- For many years, there has been a competition going on between a manual and an electric toothbrush. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons for each of them and understand which one is more capable.
Manual Toothbrush: ADVANTAGES:
Offers a proper brushing method: A manual toothbrush is capable of offering the right technique to clean the mouth. By utilizing 2 minutes, one can clean the teeth properly and would not have to worry about a wrong action being applied as everything is performed manually.
- Dynamic choice of bristles, colors, and heads to opt: Choosing a manual toothbrush is always fun as you are able to look up for a plethora of designs, colors, and designs in these teeth-cleaning sticks. Choose among various bristle designs and even opt for a soft, medium or hard-bristled tool as per your convenience. You would not have to be bored with the same old toothbrush as you can always look up for a new one and experience excitement to use it.
- Convenient to carry around: With a manual toothbrush, you would not have to worry about carrying a charger or batteries around with it. All you require is a case to keep its head clean and there you go.
- No need to charge: Being manual, it does not require you to buy new batteries or charge it from time to time. Whenever you want to brush, just grab it and start with the teeth-cleaning session.
- Cost-effective: You do not have to empty your pockets to buy this one. Moreover, you can sometimes get it free of cost with a toothpaste or after visiting your dentist.
- Manual toothbrush requires more efforts to use: Being manual, it relies on you to do the work. A user will have to move his/her hand back and forth to move it around in the mouth to clean.
- Timing issues: Using a manual toothbrush might make one use the toothbrush for a longer time. People using these forget for how long they had been brushing at times. This can damage the enamel of the tooth.
Electric Toothbrush ADVANTAGES:
- Easy to work with: As most of the manual work is performed by the brush itself, it is quite easy to use. Just placing the brush at 45-degree angle does the trick.
- Results are more fruitful: Not only does an electric toothbrush requires you to work less, but it also offers higher results. People who use these have better chances of being free from Gingivitis and plaque formation.
- Children enjoy using these: Children usually get irritated using manual toothbrushes as they have to apply efforts to clean the teeth. However, using an electric toothbrush is far more exciting because all one has to do is place the bristle head on the teeth for cleaning. Moreover, the buzzing sensation tickles while using it and children find it more fun to use.
- Timer: Electric toothbrushes also have a quad timer built inside them. With it, one can keep track of the time while cleaning the teeth.
- Charging issues: One would have to keep the toothbrush charged frequently to use it.
- Expensive: Electric toothbrushes are expensive to buy. Moreover, with an increase in features, you will have to pay more for these teeth-cleaning gadgets.
- Traveling with these can be difficult: You might have to carry accessories with these toothbrushes. Batteries, charger, and other tools that accompany it have to be carefully packed so that you do not damage the toothbrush. Moreover, if you forget the charger on your journey, then your toothbrush might not be of any use. So, that can be a downside.
- Fragile: Electric toothbrushes consist of small parts and components which are quite fragile. You might have to take extra care while handling them around.
No matter which toothbrush you opt for, the main objective is to keep up with your oral hygiene on a daily basis. Though an electric toothbrush is capable of cleaning plaque more efficiently than a manual one. So, if you can spend money to buy one, it would definitely be worth it.
A manual toothbrush when used can only perform a back and forth action while cleaning the mouth. However, the rotating head of an electric is capable of removing the plaque around 11% better than the manual one.
This has been studied by top experts at Sheffield University. The problems with gums such as Gingivitis were found to be reduced in about four week’s time when using an electronic toothbrush with a rotating head. Moreover, using an electric brush for a long time was able to improve the quality of the teeth faster.
Another great benefit that these electric toothbrushes possess is the quality of being autonomous. Most of the work is performed by the rotating bristles which a user just has to guide through different areas inside the mouth. On top of that, the head is small in size letting it skillfully get inside tight corners of the mouth and cleaning the teeth.
And, when users thought this was enough, there came electric toothbrushes which were capable of timers for letting the user know the duration for brushing the teeth. Moreover, round-headed rotating bristles are not all that were built. There are toothbrushes with similar bristle heads like your manual toothbrushes. The spring action involved in these ones are capable of vibrating the gadgets at really high speeds – hence, cleaning the teeth.
Besides, the usual cleaning mechanism, these electric toothbrushes are capable of developing a technique which involved shear forces working with the fluids in the mouth such as water and saliva. Using these fluids, the toothbrush is able to generate bubbles which further increase the cleaning of the plaque colonies present on the teeth.
And, due to such a technique, there is little chance of damage to the teeth as the fluid layer does not let the bristle surface to actually make a contact with the teeth. It just wipes away the plaque at a really fast rate. This cannot be possible using a manual toothbrush as the strokes will have to be really fast. A person trying to do that using a regular toothbrush will only injure his/her mouth.
You know just using a brilliant toothbrush is not enough. A prudent technique to clean the teeth is also important. Using an electronic toothbrush is necessary so that there are no injuries involved during the cleaning process.
A common mishap among folks is to use an electric toothbrush just like a regular one. It is to be noted that you do not require to move your hand back and forth while brushing your teeth. The bristles are automatically doing that for you. All, you have to do is place the head of the toothbrush on each of your teeth for a few seconds for cleaning it. The pulsations and oscillations will help you clean them.
- None Found