Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750 vs 9700 vs 9500 vs 9300: Here are a detailed Philips Sonicare 9700, 9750 and 9500 and 9300 Diamondclean Smart Series reviews and comparison.
|No.||Image||Electric Toothbrush||Key Differences (detailed reviews below)|
|1.||Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9750 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Lunar Blue HX9954/56||4 brush heads plus storage unit.|
Comes in lunar blue and rose gold colour options to choose from
-other features same as Philips Sonicare 9700
|2.||Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9700 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Lunar Blue HX9957/51||-8 brush heads but no brush head storage unit.|
-3 cleaning intensities
-travel case case with usb port, 5 cleaning modes, Automatic modes-brush heads pairing.
-Comes in lunar blue colour only.
|3.||Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9500 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Black HX9924/11||4 brush heads, travel case with usb port , 5 modes, 3 cleaning intensities, Automatic mode-brush head pairing, premium usb charging case.|
-Comes in black, white, pink and grey
|4.||Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Black HX9903/11||3 brush heads, no usb port , 3 intensities, 3 brush heads, automatic mode-brush head pairing.|
-Comes in black, white and pink colours to choose from
Philips Sonicare 9500 vs 9700
Philips Sonicare 9700 vs 9500? What differentiates the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9500 from 9700 is the number of the brush head, toothbrush colour variations, cleaning intensity and the price.
While the Philips Sonicare 9500 comes with four brush heads and a USB charging port . The Sonicare 9700 on the other hand comes with eight brush heads ( 3 gum care premium brush heads,3 high quality plaque control brush heads and one tongue cleaning brush head), and a USB compatible charger .
Also while the Sonicare 9500 comes in four distinct colours: (Pink, Black, Grey and Rose-gold/white), the 9700 electric toothbrush comes in just one distinctive colour: Lunar.
Otherwise, both Sonicare 9700 and 9500 features 3 cleaning intensities, 5 cleaning modes, premius usb charging case, and automatic modes-brush heads pairing.
Philips Sonicare Diamondclean 9700 Review
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean 9700 also called, Lunar Blue – HX9957/51 has three intensities (high, mid, low) you can vary the intensity of the brush strokes depending on your needs. The three intensity settings allow you to boost the brushing intensity as and when required.
- It provides personalized coaching and progress data on how well you are cleaning your teeth.
- It has a smart sensor brush head (a microchip fitted in the brush head) that recognizes the brush head you are using and syncs the cleaning mode compatible with that brush head for best results. For instance, if you have the adaptive brush head, it will sync your brush to deep clean. If you have the Intercare brush head, you will be synced with the sensitive mode and so forth.
- The Brush heads automatically align with the best cleaning mode and intensity for optimal results.
- It provides real-time tracking of your brushing.
- It guides you to be more effective and gentle with your brushing
- It has a pressure sensor and a scrubbing sensor that gently reminds you to reduce scrubbing if you are brushing so hard. A ring of light at the bottom of the handle flashes to alert you that you are brushing too hard.
- The app provides a 3D map of the mouth that identifies your trouble areas and reminds you to pay more attention to them.
- The app tracker reminds you when to replace the brush heads
- It has a tongue cleaner that removes odors from your mouth.
- Like all DiamondClean brushes, it has 5 cleaning modes that cover all your brushing needs (clean, whitening, sensitive, deep clean and gum care).
- Removes ten times more plaque than a manual brush
- It provides you up to seven times healthier gums in only two weeks
- It is clinically proven to reduce up to 100% reduced inflammation on gums.
- It removes 100% more stains in a span of three days thanks to densely packed centre bristles.
- The App has a “Touch-up” functionality that takes you back to areas you might not have brushed well to ensure that every brushing session is 100% effective.
- Like the normal DiamondClean, you get a sleek wireless charging glass charger and the deluxe USB travel case that also doubles up as a charger.
- It has Bluetooth 4.0 enabled tablets and is compatible with IOS; Ipad third generation and higher; iPhone 4S or higher and IOS7+(higher). It has slim custom ergonomic handles just like other DiamondClean brushes that have no app functionality.
- Check how it compares with Oral B in our Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart and or Oral B Genius 9600 vs Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700.
What’s in the Box of the Philips Sonicare 9700?
- One DiamondClean Smart Handle
- Three Plaque Control brush heads (Premium)
- Two top quality Gum Care brush heads
- 2 high-end White brush heads
- one tongue cleaner
- One Glass charger and Travel case with USB
- Smart Brush Head Recognition
The manufactures of the DiamondClean, have not only introduced the Sonicare 9700 lunar blue, they have also improved the efficiency and functionally of their high priced toothbrush, the DiamondClean. They have introduced a new brush head called the Adaptive Clean. The Smart series is mainly marketed for adults, in case you want to buy your young ones a decent toothbrush then see our list.
Which is Better, Philips Sonicare 9500 or 9700?
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9700 is an effective and elegant toothbrush which will improve the way you clean your teeth. Your teeth are guaranteed to be a few shades whiter after just two weeks usage. The many settings cater for all types of dental issues you might have. It is also good to use on any corrective dental supports like braces. This brush has scientifically been proven to remove 10 more plaque than a manual brush.
The adaptive brush heads absorb pressure so that you do not harm your gums when brushing too hard.
You should consider the new Philips Sonicare Diamondclean 9500 because it has a tongue cleaner, a pressure sensor to stop you from brushing too hard and automatic syncing of brush heads with respective cleaning modes Although the brush is expensive you receive lifetime healthy teeth and gums. You get bags of value that outweigh the initial cost.
This toothbrush is elegant and impressive both in form and function. It is designed to provide you with the ultimate and complete dental hygiene and care. It has settings to cater for all periodontal needs.
Some of its impressive features include the patented Sonic technology that makes 31000 bristle strokes per minute. Every stroke makes two movements. This implies that you get 62000 brush movements on your teeth per minutes. These movements sweep fluids in between your teeth to break down plaque even in the hard to reach areas.
Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 Vs 9750
There is no much difference between Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 and 9750 apart from the addition of a brush head storage unit, and a number of the brush heads. While Sonicare 9750 comes with 4 brush heads and a brush heads storage unit, the 9700 model comes with 8 brush heads and no storing unit.
Check how the Sonicare 9750 model compares with the latest Oral B model in our Oral B Genius X Luxe 10000 Vs Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750.
Philips Sonicare 9300 vs 9700
There main difference between the Philips Sonicare 9300 and 9700 is in the number of brush heads, colour selection and the price.
The Philips Sonicare 9300 comes with only three brush heads and has a premium travel charger that does not have a USB port when compared to the Philips Sonicare 9700 series comes with eight brush heads ( 3 gum care premium brush heads,3 high quality plaque control brush heads and one tongue cleaning brush head), and a USB compatible charger .
On the bright side, the 9300 comes in three colours (white, black and pink) and is cheaper than the Sonicare 9700 that comes in only one distinctive colour: Lunar.
Otherwise, both Sonicare 9300 and 9700 features 3 cleaning intensities, and automatic mode-brush heads pairing.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart vs Classic
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart vs the original regular Diamond Clean? To know the difference, you’ll have to know the differences between the two based on their prices, features, packages, and varieties offered. To be precise, DiamondClean Smart is quite expensive than the old Diamond Clean but this does not mean that based on price differences, the other one is less effective.
They are both effective but the smart features that come with the DiamondClean Smart packaging edge out the regular DiamondClean. At face value, the look and feel are more or less similar.
The key defining difference is the blue-tooth capability of the Smart Series to connect it to an app that provides live 3D mapping of your brushing as you clean your teeth. It has a microchip fitted on the brush head that automatically pairs it to the appropriate cleaning mode. It also shows you zones you have missed so that you can re-do them to achieve effective maximum brushing.
Here below are the things that distinguish between the two models.
- Cleaning mode: DiamondClean Smart has 3 different intensities cleaning mode that is, low, medium and high mode while it is not offered on the Diamond Clean.
- Brush heads– DiamondClean Smart is packed with 4 brush heads; 1 premium Gum Care, 1premium plaque control, 1 premium white, 1 premium tongue care and lastly a tongue brush. but for Diamond Clean, it only has one adaptive clean head brush
- Travel case– DiamondClean Smart’s travel case has been redesigned slightly to have a fixed USB port and it is finished in leather unlike in the case of Diamond Clean that has no fixed USB cable and doesn’t have leather finishing.
- Automation of the Cleaning mode– On DiamondClean Smart, when each brush head is attached, it automatically changes the cleaning mode however, this feature is not offered on the normal standard Diamond Clean.
- Alert– Diamond Smart will always give an alert when it’s time to change a brush head which is not available for Diamond clean.
- Pressure sensor– Smart now has a sensor to alert the user when too much force is being used while cleaning the teeth but this feature is not offered on the Standard Diamond Clean.
- Technology advancement– with the smart just as its name goes, it has an added technology inside the brush handle that allows connecting to an application that available on Android as well as a mobile device so as to communicate with these devices to offer a variety of features mostly through Bluetooth, for the purpose of real-time cleaning tracking and also logging for cleaning.
- No. of versions/ colors: The Standard regular DiamondClean offers four version; HX9331/32-black, HX9391/92-rose gold, HX9361/62-pink and lastly, HX9351/52-black. Meanwhile, the New DiamondClean Smart Series has five versions of all the three series 9300 vs 9500 vs 9700:
- BLACK – H9924/11;
- GREY – HX9903/11;
- PINK – HX9903/21;
- Lunar Blue – HX9957/51; (only with 9700 Smart Series)
- Rose-Gold – HX9903/01:
- The capability of Motors– they both have powerful motors. Therefore, when it comes to basing old school brushing these two are evenly matched.
Is Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Worth it?
Let us examine its key features to find out.
Electric Toothbrush Functionality
Philips Sonicare is so keen on research that will make their product as effective as can be. This is especially the case with their top flagship Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Sonic Series. Sonicare has been described as testing their products with the rigor of a “mad-scientist”. The sonic 31000 bristle strokes and brush density is a culmination of vigorous testing and calibration.
Every stroke makes two movements, so when you are brushing your teeth, the toothbrush makes 62000 movements per minute. This is the number which scientific findings show to be the most efficient in removing plaque.
Shape and Form of Bristles
The bristles are carefully formed into a diamond shape and crammed quite tightly to increase their density in comparison to the manual brush. The diamond shaped brush head and high-density bristles have the right balance of pressure and depth that gives excellent results when cleaning your teeth. This toothbrush uses easy click-on brush heads that effortlessly snap onto the handle.
Arrangement of Bristles
The arrangement of the bristles is also backed by scientific research. The center bristles are relatively shorter. They are mainly used to dislodge plaque from the top surface of your teeth. The bristles at the front and back of the brush head are longer. They are designed to deal with the plaque on your gumline and in between your teeth. This toothbrush can be used on teeth with braces, crowns, periodontal pockets and veneers.
At the base of the DiamondClean Smart there is a luminous ring that flashes light when you are brushing too hard to alert you whenever you brush too hard. Brushing too hard is not recommended because they erode the gumline.
Like most Philips Sonicare brushes, this cleaner has easy start functionality. This functionality allows you to use a reduced number of vibrations that gradually increase for 14 days until you get used to the Sonicare brushing experience and routine.
This toothbrush is surprisingly quite lightweight light and easy to use. The handle has a good grip and is finished in matte which is easier to maintain and clean than rubber.
Quadpacer, Buzzers, and Timers
This toothbrush like most electric toothbrushes has a quadpacer that buzzes every 30 seconds to give you a signal that you should move to the next section of your teeth. There is also a timer that automatically switches the toothbrush off when you have brushed for the dentist-recommended two minutes. The quadpacer and timer keep you on track for exceptional cleaning experience.
The handles have an angled oblong shape which aids in reaching those hard to reach areas to clean like at the back of molar.
The unique shape of your DiamondClean toothbrush handle combined with your brush heads means that even tricky spots like back teeth get a thorough clean.
As already pointed out this toothbrush comes with three new brush heads.
- The Intercare for sensitive teeth;
- The DiamondClean for regular cleaning ;
- Adaptive for comprehensive deep cleaning.
The new kid on the block is obviously the Adaptive brush head that makes 4 times more contact with the surface of your tooth that any other toothbrush head out there.
Regardless of the brush head you use, you can use all the brushing modes. The DiamondCleam has a chip on its brush heat that intuitively pairs the correct mode with the brush head of Your choice.
Blue Indicator Bristles and Protector Caps
The brush heads have blue indicator bristles that fade out when the bristles wear out. This alerts you that the brush head needs to be replaced.
The bristles have a protective caps to hygienically store the brush heads.
We have already discussed this but will point out key features: The beauty of this toothbrush is that you don’t have to deal with messy wires or cables. Using the power of magnetic induction, a sleek and classy glass charges your brush. You can also use the glass to rinse your mouth. You also get a funky travel charger that has a USB charging port; you can charge it on any of your smart devices.
Feel and Look
- This brush does not have rubber strips but rather has a ceramic feel around it. It has a nice grip. Apart from the on/off button, the brush handle is seamless and quite lightweight.
- The brush head is somewhat elongated and the bristles are relatively soft.
Effectiveness and Customization
While using both brushes will no doubt enhance your teeth brushing regime and give you superior results compared to an average toothbrush. However, when it comes to effectiveness and customization, the DiamondClean Smart is Superior.
Not only does it automatically pair your brush head with the correct brushing mode via a chip that is fitted in the brush head, it also has 3D mouth mapping that tracks how effectively you brush each and every tooth.
Any tooth that does not receive adequate cleaning is flagged up in the app for repeat brushing. How good is that? After you re-do the missed zones, your teeth will have received a perfect clean that will keep you away from the dentist chair.
The new DiamondClean Smart exceptional results come at a cost though. It is relatively more expensive than the regular DiamondClean and is quite popular with celebrities like Beyonce and Oprah Winfrey who on record prefer the DiamondClean Smart.
In summary, you just want a basic top end brush that will do the job without bells and rings, then the regular DiamondClean is the one for you. However, if you want to notch things a bit higher, then the DiamondClean Smart is your baby. It will help you immensely improve your teeth cleaning skills and be much more effective in ensuring all zones in your mouth are adequately cleaned.
Made in China vs Germany
It is not easy to talk about a Sonicare toothbrush without the compulsion to wonder how it compares with a similar Oral B model. All Philips Sonicare toothbrushes are made in China. This does not compromise the quality in any way because they have rigorous quality control measures in place. Compared to Oral B that manufactures their brushes in Germany, Sonicare brushes are just as durable as those of Oral B. It is all down to quality control parameters in place.
Sonicare Support and Warranty
As with most high-end Sonicare models, you get two years warranty that covers you against defects and not wears and tears. The customer’s service is always on hand to help whenever you reach out to them.
Philips Sonicare 9300 vs 9500
The key difference between Philips Sonicare 9300 and 9500 Diamondclean Smart Series is in their key features: number of brush heads, colour options, travel case and price. Whereas the Philips Sonicare 9300 comes with only three brush heads, the 9500 on the other hand comes with four brush heads. And while the Sonicare 9300 comes with a premium travel charger that does not have a USB port; the Philips Sonicare 9500 has a USB charging port.
Another difference in the colour selection whereas the Philips Sonicare 9500 comes in four distinct colors: (Pink, Black, Grey and Rose-gold/white) while the Sonicare 9300 comes in three colors: white, black and pink.
Here is our detailed review of each of the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart discussed above.
Philips Sonicare 9500 Review
In May 2017 the manufacturer of this toothbrush introduced a new DiamondClean Smartphone called the Philips Sonicare 9500 electric toothbrush with Bluetooth and App. It comes in five colors (HX9903/21 PINK; HX9957/51 Amethyst; HX9903/11 GREY; H9924/11 BLACK; HX9903/01: Rose-Gold).
It has a 3D mind mapping app that tracks your teeth cleaning progress and coaches you to become better in the way you clean your teeth. We discuss the new Philips Diamondclean smart with app below in more detail.
This DiamondClean toothbrush is highly priced such that it prompts justification. Why should you buy it and not budget or mid-priced Sonicare toothbrushes like the 2 series plaque control?
Why You Need the 9500?
- The newer Philips Sonicare 9500 removes ten times more plaque than an ordinary toothbrush. You get one month’s worth of brushing that you would have gotten using a manual toothbrush in only 2 minutes with the DiamondClean.
- It comes fitted with a smart chip fitted After rigorous clinical research, the key cause of almost all teeth problems is caused by areas/zones missed when brushing. The smart new diamond clean heads ensure you don’t miss any zone when brushing.
- It is good for your gums especially with the adaptive clean brush head that flexes the contours of your teeth to ensure every inch of surface is cleaned. The bristles gently massage your gums in a crisscross action to remove hidden plaque and improve the health of your gums. You get healthy gums after only two weeks usage. The Diamond Clean and adaptive brush head help reverse the effects of gingivitis in your gums.
- It comes with three brush settings to cater for all your brushing needs: the adaptive brush head for deep cleaning; the DiamondClean for regular cleaning and the Intercare for sensitive teeth and receding gums.
- It has five different cleaning modes (Gum care; The Gum care brushing mode massages your gums to improve blood flow which in turn improves your immune system and protects the gums from infection. Gum massage is a cure for the periodontal infection, Deep Clean, sensitive setting that has fewer vibrations and shorter brush strokes to cater for teeth sensitivity, Clean and White) that give you overall oral care for both your teeth and gums. Your dentist or hygienist will have little work to do.
- In the long run, it will save you the dental cost of regularly seeing a dentist because it is very effective at removing plaque and caring for your gums. This toothbrush is generally gentle with your gums.
- It has a long lasting charger that can last for three weeks which is equivalent to 40 uses. This is unlike Oral B brushes that give you only 7 days use after a full charge.
- It has an impressive modern look and elegant charging glasses that will not only make you feel good using it but will also enhance the look of your bathroom.
- You also get wireless charging. No messing up with wires. It comes with a high spec deluxe traveling case that has a USB charging port. You can charge your brush directly using a USB plug or with your smart devices like phone, laptop/computer etc.
- It whitens your teeth by at least two shades whiter after only two weeks use. There is a specific setting customised for whitening your teeth. For best results, you are advised to brush with the clean setting then fire up the whitening mode and really go for it. A number of studies done by dentists conclude that the DiamondClean whitens teeth in only two weeks. Dentists recommend it.
- It has timers, buzzers, and quadrants which are inbuilt mechanisms that keep you on track. They ensure that you clean your teeth to the dentist recommended two minutes.
- It employs patented Philips Sonicare sonic technology that makes 31000 bristles strokes per minute. These rapid multiple strokes sweep fluids round you teeth through crevices to effectively clean your teeth by removing plaque from hidden places.
- The brush heads are carefully designed in a rigorous mathematical arrangement of a tight density of bristles. This tighter density of bristles is clinically proven to thoroughly clean your teeth and dislodge plaque wherever it is hidden in your gums and teeth. The brush is rigorously tested by real human beings and their opinions are factored into the product.
As from June 2016, Sonicare diamond clean brushes now come packed with three brush heads. Previously a new pack of this brush only had two brush heads, the DiamondClean and clean.
The Philips Sonicare Diamondclean 9500 comes loaded with four brushing heads: Adaptive (which flexes the contours of your teeth to ensure every inch of surface is cleaned).DiamondClean- designed to properly clean your teeth and give them a shiny sheen and the Intercare (which is designed for sensitive teeth). We shall get into these brush heads in more detail below.
Other 9500 Toothbrush Features Of Note Are:
- They introduced a new setting called deep clean and did away with the polish setting in favor of the deep clean mode. The deep clean works for a comprehensive three minutes while paying extra attention to your trouble spots. This gives those difficult to reach areas in your mouth a thorough deep clean.
- The polish setting in older versions of this brush was meant to polish your teeth and give them a shiny sheen. The new deep clean setting, thanks to the adaptive brush head removes 10 times more plaque compared to the former diamond clean brush head that only removes 7 times more plaque.
9500 and The Sonicare Brushing Technology
Philips Sonicare toothbrush range uses the sonic technology in their toothbrushes. This involves rapid movements of the bristles. The sonic strokes sweep fluids between your teeth to break down any hidden food residue. Intensive research involving a lot of mathematical calculations indicate that 31000 bristles strokes provide the best result in removing plaque without damaging your teeth or gums. Two minutes brushing ramps up these strokes to 62000 which is equivalent to two months brushing with a manual toothbrush
What’s In the Sonicare 9500 Box?
- Three snap on brushing heads (DiamondClean, Adaptive and Intercare)
- Diamond Clean Sonicare slim ergonomic handle
- Deluxe travelling case charger
- Hygienic brush head covers
- glass stand charger
- Aluminium Induction charging base
- Charger Travel Case
- USB compatible wall adapter
- USB Cable
- Instruction Manual
- 2 Years Manufacturer’s guarantee
Different Types/ Colours of Philips Sonicare 9500
The Diamond Clean previously came in three colors Pink, Black and White. However, on 22nd July 2015, the premium DiamondClean added a fashion inspired colored DiamondClean to their high-end toothbrush called Amethyst.
Sonicare did not stop there; in June 2016 a more picturesque new DiamondClean called Rose Gold was added to the range.
In May 2017 a new DiamondClean compatible with Bluetooth that uses an app to track your toothbrush experience has just hit the market by storm. This model mimics the latest Oral B 8000 Genius.
You can actually tell that this DiamondClean Smart Series Sonic 9500 with Bluetooth connectivity model is being introduced to the market to directly compete with Oral B Genius in the electric toothbrush with App market.
The Philips Sonicare 9500 comes in four distinct colors:
- BLACK – H9924/11;
- GREY – HX9903/11;
- PINK – HX9903/21;
- Rose-Gold – HX9903/01:
Philips Sonicare 9300 Review
The new just released Philips Sonicare 9300 DiamondClean series has a 3D mouth map that helps you track your brushing experience. It has a smart brush head that automatically syncs the brush head to the best cleaning mode for optimum performance.
- The DiamondClean range with adaptive brush head removes ten times more plaque than ordinary manual brushes. You are assured of a brilliant clean for life when you use this brush.
- It whitens your teeth after only two weeks of continuous use
- It improves the health of your gums
- It has an ergonomic handle that makes it comfortable to use.
- Elegant design and a sleek finish.
- Deluxe USB travel case charger
- It doesn’t have a UV sanitizer even at the premium price it is currently going for.
- It is expensive compared to similar Oral B models and most top toothbrushes.
This Philips Sonicare 9300 is one of the most comfortable electric brushes in the industry. It is quite lightweight and packs a lot of features that will whiten your teeth and improve the health of your gums in just two weeks. Although it is highly-priced, it has a reliable two years warranty and will give you access to high-end tooth cleaning experience. For the price, it is definitely good value for money. The quality features will give you that feeling of stepping out of the dentist chair every time you brush your teeth with it.
- Top Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Deals & Coupons 2019
- Philips Sonicare Diamondclean 9700 vs Protectiveclean 6100
- Oral B 7000 Vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9500
- 0ral B Genius 8000 vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300
- Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700/9500/9300