Let us compare Oral B 6000 vs 7000 vs 7500 vs 8000: These best Oral B electric toothbrushes consists of many features in common and few that differentiate them namely, the number of brush heads, cleaning modes, colour selection, battery life, new features and their costs.
In summary, the Oral B 7000 is the cheaper version when compared to the price of the Oral B 6000, 7500 and 8000. It has 6 cleaning modes, 3 brush heads, and10 days battery life. It comes in black and white and includes a wireless smart guide, whereas the 7500 is the improved version of the 7000, with long lasting battery life, a smart ring pressure sensor and 5 cleaning modes more less the same as the 6000 model. However, the 6000 is not Bluetooth enabled compared to the 7500 with Bluetooth App connectivity.
And above all is the Oral B Genius 8000 with 6 cleaning modes same as the 7000. It also includes a USB Charging Case, 3 brush heads, a 360 smart ring pressor sensor, and four colour selection to choose from.
Oral B 6000 vs 7000
The 6000 comes in white whereas the 7000 comes in both black and white. And while the 6000 features 5 cleaning modes ( the daily cleaning mode, gum care mode, sensitive mode, whitening mode, and deep clean mode ) the Oral B 7000, on the other hand, features 6 cleaning modes, adding to it a tongue cleaner mode.
Apart from that, the 7000 also includes 3 brush heads and a smart wireless guide whereas the 6000 comes with a 360 smart ring and only one brush head (find detailed Oral B 6000 and 7000 below for more info on these key features). However when comes to battery life, that of 6000 last longer than 7000 and so the price of the 6000 is higher than that of 7000.
Oral B 6000 vs 8000
The main difference between Oral B 6000 and 8000 is based on 5 key features namely: number of cleaning modes, travel case, number of brush heads, colour selection and the cost.
The Oral B Pro 6000 features 5 cleaning modes: the daily clean, deep clean, gum care, sensitive mode, and the whitening mode whereas the 8000 model come with all of the Oral B 6000 modes plus a tongue cleaning mode, 6 modes in total. Also, while the Oral B Genius 8000 includes a USB Charging Case, the 6000, on the other hand, does not. It only includes a premium travel case but no USB charger.
Another difference between these 2 electric toothbrushes is that while the Oral B 8000 comes with 3 brush heads, the 6000 on the other side comes with only one brush head (detailed reviews below).
In terms of colour selection, whereas the 8000 electric toothbrush comes in four colours to choose from (white, black, rose gold, and orchid purple), the 6000 comes only in white. Oral B 8000 again surpass the 6000 model by including the position detection feature and a smartphone holder when compared to the 6000 that includes none of them.
However, as you might be expected the Oral B 6000 is cheaper compared to the 8000 model.
Oral-B Pro 6000 Review
The Oral B Pro 6000 smartseries electric rechargeable toothbrush with wireless bluetooth is one of the high-end Braun electric toothbrushes. It is more superior to the Oral B 2000, 4000 and 5000.This pro 6000 features 5 cleaning modes: the daily clean, deep clean, gum care, sensitive mode, and the whitening mode.
It also features SmartGuide, Bluetooth and travel accessory.
The Oral B Pro 6000 is designed to not only clean your teeth but also to monitor and record your overall dental hygiene.
- It comes with three additional brush heads (one with cross action bristles, one with 3D white technology and the other with bristles designed for sensitive teeth) and a nifty travel case!
- It comes with a digital Smart Guide Unit which is a base station and can be placed around the bathroom sink which doubles up as a charging station as well. The base station wirelessly connects with the brush and provides you with feedback ensuring you get a thorough cleaning.
- The battery life is reasonable coming close to about 6 days falling short of the promised 10 days, but it is surely not a deal breaker. At the current price point, I think it is still one of the best smart toothbrushes out there.
- It is accompanied with the smartphone app that is loaded with a brushing timer, a pressure alert to alert you when excessive force is used and a quadrant prompt which tells you to switch the quadrants after the prescribed 30-second interval.
- Features the professional criss-cross bristles design angled at 16 degrees along with the 3D cleaning action that together ensures the removal of up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush.
For further information, click to download the Oral B 6000 user manual here.
The pro 6000 accompanying smartphone app is elegantly designed and is available for both iOS and Android operating systems.
- The app communicates wirelessly via Bluetooth technology with the Braun 6000 to sync data.
- The main aspect of the app is the timer option which maintains time and guides you through each quadrant.
- The timer also logs the duration of forced brushing.
- The timer is fully customizable and the time spent on any quadrant can be increased if that area needs special attention.
- The app just like its kids’ electric toothbrush version also has a reward program and awards you with trophies on completion of a regimen to keep you motivated.
- The app can also be customized to display local weather or news while you brush, another nifty little thing!
- Also, the app will let you in on some tips and tricks for a healthy cleaning and believe it or not also has a feature to locate your nearest dentist!
The Oral B Pro 6000 electric rechargeable toothbrush records your statistics and it is encouraged that you share them with your hygienist. The merit of which in my opinion is debatable. The 6000 records the total time you spent on brushing and not the time you spent on each quadrant, which might be a more powerful statistic.
A little more investment goes a long way when you pit it against the pain and money spent on a visit to the dentist. This Oral B 6000 smartseries electric toothbrush with wireless bluetooth is a great and its capability to sing data wirelessly via Bluetooth with your smartphone makes it unique. With the 6000 by your side you can be assured that you give the required time to your dental care keep a track of your regimen.
I would recommend it to anyone who takes his/her dental hygiene seriously!Check the Oral-B Pro 6000 current price here on Amazon
Oral B 7000 vs 8000
Oral B 7000 vs 8000? What differentiate these two best selling Oral B electric toothbrushes is in their cleaning focus. While the Oral-B 7000 focuses more on plaque removal, the Oral B Genius 8000 focuses on a comprehensive clean thanks to the Criss-Cross bristles.
- The Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush comes in two colours : black and white .The Oral B 8000 does offer a thorough cleaning around the gum line safely, as does the 7000 to some extent. However, the 7000 does have great instant feedback on how you’re brushing in real time thanks to its Smart Guide.
- The 8000 comes with three replacement brushes while the 7000 comes with four. The 8000, by contrast, offers Position Detection which will tell where you’re brushing and when to move on to a different section.
- The 7000 comes with a wireless smart guide that the 8000 doesn’t have. You can shift through settings on a button near the power icon for the 7000 while the 8000 has symbols for its six settings.
- The 8000 has a phone holder which the 7000 doesn’t. The 8000 has a cool feature where you can flash one of twelve different LED Smart Ring colors using the app and is also said to have better feedback when it comes to your brushing habits and tracking what you do.
- It also comes with a Smartphone Holder, so the 8000 can also charge your brush in the case and hold your phone and charge it at the same time. It also removes 500% more plaque than the 7000.
Oral B 8000 vs 7000 Appearance & Design
As you may have already guessed, the 7000 and the 8000 models both come from the Oral-B Pro line electric toothbrush. They are more high tech than other non-Bluetooth models, although that is becoming increasingly common. Still, the brushes are deserving of the Pro label, as they have numerous features (and brushing settings) that set them apart from other basic brushes out there.
The 7000 and 8000 were both designed to give users a lot of specialized options for brushing. The handles are standard design and the brushes themselves come in a selection of black or white. Both brushes have a Pressure Ring to alert you when you are brushing too hard. They are pretty identically designed overall, but nothing fancy unless you count being able to change the pressure ring light on the 8000 to 12 colors.
Features in Common
- Both Oral-B 7000 and 8000 get rid of plaque 3x more effectively than a manual
- Both use Bluetooth and apps with your phone
- Pressure Ring near head to handle
- Both share the same brushing options (which include daily clean, sensitive, whitening, gum care, tongue cleaning, pro-clean)
- More buttons and symbols than just the power button
- Same modes, similar accessories
- Both good at highly efficient cleaning
- 6 brushing modes
- Pressure sensing technology
- Charging stations come with both
- Complete set of Oral B brushing heads
- Great clean with either brush
- Lots of accessories and features and settings
- Great pressure sensors on both are gentle on teeth
- 8000 comes with a smartphone holder for accessories
You may find it more difficult to navigate than a standard electric brush with minimal features.
Oral B Genius 8000 Review
The Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 is the newest electric toothbrush to come out from trusted brush manufacturer Oral B. This Oral B electric toothbrush is one of the best electric toothbrushes on the market. It’s called Genius because it is pairing with an interactive smartphone app allows it to smartly tell you how to brush along with a number of other features that will likely make it very attractive to consumers and brush fanatics alike!
This brush is a smart model that comes in all-black and white with a great design and the features to back it up.
A premium electric toothbrush, the Oral B genius 8000 delivers 3D cleaning action through its rotating, oscillating, and pulsating movements. With pressure sensors and six different modes, including one for whitening your teeth, it’s easy to see the appeal of this sleek new brush from Oral-B. While it is in the higher price range, this premium brush is well worth the purchase. It is a solid all-around brush and even connects to an app.
Use SmartRing technology to coach you on how to brush the right way as recommended by dentists! The SmartRing changes colors depending on how you’re brushing so you can actually be alerted that you are brushing too hard with a red light, which is really cool.
The Genius tracks your brushing sessions and will tell you how long you brushed as well as how much time you spent where you applied too much pressure. It will also tell you how often you rinsed, cleaned your tongue, and
View your data in your choice of daily, weekly, or even monthly, or just as long as you have used it! You can also get badges for getting streaks in good habits. The guided routines will help you create good brushing patterns and you can select the mode that you want, such as Fresh Breath or teeth whitening
Keep track of your appointments with ‘My Dental Office’ and get reminders of your appointments and use the
Use Position Detection to find out how you are brushing and how long with the app’s facial recognition! The app will coordinate using the front camera on your phone and you can prop up your phone using the included smartphone holder—which suctions onto the surface
The box includes the
- Oral-B 8000, a Sensitive Brush Head,
- a CrossAction Brush Head, a 3D White Brush Head,
- a travel case,
- a smartphone holder, and
- a charging base that has four slots for storing brush heads.
- 6 modes allow you to choose the setting to fit what you need
- You can charge your smartphone and toothbrush at the same time with the Smart Travel Case
- Pressure sensor technology will protect gums from over-brushing
- SmartRing coaches you on how to brush to brush as is recommended by dentists
- Pairs with smartphone and uses facial recognition with its Position Detection feature to help you know where you have already brushed
- Comes with three different brush heads
- 16 degree angled brushing
- Bluetooth technology and app Product Description
- Buttons can be difficult to press
- More expensive than your average electric toothbrush
- Brush heads might not be as fancy as rest of brush
The 8000 comes with a great six cleaning modes that include:
- Gum Care,
- Daily Clean,
- Pro-Clean Mode, and
- Tongue Cleaning,
All these modes give you the flexibility to choose which mode works best for you.The design of this brush is also a little funky. It’s a flashy design that is very cool and futuristic, with flashy buttons and symbols.
Design, Looks and Feel
The SmartRing plays into this futuristic design. Easy to hold and use, this toothbrush is functional and even fun to brush with thanks to a comfortable rubber hold
It comes only in black, but the color is likely to appeal to anyone as it is quite popular and looks cool. It’s also made of tough plastic that will prevent mold and bacteria from accumulating due to a poor design
Your phone screen will light up the same color as the brush if you are using both at the same time
Should You Buy It?
At the end of the day, the Oral B Genius 8000 electric toothbrush can deliver a great clean and enough features and options for customization, and who doesn’t love that?
Some brushes are all show and no go, but this premium brush lives up to the hype. If you’re a tech person that loves linking your phone to random high-tech things, you will love this!
Great for people who want better brushing habits or just a lot of options for a great and high-quality clean
- Six different modes of cleaning
- Lasts about twelve days when fully charged
- Will help maintain gum health
- Has a long battery life
Smart monitoring app uses Bluetooth and facial recognition for your best brush with Position DetectionComes with a
Three different brush heads included– try all the brush heads and use the best one for
Position Detection lets you know when you have brushed the same spot too long .
Oral B Pro 7000 Review
The Oral B 7000 black electric toothbrush with smartguide is the latest, most advanced top rated, best selling Oral B Electric Toothbrushes .
The 7000 comes in both black and white clinically proven to have superior 3D cleaning that pulsates and sweeps side to side breaking up and removing up to 100% more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
Whitens your teeth in two weeks.
The Oral B Pro 7000 electric toothbrush is obviously an improvement of Oral B 5000. It features 6 cleaning modes; the daily cleaning mode, gum care mode, sensitive mode, whitening mode, and deep clean mode.
- The 7000 gives you real-time feedback with its smart phone application.
- It comes with a premium charger that uses magnetic charge to close, a plastic holder and adhesive taped foam that you can use to mount the monitor to a surface.
- The Oral b black 7000 electric toothbrush is 100% waterproof.
- It notifies you whenever you brush too hard using its pressure sensor.
- Comes with a timer that goes on every 30 seconds to indicate to you that you should move to the next quadrant in your cleaning regime or you have already brushed for the recommended two minutes brushing.
- Features a pressure sensor that illuminates whenever you brush too hard thus protecting your teeth.
- It also features a constant communication between the brush and your compatible smartphone.
- ThIS best selling Oral b electric toothbrush is powered by NiMH batteries. When fully charged the battery lasts for at least ten days brushing two times a day.
- Comes with a compact travel charger that closes with magnetic charge/tension.
- Comes with a dedicated tongue cleaner
- It is compatible with any Oral B replacement head (Power Tip, Ortho, Deep Sweep, CrossAction, Floss Action, Prowhite, Precision clean, Sensitive and Dual Clean).
The ORAL B features a cross action brush head that has bristles angled at 16 degrees such that it surrounds each tooth for a thorough brushing. The brush head has rubber paddles that complement the soft bristles that work gently with the rotary cleaning mechanism that improve the effectiveness of your cleaning. This also ensures that your teeth are cleaned thoroughly because the soft bristles clean the gum area without scraping the tissues around the gums. It is light and not bulky at all. It actually feels nice when holding it.
Besides the Bluetooth app, the Oral B 7000 comes with 6 cleaning modes. These are:
- Daily Clean plus Triple Pressure Sensor: this intuitively reduces the speed of the brush to guard against brushing too hard. The daily clean mode enables the toothbrush to pulsate and sweep back and forth allowing you to clean your teeth better.
- Gum Care Mode: massages the gums and gently stimulates your gums for total cleaning.
- Sensitive Mode: for sensitive teeth-will regulate the rotation to cater for sensitivity
- Whitening Mode: whiten your teeth
Wireless SmartGuide: this aids your brushing-will tell which quadrant needs more brushing so that you brush evenly and effectively. Deep Clean Mode: helps you to brush longer. Tongue Cleaner Mode: for cleaning your tongue. Of course, you get trademark 3D motion that rotates, pulsates and oscillates for detailed deep cleaning from tooth to tooth. Its Deep Sweep brush head allows you to sweep side to side so that you can brush as you would have with a regular toothbrush, but of course with the superior benefits of power.
Unlike the 5000, the timer on the 7000 does not go off after the two minutes.
After you are done brushing, you will have to manually switch it off. It does not auto-off. The battery lasts only 10 days compared to Sonicare’s 21 days. The blue light when charging can be a bit annoying because it is sharp and bright especially at night.
- 1 Oral-B SmartSeries Handle
- 1 CrossAction Brush Head
- 1 ProWhite Brush Head
- 1 Sensitive Brush Head
- 1 Premium Charger with Refill Head Storage
- 1 Premium Travel Case
- 1 SmartGuide
Smartphone is not included Instructions: The Oral B Black batteries need to be charged for at least 14-24 hours when the charge is depleted. You are advised to run down the battery at least three times in a year and then recharge it to fully charged. This elongates the lifespan of the battery.
- The Oral B toothbrush supports American 110v only. In case you make international trips, you can always buy a voltage converter that will convert it into 240v that are mostly used internationally. The black electric toothbrush battery is 50-60 hertz
- When charging a blue flickering light will come on. Once the charge is full the flickering light will stop flashing.
- The average battery life of most Braun brushes is between 4-8 years depending on how you maintain your brush. Charging too often is said to reduce the lifespan of the battery.
The smooth rotary mechanism and the soft bristles coupled with the flagship 3D technology ensures that your oral care is complete.Your teeth and gums will be thoroughly cleaned without scraping the gums. This brush will reverse gingivitis and also keep your teeth sparkling white.
The angled bristles enhance tooth to tooth cleaning while the smart guide motivates you to brush better by giving you smiles once you accomplish a milestone.
The best part of the Oral-B toothbrushes is that there is no more guess-work or doubt as to how effective your oral care regime is progressing. You get real-time data on your progress and data tracked back to 20 days.
You will certainly know and notice the improvement on your teeth. This toothbrush has received an average customer star rating of 86% out of over 700 customer reviews. With such high levels of customer satisfaction, it is certainly a contender for the top electric toothbrush in the market today.Check the Oral B 7000 current price here on Amazon
The toothbrush is also featured among the top in the Amazon rechargeable toothbrushes.
Which is Better, Oral B 8000 or 7000
At the end of the day, the Oral B 8000 does perform better at battery than the 7000. It can last for twelve days as opposed to about 10 for the Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush model on the same charge with regular use.
However, as a brusher that might not be particularly what you’re looking for. If you’re in it for the best brush possible, you’re going to have a great option in the Oral-B Pro 7000 or 8000.
The 8000 is slightly more advanced than the 7000 and the edge on more features is what might give it the advantage over the 7000 as it has good pressure sensing and focuses on cleaning each tooth as effectively as possible for an overall cleaning experience that is superior to many other models outside the Oral-B Pro line.
Both models are worth a look. If you want a sophisticated electric toothbrush that works with your phone and has Bluetooth, you can’t go wrong with the Oral B 7000. However, if you want slightly more and don’t really care about plaque removal, the 8000 electric toothbrush might just be the one you want. It also has a comfortable handle, comes with a traveling case and smartphone holder, and has the longest battery life.
If you already have a 7000 model it’s not worth the upgrade but if you are buying something new, want a lot of settings, neat accessories, have Bluetooth, and offer a great clean.
Oral B 7000 vs 7500
Oral B 7000 vs 7500? Oral B just added a new top-rated premium electric toothbrush called Oral B 7500 to their vast array of models. It closely mirrors the best selling Oral B 7000 that has been on the market for a few years now.
What differentiates the Oral B 7000 from 7500 is that while the Pro 7000 has one more mode (tongue cleaning) and a total of 6 modes, the Pro 7500 has 5 modes. The Pro 7500 comes with Lithium-Ion batteries that provide longer battery life and short charging time while the Pro 7000 has Ni-Cd batteries that lack these advantages.
- The Pro 7500 comes with a unique charging case while the Pro 7000 doesn’t.
- The Pro 7500 has a multi-color SmartRing that illuminates to provide feedback if you brush too hard. The Pro 7000 has a pressure sensor that lights up too, but it is not a SmartRing.
Similarities between Oral B 7000 and 7500
- They are both smart brushes equipped with Bluetooth and app support.
- Both have round brush heads with bristles angled at 16 degrees for superior, 3D
- Both rotate, oscillate and pulsate to loosen and remove plaque from individual teeth and along the gum line.
- Both have a pressure sensor to considerably minimize over brushing.
- Both brushes have rechargeable batteries and different modes of use.
- Both come with 3 replacement brush heads.
- Both are compatible with a wide range of brush head refills from Oral B.
Oral B Pro 7500 Review
It features a round brush head design that ensures the angled bristles surround each tooth as it rotates, oscillates and pulsates, to loosen and remove plaque around the tooth and along the gum line, for superior 3D cleaning action across the teeth.
- It is rechargeable, with 5 modes; Pro Clean, Daily Clean, Sensitive, Whitening and Gum Care.
- The Pro 7500 is an intelligent brush equipped with Bluetooth Technology and app support, to provide real-time feedback to help improve your brushing habits. It has features such as the Dental Care Journey feature lets you pick a pre-programmed routine that aligns with your dental care goals. The Focused Care feature has customizable brushing plans that allow for the implementation of more personalized dentist recommendations.
- Features a conveniently located customizable SmartRing that gives feedback from the brushing timer, pressure sensor, and Bluetooth connection. It is easily visible from any angle while brushing, and it can be programmed to illuminate a color of your choice from a selection of 12 colors.
- A timer in the handle pulses every 30 minutes to let you know when to switch to the next quadrant of your mouth when brushing, so you can get a total of 2 minutes brushing time across the 4 quadrants of your mouth, as dentists recommend.
- Triple Pressure Censor helps maintain healthy gums as it illuminates the SmartRing and slows down pulsations to let you know when you are brushing too hard.
- It comes with a fast-charging Lithium-Ion battery that lasts up to 12 days in between charges, even with regular use. The overall battery life is extra long too.
- It also comes with a base charger, a rigid and durable travel case, and 3 replacement brush heads.
- The round brush head that fits individually around each tooth, along with the angled bristles ensure superior 3D cleaning
- Bluetooth Technology and app support to provide real-time feedback
- Has a pressure sensor to ensure you do not brush too hard
- Has 5 different modes of use that gives you wide flexibility.
- Impressively long battery life, it can last for 12 days of continuous usage.
- The price point is high as it is a top-tier brush
- A bit too powerful and it could aggravate your gums and teeth if care is not taken.
Check the Oral-B Pro 7500 SmartSeries on Amazon
Oral B 7500 vs 7000 – Which is Better?
In conclusion, if you are in the market for a high-tech brush, the 7500 could be the better choice for you, because you get many first-rate features (5 brushing modes, Bluetooth App connectivity, more power-it whirls faster than the 7000 and is lighter). It has more or less similar features like the Smart Oral B 8000 apart from the USB travel charger. It has a favourable price and a longer-lasting battery, compared to other top-tier products of its kind.
Alternatively, if you want a simpler option that is a bit more affordable compared to the 7500, then 7000 is great too. Either way, both brushes have superb features that contribute to superior oral health so if either one is within your budget, why not?
Table of Contents