Oral B Pro 1000 Vs Philips Sonicare Essence – What’s the Difference? Both Pro 1000 and Sonicare Essence Rechargeable Electric Toothbrushes are simple but still effective at cleaning your teeth. Check also, Oral B Pro 1000 vs Philips Sonicare Protectiveclean 4100.
Philips Sonicare features an angled neck handle and bristles that are contoured that make for a comfortable brushing experience especially when cleaning g the back teeth. See how it compares with essence plus in our Philips Sonicare Essence vs. Sonicare Essence Plus.
Sonicare Essence has the easy-start feature that enables new users to get used to the Sonicare cleaning experience by reducing the number of vibrations of the brush when they initially start using Sonicare brushes. The vibrations are then gradually increased to the maximum 31000 strokes per minute when one gets used to cleaning with Sonicare brushes.
- Philips Sonicare Essence comes with a 2-minute timer but no quadpacer (30 seconds buzzer that reminds you after every 30 seconds to move on to another mouth section), whereas Oral B Pro 1000 comes with built-in timer with a pacer.
- Philips Sonicare Essence’s brush handle is bulky and heavy compared to the slim and lightweight Oral B 1000’s handle
- Philips Sonicare can remove up to 2 times plaque compared to 300% by Pro 1000 electric toothbrush when compared to the manual toothbrush
- Sonicare brush turns itself off automatically after two minutes cleaning time while with Oral B you have to do it manually
- Philips Sonicare Essence comes in blue and pink while pro-1000 comes in black, white and green colour to choose from.
- They both use Nickel Metal Hydride battery; however while that of Philips Sonicare Essence last up to 2 weeks time that of Oral B Pro 1000 lasts only, in one week time.
- Oral B Pro 1000features a built-in pressure sensor that alerts you when you brush hard, essence lack this feature
- Sonicare brush heads look similar to manual brushes and most customers find this comfortable when in use while Oral B features small round brush head for the tooth to tooth cleaning experience
- On the price side, Philips Sonicare Essence is much cheaper than Oral B 1000
- Check, Oral B Pro 1000 Vs 1500.
- They both have one basic brushing mode: Clean/daily clean. They lack whitening, tongue cleaning, gum care, sensitive, and deep cleaning modes when compared to the top-end Oral B and Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes
- No Bluetooth connectivity on both of them. Bluetooth enables you to connect your toothbrush with brands app for keeping track of your daily cleaning habit and getting real-time feedback on how you brush your teeth and how to do it better. But these 2 low-end toothbrushes lack this important feature.
- You get one brush head on both of them. And on the case of Philips Sonicare Essence you are limited to buying only e-series brush head that screw on and off the handle compared to pro-1000 that is compatible with most of the Oral B brush heads: sensitive, whitening, gum care and more.
- Both of them are noisier than other Sonicare models
- They all come with a charging station that works on 110-120v and both lack travel case
- Both Philips Sonicare and Oral B offers 2 years warranty for peace of mind
- You can use any of them on the shower but you are advised against submerging them on water.
Which is Better, Oral B 1000 or Sonicare Essence?
If you are looking for a functional affordable toothbrush then the Oral B Pro 1000 power rechargeable electric toothbrush is the one to go for. It has a pressure sensor, and a timer with quadrapacer, important features for fighting against gum recession and tooth decay.
The pressure sensor will slow down the brushing speed when noticed that you are brushing your teeth too hard. When you reduce the pressure the brush will recover its speed automatically.
The two-minute timer, on the other hand, will help you to brush at dentist-recommended 2 minutes time. And the pacer with its buzzing sound will alert you after every 30 seconds to move into brushing another mouth area until all 4 mouth section are covered. See how it compares with the 3000 model in our Oral B Pro 1000 vs 3000.
However, if you on budget and you just want to experience what cleaning with the electric toothbrush look like or just have a better experience than using manual toothbrush then Philips Sonicare Essence rechargeable electric toothbrush still a good option to go for.