Find the best electric toothbrush for receding gums and sensitive teeth 2019: These toothbrushes have pressure sensors, timers and at least two cleaning modes which ensure that you don’t aggravate your gums by brushing too hard, they teach you to brush for at least two minutes and brush all zones of your mouth to effectively deal with plaque. Brushing too hard is one of the causes of gum recession.
Using an electric toothbrush can help you treat gum recession and recede gingivitis (the scientific term for receding gums). Electric toothbrushes and water flossers are more suited for dealing with receding gums because they remove more plaque than manual brushes.
Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health – Best Rated Electric Toothbrush For Receding Gums
The Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Electric Toothbrush is the number one most recommended best electric toothbrush for receding gums.
It has been specifically designed to cater for gum health especially gum recession. It has a special brush head called ProResults gum health that is gentle to the gums when cleaning your teeth. It is calibrated for advanced plaque removal
Key Benefits of using the Sonicare 3 Series
- It has blue bristles that remind you when it is time to replace your brush head.
- It has three intensities that cater to your different needs. The low intensities are most suited for receding gums and sensitive teeth because the bristle movements are gentle and less aggressive.
- It removes six times more plaque from under the gumline than an ordinary toothbrush.
- The brush head is oblong shaped to enable it to evenly and gently clean.
- It operates on Sonicare patented technology that makes 62000 bristle movements per minute. The swift bristle movements sweep fluids into deeply hidden parts of your dental structure to remove plaque.
- It has an easy-grip ergonomic handle that is convenient to handle.
- It has a quadpacer and smart timer that help you effectively clean your teeth to the dentist recommended time.
- It has a color-coded charge indicator that alerts you when your battery is running low. Like most Philips Sonicare brushes, the 3 Series has long lasting batteries that can last for three weeks on a single charge.
- It comes with a small compact charger and a traveling charger. It is quite portable.
- Specially designed ProResults brush head that removes six times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- Long lasting and two color-coded battery indicator that alerts you when the battery charge is going down.
- Three brushing intensities that cater for your different brushing needs and provides gentle brushing experience.
The 3 series can a slightly noisier than other high end powered toothbrushes.
Check the gum health series 3 price here on Amazon
Oral-B Pro-6000 – Best Oral B Electric Toothbrush For Receding Gums
The Oral-B Pro-6000 Electric Toothbrush is a great option for those looking for a sensitive toothbrush to fight gum recession. This system comes with five brushing modes, we recommend the sensitive mode if you are having trouble with your gums. This mode uses less rotational power, treating your gum line with care.
Like the FlexCare Platinum, this brush comes with three brush head options: the Floss Action as well as the Sensitive Clean and 3D White. If it’s gum care you’re looking for, the Sensitive Clean head is recommended. Unlike many electronic brushes on the market, this model is also very quiet. What sets the Oral-B Pro-6000 apart from its competitors is the phone app it can be paired with. Using Bluetooth, this app gives you objective insight into your brushing habits.
Here is the Oral-B Pro 6000 price on Amazon
Philips Sonicare HX6921/30 Flexcare Plus – Best Electric Toothbrush For Sensitive Teeth and Receding Gums
The Philips Sonicare HX6921/30 Flexcare Plus promises to restore your gums in two weeks. This is a bold claim; let us find out how they accomplish this.
It has five cleaning modes:
- Clean for high standard daily cleaning,
- Re-fresh refreshing and touching up;
- Sensitive mode for cleaning sensitive teeth and gums with gentle bristle strokes;
- Massage mode that stimulates your gums by massaging them to trigger blood flow;
- Gum care mode that cleans for a total of three minutes.
Two minutes for standard exceptional cleaning and an added minute to gently clean under the gum line and other problem areas.
As you can see there are three dedicated cleaning modes for dealing with sensitive teeth and receding gums:
- massage and
- Gum care.
For instance, the massage cleaning mode that enables massaging of gums increases blood flow to the gums which in turn enhances immunity of the gums and protects your gums from harmful bacteria that could be building up.
Meanwhile, the gum care mode in which the gum line and sensitive teeth are gently cleaned without aggravating sensitivity or causing damage to the gum tissue offers you the most appropriate gentle cleaning solution for receding gums and sensitive teeth.
The FlexCare Plus HX6921/30 also uses ProResults brush head that is contoured so as to access those tricky hard to reach areas and under the gum-line without causing any bruises. It removes six times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
The Flexcare plus platinum has three intensities low, medium and high which you can toggle to your specification. Obviously, low intensity is the most suitable for cleaning sensitive teeth and combat gum recession.
Check the Flexcare Plus Sonic latest price on Amazon
Oral B Pro 3000 -Best Soft Electric Toothbrush For Receding Gums
The Oral B Pro 3000 has key features that are effective in fighting gum recession and sensitive teeth.
- It has gum care, sensitive (massage) and daily clean cleaning modes. The gum care and sensitive mode are specially designed to be gentle on the gums while removing plaque and tartar from the gum line.
- It comes with soft bristles which are gentle to the gums and sensitive teeth.
- It also has a pressure sensor to guard you against brushing too hard, aggressive brushing is one of the causes of gum recession.
- The gum care gently massages your gums to stimulate blood flow. The sensitive and gum care modes lower the intensities of the oscillations and pulsations the brush head makes. In the sensitive mode, the pulsations and oscillations are reduced from the standard 8800 oscillations and 40000 pulsations to less aggressive oscillations of 6500 and pulsations of 30000. The low intensities are gentle to your gums but still quite effective at removing plaque.
- The 3000 Oral B pro comes with two brush heads one a sensitive brush head and a standard cross action toothbrush. The sensitive brush head comes with soft bristles that are suitable for sensitive teeth.
- It also has a pressure sensor that alerts you when you are brushing too hards.Brushing aggressively is a key cause of gum recession The sensor will keep you from brushing too hard.
Like most quality electric brushes, the 3000 has timers and quardpacers to enable you to clean all zones of your mouth. It comes with a solid 3 years guarantee.
Check the Oral-B Pro 3000price on Amazon
Philips Sonicare-FlexCare Platinum – Best Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush for Receding Gums
The Philips Sonicare-FlexCare Platinum Electric Toothbrush was designed exclusively with gum care in mind. One of the pricier options on our list, Sonicare-FlexCare Platinum users see improvements in the health of their gums in just 2 weeks. When purchasing the FlexCare-Platinum, you are given the choice of two brush heads.
If you are looking for improved gum health, the InterCare brush heads are recommended as they are very effective in dealing with gingival bleeding and inflammation. Along with the gum health setting, there are two other modes available: Clean and White.
To avoid over brushing, which is a very common cause of gum recession, the pressure sensor on the FlexCare Platinum warns users when they are brushing too hard. This model has been commended for its battery life as well.
Check the Sonicare Flexcare Platinum price on Amazon
Is Waterpik Good for Receding Gums
The Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush combines the power of flossing and brushing with an electric toothbrush into one. The Waterpik toothbrush uses pulsations that easily break down plaque and hidden tartar from your teeth and gums.
Flossing removes plaque and food residue from hard to reach zones of your dental structure. The plaque is washed down through focused water pressure directed at your gumline in a flossing action. The pressurized water flowing through a tip massages the gums and removes hidden plaque that could be building up along your gumline.
- Flossing when done well reverse gingivitis in two weeks of continuous use
- It gives you dual cleaning by flossing and brushing with a power brush
- It removes plaque in hidden areas of your mouth where a brush may not reach
- It is quite easy and straightforward to use.
- It comes with an orthodontic.
It is quite bulky when compared to most standard electric toothbrushes.
Check the Waterpik Complete Care latest price on Amazon