Oral B Genius X Luxe 10000 and Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750 are the latest best electric toothbrushes in the market today. Oral B Genius X Luxe is an upgrade of the Oral B Genius 9600. Its cool addition is the use of artificial intelligence that learns your brushing habits and suggests the missed areas. No any other electric toothbrush uses this technology yet apart from Oral B Genius X models. The Sonicare 9750, on the other hand, is an improved version of the Diamondclean 9700 model with addition to a brush heads storage unit and reduced brush heads number (4 compared to 8 of 9700 model).
And here are their key differences and similarities based on their key features and price differences. For more check Oral B vs Sonicare.
In terms of colour selection, whereas Sonicare 9750 comes in one colour option only, lunar blue, Luxe 10000 offers 6 colour options: orchid purple, rose gold, sakura pink, black, white and anthracite black.
These two electric toothbrushes are having more less the same number of modes: daily clean, whitening, deep clean (pro-clean), gum healthy (care), and tongue cleaning. However, Oral B Genius X has one more addition, sensitive mode.
And whereas the Oral B X 10000 shows modes icons on its handle, The Diamondclean Smart shows modes names so you don’t have to worry remembering which icons represent what.
Apart from that, the modes on the Sonicare Diamondclean Smart are accompanied by three cleaning intensities: high, medium and low to give you full control over the brushing speed you want and you can set which mode you want before switching on the toothbrush. Choose lower settings when cleaning sensitive areas.
And the best part the 9750 will pair up the brush head with the cleaning mode and cleaning intensity, just insert the brush head and it will set which cleaning mode to use automatically.
However, for Oral B, you have to switch on the brush first before selecting the cleaning mode and, base your brushing on pre-set speeds; no cleaning intensities to choose or pairing feature when compared to Sonicare Diamondclean.
Automatic Power Off
Sonicare 9750 switches itself off at the end of each cleaning cycle. This can be so annoying to some of the users who want to brush their teeth for a bit more. And if you have to switch it on again, you have to set the cleaning mode afresh and even the Bluetooth start recording a new session. But in cases of Oral B Luxe, you switch off your brush manually after finishing brushing.
While the Sonicare 9750 comes with 4 brush heads (premium plaque control, gum care, whitening and tongue care plus tongue brush), the Oral B Genius X Luxe 10000 come with 7 (2 cross-action, 1 whitening, 2 floss-action, and 2 gum care).
It is recommended to change the used brush head every three months. Sonicare makes this easy for you through ‘BrushSync technology’. This is an inbuilt-in technology in the 9750 models and other latest Sonicare Diamondclean models that has the ability to learn your toothbrush usage and remind you to change the brush head on time through shining amber light on its handle. Brush heads usage data are also stored on the Sonicare Smartphone app to help check it and order replacements heads on time. Oral B Luxe lacks this feature.
Brushing too hard is one of the main causes of receding gum diseases. Pressure sensor helps you overcome this by alerting you every time you brush hard. The Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750 alert you through shining purple light on the base of its handle while Oral B Genius X do so by illuminating a red light on top of its brush handle.
The Oral B brush is also equipped with a ‘gum guard technology’ that detects when you apply too much pressure on your teeth. It slows down the electric toothbrush as a means to alert you to brush gently.
Basically what you are supposed to do with the electric toothbrush is just to guide it where to clean and let it do its job. You are advised against scrubbing or applying any manual efforts as doing so cause damage to both your teeth and gums.
Apart from that, you need to activate the Oral B pressure sensor otherwise it will just apply any of the 12 colours set on its LED light SmartRing.
Other Deciding Factors
- Battery life. Both toothbrushes use a built-in Lithium-ion battery. But, whereas, that of Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750 lasts for up to 3 weeks time, that of Oral B Genius Luxe last only in two weeks time
- Charging stand: While the Sonicare Diamondclean comes with a glass charger, Genius X comes with a normal electric toothbrush charging stand.
- Travel case: They both come with a USB charger for charging your brush on go. 9750 case is of leather material while that of Genius X is made up of silicone material. You get a global adapter to use with Oral B Genius X Luxe when abroad.
- Auto-detection feature: The Sonicare 9750 will auto-detect which cleaning mode and intensity to use according to the attached brush head type. While the [amazon_textlink asin=’B07TWBYDB1′ text=’Oral B 10000′ template=’ProductLink’ store=’dentalraveus-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’25ae7d18-d372-40cf-a24d-9613ceaf992f’] like all other Genius models will auto-detect which area you are brushing and suggest how to clean it better.
- They both clean better than a manual toothbrush
- All come with a 2-minute timer and pacer
- Both have Bluetooth connectivity and mobile app to guide and help to perfect your brushing.
Which Is Better, Oral B Genius X Luxe 10000 or Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750?
Based on the main differences discussed above, in terms of functionality, Oral B Genius X Luxe 10000 is the best. Its cool Artificial intelligence System that reminds you where you have forgotten to clean accompanied with ‘gum guard technology’ that slows down the brush when you brush hard, makes this the best electric toothbrush to have for improving general oral health. And the best part this Oral B Luxe is cheaper than theSonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750. See their current prices on Amazon below.