Oral B Pro 1000 Vs 1500? What differentiates Oral B Pro 1000 from the Oral B 1500 is not only the battery replacement but also the addition of the visible pressure sensor that alert you when brushing hard and the extra cleaning mode which justifies price increase. Check also, Oral B 1000 vs 2000.
Let us discuss these features one by one.
Battery life is one of the key factors that sets Sonicare toothbrushes apart from Oral B’ (Check Oral B vs Sonicare electric toothbrush) and so is the Oral B 1500 from the 1000 model. Old Oral B electric toothbrushes like Oral B Pro 1000 use ‘Nickel Metal Hydride battery’ that last 7 days, however, the Oral B Pro 1500 same as new and other upgraded Oral B models uses ‘Lithium-ion battery’. The Lithium-ion battery when fully charged, it lasts up to 14 days, brushing twice a day.
Visible Pressure Sensor
As you already know brushing hard destroys tooth enamel exposing it to sensitivity and tooth decay. To help you brush your teeth gently Oral B 1500 comes with a visible pressure sensor on its handle that alerts you every time you brush hard by glowing red. Oral B electric toothbrush 1000 has an inbuilt non-invisible pressure sensor that makes the brush to slow when detects that you are brushing hard. This means that you will need to be sensitive on how your 1000 model behaves when using it.
Extra Cleaning Mode
When comes to the cleaning modes, the Oral B 1000 comes with the default daily cleaning mode which is what is need for general daily teeth brushing however, the Oral B 1500 with not only the daily clean but also the sensitive mode. Sensitive cleaning mode becomes handy when your teeth are in pain, feeling sensitive to cold or hot food and drinks.
When comes to price, the 1000 model is cheaper than the 1500 and apart from that while the Oral B 1000 comes in black and white colour selection, the 1500 model, on the other hand, comes in white colour only.
Apart from the mentioned difference above, these two Oral B electric toothbrushes have some common things including 2 minutes built-in timer and 30-second Quadra-pacer, one brush head (cross-action), a charging station and 2-year warranty.
They both lack a travel case.
Oral B Pro 1500 Review
The 1500 model comes with:
- An improved battery life, upgraded from Nickel Metal Hydride of the 1000 model that lasts in 7 days to Lithium-ion battery that goes up to 14 days, using it twice a day. The battery flashed green when charging and red when the battery is low
- Additional cleaning mode, you get sensitive mode on top of the default daily cleaning mode
- Visible pressure sensor to alert you when brushing too hard. It lights up red and reduces brushing speed when detects you brushing hard. It goes back to full speed when you start brushing gently.
- A two-minute timer and 30 seconds pacer to help you brush at 2 minutes recommended brushing time by dentists. A pacer reminds you to move from brushing one mouth section to another until all 4 mouth sections are covered. After 2 minutes you will need to turn the brush off manually, it does not do it automatically.
- A charging station, it needs to 15 hours charging to fully charged and last for 2 weeks time
- A seal of approval from the American Dental Association, ADA
- One brush head cross-action, you can buy extra if you want ranging from floss action, 3D White, sensitive, deep sweep and or precision clean brush heads, use it and see which one you like the most. You need to replace your used brush heads after every 3 month time to keep your teeth free from accumulated brush head germs. When the bristles turn into pale blue or white, know it is time to change the brush head
- Round small brush head which makes it better for people with smallmouth when compared to using Sonicare brushes
- Waterproof handle meaning you can rinse it and use it on shower safely but you are advised not to submerge it on water.
- Same as other Oral B toothbrushes, you also get 2-year warranty and a user manual
- No Bluetooth enabled
- No travel case same as the 1000 model
- No more than one colour to choose comes only in white colour.
- In case of travelling and want to continue using it, you will need to buy a voltage and plug-in adapter
Oral B 1000 Vs 1500, Which Is Better?
This depends highly on your need and budget, which you want a cheaper option, Oral B 1000 is better but, if you want a feature-rich toothbrush with long-lasting battery, visible pressure sensor and an extra cleaning mode then definitely Oral B 1500 is better over the 1000 model. Alternativelly, check Oral B Pro 1000 vs 3000 and or Oral B Pro 1000 vs Philips Sonicare Protectiveclean 4100.