Here are the best electric toothbrush for receding gums 2020?. These toothbrushes are the most recommended electric toothbrushes for stopping receding gums from receding further. They can reverse bleeding, inflamed, swollen gums in just two weeks.
However, if you have developed deep pockets, make up your mind to see your dentist for treatment. The condition can be reversed if you see the dentist for deep cleaning (root scaling and planing) and or gum graft surgery.
Apart from that the electric toothbrushes below will help you not only to stop receding gums from getting worse but also to maintain healthy gums after gum treatment. They have a good number of things in common:
- Pressure sensors to stop you from brushing your teeth and gums too hard as brushing aggressively is one of the main causes of gum recession.
- 2 minute timer to help you brush at recommended 2 minutes time
- Ability to remove more plaque than manual toothbrushes
- Gum massage and sensitive mode for gently brushing and stimulating gums to remove more plaque
Best Electric Toothbrushes for Receding Gums 2020
1. Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Smart Electric Toothbrush
To stop receding gums from receding further, you need an electric toothbrush that can take care of plaque before turning up into tartar. And as you already know bacteria do not only develop on teeth but also on gums and on your tongue. This is where thePhilips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9700 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush comes handy. It offers a complete oral care. It includes modes not only for cleaning teeth but also gums and your tongue.
- Sonicare DiamondClean employs the Phillips brand’s patented sonic vibration technology that uses 31,000 brush strokes-per-minute to break down and clean plaque from the teeth.
- The bristles on the brush head are shaped like diamonds, hence the name. The bristles effectively combat plaque to clean the teeth, remove stains and whiten them.
- It has 5 brushing modes. These include; White, Clean, Polish, Sensitive and Gum Care.
- Its body is smooth and curved, with one physical button that is both the power button and the mode-switching button. It has 5 indicator lights to indicate the current brushing mode.
- It comes with two replacement brush heads of the same model, with heads that are similar to those of manual toothbrushes. This helps users who are transitioning from a manual toothbrush to an electric one adapt better and faster.
- It also comes with a Phillips Quadpacer timer that will prompt you to move onto brushing the next quadrant of your mouth every 30 seconds.
- On a full battery, it can last for about 20 days in between charges, even with frequent use.
- The Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9700 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush comes with a charging glass that can double up as a rinsing glass and a USB charger.
2. Philips Sonicare-FlexCare Platinum Electric Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum, Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush was designed exclusively with gum care in mind.
Philips Sonicare-FlexCare Platinum users see improvements in the health of their gums in just 2 weeks. When purchasing the FlexCare-Platinum, you are given the choice of two brush heads with the InterCare brush head being the most recommended brush head for dealing with inflamed and bleeding gums.
Along with the gum health setting, there are two other modes available: Clean and White.
To avoid over brushing, which is a very common cause of gum recession, the pressure sensor on the Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum warns users when they are brushing too hard. This model has been commended for its battery life as well.
3. Oral-B Pro 3000 Electronic Power Rechargeable Battery Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity
Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity has key features that are effective in fighting gum recession and sensitive teeth.
- It has gum care, sensitive (massage) and daily clean cleaning modes. The gum care and sensitive mode are specially designed to be gentle on the gums while removing plaque and tartar from the gum line.
- It comes with soft bristles which are gentle to the gums and sensitive teeth.
- It also has a pressure sensor to guard you against brushing too hard, aggressive brushing is one of the causes of gum recession.
- The gum care gently massages your gums to stimulate blood flow. The sensitive and gum care modes lower the intensities of the oscillations and pulsations the brush head makes. In the sensitive mode, the pulsations and oscillations are reduced from the standard 8800 oscillations and 40000 pulsations to less aggressive oscillations of 6500 and pulsations of 30000. The low intensities are gentle to your gums but still quite effective at removing plaque.
- The 3000 Oral B pro comes with two brush heads one a sensitive brush head and a standard cross action toothbrush. The sensitive brush head comes with soft bristles that are suitable for sensitive teeth.
- It also has a pressure sensor that alerts you when you are brushing too hards. Brushing aggressively is a key cause of gum recession. The pressure sensor will keep you from brushing too hard.
Like most quality electric brushes, the Oral-B 3000 Smartseries Electric Toothbrush has timers and quardpacers to enable you to clean all zones of your mouth. It comes with a solid 3 years guarantee.
4. Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Electric Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health rechargeable electric toothbrush is the number one most recommended best electric toothbrush for receding gums.
It has been specifically designed to cater for gum health especially gum recession. It has a special brush head called ProResults gum health that is gentle to the gums when cleaning your teeth. It is calibrated for advanced plaque removal
Key Benefits of using the Sonicare 3 Series
- It has blue bristles that remind you when it is time to replace your brush head.
- It has three intensities that cater to your different needs. The low intensities are most suited for receding gums and sensitive teeth because the bristle movements are gentle and less aggressive.
- It removes six times more plaque from under the gum line than an ordinary toothbrush.
- The brush head is oblong shaped to enable it to evenly and gently clean.
- It operates on Sonicare patented technology that makes 62000 bristle movements per minute. The swift bristle movements sweep fluids into deeply hidden parts of your dental structure to remove plaque.
- It has an easy-grip ergonomic handle that is convenient to handle.
- It has a quadpacer and smart timer that help you effectively clean your teeth to the dentist recommended time.
- It has a colour-coded charge indicator that alerts you when your battery is running low. Like most Philips Sonicare brushes, the 3 Series has long-lasting batteries that can last for three weeks on a single charge.
- This Philips Sonicare 3 Series gum health rechargeable electric toothbrush comes with a small compact charger and a travelling charger and is quite portable.
Itcan a slightly noisier than other high end powered toothbrushes.
5. Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare FlexCare+ rechargeable electric toothbrush promises to restore your gums in two weeks. This is a bold claim; let us find out how they accomplish this.
It has five cleaning modes:
- Clean for high standard daily cleaning,
- Re-fresh refreshing and touching up;
- Sensitive mode for cleaning sensitive teeth and gums with gentle bristle strokes;
- Massage mode that stimulates your gums by massaging them to trigger blood flow;
- Gum care mode that cleans for a total of three minutes.
Two minutes for standard exceptional cleaning and an added minute to gently clean under the gum line and other problem areas.
As you can see there are three dedicated cleaning modes for dealing with sensitive teeth and receding gums:
- massage and
- Gum care.
For instance, the massage cleaning mode that enables massaging of gums increases blood flow to the gums which in turn enhances immunity of the gums and protects your gums from harmful bacteria that could be building up.
Meanwhile, the gum care mode in which the gum line and sensitive teeth are gently cleaned without aggravating sensitivity or causing damage to the gum tissue offers you the most appropriate gentle cleaning solution for receding gums and sensitive teeth.
The Philips Sonicare FlexCare+ rechargeable electric toothbrush also uses ProResults brush head that is contoured so as to access those tricky hard to reach areas and under the gum-line without causing any bruises. It removes six times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
6. Waterpik Complete Care 9.0 Sonic Electric Toothbrush + Water Flosser
The Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush combine the power of flossing and brushing with an electric toothbrush into one. The Waterpik toothbrush uses pulsations that easily break down plaque and hidden tartar from your teeth and gums.
Flossing removes plaque and food residue from hard to reach zones of your dental structure. The plaque is washed down through focused water pressure directed at your gumline in a flossing action. The pressurized water flowing through a tip massages the gums and removes hidden plaque that could be building up along your gumline.
- Flossing when done well reverse gingivitis in two weeks of continuous use
- It gives you dual cleaning by flossing and brushing with a power brush
- It removes plaque in hidden areas of your mouth where a brush may not reach
- The Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush is quite easy and straightforward to use.
- It comes with an orthodontic.
It is quite bulky when compared to most standard electric toothbrushes.
7. Oral-B Pro-6000 Electric Toothbrush
The Oral-B Pro 6000 Smart Series Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is a great option for those looking for a sensitive toothbrush to fight gum recession. This system comes with five brushing modes, we recommend the sensitive mode if you are having trouble with your gums. This mode uses less rotational power, treating your gum line with care.
Like the FlexCare Platinum, this brush comes with three brush head options: the Floss Action as well as the Sensitive Clean and 3D White. If it’s gum care you’re looking for, the Sensitive Clean head is recommended. Unlike many electronic brushes on the market, this model is also very quiet. What sets the Oral-B Pro-6000 apart from its competitors is the phone app it can be paired with. Using Bluetooth, this app gives you objective insight into your brushing habits.
8. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is one of the best toothbrushes for receding gums. Like others, it has a built-in pressure sensor for alerting you when your brush hard and 2 minute timer to help you brush at the recommended two minutes time.
Additionally, this 5100 gum health electric toothbrush includes a gum care cleaning mode which is quite handy for brushing sensitive gums and a whitening mode for cleaning teeth surface stains. When you choose this mode, you will be made to clean your gums for one more minute but at reduced speed to make the brushing less painful.
The 5100 will let you know when to change the brush head using its inbuilt-in Sonicare BrushSync technology. As you continue using the brush head, it accumulates bacteria with time, therefore it is recommended to change it on time (after 3 to 4 month of continuous use). The 5100 will you know when to change the head through a beep sound and a light on the handle.
Other add-ons that come with Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush include a nice travel case, a two week long lasting battery when fully charged and a fact that you can use it even with braces.
Is An Electric Toothbrush Better For Receding Gums?
When compared to manual toothbrushes, the electric toothbrushes are much better when dealing receding gums. This is because they have advanced features that are quite good when comes to keeping your gums healthy. These features include:
- Ability to remove more plaque than manual toothbrushes (https://www.cochrane.org/CD002281/ORAL_poweredelectric-toothbrushes-compared-to-manual-toothbrushes-for-maintaining-oral-health)
- Bluetooth capability to track and help improve your brushing habit
- Pressure sensor to stop you from brushing your teeth too hard. Your job is to guide the brush and let it do its work
- Advanced technology that enable brush heads to vibrate for help cleaning between teeth and along the gum line in additional to tooth to tooth cleaning capability
- 2 minutes timer to help you brush at the recommended dentist 2 minutes cleaning time
- Gum massage mode for gently brushing and stimulating blood and saliva flow to the affected area helping it for fight bacteria and to heal quickly
- Different brush heads to cater for different uses, for instance heads for sensitive teeth (soft bristles brush heads), and for teeth whitening
Can electric toothbrush irritate gums?
This depends on how you use it:
- You are advised against scrubbing or brushing your teeth and gums so hard as doing so will irritate them. You just need to guide the brush to do it work, no manual brushing effort is needed when using an electric toothbrush
- You need to change the brush heads after every three to four months use time. You can even change it earlier if the bristles are frayed or broken as using frayed brush head can irritate gums and make them more painful
Getting one of the best toothbrushes for receding gums discussed above is one of the best ways to getting rid of early gum disease and prevents receding gums from worsening. However, for complete oral care, you also need to floss and mouth rinse daily to get rid of buildup plaque.
Which is your best electric toothbrush for receding gums so far?
- None Found