Oral B Pro 7000 vs Genius 8000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush? The Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries and Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrushes were both designed to give users a lot of specialized options for brushing. The handles are standard design and the brushes themselves come in a selection of black or white. Both brushes have a Pressure Ring to alert you when you are brushing too hard.
They are pretty identically designed overall, but nothing fancy unless you count being able to change the pressure ring light on the 8000 to 12 colours. Check also Oral B 7000 Vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart and or Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 vs Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart.
In terms of functionality, Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries focuses more on plaque removal while the Oral B Genius 8000 focuses on a comprehensive clean thanks to the Criss-Cross bristles.
- Whereas the Oral B 8000 offers a thorough cleaning around the gum line safely, as does the 7000 to some extent. However, the 7000 does have great instant feedback on how you’re brushing in real-time thanks to its Smart Guide.
- The 8000 comes with three replacement brushes while the 7000 comes with four. The 8000, by contrast, offers Position Detection which will tell where you’re brushing and when to move on to a different section.
- The Oral-B 7000 comes with a wireless smart guide that the 8000 doesn’t have. You can shift through settings on a button near the power icon for the 7000 while the 8000 has symbols for its six settings.
- The 8000 has a phone holder which the 7000 doesn’t. The 8000 has a cool feature where you can flash one of twelve different LED Smart Ring colors using the app and is also said to have better feedback when it comes to your brushing habits and tracking what you do.
- It also comes with a Smartphone Holder, so the 8000 can also charge your brush in the case and hold your phone and charge it at the same time. It also removes 500% more plaque than the 7000.
Features in Common
- Both Oral-B 7000 and 8000 get rid of plaque 3x more effectively than a manual
- Both use Bluetooth and apps with your phone
- Pressure Ring near head to handle
- Both share the same brushing options (which include daily clean, sensitive, whitening, gum care, tongue cleaning, pro-clean)
- More buttons and symbols than just the power button
- Same modes, similar accessories
- Both good at highly efficient cleaning
- 6 brushing modes
- Pressure sensing technology
- Charging stations come with both
- Complete set of Oral B brushing heads
Pros and Cons
- Great clean with either brush
- Lots of accessories and features and settings
- Great pressure sensors on both are gentle on teeth
- 8000 comes with a smartphone holder for accessories
You may find it more difficult to navigate than a standard electric brush with minimal features.
Oral B 7000 Review
- Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries rechargeable electric toothbrush uses 3D technology for unrivaled cleaning action. Pulsations, rotations, and oscillations of the brush head work together with the angled bristles to break up and remove plaque from the teeth and along the gum line.
- The brush head is round to wrap around each individual tooth, with bristles angled at 16 degrees for precision cleaning.
- Has 6 modes; Daily Clean, Gum Care, Whitening, Sensitive, Deep Clean and Tongue Clean.
- Has a pressure sensor that lights up and stops pulsations when you brush too aggressively. This minimizes damage to the gums and teeth.
- Using Bluetooth technology and the Oral B app, your oral hygiene habits can be monitored over time and improved for the better as it provides real-time feedback. It also gives oral care tips and senses when you are brushing too hard.
- It comes with 3 different replacement brush heads; CrossAction, ProWhite and Sensitive. In addition, it is compatible with a wide range of Oral B Brush Head Refills.
- Comes with a SmartGuide timer that will let you know when your 2-minute brushing time is up.
- Provides superior, precision 3D cleaning that gives you real-time feedback on your teeth cleaning.
- Has 6 brushing modes that enable you to customize the cleaning session to your specification.
- Has Bluetooth capabilities and app support: you can sync your teeth cleaning data with your smart devices.
- Has a pressure sensor to eliminate over brushing, brushing too hard can damage your gums, so having a pressure sensor is quite helpful in controlling the pressure you exert when brushing.
- Comes with 3 replacement heads, for your convenience, some brush heads have unique feature that helo you customize your cleaning.
Like other Oral B electric toothbrushes, the 7000 model is also a bit noisy, however with continued use, you get used to it and does not become a bother.
The shorter battery life of 10-12 days after a single charge compared to the Diamondclean.
Oral B 7000 vs 8000, Which is Better?
At the end of the day, the Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush does perform better at battery than the 7000. It can last for twelve days as opposed to about 10 for the Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush model on the same charge with regular use.
However, as a brusher that might not be particularly what you’re looking for. If you’re in it for the best brush possible, you’re going to have a great option in the Oral-B Pro 7000 or 8000. The 8000 is slightly more advanced than the 7000 and the edge on more features is what might give it the advantage over the 7000 as it has good pressure sensing and focuses on cleaning each tooth as effectively as possible for an overall cleaning experience that is superior to many other models outside the Oral-B Pro line.
Both models are worth a look. If you want a sophisticated electric toothbrush that works with your phone and has Bluetooth, you can’t go wrong with the Oral B 7000. However, if you want slightly more and don’t really care about plaque removal, the 8000 electric toothbrush might just be the one you want. It also has a comfortable handle, comes with a travelling case and smartphone holder, and has the longest battery life. If you already have a 7000 model it’s not worth the upgrade but if you are buying something new, want a lot of settings, neat accessories, have Bluetooth, and offer a great clean.
[amazon_link asins=’B01KTII3DS,B076MXM7N9,B00F9X34XS’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’dentalraveus-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’bf556efd-8137-4b82-84bb-758d61b1bff0′]
Oral B 8000 vs 7000 Review: Check also, Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600.