The difference between Oral B Genius 8000 and Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300 is mainly on the number of the brushing modes, battery life, look and feel and some few add-ons as discussed below.
According to Oral B, the new Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush is their most highly developed toothbrush yet and now there is Genius X 10000 MODEL. DiamondClean Smart series is also is arguably the most prestigious Philips Sonicare toothbrush so far.
Table of Contents
Difference between Oral B Genius 8000 and Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300
Genius 8000 modes are :daily clean, sensitive, gum care, deep clean, whitening and tongue cleaning), while the Diamondclean 9300 has clean, gum care, whitening and deep clean, lacking a tongue care mode .
However, the Smart 9300 model is equipped with 3 cleaning intensities (low, mid and high) to give you control over the brushing speed. Genius 8000 has no intensities.
Use 9300 low setting in case of brushing sensitive teeth.
Additionally, the Diamondclean Smart 9300 has a micro-chip fitted on the brush head that intuitively pairs the brush head with the most appropriate cleaning mode for ultimate results. This not only makes it convenient to use (no guesswork) but also maximizes the potential of every tooth cleaning session. This ultimately means better cleaning results for you. With 8000 Genius, you have to do this manually.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300 has a longer battery life than the Oral B Genius 8000.
Apart from that, they both come with a charger. However, with the Diamondclean Smart 9300 model, you get a glass charger while the Genius Pro 8000 model comes with a USB charger where you can charge both your Smartphone and brush at the same time. The Oral B Genius 8000 has 2 chargers, a standard charger that supports 110-130v and a USB travel case that comes with a global power adaptor that supports 220v/240v; the Smart 9300, on the other hand, supports 110 220 voltage.
You can use both of these electric toothbrushes for local and international use.
Look and Feel
The Smart 9300 is also quite elegant in look and feel when compared to the Oral B Genius 8000 that has a seamless matte finish that is sleek. Oral B Genius has both rubber and matte finish, the rubber can be hard to maintain and may become grubby if neglected.
In terms of colour options, whereas the Diamondclean 9300 model comes in six different colours (Black, white, rose-gold, grey and pink) while the Pro Genius 8000 comes in 5 colours: black, white, rose gold, sakura pink and orchid purple.
- Both these toothbrushes match each other on key areas like coaching you how to clean your teeth better, reminding you to re-do areas or zones of the mouth you might have missed,
- They both are Bluetooth enabled helping you to connect your brush with the brand app to get real time feedback on how you brush your teeth and gums and how to do it better
- They both come with at least three brush heads. The 8000 models include a brush head storage unit for up to 4 brush heads, while, the 9300 lack this
- Both come with 2 minute timer with quadrapacer and a visible pressure sensor. You can customize the 8000 pressure sensor to light up any colour you want out of the 12 colours set.
- Both come with a travel case, that of 8000 model is a USB travel case enabling you to charge your phone and brush at the same time while that of 9300 is just a standard travelling case capable of holding a handle and 2 brush heads
- 2 years warranty
- For general info on how Oral B compares to Philips Sonicare, check our detailed page on, Oral B vs Sonicare electric toothbrush.
Which is Better, Oral B Genius 8000 or Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300?
If you don’t mind paying a premium price and are just looking for the best electric toothbrush on the market then go for Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9300 with Bluetooth connectivity and App. It is simply one of the very best there is on the market. However, if you want to save 50 dollars and still get a comparatively high specs toothbrush at the top end of the market then Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush is for you.
Last update on 2022-12-05 at 15:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API