Let us compare Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 vs 9500 vs 9300 reviews, key features, similarities and differences: All these Sonicare Diamondclean series have more or less the same core features.
Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 vs 9500
What differentiates the Philips Sonicare 9700 from 9500 is the number of the brush head, toothbrush colour variations, cleaning intensity and the price. While the Philips Sonicare 9500 comes with five brush heads and a USB charging port .
The Sonicare 9700 on the other hand comes with seven brush heads ( 3 gum care premium brush heads,3 high quality plaque control brush heads and one tongue cleaning brush head), and a USB compatible charger .
Also while the Sonicare 9500 comes in four distinct colours: (Pink, Black, Grey and Rose-gold/white), the 9700 electric toothbrush comes in just one distinctive colour: Lunar.
Another difference between these two electric toothbrushes is in their cleaning intensity in which the Philips Sonicare 9700 has three cleaning intensities (high, medium and low) while the 9500 does not have. And this is reflected in the price whereby the Sonicare 9700 is more expensive compared to the 9500 model.
Philips Sonicare 9700 vs 9300
There main difference between the Philips Sonicare 9700 and 9300 is in the cleaning intensity, number of brush heads, colour selection and the price.
While the Sonicare 9700 has three cleaning intensities: high, medium and low, the 9300 does not have.
Also The Sonicare 9300 comes with only three brush heads and has a premium travel charger that does not have a USB port when compared to the Sonicare 9700 series comes with seven brush heads ( 3 gum care premium brush heads,3 high quality plaque control brush heads and one tongue cleaning brush head), and a USB compatible charger .
On the bright side, the 9300 comes in three colours (white, black and pink) and is cheaper than the Sonicare 9700 that comes in only one distinctive colour: Lunar.
Philips Sonicare 9300 vs 9500 vs 9700 Key Differences
The only thing that differentiates Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300 , 9500 and 9700 is the number of brush heads that are packaged with each of these DiamondClean electric toothbrushes: the premium traveling charger and the number of colors each respective series come in.
- The Sonicare 9300 comes with only three brush heads and has a premium travel charger that does not have a USB port. It also comes in three colors: white, black and pink.
- The Philips Sonicare 9500 comes with five brush heads and has a USB charging port. It comes in four distinct colors: (Pink, Black, Grey and Rose-gold/white) . Meanwhile
- The Sonicare 9700 series comes with seven brush heads ( 3 gum care premium brush heads,3 high quality plaque control brush heads and one tongue cleaning brush head), and a USB compatible charger. It comes in one distinctive color: Lunar .
- Finally, the 9700 has three cleaning intensities (high, medium and low) that the 9500 and 9300 do not have.
Philips Sonicare 9700 vs 9500 vs 9300 Similarities
Both have five cleaning modes and a deluxe travelling case that also functions as a USB charger. They both have a stylish charging glass and you can use the touch up feature to increase the brushing time if you needed a thorough clean. Of course they both run on the same patented sonicare’s brushing technology and have adaptive brush heads that flex the contours of your teeth for effective cleaning.
Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart Reviews
Here is our detailed Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Review. And at the end find also how the new Sonicare DiamondClean Smart Series differ from the old Diamondclean versions.
1. Philips Sonicare 9300 Diamondclean Smart Reviews
The new just released Philips Sonicare DiamondClean 9300 series has a 3D mouth map that helps you track your brushing experience. It has a smart brush head that automatically syncs the brush head to the best cleaning mode for optimum performance.
- The DiamondClean range with adaptive brush head removes ten times more plaque than ordinary manual brushes. You are assured of a brilliant clean for life when you use this brush.
- It whitens your teeth after only two weeks of continuous use
- It improves the health of your gums
- It has an ergonomic handle that makes it comfortable to use.
- Elegant design and a sleek finish.
- Deluxe USB travel case charger
- It doesn’t have a UV sanitizer even at the premium price it is currently going for.
- It is expensive compared to similar Oral B models and most top toothbrushes.
This Philips Sonicare Smart 9300 toothbrush is one of the most comfortable electric brushes in the industry. It is quite lightweight and packs a lot of features that will whiten your teeth and improve the health of your gums in just two weeks. Although it is highly priced, it has a reliable two years warranty and will give you access to high-end tooth cleaning experience. For the price, it is definitely good value for money. The quality features will give you that feeling of stepping out of the dentist chair every time you brush your teeth with it.
2. Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9500 Review
In May 2017 the manufacturer of this toothbrush introduced a new DiamondClean Smartphone called the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean 9500 electric toothbrush with Bluetooth and App. It comes in five colors (HX9903/21 PINK; HX9957/51 Amethyst; HX9903/11 GREY; H9924/11 BLACK; HX9903/01: Rose-Gold).
It has a 3D mind mapping app that tracks your teeth cleaning progress and coaches you to become better in the way you clean your teeth. We discuss the new Philips Diamondclean smart with app below in more detail.
This DiamondClean toothbrush is highly priced such that it prompts justification. Why should you buy it and not budget or mid-priced Sonicare toothbrushes like the 2 series plaque control?
Why You Need the 9500?
- The newer Philips Sonicare 9500 removes ten times more plaque than an ordinary toothbrush. You get one month’s worth of brushing that you would have gotten using a manual toothbrush in only 2 minutes with the DiamondClean.
- It comes fitted with a smart chip fitted After rigorous clinical research, the key cause of almost all teeth problems is caused by areas/zones missed when brushing. The smart new diamond clean heads ensure you don’t miss any zone when brushing.
- It is good for your gums especially with the adaptive clean brush head that flexes the contours of your teeth to ensure every inch of surface is cleaned. The bristles gently massage your gums in a crisscross action to remove hidden plaque and improve the health of your gums. You get healthy gums after only two weeks usage. The Diamond Clean and adaptive brush head help reverse the effects of gingivitis in your gums.
- It comes with three brush settings to cater for all your brushing needs: the adaptive brush head for deep cleaning; the DiamondClean for regular cleaning and the Intercare for sensitive teeth and receding gums.
- It has five different cleaning modes (Gum care; The Gum care brushing mode massages your gums to improve blood flow which in turn improves your immune system and protects the gums from infection. Gum massage is a cure for the periodontal infection, Deep Clean, sensitive setting that has fewer vibrations and shorter brush strokes to cater for teeth sensitivity, Clean and White) that give you overall oral care for both your teeth and gums. Your dentist or hygienist will have little work to do.
- In the long run, it will save you the dental cost of regularly seeing a dentist because it is very effective at removing plaque and caring for your gums. This toothbrush is generally gentle with your gums.
- It has a long lasting charger that can last for three weeks which is equivalent to 40 uses. This is unlike Oral B brushes that give you only 7 days use after a full charge.
- It has an impressive modern look and elegant charging glasses that will not only make you feel good using it but will also enhance the look of your bathroom.
- You also get wireless charging. No messing up with wires. It comes with a high spec deluxe traveling case that has a USB charging port. You can charge your brush directly using a USB plug or with your smart devices like phone, laptop/computer etc.
- It whitens your teeth by at least two shades whiter after only two weeks use. There is a specific setting customised for whitening your teeth. For best results, you are advised to brush with the clean setting then fire up the whitening mode and really go for it. A number of studies done by dentists conclude that the DiamondClean whitens teeth in only two weeks. Dentists recommend it.
- It has timers, buzzers, and quadrants which are inbuilt mechanisms that keep you on track. They ensure that you clean your teeth to the dentist recommended two minutes.
- It employs patented Philips Sonicare sonic technology that makes 31000 bristles strokes per minute. These rapid multiple strokes sweep fluids round you teeth through crevices to effectively clean your teeth by removing plaque from hidden places.
- The brush heads are carefully designed in a rigorous mathematical arrangement of a tight density of bristles. This tighter density of bristles is clinically proven to thoroughly clean your teeth and dislodge plaque wherever it is hidden in your gums and teeth. The brush is rigorously tested by real human beings and their opinions are factored into the product.
As from June 2016, Sonicare diamond clean brushes now come packed with three brush heads. Previously a new pack of this brush only had two brush heads, the DiamondClean and clean.
The 9500 comes loaded with three brushing heads: Adaptive (which flexes the contours of your teeth to ensure every inch of surface is cleaned).DiamondClean- designed to properly clean your teeth and give them a shiny sheen and the Intercare (which is designed for sensitive teeth). We shall get into these brush heads in more detail below.
Other 9500 Toothbrush Features Of Note Are:
- They introduced a new setting called deep clean and did away with the polish setting in favor of the deep clean mode. The deep clean works for a comprehensive three minutes while paying extra attention to your trouble spots. This gives those difficult to reach areas in your mouth a thorough deep clean.
- The polish setting in older versions of this brush was meant to polish your teeth and give them a shiny sheen. The new deep clean setting, thanks to the adaptive brush head removes 10 times more plaque compared to the former diamond clean brush head that only removes 7 times more plaque.
9500 and The Sonicare Brushing Technology
Philips Sonicare toothbrush range uses the sonic technology in their toothbrushes. This involves rapid movements of the bristles. The sonic strokes sweep fluids between your teeth to break down any hidden food residue. Intensive research involving a lot of mathematical calculations indicate that 31000 bristles strokes provide the best result in removing plaque without damaging your teeth or gums. Two minutes brushing ramps up these strokes to 62000 which is equivalent to two months brushing with a manual toothbrush
What’s In the Sonicare 9500 Box?
- Three snap on brushing heads (DiamondClean, Adaptive and Intercare)
- Diamond Clean Sonicare slim ergonomic handle
- Deluxe travelling case charger
- Hygienic brush head covers
- glass stand charger
- Aluminium Induction charging base
- Charger Travel Case
- USB compatible wall adapter
- USB Cable
- Instruction Manual
- 2 Years Manufacturer’s guarantee
Different Types/ Colours of Philips Sonicare 9500
The Diamond Clean previously came in three colors Pink, Black and White. However, on 22nd July 2015, the premium DiamondClean added a fashion inspired colored DiamondClean to their high-end toothbrush called Amethyst.
Sonicare did not stop there; in June 2016 a more picturesque new DiamondClean called Rose Gold was added to the range.
In May 2017 a new DiamondClean compatible with Bluetooth that uses an app to track your toothbrush experience has just hit the market by storm. This model mimics the latest Oral B 8000 Genius.
You can actually tell that this DiamondClean Smart Series Sonic 9500 with Bluetooth connectivity model is being introduced to the market to directly compete with Oral B Genius in the electric toothbrush with App market.
The Sonicare 9500 electric toothbrush comes in four distinct colors:
- BLACK – H9924/11;
- GREY – HX9903/11;
- PINK – HX9903/21;
- Rose-Gold – HX9903/01:
3. Philips Sonicare Diamondclean 9700 Review
The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean 9700 also called, Lunar Blue – HX9957/51 has three intensities (high, mid, low) you can vary the intensity of the brush strokes depending on your needs. The three intensity settings allow you to boost the brushing intensity as and when required.
- It provides personalized coaching and progress data on how well you are cleaning your teeth.
- It has a smart sensor brush head (a microchip fitted in the brush head) that recognizes the brush head you are using and syncs the cleaning mode compatible with that brush head for best results. For instance, if you have the adaptive brush head, it will sync your brush to deep clean. If you have the Intercare brush head, you will be synced with the sensitive mode and so forth.
- The Brush heads automatically align with the best cleaning mode and intensity for optimal results.
- It provides real-time tracking of your brushing.
- It guides you to be more effective and gentle with your brushing
- It has a pressure sensor and a scrubbing sensor that gently reminds you to reduce scrubbing if you are brushing so hard. A ring of light at the bottom of the handle flashes to alert you that you are brushing too hard.
- The app provides a 3D map of the mouth that identifies your trouble areas and reminds you to pay more attention to them.
- The app tracker reminds you when to replace the brush heads
- It has a tongue cleaner that removes odors from your mouth.
- Like all DiamondClean brushes, it has 5 cleaning modes that cover all your brushing needs (clean, whitening, sensitive, deep clean and gum care).
- Removes ten times more plaque than a manual brush
- It provides you up to seven times healthier gums in only two weeks
- It is clinically proven to reduce up to 100% reduced inflammation on gums.
- It removes 100% more stains in a span of three days thanks to densely packed centre bristles.
- The App has a “Touch-up” functionality that takes you back to areas you might not have brushed well to ensure that every brushing session is 100% effective.
- Like the normal DiamondClean, you get a sleek wireless charging glass charger and the deluxe USB travel case that also doubles up as a charger.
- It has Bluetooth 4.0 enabled tablets and is compatible with IOS; Ipad third generation and higher; iPhone 4S or higher and IOS7+(higher). It has slim custom ergonomic handles just like other DiamondClean brushes that have no app functionality.
What’s in the Box of the Philips Sonicare 9700
- One DiamondClean Smart Handle
- Three Plaque Control brush heads (Premium)
- Two top quality Gum Care brush heads
- 2 high-end White brush heads
- one tongue cleaner
- One Glass charger and Travel case with USB
- Smart Brush Head Recognition
The manufactures of the DiamondClean, have not only introduced the Sonicare 9700 lunar blue, they have also improved the efficiency and functionally of their high priced toothbrush, the DiamondClean. They have introduced a new brush head called the Adaptive Clean. The Smart series is mainly marketed for adults, in case you want to buy your young ones a decent toothbrush then see our list.
Other Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Reviews
4. Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Rose Gold HX9392/05 Review
As already mentioned, Sonicare introduced a new addition to their premium DiamondClean range called Rose-Gold. The DiamondClean Rose-gold has already been crowned the most “Instgrammable” toothbrush (One with picturesque features) by fashion magazines.
- The Rose-gold is quite sleek and has style written all over it. It comes in rose-gold colour and has a gold ring on the neck of the toothbrush. The matte finish completes its classy look.
- It has silicon bristles that are gentle to the gum. The bristles are medium type- perfectly matched for effective deep cleaning that is harmless to the gums.
- The rose gold Sonicare DiamondClean comes fitted with the Adaptive brush head that flexes and adjusts to the shape of your head. It also absorbs excessive pressure to protect your gums from hard brushing thanks to the adaptive brush head.
- It comes with the usual DiamondClean package: 3 brush heads (Adaptive head, Intercare and standard DiamondClean).
- Like all other DiamondClean brushes, it has five cleaning modes (Clean –for outstanding day to day cleaning; sensitive- gentle brushing for sensitive teeth; white-removes stains from the surface of your teeth; gum care – massages your gums to improve immunity and Deep Clean for revitalizing total cleaning that removes plaque from all hidden areas).
- It employs Philips Sonicare best technology in whitening teeth and deep cleaning. Your teeth will be whitened two shades lighter after only two weeks continuous usage.
- It makes 62000 movements per minute (one stroke involves two back and forth movements, so basically 31000 strokes per minute is equivalent to 62000movements per minute).
- It removes 10 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- To be honest all the five types/colours of DiamondClean have similar features and will provide you excellent results in keeping your teeth clean.
- It performs just as like other DiamondClean to remove 10 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
5. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Amethyst HX9372/10 Review
Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Amethyst Rechargeable Toothbrush w/Deep Clean Mode with Adaptive Clean Brush Head, Amethyst
The Amethyst is inspired by fashion designs and runway colors. It has a metallic sheen and bold colors like those found in runways. The deep purple and galactic metallic ring stand out in style and elegance.
The DiamondClean Amethyst not only gives customers style and class but also offers superior tooth cleaning experience. Key features include:
• Like all other DiamondClean, the Amethyst improves gum health in only two weeks and your teeth will get at least two times whiter in two weeks.
• You also get comprehensive deep clean off the deep clean mode and the adaptive brush head that matches the shape of your teeth and absorbs pressure while you brush.
• The Amethyst employs Philips Sonicare patented brushing technology that makes 31000 bristles strokes per minute that sweep fluids in between your teeth to remove more plaque than an ordinary manual toothbrush.
• It has a matte sleek finish and a nice grip.
• 5 brushing modes (Clean, Sensitive, Gum- care, Whitening, deep clean)
• Three weeks battery life on a single full charge
• A handy travel charger and an elegant charging glass that can also be used as a rinsing glass.
• 3 brush head (Intercare- for sensitive teeth, DiamondClean for day to cleaning and Adaptive for invigorating deep cleaning that removes 10 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush).
It delivers clinically proven results.
It does not have an option to pre-set the cleaning mode you want to use. You only change the cleaning mode when you have turned it on and placed the brush in your mouth. You have to mentally count the number of times you press the ‘on’ button or position the brush so that you can see the highlighted mode on the mirror. The new DiamondClean Smart sonic solves this problem because it automatically syncs the brush head with the most suitable cleaning mode for optimum performance.
• The green light that indicates the level of charging is quite faint that you might not see it clearly when in bright areas.
• Some customers thought the instructions are not very clear.
6. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9352/04 Review
As the name suggests, the DiamondClean Black HX9352 comes in Jet Black colour.
The DiamondClean black is popular with men, including celebrity figures. It is one of the original DiamondClean colour; the DiamondClean with adaptive brush head removes up to 10x more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Here are some of its key highlights.
- It improves gum health in only two weeks
- Whitens teeth in just one week
- Like all other DiamondClean brushes the Black Sonicare has five cleaning modes (Gum care, sensitive, clean, whitening and sensitive).
- It whitens your teeth a few shades white in only two weeks.
- Thanks to the gum care cleaning mode the Black HX9352/04 can reverse the onset of gingivitis.
- It has a matte finish and looks quite stylish and elegant.
- It has an angled brush head and nylon bristles that are gentle to the gums. The adaptive brush head absorbs pressure and protects you from hard brushing. It also makes contact with almost every inch of surface on your teeth to remove ten times more plaque. The Philips Sonicare diamondclean black is one of the top rated electric toothbrushes out there. It has received an average customer star rating of 90% out of over 1400 Amazon customer reviews. That testifies to solid customer satisfaction. Philips Sonicare released a new DiamondClean in May 2017 called DiamondClean Smart Sonic 9500/9700/9900 series with Bluetooth connectivity and App.
This new DiamondClean was introduced in the market to compete with the latest Oral B Genius 8000in classical competition for the best toothbrush. This Diamondclean rechargeable toothbrush black features 5 cleaning modes: the daily cleaning, the whitening, the polish, the gum care and sensitive modes (read to the end to find out what each mode is designed for). It comes with the USB charging travel case, a charging glass and a travel case. However, the DiamondClean doesn’t consist of UV Sanitizer. The people at Sonicare certainly know what they are doing. The black edition is ranked #13 among the top brushes in the Amazon bestseller positions.
- The Philips Sonicare Diamondclean black edition toothbrush is equipped with a patented sonic technology that helps you to stimulate your gums. This powerful sonic technology works by cleaning your teeth with up to 31000 brush strokes in one minute. Enough strokes as recommended by dentists for a complete clean out of your teeth and gums.
- It has a rechargeable battery that can last up to 3 weeks or 42 uses on a single charge.
- Has a quadpacer that beeps every 30 seconds to allow you properly clean all the four quadrants of the mouth.
- A smart timer that simplifies your brushing experience by encouraging you to brush your teeth for two minutes, a duration that has been recommended by dentists. With this, it is easy to care for your teeth by using its two timers that keep you on track as you brush your teeth.
- It has a USB charging travel case and a unique charging glass that features a conducting technology which enables it to charge the brush while resting in the glass.
- It comes with an amber indicator that shows the toothbrush needs to be recharged.
Sonic electric rechargeable toothbrush black Features 5 Cleaning Modes:
- It features a sensitive cleaning mode that allows you to clean your gums and teeth gently
- It features a gum care cleaning mode that comes with an additional minute to allow you to stimulate and massage your gums gently.-
- It has a polish cleaning mode that cleans and brightens your teeth with a luminous smile.
- It has a clean mode that provides you with a 2-minute standard cleaning mode making your teeth exceptionally clean.
- The black edition has a white cleaning mode that gives you two minutes of whitening mode allowing you to remove stains on the surface and an extra 30 seconds to brighten and polish your front teeth.
- Its sweeping motion drives fluids deep into the tight spaces along the gum line and the teeth.
This Diamondclean black hx9352 rechargeable toothbrush when packaged, it comes with:-
- One USB wall plug
- One sonic handle
- Two brush heads
- A charging glass-charger base
- A USB charging travel case.
Cons: In spite of all its cutting edge technology, a few things that the buyer needs to check out are: The motor: Some customers have hinted that the motor gets weaker and weaker over time to a point it does not generate enough power to make the brush work to full potential. The customers’ note that happens after the first 8 months of continuous use. Before you get your hands round to it, it may seem as hard to use. However once you are used to it, then it becomes really easy to use.
Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Black Overall Verdict:
I do recommend you to get one of the Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Black. Drawing from our careful analysis of customer feedback and reviews, most customers have expressed their satisfaction after they used the HX9352/04 and even recommended the toothbrush to their friends. Many claimed to witness a positive change in their dental health and brushing experience. On account of all the qualities packaged in this Sonicare powerup battery toothbrush, you should buy the HX9352/04 with confidence.
7. Philips Sonicare HX9332/10 DiamondClean Review
The Philips Sonicare Diamondclean white hx9332 05 is one of the top rated electric toothbrush in the market today.
The Philips DiamondClean White is the original colour of the top ranging toothbrushes by Philips Sonicare. It has a stylish matte finish and removes ten times more plaque than an ordinary toothbrush because of the new Adaptive toothbrush. The Adaptive toothbrush reaches almost every surface of your teeth.
The HX9332/05 toothbrush uses cutting edge technology to ensure that every quadrant of your mouth is given a thorough clean. This ensures overall dental hygiene that will not only keep your gums and teeth healthy but will also improve your confidence due to the increased whitening of your teeth. In addition, this toothbrush has received an average customer star rating of 90% out of over 1400 customer reviews. It has also been ranked #13 among the top 100 rechargeable power toothbrushes in the Amazon bestseller positions. Some of the individuals who have bought the HX9332/05 have given negative comments and complained that:-Replacing the head could up costs down the line. However, Electronic toothbrushes have always challenged the regular ones. Even expert dentists have studied both types of toothbrush and come up with an explanation which pretty much infers that an electric toothbrush is far superior to the normal toothbrush and here the advantages of the this Philips Diamondclean White. Some of the key characteristics and advantages of the Diamondclean, which makes it stands out from others include:-
- It has five cleaning modes that offer you with a custom mouth cleaning experience. They include the white, clean, gum care, sensitive and polish mode.
- It features pre-set timers to assist you to follow the dentally recommended time for brushing, and it also ensures a thorough brush throughout your mouth.-
- It features a powerful sonic technology that cleans your teeth with up to 31000 brush-strokes in one minute, this results in a healthier and cleaner mouth.-
- It features a quad pacer that ensures that you clean your mouth properly by using 2 timers that keep you on track.
- The Philips Sonicare Diamondclean white hx9332 05 smart timer usually encourages you to brush for a whole 2 minutes, the duration that has been recommended by dental professionals. Its 30-second timer is great for brushing as it makes sure that one cleans each section of the mouth as needed.
Five Brushing modes (Clean for outstanding daily cleaning, Sensitive for tender teeth and cleaning your gums, White for removing surface stains and polishing the front teeth to brighten them, Gum Care to massage and stimulate your gums to improve blood flow and increase its immunity and deep clean to vigorously clean deep into your teeth to remove 10 times more plaque).
- Whitens your teeth after only two weeks use
- Improves gum health in two weeks use
- Comprehensive cleaning experience that has been clinically verified.
- 3 brush heads (Intercare for sensitive teeth, DiamondClean for every day teeth cleaning and AdaptiveClean- for revitalizing deep clean).
- A nifty charging glass with a deluxe travelling case.
Like all DiamondClean brushes, this brush provides exceptional teeth cleaning experience. You can read a more detailed analysis of the old DiamondClean White here.
DiamondClean brushes are ‘water proof’ however; there is a small opening on the ‘on’ button through which water can seep into your toothbrush. Though the water leaked in will not immediately damage your brush, but it has been known to reduce the shelf life of the toothbrush.
All in all whichever colour you choose, you will get exceptional teeth cleaning results. Your teeth will be whiter and the health of your gums will be improved. The few negative things are negligible compared to the effectiveness of the DiamondClean range. This toothbrush offers you lifetime clean and healthier teeth. This alone can justify the high price point of the DiamondClean.
8. Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Pink Edition Review
If you are looking for the best rated electric toothbrush, that is elegant in terms of its design and color, then you probably have heard of the Philips Sonicare diamondclean pink, promises to whiten your teeth in a week , your gums will be healthy in two weeks, and the brush removes 100% more plaque than most manual ones in the hard to reach areas. There is a new DiamondClean brush that has and adaptive brush head and a smart app. It coaches you to improve your teeth cleaning skills.
The DiamondClean lacks UV Sanitizer as compared to the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum.
We have analyzed over 1400 reviews from customers who used the HX9362/68 and come up with a detailed review we hope you will find helpful.
The Pink toothbrush makes the job of taking care of your oral health an easy task. Here is why:
- It is rechargeable and offers the best whitening system and plaque removal.
The brush heads come with angular-shaped bristles that allow you to gently brush plaque away.
- The HX9362/68 DiamondClean toothbrush has a smart timer which encourages you to brush your teeth for a full 2 minutes. This is the time recommended by the dentists for optimum hygiene of your teeth.
- It includes a USB charging travel case and a sleek charging glass.
- This product offers you a gum care cleaning mode which is a cleaning mode that comes with an additional minute to stimulate and massage your gums gently.
Some of the features of this Philips Sonicare Diamondclean sonic electric toothbrush pink hx936268 include:
- It features a quadpacer, a special timing feature that beeps every 30 seconds to ensure that you thoroughly brush all the 4 quadrants of your mouth. You see we all have a dental structure that is divided into four sections called quadrants. The quadpacer works intuitively to clean each section of your dental structure ensuring a complete and thorough clean.
- This Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush uses its two timers that allow you to stay on track thus making the job of caring for your teeth an easy task.
- The diamond clean features a clean, cleaning mode that allows you to clean your in the way recommended by dentists, making you teeth cleaning process exceptional.
- The hx9361 62 diamondclean rechargeable sonic toothbrush pink offers you a white cleaning mode that gives you 2 minutes to remove the surface stains and an extra 30 seconds to polish and brighten your teeth.
- Features a polish mode that polishes and brightens your teeth allowing you a wonderful luminous smile.
- It also offers you a sensitive cleaning mode that gently cleans your gum and teeth.
Some of the advantages of using the diamondclean toothbrush pink include:
- It is very convenient to carry the pink edition around especially when traveling.
- Assembling and using it is very easy to use.
- The HX9362/68 is a good tool to act as a preventative medicine for your oral health.
- It is very affordable.
- It does a good job in removing plaque from the teeth.
A few customers have complained that the bristles of the HX9362/68 are bit expensive to replace.
Would I recommend you to buy the Philips Sonicare diamondclean sonic electric toothbrush pink hx936268? Yes. Here is why:
The Pink toothbrush is specially made to optimise your cleaning regime.
It has a cleaning mode that massages your teeth and gums to improve your general dental hygiene and health.
It not only ensures that you clean your teeth adequately by using the smart timer, but also gives you detailed cleaning using the quadpacer. The quadpacer ensures that all sections of your teeth are properly cleaned as recommended by dentists.
This rechargeable brush is reliable, effective and efficient as indicated by over 90% customer satisfaction of over 1400 customer reviews we examined.
A high percentage of the reviewers who have used the Philips Sonicare HX9362/68 DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Pink has given it a thumbs up.
Many of them say that they have witnessed a great positive change to their dental health since buying it. Others say they have saved a lot since they started using it. This product is ranked #6 among the top rechargeable toothbrushes in the Amazon bestseller ranks.
DiamondClean Smart vs the original regular Diamond Clean?
Both Diamond clean and DiamondClean Smart are brands of Philip Sonicare. Which one is better than the other?
To know the difference, you’ll have to know the differences between the two based on their prices, features, packages, and varieties offered. To be precise, DiamondClean Smart is quite expensive than Diamond Clean but this does not mean that based on price differences, the other one is less effective.
They are both effective but the smart features that come with the DiamondClean Smart packaging edge out the regular DiamondClean. At face value, the look and feel are more or less similar.
The key defining difference is the blue-tooth capability of the Smart Series to connect it to an app that provides live 3D mapping of your brushing as you clean your teeth. It has a microchip fitted on the brush head that automatically pairs it to the appropriate cleaning mode. It also shows you zones you have missed so that you can re-do them to achieve effective maximum brushing.
Here below are the things that distinguish between the two models.
- Cleaning mode: DiamondClean Smart has 3 different intensities cleaning mode that is, low, medium and high mode while it is not offered on the Diamond Clean.
- Brush heads– DiamondClean Smart is packed with 4 brush heads; 1 premium Gum Care, 1premium plaque control, 1 premium white, 1 premium tongue care and lastly a tongue brush. but for Diamond Clean, it only has one adaptive clean head brush
- Travel case– DiamondClean Smart’s travel case has been redesigned slightly to have a fixed USB port and it is finished in leather unlike in the case of Diamond Clean that has no fixed USB cable and doesn’t have leather finishing.
- Automation of the Cleaning mode– On DiamondClean Smart, when each brush head is attached, it automatically changes the cleaning mode however, this feature is not offered on the normal standard Diamond Clean.
- Alert– Diamond Smart will always give an alert when it’s time to change a brush head which is not available for Diamond clean.
- Pressure sensor– Smart now has a sensor to alert the user when too much force is being used while cleaning the teeth but this feature is not offered on the Standard Diamond Clean.
- Technology advancement– with the smart just as its name goes, it has an added technology inside the brush handle that allows connecting to an application that available on Android as well as a mobile device so as to communicate with these devices to offer a variety of features mostly through Bluetooth, for the purpose of real-time cleaning tracking and also logging for cleaning.
- No. of versions/ colors: The Standard regular DiamondClean offers four version; HX9331/32-black, HX9391/92-rose gold, HX9361/62-pink and lastly, HX9351/52-black. Meanwhile, the New DiamondClean Smart Series has five versions of all the three series 9300 vs 9500 vs 9700:
- BLACK – H9924/11;
- GREY – HX9903/11;
- PINK – HX9903/21;
- Lunar Blue – HX9957/51; (only with 9700 Smart Series)
- Rose-Gold – HX9903/01:
The capability of Motors- they both have powerful motors. Therefore, when it comes to basing old school brushing these two are evenly matched.
What Makes DiamondClean Smart a Premium Toothbrush?
Electric Toothbrush Functionality
Philips Sonicare is so keen on research that will make their product as effective as can be. This is especially the case with their top flagship DiamondClean Smart Sonic Series. Sonicare has been described as testing their products with the rigor of a “mad-scientist”. The sonic 31000 bristle strokes and brush density is a culmination of vigorous testing and calibration.
Every stroke makes two movements, so when you are brushing your teeth, the toothbrush makes 62000 movements per minute. This is the number which scientific findings show to be the most efficient in removing plaque.
Shape and Form of Bristles
The bristles are carefully formed into a diamond shape and crammed quite tightly to increase their density in comparison to the manual brush. The diamond shaped brush head and high-density bristles have the right balance of pressure and depth that gives excellent results when cleaning your teeth. This toothbrush uses easy click-on brush heads that effortlessly snap onto the handle.
Arrangement of Bristles
The arrangement of the bristles is also backed by scientific research. The center bristles are relatively shorter. They are mainly used to dislodge plaque from the top surface of your teeth. The bristles at the front and back of the brush head are longer. They are designed to deal with the plaque on your gumline and in between your teeth. This toothbrush can be used on teeth with braces, crowns, periodontal pockets and veneers.
At the base of the DiamondClean Smart there is a luminous ring that flashes light when you are brushing too hard to alert you whenever you brush too hard. Brushing too hard is not recommended because they erode the gumline.
Like most Philips Sonicare brushes, this cleaner has easy start functionality. This functionality allows you to use a reduced number of vibrations that gradually increase for 14 days until you get used to the Sonicare brushing experience and routine.
This toothbrush is surprisingly quite lightweight light and easy to use. The handle has a good grip and is finished in matte which is easier to maintain and clean than rubber.
Quadpacer, Buzzers, and Timers
This toothbrush like most electric toothbrushes has a quadpacer that buzzes every 30 seconds to give you a signal that you should move to the next section of your teeth. There is also a timer that automatically switches the toothbrush off when you have brushed for the dentist recommended two minutes. The quadpacer and timer keep you on track for an exceptional cleaning experience.
The handles have an angled oblong shape which aides in reaching those hard to reach areas to clean like at the back of molar.
The unique shape of your DiamondClean toothbrush handle combined with your brush heads means that even tricky spots like back teeth get a thorough clean.
As already pointed out this toothbrush comes with three new brush heads.
- The Intercare for sensitive teeth;
- The DiamondClean for regular cleaning ;
- Adaptive for comprehensive deep cleaning.
The new kid on the block is obviously the Adaptive brush head that makes 4 times more contact with the surface of your tooth that any other toothbrush head out there.
Regardless of the brush head you use, you can use all the brushing modes. The DiamondCleam has a chip on its brush heat that intuitively pairs the correct mode with the brush head of Your choice.
Blue Indicator Bristles and Protector Caps
The brush heads have blue indicator bristles that fade out when the bristles wear out. This alerts you that the brush head needs to be replaced.
The bristles have a protective caps to hygienically store the brush heads.
We have already discussed this but will point out key features: The beauty of this toothbrush is that you don’t have to deal with messy wires or cables. Using the power of magnetic induction, a sleek and classy glass charges your brush. You can also use the glass to rinse your mouth. You also get a funky travel charger that has a USB charging port; you can charge it on any of your smart devices.
Feel and Look
- This brush does not have rubber strips but rather has a ceramic feel around it. It has a nice grip. Apart from the on/off button, the brush handle is seamless and quite lightweight.
- The brush head is somewhat elongated and the bristles are relatively soft.
Effectiveness and Customization
While using both brushes will no doubt enhance your teeth brushing regime and give you superior results compared to an average toothbrush.However, when it comes to effectiveness and customization, the DiamondClean Smarch is Superior.
Not only does it automatically pair your brush head with the correct brushing mode via a chip that is fitted in the brush head, it also has 3D mouth mapping that tracks how effectively you brush each and every tooth.
Any tooth that does not receive adequate cleaning is flagged up in the app for repeat brushing. How good is that? After you re-do the missed zones, your teeth will have received a perfect clean that will keep you away from the dentist chair.
The new DiamondClean Smart exceptional results come at a cost though. It is relatively more expensive than the regular DiamondClean and is quite popular with celebrities like Beyonce and Oprah Winfrey who on record prefer the DiamondClean Smart.
In summary, you just want a basic top end brush that will do the job without bells and rings, then the regular DiamondClean is the one for you. However, if you want to notch things a bit higher, then the DiamondClean Smart is your baby. It will help you immensely improve your teeth cleaning skills and be much more effective in ensuring all zones in your mouth are adequately cleaned.
Made in China
It is not easy to talk about a Sonicare toothbrush without the compulsion to wonder how it compares with a similar Oral B model. All Philips Sonicare toothbrushes are made in China. This does not compromise the quality in any way because they have rigorous quality control measures in place. Compared to the Oral B that manufactures their brushes in Germany, Sonicare brushes are just as durable as those of Oral B. It is all down to quality control parameters in place.
Sonicare Support and Warranty
As with most high-end Sonicare models, you get two years warranty that covers you against defects and not wears and tears. The customer’s service is always on hand to help whenever you reach out to them.
Philips Sonicare 9700 vs 9500 vs 9300 Overall Verdict
The DiamondClean is an effective and elegant toothbrush with will improve the way you clean your teeth. Your teeth are guaranteed to be a few shades whiter after just two weeks usage. The many settings cater for all types of dental issues you might have. It is also good to use on any corrective dental supports like braces. This brush has scientifically been proven to remove 10 more plaque than a manual brush.
The adaptive brush heads absorb pressure so that you do not harm your gums when brushing too hard. You should consider the new DiamondClean Smart series Sonic 95000 because it has a tongue cleaner, a pressure sensor to stop you from brushing too hard and automatic syncing of brush heads with respective cleaning modes Although the brush is expensive you receive lifetime healthy teeth and gums. You get bags of value that outweigh the initial cost.
This toothbrush is elegant and impressive both in form and function. It is designed to provide you the ultimate and complete dental hygiene and care. It has settings to cater for all periodontal needs.
Some of its impressive features include the patented Sonic technology that makes 31000 bristle strokes per minute. Every stroke makes two movements. This implies that you get 62000 brush movements on your teeth per minutes. These movements sweep fluids in between your teeth to break down plaque even in the hard to reach areas.
Table of Contents