 600 comes in either blue or pink colour the 650, on the other hand, comes in black or pink. And while the 600 does not include a travel case, the 650, on the other hand, comes with a standard travel case.
There is also the Oral B Pro 670 which is the same as the 600, but a bit cheaper. It is blue and comes with 2 crossAction brush heads. It is however lacks a travel case when compared to the 650 that comes with one brush head but with a travel case included.
The price difference between these three toothbrushes is not that much. At the time of writing, it was less than five pounds.
Which is better, Oral B 600, 650 or 670?
If you want an electric toothbrush with a travelling case, go for Oral-B Pro 650. If you want 2 brush heads, go for the Oral B Pro 670. And if you just want a simple toothbrush with only one brush head, go for the Oral-B Pro 600. However, don’t forget that you need to buy a new brush head after every 3 months.
The difference between Oral B Pro 2 2500 and 2000 is on the travel case, colour options and so the price. The Pro 2 2500 comes with a travel case, Oral B 2000 does not. And whereas pro 2 2500 comes in black/white and pink/white, the Oral-B Pro 2 2000N CrossAction Electric Toothbrush Rechargeable comes in pink/white and blue/white.
The price between the 2 is more less the same, hence making sense to go for the 2500 model with travel case.
They both come with a built-in two minute timer, 2 cleaning modes, visible pressure sensor, 2 pin UK plug charger, 2 weeks battery life (lithium-ion), and both features 3D cleaning movement.
Oral B 600 vs Vitality Plus
The difference between the Vitality Plus and Pro 600 is on the cleaning action, battery status, colour options and the price. Whereas the Vitality Plus employ 2D cleaning action (oscillation and pulsation); the Oral-B Pro 600, on the other hand, employs 3D cleaning action (rotation, vibration and pulsation).
The 3D cleaning action is better than the 2D cleaning movement Whereby the 2D can remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush, the 3D removes more than the 2D, up to 100% more than the manual ones too.
Additionally, whilst the pro 600 has a battery status indicator on its handle that flashes red when the battery is low and green when it is charging. The Oral B Vitality does not have any indicator when the battery goes low, it stops working until you recharge it.
Another key defining difference is on the number of brush heads you get, whereas Oral B Vitality Plus comes with 2 brush heads; Oral-B Pro 600 CrossAction Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush comes with one only.
And when comes to colour options, whereas the vitality comes in pink, blue, black and white; the pro 600 comes in blue only.
Vitality Plusis cheaper than the pro 600 by 5 to 6 quid.
Apart from the differences discussed above:
- They both come with 2-minute timer with a pacer to help you brush evenly at two minutes twice a day as recommended by dental professionals
- Their battery when fully charged can stay up to 7 days compared to 14 of pro-2000 (compared below)
- Both lack a visible pressure sensor but rather slow down the toothbrush as a means to alert you to stop brushing too hard instead, guide the brush to do its work
- You get 2 pin plug and 2 years warranty that can be extended to 3 if you register it online
Oral B Pro 650 Review
The Oral-B Pro 650 Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush is one of the best budget electric toothbrushes UK 2020 under £50. It comes in Black, blue and pink colour variations to choose from.
- It comes with a built-in 2-minut-timer with a pacer to help you brush at the recommended dental professional 2 minutes brushing time, twice daily. A quadrapacer buzzes after every 30 seconds to alerts you to move into cleaning another mouth section
- Features one cleaning mode, the daily clean
- 7 day battery life compared to 14 days of Oral B Pro 2 2500. The battery icon on brush handle flashes red when the battery is low and green when it is charging
- It used to come with a travel case but nowadays, it comes with Oral-B Pro-Expert deep clean toothpaste. If you would rather have a travel case instead of toothpaste as an add-on, go for Oral-B Pro 680 Cross Action Black Electric Toothbrush .
Differentiated by the type of brush head you get- the Oral Pro 650 comes in 3 types (CrossAction, Sensi UltraThin and 3D White) with the CrossAction being the most recommended brush head for most people. Sensi UltraThin is for sensitive teeth and 3D for teeth whitening.
The best part is that Pro 650 is compatible with all Oral B brush heads; therefore, you can always buy a replacement head of your choice, ranging from sensitive, gum care, 3D white, CrossAction, floss Action and more.
On the negative side, the Pro 650 does not have a pressure sensor to alert you in case of brushing your teeth too hard nor a travel case to help storing your brush when travelling.
In comparison, iterms of price and what pro 650 offers, it sounds a good idea to go for Fairywill Electric Sonic Toothbrush with 5 Modes, Charged 4 Hours at Least 30 Days Use, Sonic Toothbrush with 4 Brush Heads and 2 Mins Timer for Adults and Teens(FW-508 Black) .
With Fairywill, you get 30 day battery life, 4 brush heads, and USB charging cable. However, despite the fact that Fairywill electric toothbrush offers more for a cheaper price, it does not also include a pressure sensor.
If you want an electric toothbrush with a pressure sensor, and a travel case, go for Oral-B Pro 2 2500 .
But if you just want a simple, basic electric toothbrush, then Oral-B Pro 650 Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun, 1 Black Handle, 1 Toothbrush Head, 1 Oral-B Pro-Expert Professional Protection Toothpaste 75 ml, 2 Pin UK Plug is quite good.
Like all other Oral B electric toothbrushes, it comes with a small round brush head, offering a tooth to tooth cleaning action through a 3D cleaning action (rotates, oscillates and pulsates ) perfect technology to remove up to 100% plaque along a gum line.
Like other Oral B toothbrush, you also get three years guarantee, 2 years at the time of buying and one more year when you register it online.
How to use Oral B Pro 650?
Same as the Oral B electric toothbrush 600 below. Hold it at 45 degree and guide it to clean your teeth, from one tooth to the other.
You are advised against scrubbing or brushing too hard. Just hold it gently and guide it to do its work from one mouth section to another area, tooth to tooth until all teeth are clean.
And you can use any toothpaste of your choice or the one provided.
Which is better Oral B Pro 650, 2500, 2000, 680, 670, 600 or Vitality Plus?