Oral B 7000 Vs 9600? The difference between Oral-B 7000 and 9600 Electric Toothbrush is on the charger, battery life, travel case and some other key features such as smart guide, position detection, gum protection, pressure sensor, and colour options. Check also Oral B Genius 8000 vs 9600.
Oral B 7000 Vs 9600
The Oral B 7000 uses Nickel Metal Hydride battery that lasts up to 10 days, while 9600 same as Oral B Genius 8000 and Genius X uses a built-in lithium-ion battery that lasts up to 14 days, brushing for 2 minutes twice a day.
Apart from that, both pro 7000 and Genius 9600 come with a charging stand and all show battery status at the bottom of the brush that lights up red when the battery is very low.
And while the 7000 comes with a standard charger with plugin hardwired into, the 9600 comes with an international multi-voltage charger (100-240v) with detachable cable. You will just need to buy a plugin adapter if travelling abroad.
And whereas, you can be using your toothbrush and put it back to the charger, you are advice however, after every 6 months to discharged full your brush and then charge it for performance reasons.
For travelling conveniences, the pro 7000 comes with a premium travel case (not USB) that can store the brush handle and 2 brushes heads, Genius 9600 on the other hand like the Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 comes with USB Charging Travel Case that can charge both your brush and your smartphone. There is a USB port and phone holder built into the case to hold and charge your phone on the case at the same time with the brush. To full charge both brushes it takes up to 24 hours.
2 Minutes Timer and Smart Guide
To help you brush at the recommended two minutes brushing time Oral-B 7000 comes with built-in timer plus a digital timer while the Oral B 9600 comes only with the built-in timer just like the kids electric toothbrush. The 7000 digital portable clock and the timer shows you which cleaning mode (using an icon) has you selected and how long and well are you brushing your teeth. And at the end of the cleaning cycle, you get a star rating with a happy or sad face to show you how well have you done it.
The 7000 digital timer also has a quadrant guide which shows all 4 mouth quadrants and quadrants flashes after every 30 seconds to show you which one to clean next.
The 9600 cleaning modes icons are shown on the brush handle compared to the 7000 that shows on a digital clock provided.
Like the Genius 8000, the Oral-B 9600 Electric Toothbrush also features position detection technology that lacks in Oral B Pro 7000. What position detection technology does is, it tracks where your toothbrush is, where you are brushing and offer you real-time coaching how to do it better.
For this functionality to work, you need to front face your smartphone camera while brushing hence you are provided with a phone holder that can be attached on the mirror or tiles.
Oral B 9600 includes a ‘gum guard technology’ in which the 7000 model lacks this (can be obtained by upgrading your Oral B app to the latest version). The gum protection technology is an 8-week brushing journey to help you fight against gum disease: bleeding, swollen gums. it uses an Oral B app to show graphically where you have brushed too hard and where to focus next.
Pressure Sensor Location
It is advised to protect your teeth and gums by not brushing too hard. To help this, the Oral B Pro 7000 features a rear-mounted pressure sensor that illuminates red when you brush hard and a sad face appears on the digital clock provided and a red timer on the app also to alert you not to brush your teeth too hard. Additionally, the brush will also reduce speed until you reduce pressure. The Oral-B 9600, on the other hand, features a customizable LED SmartRing near its brush top that flashes red (default colour) when you brush hard. You can change which colour to show up from its 12 colours via the Oral B smartphone app.
The 3D SmartRing also lights up at the end of the cleaning cycle and after every 30 seconds to alert you to move from cleaning one mouth section to another.
In terms of colour choice, the 7000 model comes in two colours to choose from: black and white while 9600 comes in 5: rose gold, sakura pink, black, white and orchid purple.
Number of the brush head
When comes to brush head, both Oral B 9600 and 7000 features small round brush heads. And while Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush comes with 5 brush heads: 2 cross-action, one floss action, one 3D White, one sensitive and a brush head storage unit that can store up to 4 brush heads. The Genius 9600 comes with three: Sensi ultra-thin, CrossAction and 3D white with no storage case.
And as always, you need to change your brush head after every three months. The brush head bristles fade with time from bright colours to pale light indicating the need to change it and especially when they are frayed out.
- Real time feedback with the Oral B app focuses...
- Made of different high tech materials like...
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates,...
- Rechargeable with 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care,...
- Speed up to 800 brush movements per second;...
Last update on 2021-01-18 at 21:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Gum Protection Technology app helps you see and...
- Pro Gum Care Refill gently clean the gum line...
- Electric Toothbrush featuring 6 cleaning modes to...
- Position detection helps you brush every area for...
- Newly designed charger has a stay-clean design
Last update on 2021-01-18 at 13:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Similarities between Oral B 7000 and 9600
- Both Oral B Genius 9600 and pro 7000 includes 6 cleaning modes to cater for all your cleaning needs: daily clean, sensitive, whitening, tongue cleaning, gum care and deep cleaning
- Both Oral B Pro 7000 and Genius 9600 features Bluetooth Connectivity that allows you to connect your phone with Oral B app to track your brushing habit. The app will track where you have cleaned, where you have brushed too hard and offer coaching on how to do it better
- Their brush heads are all small and round offering tooth to tooth cleaning action
- With both, you get 3D cleaning action: oscillating, rotating and pulsating capable of removing up to 100 per cent plaque along gum line compared to a manual toothbrush
- At the end of the cleaning cycle, you need to switch off both 7000 and 9600 brushes manually compared to Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart that goes off automatically.
- They are both waterproof but you advised against submerging them into the water. Always clean and dry your brush after use.
- There is 2 years warranty in both of them
Oral B Genius 9600 vs 7000, Which is Better?
If you have to go by the price, Oral-B Pro 7000 SmartSeries Electronic Power Rechargeable Toothbrush is cheaper than the 9600 model. However, if you have to consider the add-ons, the Oral-B 9600 is the best electric toothbrush to go for. This is because, it has almost all the 7000 features apart from the digital watch and it all includes other interesting features such as USB charger, position detection, and gum protection and have a long-lasting battery than the 7000 model.
- None Found