Yes, older children aged 3 years and above can use the Oral B electric toothbrush to brush their teeth. Basically, you need to buy a dedicated electric toothbrush for kids in a specific age range: a toddler, a 5, 7, 8, 12 year old or teenager.
- Oral B has a wide range of child friendly toothbrushes that are small to fit kids mouth, include musical tones and different kids favorite characters to entertain them while brushing and a 2 minute times to keep track of dentists recommended 2 minute brushing time.
- The brand offer the toothbrushes that are soft and gently on kids teeth and gums
- Adults’ electric toothbrushes are not suitable for kids’ teeth. Their bristles are too rough for children use.
Notice that it is recommended that you assist children aged 7 years old and below in brushing their teeth. This is to help them develop necessary teeth brushing skills and ensure proper cleaning. Show them how to brush not only their teeth but gums too to prevent cavities and gum diseases.
Like adult’s toothbrushes, you need to replace the kids’ electric toothbrush head after every 3 months of use and after any infection such as cold and flu.
What Are the Benefits of Using Oral B Electric Toothbrush for Kids?
- Ease of Use: You just need to guide the brush, where to brush, and let it do its work. No need of applying any manual brushing effort.
- Dental Plaque Removal: Electric toothbrushes have ability to remove up to 100% tooth plaque than the manual toothbrush. They are also able to reach hard to reach areas and offer a thoroughly clean between teeth and along gum lines.
- Entertainment: Kids love brushing their teeth while listening to music or watching their favorite Disney characters. This makes it easier to get them into cleaning their teeth twice a day.
What Is The Best Oral B Kids Electric Toothbrush?
|No.||Image||Toothbrush||For||Battery life, days||Bluetooth Enabled||Buy|
|1.||Oral-B Stages Power Kids Electric Toothbrush||3 to 6 year old||5||No|
|2.||Oral-B Junior Kids Electric Toothbrush||6 to 12 year old||7||No|
|3.||Oral-B Teen White Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush||13 to 18 year old teenagers||14||Yes|
How to Brush Kids Teeth?
- Wet a toothbrush
- Apply a pea size amount of toothpaste
- Place the toothbrush at 45 degree angle from the gum line
- Guide the brush to brush one teeth after the other
- Let them spit excess toothpaste while brushing
- Remember to help them brush their teeth twice a day.
- Don’t use the brush if it is damage or worn out. It can cause more harm than benefit.
Can Electric Toothbrush Damage Kids Teeth?
Like anything else, using an electric toothbrush as recommended by the manufacturer in the instruction manual accompanied it is the best way to go. This will prevent you from using damaged toothbrush, or applying too much pressure on kids’ teeth while brushing them. You will also be able to assess whether the toothbrush is in good condition or not before using it on your child.
Otherwise, if used properly, electric toothbrush for kids from Oral B will help reduce risks of tooth cavity and gum disease. The rechargeable Oral B kids toothbrush helps remove 100 percent more dental plaque more than manual toothbrush. Get one today.