Let us compare the Oral-B Pro 2 2500 vs 6500 and see which one is worth it. But before going on let us clear out that Oral B has been improving its electric toothbrushes since 2007, upgrading them with improved battery life. The improved Oral B 2500 with longer battery life has been renamed Oral B Pro 2 2500 while the 6500 is still the same.
- Oral-B 3D technology movement: Round toothbrush head...
- Protect your sensitive gums: Visible gum pressure...
- From day 1: Gently whitens your teeth from 1st use by...
- Two cleaning brushing modes: Daily clean and gum care
- Oral-B is the No. 1 brand: Used by dentist...
Last update on 2020-12-01 at 19:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Oral-B 3D technology movement: Round toothbrush head...
- First of its kind: Intelligent toothbrush offers best...
- 5 professional cleaning modes: Daily clean, pro clean,...
- From day 1: Gently whiten your teeth from first use by...
- 30 days money back: With a dedicated support line...
Last update on 2020-12-01 at 19:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Get 74% off Oral-B Genius 9000
- Get 71% off Oral-B Genius X Limited Edition Electric Toothbrush, 1 Blush Pink Connected Handle Using Artificial Intelligence, 6 Modes, 1 Toothbrush Head, 1 Smart Travel Case, Gift for Men/Women
- Get 66% off Oral-B SmartSeries 6000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush, 1 White App Connected Handle, 5 Cleaning Modes with Whitening and Gum Care, Pressure Sensor, 4 Toothbrush Heads, Travel Case, UK 2 Pin Plug
- Get 65% off Oral-B Smart 4 4500 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush Rechargeable, 1 App Connected Handle, 3 Modes, Pressure Sensor, 2 Brush Heads, 1 Travel Case, 2 Pin UK Plug, Gift for Men/Women
- Get 62% off Oral-B iO8 - Electric Toothbrushes Rechargeable, White & Black Handles, Revolutionary Magnetic Technology, Colour Display, 2 Toothbrush Heads, 1 Premium Travel Case, Gift for Men/Women, 2020 Edition
- Get 60% off Oral-B iO8 Black Ultimate Clean Electric Toothbrush for Adults with Revolutionary Magnetic Technology, Colour Display, 1 Toothbrush Head, 1 Magnetic Pouch, 6 Modes, Gift for Men/Women, 2020 Edition
- Get 25% off Oral-B Genius 9900 Set of 2 Electric Toothbrushes Rechargeable, 2 Handles Rose Gold and Black, 6 Modes, Pressure Sensor, 4 Toothbrush Heads, Travel Case, 2 Pin UK Plug, Gift for Men/Women
- Get 8% off Oral-B Genius X Luxe Edition with Artificial Intelligence Rose Gold Electric Toothbrush, 4 Toothbrush Heads, Pressure Sensor, Luxury USB Travel Case, UK 2 Pin Plug, Gift for Men/Women
- Get 17% off Oral-B iO7 White Ultimate Clean Electric Toothbrush for Adults with Revolutionary Magnetic Technology, B&W Display, 1 Toothbrush Head, 1 Premium Travel Case, 5 Modes, Gift for Men/Women, 2020 Edition
- Brush heads:
- Today’s Deals: Get 50% off Oral-B iO Replacement Toothbrush Heads White Gentle Clean 4-Pack Mailbox Fit
- Get 50% off Oral-B iO Ultimate Clean Black Toothbrush Heads, Pack of 4 Counts
- Get 24% off Oral-B Precision Clean Replacement Heads with Cleanmaximiser Technology
- Get 20% off Replacement Toothbrush Heads for Braun Oral B - Toothbrush Replacement Heads Compatible with Oral-B, Includes 4 Cross, 4 Floss, 4 Precision & 4 Sensitive Brush Heads, Gum Health 16 Count
- Get 8% off Oral-B Dual Clean – EB417 Brush Heads X 3 –
Oral B 6500 is sometimes referred to as the Oral B Pro 6500 or Oral B Smart 6500.
With this in mind, today’s review we are going to compare the latest Oral B Pro 2 2500 vs Oral B Pro 6500.
To start with, let us first start with the key features that these 2 electric toothbrushes have in common.
Oral B 2500 Vs 6500
- They both employ 3D cleaning movement: rotates, vibrates and pulsates, a technology capable of removing up to 100% tooth plaque compared to the 2D cleaning action found in Oral B Vitality Plus
- A visible pressure sensor located at the rear side o the handle is included in both of them. This feature is for helping you not to over brush your teeth
- 2 minute timer that helps you to brush at the recommended dentist 2 minutes time
- A travel case made up of clear plastic
- A charging station with 2 pin plug
- 2 years warranty that can be extended to three if you remember to register your brush online for free
These two electric toothbrushes despite having common things, they also possess other features that make one stand out of the other and hence justify the price differences. Let us explore these features that differentiate the Oral B Pro 2 2500 from the Oral B Smart 6500.
- Cleaning Modes
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Wireless SmartGuide
- Brush heads
- Battery life
In terms of the cleaning modes, Oral B 6500 has more to offer than the Oral-B Pro 2 2500 model. While the Oral B 6500 comes with 5 modes: daily clean, gum care, sensitive, deep clean and whitening modes, the Oral-B Pro 2 2500, on the other hand, comes with only 2 basic cleaning modes: the daily clean and the gum care. (Read more about Oral B cleaning modes here)
Despite the 6500 model seems to offer more cleaning modes than 2500, it still lacks the tongue cleaning mode found in premium models like the Oral B Genius 9000. Bacteria causing tooth cavities, and gum disease do not stay on teeth only but also on gums and tongues.
Therefore if you are interested in not cleaning only your teeth and gums but also your tongue then Oral B Genius 9000 might be the best option for you.
Here is the Oral B 6500 Vs 9000.
The Bluetooth connectivity is also one of the features that differentiate the Pro 6500 from the 2 2500. In short, while the Oral B 6500 model includes Bluetooth functionality, the 2500, on the other hand, is not Bluetooth enabled.
What the Bluetooth connectivity feature does is that it helps you connect your Smartphone or tablet with a special Oral B app via Bluetooth. In this way, you get real-time guidance and tracks on how you brush your teeth and how often and how to do it well. There is also a calendar that if enabled can track your brushing habit for a long time for you to review later or share with your dentist for further advice or help create a dental plan for you.
The Oral B 6500 SmartGuide is also one of the key features that differentiate it from the pro 2 2500 that lacks it. It is like a standalone clock, powered by 2, AAA batteries that offer visual guidance on how you brush your teeth, where have you brush. Did you brush it hard, time spent on cleaning that area, which next mouth area to brush and how to do it properly. It also shows which cleaning mode you are on using an icon at the top of the display.
You can use it also as a clock when not used as a SmartGuide. When you switch on the brush that is Bluetooth enabled, it triggers this feature to work.
It can be bough as a separate unit for 20 to 25 pounds on Amazon in case you end up buying the electric toothbrush that does not include this feature like the Oral B Pro 2 2500.
The brush heads are what differentiates the naming of most Oral B Electric Toothbrushes in the same range, for instance, Oral B Pro 2 2500 CrossAction rechargeable electric toothbrush or Oral B Pro 2 2500 3D White and so forth.
With this in mind, you get 4 brush heads (CrossAction, 3D White, FlossAction and Sensitive brush head) when you buy the Oral B 6500 today in contrast to one brush heads that come with the Oral B 2000, the CrossAction brush head.
In terms of the battery life, the Oral-B Pro 2 2500 stands out from 6500. This is because 2500 comes with the Lithium ion battery that has been proved to last long compared to the Nickel Hydride battery that comes with the Oral B 6500.
While the 2500 battery last up to two weeks time that of the 6500 that from 5 to 10 days time of brushing 2 minutes time, twice a day.
If you like the Oral B Smart 6500 model so far but want better battery life, better go for Oral B Smart 7000. It has more less the same features as the 6500 but with improved battery life.
In terms of price, as you might expect, the Oral-B Pro 2 2500is cheaper than the Pro 6500. The 6500 price is like 3 times that of the 2500 model due to the increased value in terms of new features that differentiate it from pro 2.
If you want a cheaper electric toothbrush that does the job, Oral-B Pro 2 2500] is the best but if you want to take your teeth cleaning to the next level, the 6500 is better but best if go for the Oral-B Genius 8000 for improved battery life.
Check out the Black Friday Electric Toothbrush Deals UK 2020.