When searching for the best kids toothpaste consider:
- Flavor– you should look for a kid-friendly flavor toothpaste such as bubble gum that makes them like brushing their teeth.
- Should have fluoride– you should look for toothpaste that has a small amount of fluoride to assist in preventing tooth decay among the kids. Some parents choose non- fluoride toothpaste until their child can spit well.
When the kids start to have teeth, they can use a small toothpaste( size of a grain of rice). Once they are 3 years old, they can use the pea sized amount of toothpaste. To help them control the amount of toothpaste they should use; you need to regulate in squeezing the tube.
Best Toothpaste for Kids 2018
1. Orajel my little pony fluoride toothpaste
[amazon_link asins=’B01AVZYMFW’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’watoto-fi-nga-links-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ce17d8df-458b-11e8-9d59-997a6f2e9953′]This toothpaste contains fluoride which can assist to protect the cavities of the teeth of your child. This has helped many moms who are worried about their kids going through pain as they have their cavities fixed. It has also been popular among little girls and boys since when the kids see the cartoons on the tube, they become more excited. When they use, they can get fruit flavor that acts as a pleaser. Many kids also like the pretty blue of the toothpaste. Parents on the other hand like it since it cleans the teeth well.
- Has fluoride which protects the teeth of your child
- Has a good flavor
- It is cheap there affordable for many parents.
- It can lead to stomach complication if swallowed therefore the kids should not swallow it
- It is not easy to control the amount that comes out of the hole as in many cases it comes out big.
2. Tom’s of Maine Natural Fluoride Free Children’s Toothpaste, Silly Strawberry
[amazon_link asins=’B015Y12GVK’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’watoto-fi-nga-links-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’72ae3f28-458c-11e8-9db7-7f2d1334dd74′]This toothpaste best for parents who are aware of the effect of swallowing fluoride toothpaste and wish they use one that is natural one that is Fluoride-free until there is old enough to be able to spit out toothpaste from the mouth. It is also good for those parents who are looking for gluten free products and are trying to avoid flavors, preservatives, colors or artificial sweeteners since it does not contain these pigments. This is arguable one of the best fluoride free toothpaste in the market.
- This toothpaste does not contain any gluten
- It uses silica and calcium to give your kids a gentle clean
- It has a real fruit flavor that is endearing to children
- Not harmful even if the kid swallows it.
- Good option for those kids who do not like other toothpaste
- It is somehow expensive for many parents to afford
- Some kids like the favor while others are not keen on it.
3. Jack n’jill natural organic toothpaste
[amazon_link asins=’B00JLF64DW’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’watoto-fi-nga-links-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c0a8676a-458c-11e8-aaf3-bb0ad8f09ffb’]This toothpaste is good for parents who are worried about the use of organic ingredients such as pesticides and herbicides in making baby products.
All the natural ingredients that are used in making this toothpaste are safe, so in case your kid swallows the toothpaste you will not be worried about the health of your kid.
This toothpaste is very clear as there aren’t any preservatives, fluoride and color that are added on to it. The toothpaste also contains a flip top container which is a good choice for parents who have screw on toothpaste caps that usually gets lost when the kids hold them. It also contains organic calendula which can assist in soothing the gums if the child is teething or when they kid pokes the teeth too much with a kid toothbrush.
- Safe even it is swallowed
- By looking you can tell that no color has been added
- Calendula can assist in taking out some sting of teething
- It is relatively expensive
- As the toothpaste is clear it is hard to see it which can make one use more.
4. Aquafresh kids pump cavity protection toothpaste
[amazon_link asins=’B003XDX68E’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’watoto-fi-nga-links-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’171ea6d2-458d-11e8-a15b-0fa6da24ed0f’]This toothpaste has teeth strengthening fluoride that can assist in ensuring that you’re the teeth of your kid is cavity free. It has the same amount of fluoride like that adults are supposed to use so as a parent you can use it. It also has a refreshing bubblegum mint flavor that many kids like.
- It is cheap therefore affordable
- The dispenser takes less space on your counter, and it is easy to use
- The container may take more force to operate after being used for some time.
- Some kids may not like the mint flavor
5. Hello Oral Care Kids Fluoride Free Toothpaste, Natural Watermelon
[amazon_link asins=’B01B4OB2FC’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’watoto-fi-nga-links-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6b3ac9b2-458d-11e8-a676-8faacbb87a64′]This toothpaste provides a gentle clean to young ones. This is exactly what their sensitive teeth needs. The toothpaste does not have any gluten and is neutrally sweetened which is the best for parents who mind about the sugar intake of their children. It does not contain any sodium lauryl sulphate or fluoride, so it is friendly to the little ones’ mouths. The toothpaste also has no artificial sweetners microbeads or gluten. It is vegan and BPA free. It is made in the USA Pros It is affordable
- Does not contain any sugar
- Protects the cavities of the kids
- It polishes, brightens and also remoevs plaques
- It one of the best selling kids toothpaste.
- It is somehow thin which makes it messy
- It has no fluoride, this might be a problem if your children grow a bit big and will need to fight cavities
- When it is half empty, it can be hard to push out.
There are so many toothpaste for kids but remember whichever that you select for your child, you should surprise them as they master this long-lasting habit of cleaning their teeth.