Oral B 5000 vs 6000 vs 7000? These brushes have their own areas of individual focus. Oral-B 5000 specializes in removing plaque stored near the gums, Oral-B 6000 stresses teeth whitening while the Oral-B 7000 gives the user tooth by tooth clean.
Considering their costs, the Oral-B 7000 is definitely the most feature-rich brush handle of all the three, providing more options for a thorough mouth clean in comparison to others.
Meanwhile, each of these brushes is designed to give your mouth the perfect clean. Their handles transmit data to your phone via Bluetooth to provide the user with a summarized and easily comprehensible information which covers very wide range of information.
Oral B 5000 vs 6000
The difference between Oral B 5000 and 6000 is seen in 4 main areas which are specialization, appearance and design, functionality and cost. While Oral-B 5000 specializes in removing plaque stored near the gums, Oral-B 6000 focuses more on teeth whitening. and whereas the 6000 electric toothbrush has a 360-degree ring around its handle which works as a sensor and lightens up if the user is pressing the handle too hard, the Oral B Pro 5000, on the other hand, does not have this feature.
Oral B 5000 vs 7000
Here is the difference between Oral B 5000 and 7000. These brushes have their own areas of individual focus, while the Oral-B 7000 gives the user tooth by tooth clean, the 5000 on the other hand, focuses in removing plaque stored near the gums. And whereas the Oral-B 7000 electric toothbrush has a 360-degree ring around its handle which works as a sensor and lightens up if the user is pressing the handle too hard, the 5000 does not have this feature. Apart from that, Oral-B 7000 also features an additional tongue cleaning mode which comes in very handy for many. It is also good for braces.
Detailed Oral B 5000 vs 6000 vs 7000 Key Differences
Differences in Appearance and Design
The handle designs of these brushes are quite similar but with few noticeable exceptions. Each brush has a power button on the faceplate along with an arrow key to change the brushing modes according to requirements. Oral-B 5000, unlike Oral-B 6000 and 7000 models does not have a 360-degree ring around its handle which works as a sensor and lightens up if the user is pressing the handle too hard.
Though each brush handle comes with their unique rubber grip, it has to be pointed out that the rubber grip on Oral-B 7000 feels far better and its anti-skid design works better than its counterparts.
Differences in the Functionality
Apart from differences in design, these brushes somewhat differ in the functionality they provide to their respective users.
Oral-B 5000 and Oral-B 6000 provide up to five different modes:
- Daily Clean for a normal day cleaning purpose
- Sensitive care featuring a low-speed mode for gentle cleaning
- Gum care focusing on stimulating gums
- Whitening mode featuring alternative speed to focus on removing plaque
- The deep clean mode which offers an intense brushing experience.
Along with these modes, Oral-B 7000 features an additional tongue cleaning mode which comes in very handy for many. It is also good for braces
As already mentioned, each of these brushes has its unique areas of focus. Oral-B 5000 puts an emphasis on plaque removal, the 6000 model on teeth whitening and the 7000 model on providing specialized tooth by tooth cleaning mode operation.
Each of the variants has its own method of operation. Oral-B 5000 achieves its goals by the vibrations, pulsations and oscillations of its brush head whereas the 6000 model has a round shaped head which moves and works in that pattern.
Each of these brushes comes with a brush stand as well as a rigid and durable traveling case which has room for different kinds of brush heads. It can also act as a smartphone holder. Oral-B 7000 comes with a bonus feature of charging station which would enable users to charge their brush and phone simultaneously, thus making them very useful in case of travel.
Another unique feature of Oral-B 7000 is its Smart Guide’. It is a digital reader which provides the user with real-time feedback. It shows things like a timer, present brushing mode so that users don’t have to look at their smartphone all the time and a few other useful references.
- The 5 brushing modes (6 in case of Oral-B 7000) provide the user with a wide range of settings to choose from. These many modes are certainly a deluxe feature present only in these brushes, which makes them a unique choice in the electric brush segment.
- Bluetooth capabilities of these handles is an attractive feature for someone looking to revitalize their brushing experience. The mobile app is very intuitive and the feedback it provides can alter the way you brush your teeth. It records various data points and utilizes them in providing you with customized brushing instructions.
- All of these brushes come with pressure sensors. While not explicitly essential, these sensors make sure that users do not put more than required amount of force on their gums and teeth. They help in avoiding enamel damage and thus, are very useful for children.
- These brushes are customized with timers which make sure that you do not spend more time brushing one region of your mouth than other. The pacer feature equipped on this helps to train you with the right way to brush the teeth. The brush, however, does not shut down after 2 minutes which is the recommended time. However, it does alert the user via the app of the time spent. It makes sure each area of the mouth gets the maximum amount of care.
- Oral-B 5000 originally comes with a FlossAction brush-head. The Oral-B 6000 features a CrossAction brush-head, and Oral-B 7000 comes packed with three brush-heads in its case: a CrossAction brush-head, a ProWhite brush-head, and a Sensitive Clean brush-head.
However, each brush is compatible with following Oral-B electric-toothbrush heads: Deep Sweep, 3D White, CrossAction, Floss Action, Dual Clean, Sensitive, Precision Clean, Power Tip, and Ortho. All these give you a wide range of options.
Some people might have an issue with battery life as it is slightly lower in comparison to Oral-B’s previous models. Oral-B 5000, 6000 and 7000 come with a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery which can last up to 10, 12 and 10 days of normal uses respectively. But considering their vast features, it is no surprise.
All of these brushes are high-end products so obviously, their prices would be higher compared to any other models in the market. The hefty price can make someone nervous but be assured, the different functionality of the brush is worthy of its high price tag.
Oral B Pro 5000 Review
The best selling Oral B Pro 5000 smartseries electric toothbrush with Bluetooth connectivity is one of the Oral-B’s most technologically advanced electric toothbrushes.
This toothbrush has three action pressure alert system that has sensory signals, visual and auditory indicators to notify you when you are brushing too hard so that you can adjust the way you are brushing. With the Oral B 5000, your teeth will start to whiten, a shed or two in just three weeks.
How does this toothbrush stack up when compared to Sonicare? Oral B 5000 is comparable to Sonicare’s Flexcare plus. However, I think the 5000 has a slight edge because it has a whitening mode that the Flexcare doesn’t have.
The SmartSeries 5000 electric toothbrush features a 3D cleaning action that rotates, oscillates and pulsates to remove and break up 100% more plaque than the manual toothbrushes
- It has Professional Healthy Clean + Floss Action with SmartGuide for ultimate plaque removal. The 5000 electric toothbrush with smartguide features a round head. This is specially designed to do tooth by tooth cleaning.
- This brush has a revamped smart guide that motivates you to brush better by giving you rewards.
- The electric toothbrush pulsates 40,000 times per minute and oscillates 8800 times per minute to dismantle all plaque in your gums.
- It has a LED screen on the handle and a tongue cleaner. All these are secured by a two-year guarantee for peace of mind.
- It removes 99.7% more plaque than a manual toothbrush; it will reverse any development of gingivitis.
The Oral B 5000 Electric Toothbrush with the SmartGuide features Bluetooth technology. This enables the toothbrush to communicate with your smartphone to give you insights on how you are cleaning. This real-time feedback from the Oral B app focuses on your most important areas: the four quadrants of your teeth. It features a wireless SmartGuide.
The smart guide will tell you where you need to brush more in case you haven’t brushed to the dentist recommendation standard. Oral B 5000 criss-cross bristles are set at an angle of 16 degrees in order to reach deep between the teeth.
This makes it possible for the Oral B electric toothbrush to lift and power away more than close to 100% (99.7%) plaque. Giving you a superior clean wash. The angular criss-cross bristles are also able to reach the back of your tooth where manual brushing does not reach.
- It is gentle on your gums and teeth. It also alerts when you are brushing too hard so that you can adjust.
- On average the battery life of 5000 Oral-B electric toothbrush lasts between 2-10 years depending on how your use. A number of people who own this Oral B smart toothbrush say that for the battery to last more than 3 years, you only need to charge when the battery has run out.
Some of the complaints by clients who bought this toothbrush include: The battery does not last long. However as we have already pointed out above, you need to only charge when your charger runs out and then give a long 14-20 hour charge. This should be able to last you for two weeks.
The problem is that many people keep their brush on the charger all the time. This shortens the lifespan. If you only charge when the battery runs out your smartseries should be able to last at least 2weeks. Click to download the 5000 instruction manual:
According to the user manual; you are asked not to leave your oral b electric toothbrush 5000 on the charge at all times; the battery will not last longer than 3 years. However, if you want your brush to last for over 5 year, then only re-charge when it has run down. With good care, you can have this for the long haul. You only need to change brush heads after every three months.
This Oral B Electric Toothbrush, like most other Oral-B brushes, enables you the ability to use a variety of brush head replacements. This toothbrush is compatible with a broad range of heads thus it would not be a problem to identify that which suits you. You can choose any replacement that will fit your oral hygiene needs ranging from: (Prowhite, Power Tip, Dual Clean, CrossAction, Ortho, Floss Action, Precision clean, and Deep Sweep to Sensitive). Whenever you change your toothbrush head (after every three months), you can always choose a new head and try it out.
The pro 5000 comes with five cleaning modes:
- Daily clean,
- Sensitive mode: that operates at lower speeds to gently clean your teeth and gums,
- Whitening mode: that gently polishes the teeth to remove surface stains,
- Deep clean mode: that extends your brushing time to enhance the results.
- Gum care mode: that gently stimulates your gums.
So what makes this toothbrush one of the top electric toothbrushes on the market today? Well, although this toothbrush is meant for home, use it is modeled after the most professional dental cleaning tools. It includes a lot of advanced features and also incorporates advanced technology that lets you communicate with your smartphone.
Here is what you will get in your brand new Oral B 5000:
- 3 brush heads: 1 CrossAction, 1 Sensitive, 1 3D White.
- Charging station with brush head storage
- Wireless SmartGuide
- Rechargeable toothbrush handle,
- Standard Travel Case.
The Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush comes packed with a number of features that will greatly enhance your teeth cleaning regime.
- It has 3d cleaning functionality that cleans tooth to tooth for a complete and total brushing experience.
- It has a two minute timer and it oscillates, rotates and pulsates to total cleaning and plaque removal.
- The application feature syncs up perfectly with the smartphone thus allowing you to monitor your current brushing progress. It is easy to set up the blue-tooth app and get going.
- The 5000 motivates you with other helpful oral hygiene tips, tracks your brushing habits over time and can also detect when you are brushing your teeth too hard.
- It comes with five modes including deep clean, sensitive mode, massage, whitening and daily clean.
- It also gives you entertainment news and weather forecast that are helpful to your oral hygiene to keep you entertained.
- Can detect whenever you brush your teeth too hard with its pressure sensor and alerts you to prevent over brushing.
- It is much lighter than other electric toothbrushes.
- Setting up the 5000 is rather straightforward.
As you can see, this Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth offers a lot and will definitely provide value for money. A number of people who have used are quite happy with their purchase.
Which is Better Oral B Pro 5000, 6000 or 7000
After considering various aspects of the Oral-B Pro 5000, 6000 and 7000, it has to be mentioned that any brush is not limited to a specific niche of users. Their tooth cleaning and whitening as well gum caring capabilities are remarkable, thus, making them an efficient oral hygiene product.
You can decide which of the features suits you the most, and according to your needs and budget, you can pick out the perfect model for yourself. Rest assured, you cannot go wrong in making a choice since each brush is well adept at providing you with the best tooth care you can ever experience.