Which is the best water flosser 2019? Find out in this detailed reviews of the top rated water flossers in the market today.
Best Water Flosser 2019
1. Waterpik WP-660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser
By and large the best water flosser is the Waterpik WP-660 Aquarius Professional Water Flosser
The Waterpik Aquarius is versatile, effective and easy to use. It comes fitted with a convenient control panel that features 10 pressure settings which can be navigated effortlessly.
To help you floss effectively and cover all your teeth, there is a 30 seconds pacer and a timer after every minute.
- It has a massage mode which you can activate to massage your gums, massaging your gums helps the blood to flow evenly and keeps your gums healthy. The floss mode makes use of patented Waterpik pulse-modulation technique that is very effective in removing plaque.
- You also get seven tips to stream jets of pressurised water to the space in between your teeth. These comprise of three tips coded by colour which are for general use.
- Then you get toothbrush tip which you use as a manual toothbrush in case you need to brush something off your teeth as you floss.
- You also get a Plaque seeking tip in case you have braces, crowns, bridges or implants.
- There is also an Orthodontic tip by Waterpik that is great for cleaning around any dental works like braces.
- Finally, there is the pik pocket tip that has a 360 spinning ability and can clean all round periodontal pockets for a thorough clean.
- The Waterpik Aquarius has a smallish footprint and can fit in compact bathrooms and counter spaces. It is also quite lightweight.
Key Benefits of the Aquarius Professional WP-660 Waterpik Flosser
- It has a decent enough water tank for complete flossing
- It is accepted by American Dental Association (ADA)
- 10 pressure setting for effective flossing
- Two modes: Floss mode to ultimate plaque removal and hydro-pulse massage for healthy gums
- LED control panel on the handle
- It has a timer and a pacer to ensure that floss effectively
- Comes with seven multi-functional tip
- It is on the expensive side of time
- It a bit noisy
- No dual voltage plug instead you want to use it abroad
2. H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser
The h2ofloss hf-8 Premium has been louded as the cheaper alternative to the Waterpik Aquirius and Ultra. It cost almost half of the Aquirius yet its quite close on how effective it can be when it comes to flossing.
It comes with 12 tips. Four of these are colour coded for standard general use while the other are for tongue cleaning, cleaning around dental works and periodontal pockets. The water tank can last up to 150 seconds which is better than Watepik Aquirius that can last only 90 seconds. It replacement tips are also cheaper when compared to Waterpik which can save money over the years.
Key Benefits of the h2ofloss hf-8 Premium
- It is quite affordable compared to Waterpik
- It is not as noisy as Waterpik
- It has a big water tank that can last up to 150 seconds
- It has cheaper replacement tips that will save you money down the line
- It has 12 tips for ultimate versatility and convenience.
- It comes with a 2 years warranty
- It is waterproof
- It has a relatively lower pulse of 1200 per minute which is a tad lower than comparable models but you hardly use the highest pulse on the pressure settings.
- It has no dual voltage and is unable to use international voltage unless you use a converter.
3. Waterpik Ultra (WP-100)
The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser has a small footprint and is less noisy than some models. The control handles of on/off and pause are conveniently located in the handle.
- It comes with a pulse rate of 1400 per minute which is quite high.
- It has 10 tips which give you options to use in all kinds of dental work in addition to general standard use.
- The water reservoir (650ml) can last for 90 seconds which is adequate for effective flossing of the full mouth.
- It comes with 6 tips (2 jet tips for standard use. One plaque seeker, tip to use in case you want to brush your teeth, pik pocket tip and orthodontic tip)
- It has a long 54-inch power cord, enough to move around while flossing if you need to.
Key Benefits of the Waterpik Ultra
- It’s compact and is suitable for small spaces
- Long cord for convenience
- Detachable water tank which is easier to use
- It has a handy pause button in case you need to stop flossing midway
- High pulse rate means it’s quite powerful even on low settings
- It has a decent three years warranty
- It has some learning curve to get to grips
Best Water Flosser for Kids:
4. Waterpik Water Flosser for Kids (WP-260)
The Waterpik WP-260 is specifically designed for children. It is best for kids who are at least 6 years old and above. Teaching your children good oral habits is the best present you can give your kids. It will set them off on.
It has high safety features, obviously to keep children safe while using it. To keep the fun going and getting kids interested, the flosser comes with 20 cling decals that children find attractive.
- It comes with 3 pressure setting (high, medium and low) which helps with customization
- Its attractive and comes with 20 stickers to entertain the kids and keep them engaged
- It has two tips, an orthodontic and classic jet tip.
- It has dual voltage and can be used abroad during your travels
- It’s a bit noisy.
5. Waterpik WF-03 Cordless Freedom Water Flosser
It is powered by double A batteries and thus quite portable especially if you factor in its compact nature.
It comes with two classic jetting tips in addition to an orthodontic tip. It’s water resistant and can be used in the shower. It has a travel plug and a travel pouch.
- It has interchangeable tips which gives you versatility
- It has a decent water tank and long battery life
- It has dual pressure modes.
- It’s effortless to use
- It’s compact and portable
- It doesn’t have a timer
- Few pressure settings are a bit limiting
6. THZY Water Flosser Professional
The THZY water flosser has one of the highest pulses by water flossers that peaks at 1700 pulses per minute and comes with three general tips in addition to other four for tongue cleaning, for dental works.
Unlike most water flossers, the THZY has a UV sterilizer integrated in it for keeping your tips and nozzle in top sterilized form. It has one angled nozzle to help you reach inaccessible areas in your mouth.
- It has adjustable pressure setting which gives you a choice (10 levels)
- Interchangeable nozzles give you versatility to floss effectively.
- It has dual voltage so you can use it when travelling
- The tips have 360 rotating capability to floss all areas effectively.
- It has two minutes timer to help you monitor your flossing.
- It is relatively cheaper than the Waterpik
- The manual is not great and as helpful as you would like
- The pause button has been said not to work properly, however this could be an isolated case.
- The power cord is long enough to allow you move around.
Buying Guide of the Best Water Flosser
Once you have decided to buy a water flosser to improve your oral health, what exactly should you be looking for the best water flosser?
Flossing Tips: The more the merrier because you will be able to share with other household members. Also check the cost of getting replacement tips, look for those that have cheaper replacement options because this will save money over time. Additional specialised tips for dental works and the orthodontic tip gives you versatility that will make your flossing effective.
Pressure settings: get a flosser with adjustable pressure setting to allow you to the pressure to your liking. The reason why Waterpik flossers are quite popular is because they have a wide range of pressure setting that suits the variable needs of users.
Reservoir Capacity: The size of the water tank matters because it will determine how long you floss before the need to refill. You should also look out for detachable eater tanks because they are easier to use and convenient.
Water control: This great feature allows you to control the rate at which streams of water jet out to splash debris out of your teeth. In addition to the on/off function, the pause function can also be useful to have just in case you want to stop flossing midway for whatever reason. It helps is the controls are in the handle for manoeuvrability.
Statistics by the Centre for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) state that 47% of people over thirty in the USA have gum disease. While 64% of the older population aged over 65 years have the occurrence of periodontitis (gum disease). Gum disease leads to tooth loss yet it is easy to control and even prevent by the application of adequate oral care.
In the recent past many Americans have started to take flossing seriously and have integrated water flossing in their daily teeth cleaning routine. With such astounding statistics you should take water flossing seriously, it will save you on dentists cost. Getting an implant to replace a lost tooth is way more expensive that investing in a water flosser and a decent electric toothbrush.
Scientific studies indicate that water flossers have 29% more capability of reducing gum disease when compared to traditional flossing. They reduce gum bleeding by 93% and also access tight spaces that string flossers struggle to reach.
Find a comparison between water flosser vs regular flossing here.
So what is your best water flosser so far?.
|1.||Waterpik Aquarius Professional, WP-660 White|
|2.||Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser|
|3.||Waterpik Electric Toothbrush & Water Flosser Combo In One|