Let us compare Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 vs Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart . According to Oral B the new Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush is their most highly developed toothbrush yet.
As we all know the Philips Sonicare and Oral B are the key players in the electric toothbrush industry.
They are always head to head with each other in producing the best electric toothbrush in the market as already discussed in our Oral B vs Sonicare.
Oral B was the first to design a brush that connects to a smartphone app via Bluetooth connectivity. Sonicare did not waste time; they came up with Sonicare Flexcare Platinum connected that uses blue tooth connectivity to aid users in improving their teeth cleaning skills.
However, the flagship DiamondClean which is arguably the most prestigious Sonicare brush did not have Bluetooth connectivity.
All that changed in May 2017 when Sonicare unleashed The DiamondClean Smart Sonic Series with an App that provides a 3D mapping of your teeth cleaning progress. Check Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart 9750 vs 9700 vs 9500 vs 9300.
Both these brushes have Bluetooth connectivity but which one has an edge over the other?
Both these toothbrushes match each other on key areas like:
- coaching you how to clean your teeth better,
- reminding you to re-do areas or zones of the mouth you might have missed,
- they both give you real time feedback through the facial recognition technology (Oral B Genius 8000) and 3D mouth mapping (New DiamondClean Smart sonic 9500/9700 series)
- They both come with at least three brush head re-fills
- The new DiamondClean has a slight edge over the Oral B 8000 genius because it cleans 10 times better than a manual brush. This is thanks to their new adaptive brush head that flxes the contours of your dental structure and teeth to ensure every crevice and section is adequately deep cleaned. Oral B 8000 Genius cleans only 7 times better than a manual brush.
- The New DiamondClean with Bluetooth App has a micro-chip fitted on the brush head that intuitively pairs the brush head with the most appropriate cleaning mode for ultimate results. This not only makes it convenient to use (no guesswork) but also maximizes the potential of every tooth cleaning session. This ultimately means better cleaning results for you. With Oral B 8000 Genius, you have to do this manually.
- The new DiamondClean is also quite elegant in look and feel when compared to the oral B 8000 Genius. It has a seamless matte finish that is sleek. Oral B Genius has both rubber and matte finish, the rubber can be hard to maintain and may become grubby if neglected.
- 9700 model comes in six different colours (Lunar blue, Pink, Black, Rose-gold, Grey and Amethyst) while the 8000 Oral B Genius comes in only two colours white and black.
- The DiamondClean is slightly less noisy when in use than the Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush .
- The Smart Sonic Sonicare DiamondClean has a longer battery life than the Oral B Genius.
Which is Better Oral B Genius 8000 or Sonicare DiamondClean Smart?
If you don’t mind paying a premium price and are just looking for the best electric toothbrush in the market then go for Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart with Blue tooth connectivity and App.
It is simply one of the very best there is on the market.
However, if you want to save 50 dollars and still get a comparatively high specs toothbrush at the top end of the market then Oral-B 8000 Genius is for you.