Philips Sonicare Essence vs Essence Plus is a dilemma you might get when you are on the hunt for a cheap but quality Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes. These two brushes are closely matched. They are both budget affordable power toothbrushes.
So how do you pick one that will provide value for money and most importantly suit your oral care needs? Let’s figure out by first compare their differences and similarities and then exploring in detail the key features of each respective toothbrush. We conclude by offering our expert recommendations and closing thoughts.
Key Difference between Philips Sonicare Essence and Essence Plus
Here are the differences between Philips Sonicare Essence and Sonicare Essence Plus: While the Philips Sonicare Essence removes 2 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush, the Philips Sonicare Essence Plus removes 3 times more plaque.
- Whereas, the Sonicare Essence Plus lasts 10 days between charges while the Sonicare Essence lasts up to 2 weeks
- The Plus is lighter than the Essence.
- The Plus doesn’t have a travel case that the Essence has.
- Plus has 30-second reminder while the Essence has only two minutes timer
- The Essence Plus has battery indicator light while the other one doesn’t have.
- The Sonicare Essence Plus uses the new Snap-On brush head system and is compatible with all Sonicare Snap-On brush heads while the Sonicare Essence uses an old brush head system where the old one has to be fully unscrewed to screw in a new one.
- They both use Sonic technology to remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush and clean between the teeth and along the gum line.
- Both have a 2-minute timer that ensures your total brushing time is the recommended 2 minutes.
- Both have rechargeable batteries
- Both have an Easy-Start feature that eases you into the experience
- Both come with a protective cap for the bristles
Philips Sonicare Essence Review
This toothbrush is also called the Philips Sonicare Essence 5600 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush. It is an offshoot of the old E-series low priced Sonicare toothbrush. It is quite popular because of the brushing technology it uses. It employs the same sonic brushing technology like premium Sonicare toothbrushes and is generally good for basic brushing with no frills and bells.
- With up to 31,000 strokes per minute, this brush uses Philips’ patented sonic technology to clean teeth and remove up to two times more plaque than a regular toothbrush. The sweeping motions ensure that fluids are driven between the teeth and along the gum line for superior cleaning action.
- It has a SmarTimer feature that sets your total brushing time to the dentist-recommended 2 minutes and shuts the toothbrush off after that time has elapsed to prevent harmful over-brushing.
- It has an angled neck to provide a better reach for the bristles. The bristles are smooth and follow the natural contours of your teeth. Their ends are soft and rounded to go deep between the teeth.
- On a full charge, its rechargeable battery can last up to two weeks in between charges.
- The handle has a blue soft-touch grip that prevents slipping while you brush, even with wet hands.
- It comes with a protective cap for the bristles.
- Sonic technology delivers up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute
- Dynamic fluid action cleans deep between the teeth and along the gum line
- Removes up to 2 times more plaque than a regular toothbrush
- Battery lasts up to two weeks on a full charge
- Philips Sonicare Essence 5600 Built-in SmarTimer feature ensures total brushing time is the recommended 2 minutes
- Swapping brushes is not as easy as you would want since it uses an old screw-on system
Philips Sonicare Essence Plus Reviews
The Philips Sonicare Essence Plus has an easy-start mode that eases a first-time user into the experience by slowly increasing the power over the first 14 brushes, until the brush is working at a full 31,000 brush strokes per minute. It can be disabled.
- Removes up to 3 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- Sonic technology and dynamic fluid action thoroughly between the teeth and along the gum line for an exceptional clean.
- Inbuilt timer prevents over brushing by shutting the brush off after you have brushed for the recommended 2 minutes.
- Uses a simple, new snap-on brush head system and is compatible with 6 different Snap-on brush heads from Sonicare
- The rechargeable battery can last up to 10 days on a single charge.
- Bristles will fade in color to remind you that the brush head is due for a replacement
- Easy-Start mode eases a new user into the Sonicare experience
- Patented Sonic technology
- Removes 3X more plaque than a regular toothbrush
- Compatible with all Snap-On Sonicare brush heads
- Bristles fade as a reminder to replace
- Inbuilt 2-minute timer
- Lasts only 10 days in between charges
Which One is Better, Philips Sonicare Essence or Essence Plus?
The Philips Sonicare Essence Plus is the better choice, as it is basically a newer, slightly improved model of the Sonicare Essence. Its new snap on brush head system not only makes swapping brushes easy but also offers a variety of different brush heads to choose from.
- None Found