Oral B Genius X vs 9600 Review: Here is a detailed review and comparative analysis of the Oral B Genius X and 9600. Check also, Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600 Review.
Oral B Genius X vs 9600Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush is also known as the Oral B Genius 10000 employs the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI), the new buzz in technology. Following a string of experiments, the toothbrush is fitted with AI software that tracks how you brush your teeth. It will remind you where you have missed. Research shows that the main cause of tooth decays and most oral complications.
It also has gum guard technology which when combined with the Oral B app gives you feedback to enhance the oral health of your teeth and gums. This feedback is invaluable because it highlights areas you miss and where you need to focus on in your brushing.
Key Benefits of the Oral B Genius X 10,000
- Detect areas where you miss when brushing without the hassle of using a phone camera thanks to AI (Artificial Intelligence).
- It comes fully equipped with gum guard technology (It intuitively senses when you are brushing too hard and automatically slows down the intensity and also alerts you to stop brushing hard. Brushing too hard is a common cause of damaged gums).
- It is the first toothbrush in the whole toothbrush industry to use Artificial Intelligence to coach you in brushing effectively. AI is the trending technology that even Google uses.
- You get a score on how well you brush. This slowly but surely makes you brush better and take good care of your teeth. It gives you details like how hard you brush, which areas you have missed, how long you brush.
- Unlike old Oral B models, Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush has a long-lasting battery that can last up to 14 days after a full charge.
- It comes with a smart USB travelling case that you can use on the go. The convenience of charging using your phones makes it easy to carry your brush wherever you go without thinking too much.
- Like most other models by this manufacturer, this toothbrush gives you 100% plaque removal when compared to using a manual toothbrush.
- The pressure sensor is both audible and visual. It also comes in different colours so that you can choose the colour you like.
- The feedback given does not condense the data with graphics, illustrations and charts which would be more visual and easy to digest when improving your oral health.
- The brush handle only has 5 cleaning modes highlighted in spite of there being 6 cleaning modes.
- DiamondClean Smart looks and feels sleeker than the Oral B 10000.
Deciding on the Oral B Genius X
If you are looking for a feature-packed toothbrush, then Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush is for you because there is no better techie toothbrush in the market at the moment than this. All this is thanks to the use of AI (Artificial Intelligence), a concept that is revolutionising the way we apply technology. Ai can literary second guess the actions you take on your teeth when brushing and would remind you of any zones you have missed.
- The Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush comes close to the X, the only thing it lacks is the AI. You could go for this because it gives lots of features but on a considerably cheaper price to the X.
- However, if you are not keen on features but are looking for a decent electric toothbrush with Bluetooth, we recommend the Oral B 6000. With this, you can still connect to the App for all fun activities. It is medium priced but still a top brush to enhance your oral health.
- In case you are looking for a decent toothbrush with core functionalities and essential feature then the 3000 will be a good fit for you.
Genius X 10000 Review
- Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush was released on September 2019 and is primed to cost around $ 279 in the USA or £ 220 in the UK. However, you can get it on Amazon because they hit the shelves a few days before Prime Day.
- The X is Oral-B’s attempt to stay ahead of its competitors in regard to new features in their toothbrushes. They are the first to have pressure sensors on their models, a feature that is now also present in their main competitors, Sonicare.
- Bluetooth connectivity was also first mooted by Oral B to help users to brush better, then this was complemented with position detection. Position detection is the main feature that defines Genius models. Both Genius 8000, 9000, 9600 have position detection functionality. In this feature, ou mount your mobile phone on the wall then use the phone camera in conjunction with Bluetooth and the App as an intrinsic mirror to show you how well you are brushing.
- All this is well and good but the idea of mounting your phone and using its camera is quite honestly cumbersome and in most cases not practical. Most of us brush teeth as a quick morning routine and in most cases under pressure of time to get ready as quickly as you can to start your day. In such situations, there is no time to mount your phone on the wall. There is also the inconvenience of handling your phone with water which may damage your phone.
- This is the feedback the manufacturer factored in designing the X that has AI. With X, there is no need to use your phone camera or mount your phone on the wall but an algorithm is used to determine which areas you have missed.
Oral B Genius 9600 VS X 10,000
In essence, the Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush and 9600 is the same toothbrush but with a major improvement in the form of AI.
However, below are some of the differences between these two?
The Genius X has four variants: The difference markers are mainly colour variations, accessories included in the box and the handles.
Genius X Black :
This comes with a travel case that is black in colour. They also have one CrossAction brush head and as you can tell from its name, it is black in colour.
Genius X 10,000 Rose-Gold:
It comes with Sensi Ultrathin brush head that is usually used for sensitive teeth. The travelling case is White in colour. The handle of the brush is Rose-Gold in colour.
Genius Oral B X Luxe Edition (Anthracite Grey):
The Luxe has an embossed textured black surface. The brush handle is Greyish in colour and comes with four sensitive brush heads (CrossAction).
Oral B Genius X Luxe Edition (Rose Gold)
The Luxe Rose-Gold has a white travelling case while the brush handle is Rose-gold in colour. You get seven brush heads in the box.
Of course, you get a charging base with all the colour variants. The charger is usually white in colour.
- Other standard features are 360 LED lit Smart Ring that is used to alert you whenever you brush too hard (Pressure sensor), when you need to move from one section to the other and when you have hit the recommended two minutes of brushing.
- 6 cleaning modes (Whitening, Daily clean, sensitive, Tongue cleaner, Gum care and Pro-clean).These are highlighted on the brush handle when you engage them.
- Oral B trademark round brush that employs the 3D technique (Pulsation, Rotation and oscillation).
- An in-built battery that can last up to fourteen days after a single charge.
Key differences between Oral B Genius X vs. 9600
- The Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush uses position detection using the front camera of the mobile phone. While the Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush features position detection but uses Artificial intelligence to detect areas and zones you are not brushing well.
- The 9600 comes with 4 different brush head (FlossAction, CrossAction, Sensitive and 3D White) while the X with similar brush head, for example, the Luxe Grey model comes with 4 CrossAction brush heads while the Luxe Rose-Gold comes with 4 Sensitive brush heads.
- The 9600 has a Smartphone holder for mounting your face facing the camera while the X doest have a phone mount because you don’t need it, instead you use AI in conjunction with Bluetooth connectivity and the Oral B App.
- The 9600 has six colour variations while the Genius X has 4 colour variations.
- The 9600 comes with brush head storage. This is not included in the X accessories.
- The 9600 has a visible pressure sensor that is triggered by the 360 LED lit Smart ring. It has 12 colours that can be customised to your liking. Similarly, the X has a visual pressure sensor too that is based on the Smart ring.
- The 9600 has a timer to let you know when you need to from one quadrant to the other. So does the X. All other Genius X features apart from the AI position detection are similar to Previous Genius models.
- Check Oral B Genius 9600 vs Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9700 and or Oral B Genius X Luxe 10000 Vs Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750.
Genius X is a proper premium toothbrush that will enhance your teeth brushing experience. The AI technology gives you feedback on where you need to improve while the App can store data for 30 days which can be used to improve your oral health. No doubt this is the most technologically advanced brush that you buy at the moment. There is not much difference between Genius X and Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush apart from the idea of detecting your brush movement without using a mounted phone camera. Get the Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush at a discounted price here.
- Get 50% off Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- Get 50% Off Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity, Rose Gold, Powered by Braun
- Get 50% off Oral-B 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity, Sakura Pink
- Get 50% off Oral-B 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity, White
- Get $30 Off Oral-B GENIUS X LUXE Electric Toothbrush With 7 Oral-B Replacement Brush Heads & Toothbrush Case, Anthracite Black
- Get $30 Off Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush With 3 Oral-B Replacement Brush Heads & Toothbrush Case, White,1 Count
- Get $30 Off Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush, 3 Brush Heads, Powered By Braun, White
- Get $30 Off Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush, 3 Brush Heads, Black, Powered by Braun
- Get $30 Off Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush, 3 Brush Heads, Powered by Braun, Orchid Purple
Oral B Genius 9600 vs Genius X (10,000) review: To see how Oral B compares with Sonicare, check our dedicated Oral B vs Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush.