These 2 electric toothbrushes, the Oral B 2000 and 2500 have everything in common except one thing that differentiates them, the travelling case. While the Oral B 2500 comes with a travel case, the 2000 on the other hand does not include one. Also the color of the handle, whereas the 2500 comes in black/white and pink/white, the 2000 comes in pink/white and blue/white.
Notice: The current version of the Oral B 2000 is the Oral B Pro 2 2000 and that of 2500 is the Oral B Pro 2 2500 and that is what we are going to review in this article. The new version has an improved battery life from Nickel Hydride to Lithium Ion that last much longer, up to 2 weeks time.
The Similarities between Oral B 2000 and 2500
- Price: More less the same with the 2000 slightly cheaper than the 2500 model by 2 to 3 pounds.
- Brush head: They both come with one brush head either the CrossAction, 3D white or Sensitive brush head. And the brush head is the one that differentiate the naming one brush from the other. For instance the Oral B 2 2000 CrossAction electric toothbrush or Oral B Pro 2 2500 CrossAction implies each of the two comes with a CrossAction brush head and so forth. (Read more about Oral B brush heads here)
- They both comes with a built-in 2 minute timer with pacer, and pressure sensor
- Each include two cleaning modes :daily clean and gum care (Read more about Oral B cleaning modes here)
- The 2000 and 2500 handles are both waterproof meaning they can be used in shower but avoid submerging them on water.
- They both offer with 2 year warranty that can be extended to three years freely by remembering to register the brush on Oral B website
- Both include a charging station with 2 pin plug that can be connected to most UK 2 pin sockets found in the bathrooms. If you don’t have on, you can buy a 2 to 3 pin adaptor available in Amazon
- Travel Case and
- The color of the handle
As mentioned before, the travel case is the main difference that differentiate the Oral B Pro 2 2500 from the 2000 version. With the Oral B 2500, you get a basic clear plastic carry case that is capable of holding one brush handle and 2 brush heads.
The 2500 carry case is ok; it does the job of keeping the toothbrush safe from un-necessary activation and contact with other things in your luggage. However, the case is not as premium as that one that comes with the latest models like Oral B Smart 6 6000 and Oral B Genius 9000.
Find Detailed: Oral B 2500 Vs 6500
The Color of the Handle
The color of the handles is also one of the key factors that differentiate the Oral B 2000 from 2500. While Oral B Pro 2000 handle is blue or pink at the front contrasted by white color at the back; that of the pro 2 2500 is either pink or black at the front also contrasted by white at the back. Otherwise the handle sizes of both toothbrushes are the same.
In Summary: Which is the Better Buy Oral B Pro 2 2500 or Pro 2 2000?
Considering that both of these toothbrushes have moreless the same features and are within the same price range; it is better go forOral B Pro 2 2500 electric toothbrush for an added value of having a travel case included. This is because in case you choose the 2000 with no carry case and later decide you need a travelling case, you will have to pay £10 to 15 pounds to get case alone.