Here are the best electric toothbrush with UV Sanitizer 2020? Find out below. Electric toothbrushes discussed here use UV wavelength light with a set minutes timer to rid your brush head of up to 99% of germs. Using the UV cleaner is better than cleaning your brush heads with hot water.
1. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer is one of the best mid-range electric toothbrushes. It has a lot of nice features to wish for including:
- A UV-Sanitizer to keep your brush head free from up to 99% of bacteria and viruses
- A built-in timer with a pacer that buzzes every 30 seconds to alert you to move to another mouth section until all four mouth sections are covere4d. The timer also helps you brush at recommended dentists 2 minutes brushing time, twice a day.
- An inbuilt pressure sensor that buzzes and slow down the brush speed to alert you not to brush your teeth too hard.
- 3 cleaning modes (daily clean, deep clean and whitening) plus three cleaning intensities (low, mid, high). This gives you control on which cleaning results you want to achieve whether stain removal or healthy teeth and gums or both and under which comfort zone. Always start with a low setting and increase it as you get used to using it.
- Location Sensor – More like the new Oral B Genius X or Oral B 8000 with ability to detect where your toothbrush is, this Sonicare toothbrush has ability using its inbuilt location sensor to detect and show you where you have brushed and where you have missed. This is quite handy as will make you go back and clean those areas or pay more attention next time you brush.
- Bluetooth Connected – Like most high-end electric toothbrushes, this brush is Bluetooth enabled in which you can connect with the Sonicare app to get real-time feedback and coaching on how to you brush and how to brush well.
- Brush head tracker – The brush has the ability to track your brush head usage and suggest via Sonicare app when to change it. It is advised to change the brush head every three months time.
- Ability to remove plaque ten times better than the manual toothbrush. Its brush head adjusts and adapts to each individual tooth you clean to give you a superior clean
- A premium travel case to keep your brush safe when travelling
- 2 brush heads: InterCare and Adaptive Clean
2. Oral B Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
Unfortunately, to date, there is no any Oral B electric toothbrush with UV Sanitizer. Alternatively, you can decide to buy a UV cleaner itself as a separate unit. In this case the best one for family use is the AQUATREND UV Toothbrush Sanitizer & Toothpaste Holder with Ultraviolet Light Sterilization Function, Drying & Build-in Fan, 5 Slots for Family with Kids, Shower Bathroom, USB Charging Equipped with Adapter and for personal use, go for Toothbrush Sterilizer Mini Portable UVC LED Sanitizer Travel Organizer USB Charge (Matte Black).
This UV device is suitable for all kinds of electric toothbrushes plus manual toothbrushes. It takes only three minutes to sanitize the toothbrush and kills up to 99% of bacteria and viruses.
- This device has battery status indicator, flashing red when the charge is 30% left to remind you to charge it
- You can charge it using a USB cable
- It is quite easy to use. You just open the cover, put the toothbrush in and close it then the device will clean your brush automatically and switches itself off after finishing sanitizing.
3. Pursonic S750 Sonic SmartSeries Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Toothbrush with UV Sanitizing Function
The Pursonic S750 Sonic SmartSeries Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Toothbrush with UV Sanitizing Function, Black, Includes 12 Brush Headswith UV Sanitizing Function is one of the best ultrasonic electric toothbrush on the market today. With it you get:
- Three cleaning modes: daily clean for regular use and massage for gently brushing your teeth when they in pain or bleeding gums and whitening for removing teeth stains.
- 2 weeks long lasting battery
- 2 minutes timer with pacer to help brush at the recommended 2 minutes time, twice a day. After every thirty seconds, the brush pauses to alert you to move from cleaning one area to another area.
- UV sanitizer for killing up to 99 per cent of bacteria. To turn the UV light on, you have to pull and push back the tray before closing it
- 12 brush heads with different colour rings to last you up to 3 years. It can be used as a family toothbrush by swapping brush heads
- Can remove up to 300 percent of bacteria along the gum line compared to the manual toothbrush
- No travel case, pressure sensor (for alerting you when you brush hard) or Bluetooth connectivity, when compared to Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer , reviewed above
4. Philips Sonicare FlexCare Whitening Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush) with UV Sanitizer
The Philips Sonicare FlexCare Whitening Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush) is nowadays no longer includes a UV Sanitizer. Go for Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer instead.
Like most Philips Sonicare toothbrushes employs that patented Sonicare technology that creates up to 31000 revolutions per minute. This technique is scientifically proven to remove 7 times more plaque than a manual brush by filtrating fluids between teeth. The Sonic technology also aids you to reduce gum disease because hidden food particles and germs that build up under the gums are effortlessly removed by the thousands of movements made by the toothbrush. It, in general, helps reduce the chance of gingivitis infection.
- The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Premium comes with a UV Brush Sanitizer which keeps the brush germ free and disinfected. You run the UV light sanitizer for 7 minutes for the best results.
- It features a Travel charger that is portable and compact.
- It is also accessorized by two hard travel cases, travel caps for hygienic purposes, two flexcare handles, and two Diamondclean brush heads.
- Wide range of accessories: Includes 2 Flexcare Handles, 2 Diamond Clean Standard Brush Heads, 1 Compact Travel Charger, 2 Hygienic Travel Caps, 2 Hard Travel Cases,
- It has Five brushing modes for your ultimate flexibility. You can vary your cleaning depending on your needs.
The cleaning modes are highlighted by background illuminated display which indicates to you the cleaning mode you are currently using. Here are the cleaning modes: gum care for massaging and stimulating your gums to remove hidden plaque, a sensitive mode for sensitive teeth and to reduce instances of over-brushing. Brushing too hard can be harmful to your teeth. The other cleaning mode is Clean which is meant for day to day full power cleaning of teeth. You also get two customised routines for your dental care. It comes with a timer and quardpacer.The timer helps you brush effectively to the dentists recommended two minutes brushing for best results while the quadpacer ensures that you brush all sections of your mouth effectively. Whitens teeth in just one week.It has an easy start module that initially pushes lower revolutions and when you get used to the using Sonicare toothbrushes, after 12 times teeth brushing, the full Sonicare power is released. Great battery: Philips Sonicare batteries last more than two weeks on one charge (3 weeks). It comes with a manufacturer’s 2 years limited guaranteed. However, I am convinced that Sonicare bristles clean better due to the thousands of movements that push fluids into crannies, crevices and in between teeth. The Flexcare Sonicare has cool features and looks quite glossy, it is powerful yet gentle and can even be used on teeth with braces.Check the Philips Sonicare FlexCare Whitening Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush 2 Count Bundleon Amazon
5. Sonic Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer
The Sonic Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer employs the clinically proven superior sonic technology of cleaning teeth. It involves multiple oscillations (31000 strokes of bristles per minute).For a more effective deep cleaning experience, the bristles are contoured to align well with teeth. The contoured bristles easily reach the entire surface of your teeth and gums for deep cleaning of gums and crevices. It has a handy UV cleaner that uses UV wavelength light with a 7 minutes timer to rid your brush head of up to 99% of germs.
- It has a rechargeable cordless base for less hassle. No messing about with power cables.
- It is great for travelling because the charger can last for two weeks of continuous regular use on one full charge. The cordless base makes it quite portable and handy.
- It has an auto timer that helps you brush for at least two minutes as recommended by dentists
- It features a quadpacer that alerts you to move to the next section of your mouth when cleaning so that you can effectively clean all sections of your mouth.
- It comes with three brushing modes to cater to all your dental cleaning needs. Here are the cleaning modes: Standard- for overall deep daily cleaning
Soft for gentle cleaning of sensitive areas like under the gums
Massage: for stimulating gums- stimulating your gums is recommended by dentists because it makes blood to flow effectively to the massaged area which in turn increases your body’s immune system to protect infected gums.
This toothbrush comes with a hassle-free one-year guarantee for peace of mind. The Sonic toothbrush offers you the same perks of top-end electric toothbrushes like oral b and Sonicare but on a pocket-friendly price. The sonic cleaning technology is effective in removing up to 7 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush. It has a quadpacer and auto timer o keep you is a step with dentists recommendation and the three cleaning modes cater for most of the crucial cleaning areas of your oral care. This is a decent toothbrush with no frills but will give you better cleaning experience.Check the Sonic Electric Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer on Amazon
Does UV Light Really Sanitize Toothbrushes?
Studies show that UV light can kill bacteria. And it can reduce a significant amount of viruses on toothbrushes but not all. Therefore in addition to using a UV sanitizing device to kill bacteria, do also one of the following:
- Wash your hands before brushing to avoid transferring bacteria from hands to the toothbrush
- Rinse your toothbrush immediate after using it to get rid of toothpaste residue that can act as a growing place for viruses if left uncleaned
- Store your toothbrush upright to help it air dry quickly
- Keep your brush away from the toilets sink and bowl to avoid from being splashed with dirt water
- Soak your brush head in the mouthwash for 20 minutes, this in itself can also kill of bacterias
- You can also run your toothbrush in the dishwasher
- Replace brush heads after every three to four-month time and don not share them with others to avoid cross-contamination