Oral B 1000 vs 3000 vs 5000? Both Oral B Pro 1000, 3000 and 5000 come with two-minute timer with quadrapacer , a pressure sensor and use Nitrogen Hydride metal battery that when fully charged can go up to 7 to 10 days. However, while the Oral-B 1000 pressure sensor is invisible, that of 3000 and 5000 is visible, lights up red when you brush too hard. That of 1000 model only slows down the brush speed as a means to alert you to be gentle to your teeth and gums.
Oral B 1000 vs 3000 vs 5000
Another difference between Oral B 1000, 3000 and 5000 is on Bluetooth connectivity, whereby both Oral-B 5000 and 3000 are Bluetooth enabled to help you connect the toothbrush to the Oral B app for getting real-time feedback and coaching on how to brush better; the 1000 model, however, lack this feature.
There is also a number of cleaning modes differences whereby, the Oral-B 5000 features 5 modes (daily clean, sensitive, gum care, deep clean and whitening) to cater for all your cleaning needs including sensitive teeth and bleeding gums, the 3000 3000 has 3 (daily clean, sensitive and gum care) and 1000 has one mode only, the daily clean.
Of the three, the 1000 model is cheaper than the 3000 and 5000 models.
Key Difference between Oral-B Pro 1000 and Pro 3000
The Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity has superior features than Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush namely: more cleaning modes, more brush heads, connection to blue tooth app and a better casing. However when it comes to the core function of cleaning your teeth. Pro 1000 is just as good in removing plaque and cleaning under your gums and more cheaper than the 3000.
It has slightly fewer pulsations than 3000 but it is still effective in keeping your teeth clean. Considering the low price point of the Oral B Pro 1000, it still provides good value for money compared to Pro 3000. However to be more effective in your oral care regime, 3000 scores high. Here below is a more elaborate analysis.
The Oral B Pro 1000 has just one brushing mode, the Daily Clean Mode. The Oral-B 3000 Smartseries has three modes; Daily Clean, Sensitive and Gum Care.
- The Pro 1000 package comes with a charging station, a toothbrush handle and a brush head for precision cleaning. The Oral B 3000’s package comes with a brush head for precision cleaning, a charging station with a storage box for four brush heads and a brush handle.
- The Pro 1000 is packaged with the CrissCross style brush head for plaque removal while the Pro 3000 is supplied with the 3D White brush head specialized for whitening.
- The Pro 3000 has a visible pressure sensor that alerts you when you are brushing too hard. The pressure indicator is a red LED light at the back of the toothbrush handle. The Pro 1000 has a pressure sensor too but stops oscillations in case you are brushing too hard.
- The motor on the Pro 3000 delivers a bit more power through the number of pulsations per minute. It makes 40,000 pulsations per minute while the Pro 1000 makes 20,000 pulsations per minute.
- The Pro 3000 is Bluetooth enabled, allowing a connection between the brush and your iOS or Android device via an app. This feature improves the functionality of this model, as the app is a real-time guide that provides tips, tricks and more features like calendar integration. The Pro 1000 is not Bluetooth enabled.
- The Pro 1000 comes in a glossy, white plastic body with a rubber panel that is mounted on the front and runs down the back of the handle. This rubber on the 1000 model is usually either black or baby blue in color. The design is pretty much the same on the Pro 3000, but it comes in either all white or royal blue.
There is also a price difference, with the Pro 3000 being pricier than the Pro 1000 .
- Both the Pro 1000 and the Pro 3000 come with one handle each.
- Both have inbuilt timers to allocate enough time to clean each of the four quadrants of your mouth within the recommended 2 minutes. You will get alerts at 30-second intervals to know when to change to another quadrant.
- They both come with a small, round brush head that surrounds each tooth for better cleaning across the teeth.
- Both models have a pressure sensor that stops oscillations when you are brushing too hard.
- They are both rechargeable, with a battery life of 7 days.
- Both have powerful motors that make +8,800 oscillations per minute.
- They both have a similar design and are the same weight and size.
- They both provide superior and more efficient cleaning compared to a manual toothbrush.
- They both come with a 2 year warranty.
- They use the same charging station.
- Neither of them comes with a travel case or a travel charger.
Oral B 3000 Review
The Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity is the most recommended electric toothbrush just like the top Oral B and Sonicare models. It is also quite suitable for people with sensitive teeth because it features a sensitive mode that operates at a lower speed for cleaning your teeth and gums gently.
It, however, lacks the deep clean, tongue cleaner, and the premium travel accessory.
But, does the 3000 tick all the boxes of versatility, effectiveness, and reliability? Does it actually perform as it promises on the tin?
There is only one way to find out. Scrutinize the product description and analyze feedback from users of the Pro 3000 in addition to seeking the opinion of industry experts.
Oral B Pro 3000 Product Description:
The Oral-B Pro 3000 electric toothbrush is clinically proven to be a far more superior way to clean your teeth than a normal manual toothbrush. The 3000 removes 100% more plaque than manual toothbrush can achieve Dentists recommended that you should brush your teeth for at least two minutes. Most people can hardly sustain brushing their teeth for a minute. An electric toothbrush overcomes this barrier because it is electrically set to brush for at least two minutes.
- Oral B 3000 is a quality brush that has 3D capabilities. It clears 97% of plaque in hard to reach places due to its 3D functionality. The 3D basically refers to the ability of the oral b 3000 pro to pulsate and rotate at the same time (simultaneously) for an all round clean.
- Helps you steer clear of gingivitis. Indeed it can reverse the effect of gingivitis if your teeth are already affected. As a bonus, the oral-b pro 3000 whitens your teeth naturally in a span of 21 days.
- Good for sensitive teeth because it has a pressure sensor that will sense whenever you brush too hard so that you can adjust the setting to reduce sensitivity.
- It is powered by a battery that cans last seven days when fully charged.
- Has a charger base that can hold up to four brush-heads such that all members of the family can use one electric toothbrush but with different respective brush heads. This can you save money you could have spent on buying new electric toothbrushes for all the members of the family.
- Comes with a reassuring 60-day return policy and two years guarantee.
As you can see, there is a lot riding on this toothbrush. Oral B is the number one most recommended toothbrush by dentists worldwide. We believe that the Oral B is good value for money because it will increase your teeth cleaning regime and not only improve the overall health and hygiene of your teeth but also whiten them for that radiant smile that will effortlessly improve your confidence.
- The charger base can be a little cumbersome to position especially if you have a small washroom. It can, however, contain four brush heads as pointed out above.
- You only get one brush head when you buy the Oral-B 3000. You would have loved to get a number of brush heads to last you for a while before you start thinking of replacement brush heads.
Overall Look and Key Features:
The Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity comes in beautiful slick blue and white colors. It is one of the best electric toothbrushes in the world. It comes in three different operation modes:
- Sensitive (gum care),
- Whitening and
- Daily clean.
So what differentiates the customised modes of brushing? The key difference between the operation modes of the Oral-B 3000 Professional Care is that:
- The gum care has a massage functionality that gently stimulates gums while the sensitive function enables the Oral B Braun 3000 to run at a slightly slower oscillation rate to soothingly clean sensitive gums and teeth. Needless to say that the sensitive operational mode is quite perfect for people with sensitive teeth.
- The daily clean is where all the works happen. It features a pressure sensor that alerts you if you are cleaning too hard. It also has the 3D tilted movement of angled bristles for a proper clean. The 3D cleaning is independently been proved to reduce gingivitis by 20%.
- The Whitening functionality whitens your teeth by several sheds. This happens with continuous use to give your teeth a radiant white look and feel for that confident smile you deserve. Your teeth will be at least a shed whiter after only 21 days.
This power toothbrush is one of the best electric toothbrushes for sensitive gums. So if you have sensitive teeth, this is the brush for you. It has bristles that fade off to indicate that the brush is due for replacement. And, unlike other electric toothbrushes; this brush employs pulsating technology which breaks down plaque more effectively. The rotating and oscillation movement coupled with so many strokes provides a complete deep clean that that removes all residues. Check its user guide here.
- The Oral-B Pro 3000 is quite powerful because it pulsates at 40,000 strokes that oscillate at over 8800 motions per minutes. This is sure to effectively dismantle any etched in plaque.
- The Pro 3000 also has a waterproof handle that also displays the charge level.
- Regulates the pressure at which you are brushing. It does this by using the pressure sensor. In case you are brushing too hard, the visible pressure sensor will notify you that you are exerting too much pressure so that you can regulate the pulsation to protect your gums. This is good for sensitive teeth.
- Operates on a rechargeable battery that can power the brush for up to two weeks when fully charged. The charger includes a smart plug while the brush head has cross action functionality.
- It has a timer that buzzes in the frequency of thirty seconds to alert you when to move to the other quadrant in your dental structure. This time will also buzz when you have brushed up to the dentist recommended time of two minutes.
- Comes with a plug-in stand for charging your best electric toothbrush. This charging stand can hold four brush heads as already mentioned. This is clear evidence of the versatility of the Oral-B Professional Care 3000 Power Toothbrush.
Cross Action Brush Head:
The 3000 Cross Action brush head means that the whole tooth will be thoroughly brushed because the bristles cover every part of the tooth. The crisscross soft bristles tilt at an angle of 16 degrees and also have a 3D component that oscillates and pulsates for a proper deep clean. This capability alone enables the toothbrush to dismantle up to 97% of plaque from those tricky places that a manual toothbrush will not reach.
When you buy your Oral-B Pro 3000 this is what you will get in the box.
- One crossAction brush head
- One professional Oral B handle
- One charger
The good thing about the Braun 3000 Electric Toothbrush that places it squarely in the league of top electric toothbrushes in the world is that you can replace the head with practically any brush head because it is compatible with almost all electronic toothbrushes manufactured by Oral B. There is no doubt that top electric toothbrushes are produced by Oral B. This means you can go for the brush that actually fits your needs. You can use the Oral B Pro with any of the following brush heads:
- Precision clean
- Dual Clean
- Power Tip
- Floss Action
- Deep Sweep and
You might be asking, yeah, this Oral-B Professional Care 3000 has all these cool features but what do they actually mean to me, what is for me in there? Well, there is a reason why the oral b toothbrush 3000 is one of the top-selling electric toothbrushes. Here is a sample of why it is considered a top toothbrush in the dental care industry.
Why Is It the Top Selling Toothbrush?
Has features that are recommended by dentists because they keep your teeth and gums in ship-shape condition. For instance, the sensor lets you know when you are brushing hard so as to adjust your brushing. Brushing too hard may agitate your gums and damage them as a consequence.
- The 30 seconds reminder enables you to brush your teeth evenly because it will indicate to you when to move to the next quadrant so that you don’t spend more time on one quadrant of at the expense of the other.
- The sensor ensures that you are brushing at optimum conditions for a good deep clean. The overall result of all this is that your teeth will be healthy and even several shades whiter. This will increase your self-confidence due to the radiance of your smile and also save you from visiting the dentist frequently.
- Its charger is quite good especially for people who travel a lot because it has a wide voltage range of 220-240 that is usually used in most countries in the world.
- Oscillates at a higher speed than any manual brush. All these multiple rotations easily break plaque and any other dirt on the teeth far much better than manual toothbrushes will ever be able to match.
The oral b 3000 pro is the most affordable of all oral b brushes for sensitive teeth because it has the ability to slow down the speed of oscillation for a gentler cleaning session.
Is the Oral B Pro 3000 Worth It?
As you have seen, Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity ticks all the boxes of reliability, effectiveness and versatility. You can rely on it to reverse or prevent gingivitis.
You can rely on it to give your teeth a proper clean to the required dentist specification of two minutes. It is effective. With the Pro 3000 electric toothbrush, you will effectively clean every quadrant of your dental structure.
The device reminds you when the brush heads are due to be replaced so that you can replace them with effective deep cleaning.
The Oral B Professional Care 3000 also whitens your teeth in just 21 days of continuous daily use for that confident smile that will give you a feel-good factor. Regarding versatility, it can be used for both sensitive teeth and normal daily clean.
You can also use different brush heads by the same manufacturer. This gives a wide choice and an opportunity to go for what works for you.
Different people can also use one Braun care 3000 electric toothbrushes provided you use different brush heads. The Oral-B 3000 is quite gentle on your gums and will enhance your overall dental care.
There are no two ways about it, if you are looking for a way to clean sensitive teeth and you do not want to spend on more pricey electric toothbrushes, this is the real deal for you.
Buy with confidence; you really have nothing to lose because this Oral-B 3000 comes with a 60-day return policy and a two-year guarantee. How about that for confidence? You cannot go wrong with this.
Oral B 1000 Review
The Oral B Pro 1000 electric rechargeable toothbrush is the #1 most recommended, top rated, best selling, cheap electric toothbrush. It comes in two distinct colors-black and white.
There is no difference in the mechanism of the Oral B black Pro1000 and Oral B Pro 3000 3d white, they are essentially the same toothbrush in different colours. If you just need to clean your teeth and not worry about other add-ons this is the toothbrush to have.
Just like the other Oral B Electric Toothbrushes; the Oral B pro-1000 electric toothbrush has superior cleaning power than the manual toothbrush.
- The 1000 comes fitted professionally cross-action design: CrossAction simply means the brush bristles are angled in such a way that they easily reach all the hard to reach areas in your mouth.
- It is compatible with almost all Oral-B electric rechargeable brush-heads except the battery refills and the pulmonic. This means you can use any brush head including those by high-end brushes like those of 7000 or 5000smart series.
- It comes with a helpful timer that buzzes every thirty seconds to alert you when it comes to focusing on brushing off the next quadrant of the mouth.
- Has a pressure sensor that allows you to a better and a more gentle clean. This is because every other time you brush too hard you harm your teeth. The sensor is necessary to allow you to brush your teeth gently. The sensor detects whenever you are brushing too hard and stops the pulsating. This helps to protect your gums.
- When fully charged, this Oral B professional care can last up to seven days while being regularly used
Disadvantages: A few customers have complained that: The battery does not last long as other high-end Philips Sonicare toothbrushes.
Key Features and Specifications of the Pro 1000:
Here is what you get when you buy the Oral B Pro 1000 electric toothbrush:
- A 2-minute timer pulse that alerts you every 30 seconds to move to the next quadrant of your mouth, thus prompting you to clean effectively all-round. This ensures the best mouth cleaning results.
- You get 3D cleaning function that rotates, sweeps side to side and also pulsates to remove and break up to 100% more plaque that the normal manual toothbrushes.
- It has a triple cleaning action with three bristle zones on its head but still looks like a standard manual toothbrush. This is meant to clean better than one due to its powerful sweeping motion.
- Its 3D cleaning action rotates, pulsates and oscillates allowing it to remove and break up to 100% more plaque than most manual toothbrushes.
Oral B 1000 is compatible with the following Braun oral b brush-heads (Cross action, Ortho, Power tip, Dual Clean, Sensitive, Precision clean, Pro-white, Floss action and Deep+ sweep) This means that with one Braun professional care electric toothbrush, you can use the 9 different functionalities offered by the different types of brush-head. These are the same brush heads that even high products like the Oral B 5000 have. It is because of these different brush-heads that can fit into any Oral B electric toothbrush. You can download the 1000 user manual here
Should You Buy Oral B 1000?Check the latest Oral-B Pro 1000 price here on Amazon.
Yes, Why. This Oral B electric toothbrush will no doubt improve your oral hygiene. You get to use compatible brush head that is also used in high-end products.
Oral B Pro 1000 vs 3000 Black Friday 2019
- Get 47% Off Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity, White Edition, Powered by Braun
- Get 47% Off Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity, Black Edition, Powered by Braun
- Get 40% Off Oral-B White Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Powered by Braun
- Get 40% Off Oral-B Black Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Powered by Braun
- Get 50% Off Oral-B Pro 1000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush, Pink, Powered by Braun
- Get $10 Off coupon on Oral-B Pro 1500 CrossAction Electric Power Rechargeable Battery Toothbrush, Powered by Braun
Which is Better, Oral B Pro 1000, 3000 or 5000?
In conclusion, either of these brushes could be the right pick for you. The Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush could be best suited for people who are transitioning from the regular manual brush to an electric brush. Check Oral B 1000 vs 1500.
Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity could be more suited for users who are already familiar with the electric brush and are looking for more features, or users with sensitive teeth. Either way, both will do a great job of keeping your teeth clean and healthy.