Philips Sonicare 2 Series vs 3 Series? The Sonicare 3 series and 2 series from Phillips do share a lot in common when it comes to their features. As they are from the same line of brushes. Both brushes give users the chance to have a great clean, have good handles, and utilize technology.
Today we’re comparing Philips Sonicare 2 Series and 3 Series to show you what they have in common and what advantages and potential drawbacks each possesses. Read on and find out more!
Philips Sonicare 2 Series and 3 Series Similarities
- They are both powered by the patented dynamic Sonicare technology
- They both make 31000 brush strokes per minute, like Sonicare models.
- They both remove plaque six times better than a manual brush. However, the 3 Series has a special brush head that removes plaque from under the gum line.
- They both come with a two years manufacturers warranty and ninety days money back guaranty in case you are not happy.
- They both have dual voltage capability; you can charge them in USA sockets and internationally where the voltage is 240V.
- They both have smart-timers and easy start functionality (slowly increases the power after 14 uses).
- They are both durable. Most people who have bought any of these two say they’ve had them for several years.
- They both have easy snap-on design and blue bristle reminders that fade into white when its time to replace the brush head.
- They are both safe to use on veneers, orthodontics, implants and any dental work.
- Philips Sonicare Series 3 gum health brush heads and 2 Series are relatively smallish in size – approximately 50% the size of usual brush heads. Th brush heads are called ProResults. The only difference is that the Sonicare 2 Series is designed for ultimate plaque removal and are called ProResults Plaque control while the 3 Series brush head called ProResults gum health is designed for detailed gum care.
As you can see, the variety of settings and features make them a good option for most, but when it comes to more features offered, Sonicare Series 3 wins. The 3 series has three intensity settings and more that give users wide options when it comes to brushing.
However, you will have to pay more for those features as they do come at a cost. The Sonicare 2 Series is slightly more affordable than the 3 Series. While both have great advantages to them, they, unfortunately, do not come with the new Bluetooth that many high end brushes have including those for young ones.
Design Look and Feel
The Sonicare 2 and 3 both feature handles that are fairly typical of a power toothbrush; elegant and minimal buttons. The Philips Sonicare Series 2 model has only the power button on the front, but the Sonicare Series 3 comes with an LED light below the power button that shows you the status of the battery and allows you to pick different modes.
While the Sonicare 2 comes in six different color options, the Sonicare 3 has only one color option available. Bad news for those who like color, but the 2 Series might be for you if you really care about colors and customization.
What is the difference between Sonicare Series 2 and 3?
There are of course a few differences between the Philips Sonicare 3 Series and 2 Series that you’ll be interested to find out– and may even help you decide which model you might like.
The Philips Sonicare Series 2 is clearly designed to target plaque and plaque control is the name of the game for this model. It has a brush head called ProResults Plaque Control that are designed to remove maximum plaque from hidden areas. The power and efficiency of the Sonicare 2 make it uniquely capable of removing plaque using its 31,000 brush strokes a minute that make it up to six times better at removing plaque than a manual brush. It has curved bristles in long tufts that mimic the shape of your teeth.
The Sonicare 3 is designed to help users maintain their gum health with a special brush head (ProResults gum health) that was designed to remove plaque from along the gum lines. The 3 Series brush has way more features than the 2 Sonicare model could ever hope to have and also has the same amount of power as the 2 had but with way more features that allow users to customize their brushing experience or session that day. What about Philips sonicare series 3 vs diamondclean? Well, the Diamondclean has more cleaning modes, a better traveling charger, comes with more than one brush head especially the new smart series 9500 and 9700 that have five and seven brush heads respectively.
The Philips Sonicare Series 2 comes with a timer that allows you to brush for the two minutes recommended by dentists. However other than that it really is a standard electric brush even if it does remove up to six times more plaque than a manual.
The Philips Sonicare Series 3 comes with three intensity settings (low, medium and high) so you can set it to whatever setting is best for you. It has the same timers as the 2 but also comes with the Quadpacer feature, which notifies users that it’s time to brush a different section of the mouth using vibration.
The 3 also has a more powerful battery (Lithium ion batteries that can last between 5-15 years depending on care and usage) where the 2 has the NiMH battery, so it’s going to last longer in general but its not as powerful as the Lithium ion battery. It can be used on sensitive teeth because it has three settings, for sensitive teeth start with low setting and work your way up. The brush head of 3 Series is cup shaped and has a small footprint foe easy manueverability and to thoroughly clean under the gums. It also allows you to focus of brushing one teeth at a time in detail.
The Series 3electric toothbrush comes with a hard travelling case for effortless storage when travelling. The 2 Series doesn’t have a travelling case.
- – Both are efficient and get the job done
- – Comes with timers
- – Target plaque for each
- – Simple and affordable
- – Gets the job done
- – No app or tech
- – No Bluetooth
- – Perhaps not enough features for you
The long tufts and high brush revolutions constantly chip away any built-up plaque in hard to reach areas.
Philips Sonicare 2 Series Review
Interested in getting a new power toothbrush? You’ll love the Philips Sonicare Series 2, from Phillips! This model is the successor to the Essence model by Sonicare and comes with a ton of features that are dentist approved.
This 2 Series brush comes with:
- a 2 minute timer that will alert you when it is time to stop brushing.
- It comes with the Quad Pacer aspect that lets you know every 30 seconds when they are up.
- That means you can switch to another part of your mouth to be sure you are brushing evenly.
- This model has the waterproof seal as well which will protect the brush head when being put on and keep your brush from shorting out.
Perhaps one of the best features that comes with the Sonicare 2 is the fact that it can easily snap brush heads on and off, something that a lot of other power toothbrushes struggle with. For instance, even the Essence model that Phillips rolled out before used screw-on brush heads.
Key Benefits & Features
- The Handle This brush comes with a simple design that is easy to use.
- The power button that you press to turn the brush on and off is easy to use; one press turns it on, and just press it again when you want it off.
- With baby blue highlights and a green button you can find it easily.
- This brush comes with smaller bumps that provide grip while you are brushing as well.
- Quad Pacer This feature lets you know when thirty seconds of time is up so you can switch to a different area of your mouth for a thorough brushing.
- It auto stops when you hit two minutes of straight brushing.
The recommended time to brush teeth is for two minute straight, so that works out to thirty seconds a quadrant. The handle will automatically stop buzzing to let you know that it has been 30 seconds. It pauses during pulses and then offers a tone sound at the end of thirty seconds to make sure you are moving with your brushing so that you get an even clean.
The Sonicare 2 has a built-in timer that allows the user to have the brush turn off automatically after two minutes. If you like to brush longer, you can press the power button and brush some more. It’s a cool feature that is perfect for regulating brushing to the right amount of time.
This brush can take some getting used to, and with Easy Start you can ease your way into the electric brushing experience. It takes a while for people who are used to a manual brush to adapt to using a power toothbrush. To some the sensation can merely tickle them a little, while for others the new way of brushing can feel too intense.
Easy Start allows you to get used to using an electric toothbrush. You won’t stay in the shallow end of the pool forever, though. This clever feature lets you slowly build up power after 14 uses, gradually taking you to where you are getting up to 31,000 brush strokes a minute—the full capacity of what this brush can deliver.
– Sonicare 2 series handle
– Angled brush head
– Warranty card
– Brush head cover
– Charging stand Included in this box.
You may also find discounts and offers related to the Sonicare range from Phillips, although not every box may have these. Be sure to check the warranty card to see if you get a six month or 2 year warranty. The Sonicare 2 brush may not come with the 2 year warranty automatically.
- – Leaves your teeth looking cleaner and whiter than ever
- – Safe for braces, dentures, veneers
- – Brush twice a day with it to reduce your risk of cavities
- – Takes away 6 times the plaque than you would be able to remove manually
- – Comes with two years warranty
- – Easy Start lets you work up to more brush strokes per minute
- – Angled brush head lets you get to those back teeth
- – Clean hard to reach areas easily with the help of this brush
- – Good weight
- – Grip on the handle makes it easy to use
- – Brush each quadrant equally
- – Comes with a built-in timer to help you regulate brushing
- – Comes with gap to allow brush head movement
- – Two color battery charger lets you know when to charge
- – Comes with two weeks of battery life
- – Can be held in either hand comfortably
– When battery indicator says that battery is low, it needs to be charged immediately
-You may not get the full extended warranty without calling in, comes with 6 month to 2 year warranty.
The Sonicare 2 electric toothbrush from Phillips is a reliable power toothbrush that has a lot going for it. The weight of it is nice, and it’s comfortable to hold thanks to a subtle gripping that is built into the design.
It’s not too loud to use and while it is easy to operate and has 2 weeks of use after you charge it, you have to charge it immediately once it lets you know the battery is low. Snap on heads for this model are a great choice and are infinitely easier to use.
The makers of this brush claim that it can help get rid of six times more plaque than manual toothbrushes can, and while we have no idea if that’s true, it sure does an effective job at brushing and we would believe it.
With different heads and the option to ease into heavy brushing, this is a great model for kids, teenagers, people with braces or dental veneers, and adults. If it’s your first time using an electric toothbrush, you will love the Phillips Sonicare 2. It’s the perfect brush for people who love power brushes or are using one for the first time.
Philips Sonicare 3 Series Review
The Philips Sonicare Series 3 gum health electric toothbrush employs Sonicare cleaning technology that is scientifically proven to be more effective in removing more plaque than ordinary brushes. It claims to remove 100% plaque.
It has a hard travel case which is perfect for traveling. The case holds the toothbrush and its parts securely and protects it from damage.
It features three intensity cleaning modes, hence the name Sonicare 3 series gum health electric toothbrush. These settings include a ProResults gum health brush that gently scrapes plaque from your gums.
The profile of the brush head emulates the shape of a cup which is said to not only clean both your gums and teeth but does so gently to remove plaque.
- It has dual colored battery charge display to help you monitor the level of charge.
- It sizable and easy to slip into any traveling bag without fuss. It has a handy snap-on easy grip handle and a blue bristle that remind you when then the brush head is due for a change.
- It employs the sonic cleaning technology that produces up to 31000 bristle strokes per minute is scientifically proven to remove 6 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- It greatly reduces gingivitis by improving the health of your gums.
- It has a Smart-timer (alerts you when you have brushed for the dentist recommended two minutes) and a quadpacer (helps you clean each section of your mouth effectively by ensuring that you spend at least 30 seconds on each quarter of your mouth).
- It has an easy start feature that reduces the number of brush strokes per minute so as to give you time to adapt to the Sonicare cleaning technology.
- It comes with a solid two years guarantee for peace of mind.
Philips Sonicare Series 3 gum health rechargeable toothbrush is excellent on your gums and teeth due to its ProResults gum health that is gentle and effective in removing plaque. It has the potential of reducing and even reversing gingivitis. You get two years guarantee which is an indication that this toothbrush is build to last.
Check the 3 Series gum health rechargeable here on Amazon
Philips Sonicare 3 Series vs 2 Series – Which is Better?
Should you get the Sonicare series 2 or 3? In the end, it comes down to preference. May be you want something better than a manual but don’t need all the bells and whistles. In that case, you’d want the Sonicare 2. Or you want something that can help you with the plaque below the gums and has a few neat features– that would be the Sonicare 3.
You really cannot go wrong with either brush but check these two models out online and see what you think! Either choice is a good one when it comes to the Sonicare line.