Oral B Pro 6000 vs Genius 8000? The difference between Oral-B Pro 6000 Smart Series Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush and Oral B Genius 8000 is based on 5 key features namely: number of cleaning modes, travel case, number of brush heads, colour selection and the cost.
The Oral B Pro 6000 features 5 cleaning modes: the daily clean, deep clean, gum care, sensitive mode, and the whitening mode whereas the 8000 model come with all of the Oral B 6000 modes plus a tongue cleaning mode, 6 modes in total.
Another difference between these 2 electric toothbrushes is that while Oral B 8000 comes with 3 brush heads, the 6000 on the other side comes with only one brush head.
In terms of colour selection, whereas the Oral B 6000 smart series electric toothbrush comes in white, black, rose gold, and orchid purple, the 8000 comes only in black, orchid purple, sakura pink and rose gold.
The battery life is one of the shortcomings of the Oral B electric toothbrushes when compared to Sonicare with Philips Sonicare toothbrushes having long-lasting battery than most brands (up to three weeks time). Using a standard battery, Oral B Genius 8000 last only up to 11 days times while that of Oral B Smart 6000 goes up to 14 days. The 6000 model uses Lithium-ion battery the same as the Sonicare toothbrush models.
The 8000l comes with a smart travel case that can charge your phone and toothbrush using a USB charger. And the best part is that you can charge the brush through its case and you also get a power adapter (100-240v) for use when travelling abroad. Oral B Pro 6000, on the other hand, comes with a normal but premium travel case with no USB charger.
Other Deciding Factors
Oral B 8000l again surpass the 6000 Smart model by including the position detection feature and a smartphone holder when compared to the 6000 that includes none of them.
For the position detection to work, you need to face your Smartphone camera. To aid this the 8000 model comes with a suction cup, as a phone holder which can be attached on your mirror.
Apart from that as you might be expected, the Oral B Genius 8000 is more costly than the 6000 model. Check also, Oral B 5000 vs 6000 vs 7000.
- Both have a 2-minute timer and pacer to help you brush at 2 minutes recommend time. There are 4 mouth sections and after every 30 seconds, you hear a buzz to inform you to move another section till all 4 sections are covered.
- They are both Bluetooth enabled
- 3D, SmartRing visible pressure sensor at the top of the brush handle to alert you not to brush too hard or scrub your teeth. You can customize which colour it should use to alert you; there are 12 colours to choose from whereas the default one is red
- Both Oral B 8000 and 6000 are compatible with: CrossAction, FlossAction, Deep clean, 3D White, Sensitive, ortho, dual and precision clean brush heads. You can buy any of this on-demand as replacements.
- 2-year warranty for peace of mind
- With each, you also get a brush head storage unit that can store up 4 brush heads per time
Which is Better, Oral B Pro 6000 or Genius 8000?
Since the whole idea of getting the electric toothbrush is on improving your dental care, eliminating more plaque as a means of fighting against gum disease and tooth decay then Oral B Genius 8000l is the best.
With its position detection feature that is able to detect where you are cleaning and offer a suggestion on how to do it better then definitely this is the brush, you want to have.
And now there is Oral B Genius X 10000 that performs even much better using an artificial intelligence system that detects the missed area and recommends to you to brush it.
However, if you are on a budget you can still go for Oral B Pro 6000 Smart , much better than continue using a manual toothbrush. It is Bluetooth enabled with associated Smartphone app to coach you how to brush your teeth and gums well. And it is much cheaper than the Oral B Genius 8000.