If you are looking for an electric toothbrush that will give you a 3D cleaning action, that sweeps back and forth to remove up to 100% more plaque than the normal manual toothbrush, then look no further. Go for the Oral B Pro 5000 Deep Sweep with Smart Guide.
- The Oral B Deep Sweep comes with a deep sweep action that combines with the familiar brushing motion like that of a manual toothbrush that allows you a deep cleaning action.
- Features a smart guide oral care coach that displays a time brushing modes and the brushing areas. This real-time guidance will assist you to brush your teeth the way the dentists recommend.
- Has a gum care pressure sensor that allows you a better and a more gentle clean.
- Has visible pressure sensor that lights up if you are pressing too hard and a timer that indicates the dentist-recommended brushing time of 2 minutes.
How does this toothbrush compare with an equivalent Sonicare toothbrush? Well in classical Oral B vs Sonicare debate, the Oral B is comparable to Sonicare Flexicare Platinum.
The Flexcare Platinum has more features like UV sanitiser and a long battery life of 3 weeks. However, let’s face it: You really don’t need all these functions. Given that the 5000 Oral B is almost forty plus dollars cheaper, you will be better off going for the Oral B 5000 Deep Sweep, if you are not very keen on additional design features found in the Sonicare platinum that do not greatly tilt the balance of the core effectiveness of your electric toothbrush.
Oral B Deep Sweep 5000 Review
This Oral B electric toothbrush features five cleaning modes. The daily clean, the gum care, the sensitive whitening and the clean. All these to give you the best brushing experience.
- It features a massage mode that gently stimulates your gums.
- It has a deep cleaning mode that allows you to an extended cleaning of your teeth.
- It has a whitening mode that enables you to polish and remove the surface stains.
- The sensitive mode allows you a lower cleaning speed for a gentle clean.
- The oral b pro 5000 electric toothbrush has indicator bristles that usually fade as a sign to replace your toothbrush head. This usually occurs after every three months.
- It features a clean daily mode. This feature allows the toothbrush to pulsate and sweep back and forth enabling you to clean your teeth better.
A few customers have complained about the kind of information the mobile app collects. They claim that it collects too much personal information and that they claim it is too intrusive. Some customers have also raised concerns about the phone capability and features that you will need before you can be able to access the application. They have claimed that you need at least to have a Bluetooth 4.0 capable phone to use it. The toothbrush is a bit noisy. Check its instruction manual here.
Question and answers about this toothbrush
Some of the questions raised by the customers about this toothbrush include:
Q: How long does this Oral b toothbrush hold its battery charge?
A: a fully charged deep sweep 5000 can last up to 10 days of daily use. To ensure that it holds its maximum capacity, ensure that you deplete the battery without in between charges.
Q: Is this toothbrush suitable for children?
A: a quality kids electric toothbrush should have fun-filled features to keep children engaged enough to sustain the teeth cleaning session. Oral B 5000 has practical and functional features which are really suited for adults and not kids.
Q: is it possible to use two handles in one smart guide?
A: Yes. Each of the toothbrush handles can be synchronised with any smart guide and can be calibrated for up to 2 toothbrush handles. what are some of the advantages of using this toothbrush
The toothbrush can detect when you are brushing too hard and alerts you to prevent harmful over brushing.
- With this brush, you can use different styles of brush heads giving you different cleaning patterns for your mouth.
- The way the brush heads attached makes the brush feel much secure.
Should You Buy The Oral B 5000 Deep Electric Toothbrush?
Is it worth to buy one of the Oral B Pro 5000 Deep Sweep Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush? Yes. This is true because most customers who have bought the toothbrush have praised it claiming that it is worth the value for their money.
- It has a unique ability to mimic the standard brushing techniques that are usually used with most manual brushes.
- Features a 3D cleaning function that rotates, sweeps side to side and also pulsates removing and breaking up to 100% more plaque that the normal manual toothbrushes.
- Incorporated Bluetooth Technology that is connected to your smartphone. The communication between your phone and the brush will at all times provide real-time feedback on your brushing habits. A: the Bluetooth technology helps you to keep track of your brushing progress and allows you to customise your brushing experience.
- Has a triple cleaning action that has 3 bristle zones on its head but still looks like a standard manual toothbrush. This is meant to clean better than one due to its powerful sweeping motion.
- It can detect when you are brushing too hard and alerts you to prevent harmful over brushing.
- It has a 2-minute timer pulse every 30 seconds, thus prompting you to switch areas of the mouth. This ensures the best mouth cleaning results.
- Is totally compatible with the Oral-B electric rechargeable head refills except for the battery refills and the pulmonic.
- Tracks your brushing habits over time and provides you with intuitive graphs and charts and can keep up to 6 months of brushing data
- It motivates you to brush your teeth as per the dentist recommended time of 2 minutes.
- Comes with a variety of brush head refills that will fit your needs.