Every time you search for an Oral B electric toothbrush especially on Amazon; you will see it referred by its brush head. For instance, Oral B Pro 2500 crossAction electric toothbrush, the Oral B Pro 2500 Ultrathin electric toothbrush and the likes.
As you can see it is the same model, 2500 but with different names. Is it something to worry about? Let us see what each brush head is meant for to help you decide whether to choose randomly or with purpose.
Oral B Electric Toothbrush Heads
There are six main Oral B electric toothbrush heads:
- Sensi Ultrathin
- 3D White
- Floss Action
- Precision Clean and
- Oral-B Trizone
There is also some few specialized Oral B brush heads including:
- Oral-B Ortho Care Essentials, best brush head for braces. It is great at cleaning in between the brace, crowns and teeth implants
- Oral-B Power Tip Interdental, best brush head for cleaning in between teeth and in hard to reach areas, around implants and other dental works.
- Oral-B Dual Clean has two brush heads that brush at the same time: one clean side to side while the other one rotates for double cleaning effect.
Oral-B CrossAction Toothbrush Head
The Oral B crossAction electric toothbrush is the most favorite brush head for many people. It small and round in shape with stiff bristles set at 16 degree to clean the teeth, gums and in between teeth effectively. It is a bit abrasive in cleaning teeth than other Oral-B brush heads.
This brush head is not suitable for people with sensitive teeth and gums or sores.
Oral B Sensi UltraThin Brush Head
The Sensi UltraThin brush head is considered as the best electric toothbrush head for people with sensitive teeth and gum disease.
- It made with soft clusters of petals like bristles offering gently clean along the gum lines and teeth surface.
- Its motion when cleaning the teeth is less aggressive when compared to other Oral-B brush heads.
Oral-B 3D White Toothbrush Head
If you want to whiten teeth using an electric toothbrush, then the Oral B 3D White electric toothbrush head is the best. It is good not only at removing plaque but also at removing teeth surface stains giving them a clean superior look.
At the center of the brush head is the 3D White polishing cup for scrubbing the stains out of your teeth.
Notice however, the 3D white is only for removing surface stains; in case you are not satisfied with the result you need to consider other in office or at home teeth whitening methods that use hydrogen peroxide.
Oral-B Trizone Brush Head
The Oral B Trizone electric toothbrush head is like a manual toothbrush head in shape. It is big in size compared to other Oral B electric toothbrush heads.
- Its head is made up of clusters of bristles that clean the back of the teeth, tooth surface and between teeth at the same time.
- Its bristles clean better than that of the manual toothbrush by reaching two times deeper in between teeth to remove plaque buildup between those hard to reach areas.
- It cleans teeth sides by sweeping away dental build up tooth plaque.
Oral-B Floss Action Electric Toothbrush Head
Oral B Floss Action toothbrush head The Oral B Floss Action toothbrush head is one of the best brush heads for removing plaque both on surface and in between teeth. It cleans and floss at the same time; however, this is not a replacement for flossing your teeth. You still need to floss your teeth using water flosser or flossing picks.
It is small, and round in shape with unique bristles that penetrate deep between teeth. This helps remove stacked food particles and dental plaque.
Oral-B Precision Clean Brush Head
The Oral B precision clean electric toothbrush head is good for cleaning your gums. It has ability to remove up to five times plaque along the gum line.
- It is formed with clusters of bristles with different length that penetrate deep to clean hard to reach areas while clearing away plaque and polishing teeth surfaces.
- It offers 48,000 movements a minute to effectively remove plaque compared to 600 of a manual toothbrush
- It is compatible with all Oral B electric toothbrushes except Oral-B Sonic Models
In Summary: Get Know These
- If you buy the Oral B premium toothbrushes like the Oral B 9000, you will get more different brush heads to give you power to clean every part of your mouth effectively.
- You need to replace your brush head after every three months of use.
All Oral-B replacements heads are compatible with all Oral B rechargeable electric toothbrushes except the Oral B sonic toothbrush.