Philips Sonicare C2 vs G2 brush heads are both great options to consider. They are compatible with most Sonicare models and also have BrushSync capability when paired with brush handles that have this feature. However, they are designed for different purposes. We consider the differences below.
Difference Between Philips Sonicare Brush Heads G2 vs C2
The Philips Sonicare C2 is better than the G2 if you want to focus your oral hygiene on gum care. That is because the C2 is specifically designed for gum care, while the Philips Sonicare G2 is designed for plaque management.
|Sonicare c2 brush head||Sonicare g2 brush head|
|-4 brush heads|
-Soft bristles with a power tip for hard-to-reach areas.
-Optimal Plaque control brush head
|-3 brush heads|
-Soft, gentle bristles along the gum line
-Gum care brush head
|View price||View price|
Despite the fact that both brush heads are gentle and remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush if your area of focus is plaque removal, then the C2 is the better option because it is said to remove seven times more plaque than a manual toothbrush. This is more than the G2 is able to achieve because it can only muster to clean six times better than a manual toothbrush.
2. Key Features
The C2 brush head has power tip bristles that enable the brush head to reach hidden crevices between the teeth. Meanwhile, the G2 bristles are somewhat flat and also have specially designed bristles primed to polish the surface of your teeth with a view to whiten them and reduce staining.
Table of Contents
Philips Sonicare Genuine C2 Optimal Plaque Control Toothbrush Heads Review
The Philips Sonicare Genuine C2 Optimal Plaque Control Toothbrush Heads is a pack of 3 white brush heads designed to effectively remove plaque, which can be up to 6 times more difficult than with a manual toothbrush. These brush heads are recommended by dental professionals and work with all Philips Sonicare click-on rechargeable toothbrush handles.
Sonicare C2 Key Specifications
- When used with a BrushSync-compliant handle, the brush head will remind you when to replace it and will optimize the brushing mode and intensity level.
- The Power Tip on the brush head targets plaque along the gum line. These brush heads are a standard size and have medium bristle stiffness.
- The brush head also has a specially designed curvature to the tip to help reach the back teeth. The brush head makes use of high-frequency, high-amplitude brush movements to offer a deep cleaning action from all areas of the brush head, driving fluid deep between the teeth and along the gumline.
- It attaches and detaches easily from compatible brush handles for maintenance and cleaning.
- It fits all Philips Sonicare toothbrush handles except PowerUp Battery and Essence. The brush head features an RFID chip that makes it BrushSync compatible, it will pre-select the most appropriate cleaning mode as well as remind you via an LED on the brush handle when it requires replacement.
- The blue-colored bristles on the head fade over time and with use, it’s a visual reminder to replace the head for optimum cleaning results.
The C2 Optimal Plaque Defence brush head is compatible with models such as 3100 Series, ProtectiveClean 4300, ProtectiveClean 5100, ProtectiveClean 6100, ExpertClean 7300, DiamondClean 9000, DiamondClean Smart, Prestige 9900, and any other Sonicare model with BrushSync mode pairing. However, the “Smart” feature of the brush head will not work on 2 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, CleanCare, DailyClean, EasyClean, 1100 Series, 2100 Series, FlexCare, FlexCare Platinum, FlexCare+, and HealthyWhite.
Philips Sonicare G2 Review
The Philips Sonicare G2 toothbrush head is recommended by dental professionals and is the number one power toothbrush brand. It gently removes up to six times more plaque around the gumline compared to a manual toothbrush and improves gum health by up to 100%.
Sonicare G2 Specifications
- When used with a BrushSync-compliant handle, it will remind you when it’s time to replace the brush head and optimize the brushing mode and intensity level. These replacement heads are compatible with all Philips Sonicare click-on rechargeable toothbrushes that have replacement heads.
- The Philips Sonicare G2 Optimal Gum Care brush head has densely packed bristles that are organized to create a trim profile that effectively reaches along the gumline and stimulates better gum health.
- The bristles form a large surface area that covers the whole tooth and reaches up and along the gum line as the brush head is moved tooth to tooth.
- The brush head easily attaches and detaches from compatible brush handles for maintenance and cleaning.
- It fits all Philips Sonicare toothbrush handles except PowerUp Battery and Essence.
- The blue-colored bristles on the head are reminder bristles that fade over time and with use, it’s a visual reminder to replace the head for optimum cleaning results.
- With BrushSync technology built-in (brush model dependent), it will also auto-select the most appropriate cleaning mode.
It’s compatible with models such as 3100 Series, ProtectiveClean 4300, ProtectiveClean 5100, ProtectiveClean 6100, ExpertClean 7300, DiamondClean 9000, DiamondClean Smart, Prestige 9900, and any other Sonicare model with BrushSync mode pairing. However, the “Smart” feature of the brush head will not work on 2 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, CleanCare, DailyClean, EasyClean, 1100 Series, 2100 Series, FlexCare, FlexCare Platinum, FlexCare+, and HealthyWhite.
Which is better, the Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Head C2 or G2?
Both Sonicare C2 and G2 have more or less similar features, such as weight and compatibility with Philips Sonicare rechargeable toothbrush handles and BrushSync-compatible handle models. Additionally, the prices of both brush heads are in the same price range.
However, for overall dental care of your teeth, the C2 is better value for money because it gives you more or less the same plaque removal which is the key issue that causes problems to the teeth. It can also take care of your gums because of the power tips in their bristle arrangement that can reach hard-to-reach areas like teeth crevices and under the gum line. The C2 is designed for efficient plaque removal. Its tightly packed bristles create a shape and size that is effective for all-over cleaning and plaque removal. It’s 7 times more effective than a manual toothbrush.
The G2 gives you slightly less plaque removal ability but is mainly primed to polish the surface of your teeth and can make them whiter in three days. It is not as effective as the C2 in deep cleaning hard-to-reach areas like between teeth and under the gums.
Ultimately, the choice between the Philips Sonicare C2 and G2 will depend on your specific oral care needs and preferences.
- Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus/Platinum vs Protectiveclean Reviews
- Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Heads Black Friday Cyber Monday Deals 2023
Dr. Tom Bell has a PhD in Medical Anthropology. He has a keen interest in oral health topics and is the founder of dentalrave. He has been an oral health researcher and electric toothbrush enthusiast for over 10 years. Tom works with Awin and others in his research. When not talking about dental hygiene and gadgets, Tom likes spending time outdoors hiking.