It is scientifically proven that water flosser just like electric toothbrushes performs way better in cleaning in between your teeth than traditional string flosser.
The best cordless water flosser employs the same mechanism as traditional countertop flossers, the only difference is that they have no cord and they are usually smaller and portable.
There are numerous cordless water oral irrigators in the US market, however, only some of them will give you great value for money.
Below we review best cordless oral irrigators that will give you value for your money.
Compare Best Cordless Water Flossers 2018
Best Cordless Water Flosser Reviews
With only one minute daily use, you will see a remarkable improvement in your dental health in two weeks.
- It is waterproof and comfortable be used in the shower.
- It is quite portable and battery operated. It uses 3 AA batteries which should last for at least two months of daily use.
- It comes fitted with three tips for flossing, a traveling bag, and two pressure settings.
The Waterpik WF-03 freedom cordless flosser can be used by anyone including those with braces, periodontal pockets, crowns and implants.
Cons of the Best Portable Oral Irrigator
- Only has two pressure settings, no very low-pressure mode
- The cost of buying batteries could add up over time.
Pros of the Best Cordless Waterpik:
- Ability to deep clean by using due to the well-calibrated jet pressure and dental pulsations
Effortless to refill
- Very portable
- It comes with a water plug to avoid any accidental leaking
- Has a handy traveling bag
It has pulsed water columns that work under high pressure to dislodge hidden tarter plaque and reduce sensitivity on your teeth. These high water pressure pulses provide an all-around cleaning of cavities and eliminate stains and slit on your teeth.
It has three operating settings (Pulse [massage], soft and Normal powerful [strong]) to cater for different dental care needs. You are advised to start on the soft setting before you get accustomed to using the flosser.
- Buttons (On/Off) are positioned in the middle of the handle which makes it easy to accidentally turn it off while in operation.
- Does not have a traditional charger but rather uses USB charging only.
Pros of this best cordless oral irrigator
- Its waterproof and can be used in the shower
- It operates on a long-lasting 1500 Ma rechargeable battery (up to two weeks battery life)
- It comes with a universal USB port for charging
- It has 4 detachable 3600 nozzles; two of the rotating nozzles are made of silicon; specially designed for sensitive teeth.
- It has a large 180ml water capacity
- Effectively deep clean all crevices and had to reach zones in your teeth structure due to 3600 rotating nozzles and pressurized water columns.
It features 3600 rotation tips that can floss your gums from any angle and also access hard to reach zones of your teeth structure.
This water flosser is arguably the best waterpik for travel because it has dual charging system which is excellent for international travel; you can charge the magnetic charger on US sockets and international sockets that require at least 240 volts.
Travel Waterpik Reviews: Pros
- The Waterpik WP-560 comes in four different colors
- It features electronic pressure control and three pressure modes to cater for all types of oral care needs.
- It has an LED charge indicator to help you track levels of your battery charge.
- It has 360 degrees rotation flossing tips that effortless deep clean your teeth and gums.
- It runs on rapid magnetic charging that quickly recharges the battery for your convenience.
- The battery has LED indicator that highlights the progress of charging.
- It has electronic controls that enable you to effortlessly toggle between the different pressure settings (low, medium and device).
- The water capacity can last for 45 seconds of continuous flossing which is long enough to floss those problematic zones in your dental structure.
- This flosser comes in four different colors to cater for different styles and preference.
- The Waterpik WP-560 works perfectly with the dual charging system. It can be charged both in the US (110 V) and globally (240 V).
- It’s a bit bulky
- The battery cannot be replaced in case it gets damaged.
Review of Waterpik WP- 560
The manufacturers of Waterpik WP-560 are confident that you will see a marked improvement in the health of your gums after only two weeks use. They back this claim with a no questions asked money back guarantee in case for some reason you are unhappy with its effectiveness in reversing gingivitis and improving the overall health of your gums.
The Waterpik WP-560 though expensive is a premium flossers that is generally quiet in uses compared to most flossers and is waterproof. It employs magnetic charging that completely charges the battery in 4 hours.
The only issue with the battery is that you should not allow the battery to completely deplete or over-charge. This means you cannot leave it the charge overnight because this will likely damage the battery.
However this flosser is quite elegant in design and quite effective in dislodging plaque. In case you are looking for a high end premium cordless flosser that gives you reliable results then check out the Waterpik WP-560 now.
4. Poseidon – Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
It has three operating modes (normal, for day to day use, soft if you have sensitive teeth and want to slow down the pressure and pulse which cranks up the pressure to dislodge in built plaque). It is relatively quiet when in use compared to most cordless flossers. It features a tip release button and comes with two interchangeable color coded tips for multiple use which is quite cost effective especially for couples.
- It has long lasting Lithium-Ion Batteries,
- A water tank that is easy to fill.
- You get one year warranty
- It’s quite portable and lightweight
- It’s approved by FDA and is BPA free
- It has no traveling case
- It has a smallish water tank
Like most cordless flossers the Poseidon Professional is less abrasive than flossing, the pressurized jets of water easily dislodge built in plaque and reverses gingivitis. It will improve the health of your gums by removing bacteria that can easily hide under the gumline. It prevents bad breath and can be used bridgework, braces, and implants.
5. Aqua Flosser – Professional Rechargeable Oral irrigator
- It has four color-coded tips that can be used interchangeably.
- A fully accessorized dental kit that includes a tooth scraper, dental mirror and scaler set.
- It has a slightly bigger water tank (150ml) than most cordless flossers.
- It has two option s for filling the tank which gives you more flexibility.
- It can be used in three variable modes (Normal pulse and soft )
- It’s a bit messy when in use, it’s preferably better to use when in the shower because it is waterproof.
- You need to clean it thoroughly to avoid mold building up
The Aqua flosser has scientifically been proved to be five times more efficient than traditional flossing in cleaning your teeth. The variable settings make it suitable to be used on both sensitive and normal teeth. The dental kit is an added bonus that should enhance your dental cleaning regime. This is a decent oral irrigator that will improve your oral health within a short time. Check it out here
6. SmarToiletries Water Flosser Professional Cordless
- The water pot is placed at the bottom instead of the top which makes is awkward to handle
- Only one nozzle unlike comparable oral irrigators that come with multiple nozzles
- Like most portable oral irrigators, it does not hold enough water to do the whole mouth in one go.
- It is BPA free and waterproof
- The Li-ion batteries provide more power to charge up the pressure jets and also lasts long
- It has a smart timer that huts off after two minutes use
- It is less noisy compared to most standard cordless flossers
- It works perfectly with braces, implants, and crowns
- Increased flexibility because of the three operational modes.
- Prevents bleeding of the gums and bad breath
7. NEW Poseidon Inductive Rechargeable Oral Irrigator with Charging Cradle
- It employs pulsed jets of stream that are gentle to your gums but quite effective at removing plaque.
- It has three modes of operation (normal soft and pulse). Under normal mode (60 PSI) you can get between 30- 60 seconds of continuous flossing while the soft mode has (40 PSI).The pulse mode has (80PSI) pressure.
- It comes with one year guarantee
- It’s a bit messy when in use especially before you get used to it.
- Like most cordless flossers, it does not hold enough water to clean the entire mouth.
This is one of the top best selling cordless water flosser in the USA because it is very effective at removing plaque. It has powerful streamed jets that reach in places that are tricky to reach. The different color coded tips and auto shut off gives you added flexibility. Check it out now here.
8.Philips Sonicare AirFloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser, HX8211/03
It has an auto burst feature that released streams of pressure at a regular interval for effortless cleaning. Because it combines air and water, it requires very little water to floss the whole mouth. It removes five times time more plaque than ordinary brushing and also eliminates cavities on your teeth.
It only takes 30 seconds to clean the entire mouth, this will save you time without compromising on your teeth cleaning procedure. You accomplish this by pointing the nozzle in between your teeth a press the button for a burst of micro-droplets and air that stream at high pressure to eliminate plaque.
- It only has three months guarantee.
- It’s not waterproof
- It has no variable modes like soft, normal and pulse. Some customers have complained that the pressure can be too high which can lead to bleeding
- There is no on-board compartment to store the floss heads.
- It is less messy than most portable flossers because it uses bursts of air and micro-droplets to remove plaque.
- Improves gum health after only two weeks of continuous use.
- It reduces the risk of developing cavities.
- It is easy to set up and use.
- The auto-burts feature makes flossing your teeth easy and effortless.
- The tanks holds enough liquid for two complete flossing sessions.
- It has a slim angled nozzle that makes it easy to focus on problem areas
- It has a long lasting battery- one full charge can last for 10-12 uses
9. ShowerBreeze – Water Jet Dental Irrigator – Treat Gum Disease Naturally
- It eliminates gum bleeding, periodontitis gingivitis
- It is easy to maintain and clean, no risk of mold building up
- It is made of a durable material- chrome plated brass.
- It has a coiled hose which is easy to store
- It is easy to assemble and install
- It doesn’t require refilling or batteries, just use it in the shower.
- This product is made in the USA by veterans.
- In some cases, it leaks and does not fit in some shower heads.
- If not well installed it might restrict the pressure of your shower.
The Showerbreeze is low maintenance if you get it well installed, you don’t have to recharge batteries of refill water tanks, just use the pressure from your shower. It reduces gingivitis and because it is installed in the shower, it is quite convenient to use. You are likely to use it every day you shower and this will increase your oral health.
This product is made in the US veterans and they have a wonderful customer service department. If not well installed it could reduce the pressure of and even leak. However, when it is working well as designed, it is a wonderful kit that will improve the health of your gums without much effort. Check it out here.