Here are the best electric toothbrush with UV Sanitizer. Find out below. Electric toothbrushes discussed here use UV wavelength light with a set minutes timer to rid your brush head of up to 99% of germs. Using UV cleaner is better than cleaning your brush heads with hot water. Your brush head is exposed to bacteria that are on the surface of your teeth or in built-up plaque in your mouth. Some of these bacteria may remain in your bristles even after washing your brush head under running water. To keep your toothbrush germ-free you need a micro sanitizer that effectively kills 99% of all germs in 20 minutes.
Note: You can decide to buy an electric toothbrush of your choice and buy a uv sanitizer device as a separate unit:
Best Selling UV Sanitizers:
What’s a UV sanitizer? A UV sanitizer is actually a machine that makes use of ultraviolet (UV) light to eliminate bacteria and germs. Ultra-Violet micro sanitizers come in two forms: There are those that are embedded in an electric toothbrush with UV sanitizer or those sold as stand-alone toothbrush UV sanitizers in a separate device like Aquatrend Toothbrush Holder 5 Slots with Cover, Wall Mounted Toothbrush Rack Cleaning Function, Bathroom Space Saving Toothbrush Organizer with Writable 3 PCS DIY Stickers. Sanitizers are available in an assortment of sizes and shapes, from little pocketable solutions to small items and cleaning toothbrushes, to big countertop devices capable of sanitizing much bigger things.
There are 3 distinct bands of UV light (UVA, UVB and UVC), based on the wavelength. It’s the shortwave UV C radiation which is actually good at killing germs. It is scientifically acknowledged that, the longer the product is actually subjected to UV light the greater the usefulness of the UV in killing germs. Let’s first explore the best electric toothbrushes with UV Sanitizer:
Table of Contents
Best Electric Toothbrush With UV Sanitizer
1. Sonicare ExpertClean 7700 with UV Sanitizer Review
Sonicare ExpertClean 7700 with UV sanitizer is one of the latest models by Sonicare as they try to catch up with market demands of a toothbrush with UV sanitizer. This is a premium product that comes with an array of customization features. Lets consider what makes the 7700 stand out from the crowd.
|PHILIPS Sonicare ExpertClean 7700 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth and UV Sanitizer,...
|Check it out.
Key advantages of the Sonicare ExpertClean 7700 to the user:
- It comes with three intensities (Low,Medium, High), which gives you flexibility to customise the speeds to your what suits your particular needs
- It has four cleaning modes for your ultimate customization needs
- Clean: (For exceptional everyday clean)
- Deep Clean+: (For an invigorating deep clean)
- Gum Health: (Special attention to molars)
- White+: (to remove surface stains)
- It has BrushSync Mode Pairing which reminds you when to replace your brush head for effective brushing sessions.
- It comes with top-end brush heads:
- It allows you to collect dat on your teeth brushing activity because it connects with Sonicare app with Bluetooth connectivity.
- It has a stylish design and finishing with a wide choice of colour to choose from (black ,gold ,White Silver, pink and white )
- It comes with a premium travelling case for effortless storage of your toothbrush when you are travelling away from home.
- It has a UV sanitiser to keep your brush head away from germs
- It is slightly expensive
All in all the ExpertClean 7700 is a compelling toothbrush that ticks mot boxes of a premium toothbrush that will improve your oral hygiene. It has a UV sanitizer to keep your brush heads free of germs, it comes with premium brush heads that tackle plaque and improve your gum health. All the other trappings like pressure sensor, four cleaning modes, BrushSync and travel charger all enrich your teeth cleaning experience.
2. AquaSonic DUO PRO Electric Smart ToothBrush with UV Sanitizer
Get this AquaSonic DUO PRO Electric Smart ToothBrush and get complete oral hygiene. It is one of the best electric toothbrush with UV Sanitizer.
It promotes healthy gums, fresh breath, as well as teeth whitening in every brush. If you want to achieve whiter teeth in just two weeks, then it’s the best way to go.
- This electric toothbrush comes with a UV sanitizer that kills up to 99% of bacteria and germs.
- With it you get 2 set of electric toothbrushes : a black and white one plus 10 brush heads and 2 travel cases
- The two-minute timer can help you to be aware of your brushing time and will automatically stop after 2 minutes. This can avoid overbrushing that can harm your gums and teeth enamel.
- It has 4 cleaning modes (clean, soft, massage, and whitening) to cater for all your cleaning needs
- Other add-ons include 2 travel cases with space for a handle and brush heads. The best part is that you can charge your electric toothbrush while on its travel case
- On full charge its Lithium ion battery can stay on up to 30 days
- It uses wireless connected charging base (its duo charger is connected with its UV sanitizer as a one unit)
- AquaSonic DUO PRO Electric Smart ToothBrush lacks pressure sensor to alert you when you brush hard. Apart from that is quite cheap, you get it under $100 price tag.
- Here are its replacement heads, incase you want to buy more brush heads for future use AquaSonic Duo PRO 8-Pack Replacement Brush Heads - Upgraded Proflex Brush Heads for Improved Plaque Removal - Genuine AquaSonic
3. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer has a lot of nice features to wish for including:
Note: This toothbrush UV sanitizer device is now sold separately. Here it is Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer Accessory HX6907/01
- A UV-Sanitizer to keep your brush head free from up to 99% of bacteria and viruses
- A built-in timer with a pacer that buzzes every 30 seconds to alert you to move to another mouth section
- The timer also helps you brush at recommended dentists 2 minutes brushing time, twice a day.
- An inbuilt pressure sensor that buzzes and slow down the brush speed in case of brushing hard
- 3 cleaning modes (daily clean, deep clean and whitening) plus three cleaning intensities (low, mid, high). This gives you control on which cleaning results you want to achieve. Whether stain removal or healthy teeth and gums or both and under which comfort zone. Always start with a low setting and increase it with time.
- Location Sensor, Using its inbuilt location sensor, flexcare can detect where you have brushed, or missed, same as Oral B 8000 or Braun Oral B Genius X. This is quite handy as will make you go back and clean those areas or pay more attention next time you brush.
- Bluetooth Connected – Like most high-end electric toothbrushes, this brush has Bluetooth enabled.This allows you to connect it with Sonicare app for real-time feedback and coaching on how to you brush and how to brush well.
- Brush head tracker – The brush can track your brush head usage and suggest via Sonicare app when to change it.
- Remember to change the brush head every three months.
- Ability to remove plaque ten times better than the manual toothbrush. Its brush head adjusts and adapts to each tooth you clean to give you a superior clean
- A premium travel case to keep your brush safe when travelling
- 2 brush heads: InterCare and Adaptive Clean
Check the Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer.
4. Oral B Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
Unfortunately, to date, there is no any Oral B electric toothbrush with UV Sanitizer. Alternatively, you can decide to buy a UV cleaner itself as a separate unit. In this case, the best one to go for is the Aquatrend UV Toothbrush & Toothpaste Holder, with Drying & Build-in Fan, Wall Mounted Toothbrush Organizer, 5 Slots for Bathroom Family Kids, USB Charging Equipped with Adapter, 3 Stickers.
This UV device is suitable for all kinds of electric toothbrushes plus manual toothbrushes. It takes only eight minutes to dry and sanitize the toothbrush and kills up to 99% of bacteria and viruses.
- You can charge it using a USB cable
- It is quite easy to use. You just open the cover, put the toothbrush in and close it then the device will clean your brush automatically and switches itself off after finishing sanitizing.
5. Dazzlepro Elements Sonic Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizing Rechargeable Charging Base
The Dazzlepro Elements Sonic Electric Toothbrush is one of the best selling electric toothbrush with UV sanitizer. It comes in gold, silver and charcoal colour options to choose from.
With it you get:
- Four cleaning modes: daily clean for regular use , massage for gently brushing your teeth when they in pain or bleeding gums and whitening and polish for removing teeth stains.
- 2 weeks long-lasting Lithium ion battery battery
- 2 minutes timer with a pacer to help brush at the recommended 2 minutes time, twice a day. After every thirty seconds, the brush pauses to alert you to move from cleaning one area to another area.
- UV sanitizer for killing up to 99 per cent of bacteria. To turn the UV light on, you have to pull and push back the tray before closing it
- 3 brush heads
- Dazzlepro also comes with one year warranty for peace of mind
- No travel case, pressure sensor (for alerting you when you brush hard) or Bluetooth connectivity
Check it out, the Dazzlepro Elements Sonic Electric Toothbrush.
6. Sonic-FX Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
The Sonic-FX Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer employs the clinically proven superior sonic technology of cleaning teeth. It involves multiple oscillations (31000 strokes of bristles per minute). For a more effective deep cleaning experience, the bristles align well with teeth. The contoured bristles easily reach the entire surface of your teeth and gums for deep cleaning of gums and crevices. It has a handy UV cleaner that uses UV wavelength light with a 7 minutes timer to rid your brush head of up to 99% of germs.
- Sonic has a rechargeable cordless base for less hassle. No messing about with power cables. You use the USB cable to recharge it.
- It is great for travelling because the charger can last for two weeks of continuous regular use on one full charge. The cordless base makes it quite portable and handy.
- This electric toothbrush has an auto timer that helps you brush for at least two minutes as recommended by dentists
- It features a quadpacer that alerts you to move to the next section of your mouth when cleaning so that you can effectively clean all sections of your mouth.
- It comes with three brushing modes to cater to all your dental cleaning needs. Here are the cleaning modes: Super- for overall deep daily cleaning, Normal for regular use and Massage: for stimulating gums to make the blood flow effectively to the massaged area which in turn increases your body’s immune system to protect infected gums.
- You get 4 brush heads
This toothbrush comes with a hassle-free one-year guarantee for peace of mind. The Sonic toothbrush offers you the same perks of top-end electric toothbrushes like oral b and Sonicare but on a pocket-friendly price. The sonic cleaning technology is effective in removing more plaque than a manual toothbrush. It has a quad pacer and auto timer o keep you is a step with dentists recommendation and the three cleaning modes cater for most of the crucial cleaning areas of your oral care. This is a decent toothbrush with no frills but will give you a better cleaning experience.
Check it out, the Sonic-FX Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer.
7. Philips Sonicare FlexCare Whitening Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush) with UV Sanitizer
The Philips Sonicare FlexCare Whitening Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush like most Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes employs patented Sonicare technology that creates up to 31000 revolutions per minute.
It is currently unavailable n Amazon.
This technique removes up to 7 times more plaque than a manual brush by filtrating fluids between teeth. It helps to reduce gum disease by removing hidden food particles and germs that build up under the gums and teeth. It, in general, helps reduce the chance of gingivitis infection.
- The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Premium comes with a UV Brush Sanitizer which keeps the brush germ free and disinfected. You run the UV light sanitizer for 7 minutes for the best results.
- It features a Travel charger that is portable and compact.
- It includes two hard travel cases, travel caps for hygienic purposes, two flexcare handles, and two Diamondclean brush heads.
- Wide range of accessories: Includes 2 Flexcare Handles, 2 Diamond Clean Standard Brush Heads, 1 Compact Travel Charger, 2 Hygienic Travel Caps, 2 Hard Travel Cases,
- It has Five brushing modes for your ultimate flexibility. You can vary your cleaning depending on your needs.
Here are the cleaning modes:
- gum care for massaging and stimulating your gums to remove hidden plaque,
- a sensitive mode for sensitive teeth and to reduce instances of over-brushing. Brushing too hard can be harmful to your teeth.
- Daily Clean for day to day full power cleaning of teeth.
- The timer helps you brush effectively to the dentists recommended two minutes brushing for best results while the quad pacer ensures that you brush all sections of your mouth effectively.
- Whitens teeth in just one week.
- It features an easy start module that initially pushes lower revolutions and after 12 times teeth brushing, the full Sonicare power increases to the normal full setting.
- Great battery: Philips Sonicare batteries last more than two weeks on one charge (3 weeks). It comes with a manufacturer’s 2 years limited guaranteed.
The Flexcare Sonicare has cool features and looks quite glossy. It is powerful yet gentle to teeth and gums and can even be used on teeth with braces.
Check the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Whitening Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush.
What is the Best Sonic electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer?
The Fairywill PRO Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer is definitely the best of the pack in Sonic toothbrushes with UV sanitizer.
It has 5 cleaning modes, a decent travelling case and three brush heads to tackle all teeth conditions. At the time of writing, this was definitely the product that offered the best value for money due to the fact that it has features mostly found in premium toothbrushes but has a budget friendly price.
Smile Bright Store Platinum Electronic Sonic Toothbrush with UV Antibacterial Sanitizing Charging Case comes closely second. It has three cleaning modes, it has soft DuPont bristles and is ADA recommended. It has a long lasting battery that can stay for two weeks after just one charge.
What’s a Toothbrush Sanitizer?
A toothbrush sanitizer is a unit that uses short wavelength ultraviolet (UV) light to eliminate or perhaps inactivate the microorganism. UV light has been implemented since the early 1900s to kill or perhaps sterilize infectious organisms. These days, UV toothbrush sanitizers are used to kill microorganisms on the toothbrush heads.
Drawbacks and benefits of a sanitiser. Below are some of the benefits of using a UV sanitizer on your toothbrushes.
- Sanitization through UV doesn’t involve harmful chemicals.
- Fresh, stress-free (hands off) and easy means for killing bacteria.
- Successful with up to a 99.9 % success rate.
- Many different designs to suit different styles and preferences.
- Battery and mains driven solutions.
- Some can be used up as travel/storage situations.
- Cost effective.
Cons Not a common size. Not every sanitizer are going to work with all toothbrushes
Does UV Light Really Sanitize Toothbrushes?
Studies show that UV light can kill bacteria. And it can reduce a significant amount of viruses on toothbrushes but not all. Therefore in addition to using a UV sanitizing device to kill bacteria, do also one of the following:
- Wash your hands before brushing to avoid transferring bacteria from hands to the toothbrush
- Rinse your toothbrush immediate after using it to get rid of toothpaste residue that can act as a growing place for viruses if left uncleaned
- Store your toothbrush upright to help it air dry quickly
- Keep your brush away from the toilets sink and bowl to avoid contamination
- Soak your brush head in the mouthwash for 20 minutes, this in itself can also kill of bacteria
- You can also run your toothbrush in the dishwasher
- Replace brush heads after every three to four-month time and don not share them with others to avoid cross-contamination
- Get all Cyber Monday toothbrush offers here.
Which is your best electric toothbrush with UV sanitizer so far?
- Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus/Platinum vs Protectiveclean Reviews
- Best Electric Toothbrush 2023 – Top Picks
Dr. Tom Bell has a PhD in Medical Anthropology. He has a keen interest in oral health topics and is the founder of dentalrave. He has been an oral health researcher and electric toothbrush enthusiast for over 10 years. Tom works with Awin and others in his research. When not talking about dental hygiene and gadgets, Tom likes spending time outdoors hiking.
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API